Cheap domain regestration site

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (27 posts)
  1. world of the wise profile image65
    world of the wiseposted 14 years ago

Hi guys
    I request any merciful person to direct me to the cheapest yet trustworthy domain regestrator

1. mugshot profile image60
      mugshotposted 14 years ago

Sorry I dont know I always use Yahoo ($9.99 per year) not the cheapest but definately trustworthy.

2. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years ago

I used to use godaddy.com not sure how much they charge, but they are by far the largest....

3. vancouver profile image41
      vancouverposted 14 years ago

Try out netfirms, i find that there is less of a chance of getting your possible to be bought domain name parked with them than say godaddy.

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A domain is either available or it is not.... at any one time a domain is either parked with godaddy or it is not, buying from another firm is not going to change that. Domains are parked with godaddy when somebody purchases a domain from them and either a) chooses to park it with them, or b) buys the domain and doesnt point it anywhere.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
          Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not entirely true. I just bought 8 domains that were "unavailable" unless I paid to reserve them at godaddy  - that were available at bluehost.

1. profile image0

Oh right.... didnt realise that. Apologies to whoever I disagreed with then...

Godaddy once told me that manchester.co.uk was available to buy as a new registration. It let me go right through to the payment process, took the money from my account.... and I spent 24 hours convinced that I had taken ownership of a £100k domain.

I have never used godaddy since then....

2. sunforged profile image71
          sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

not entirely true...some hosts are known to purchase and park domains that are searched for via their site and not immediately purchased.

If you come back the next day, that domain will be parked and available as a "premium domain"

I have not experienced this with godaddy, a service which I have approx 40 domains through but it has been said to be true

That being said I have not had a problem with godaddy and i give them kudos for great customer service

I have coupon codes for 7.49 domains on most of my "post hub Pages" hubs here on hubpages. which is the cheapest ive ever found

i also use hostgator, namecheap and dreamhost...currently 1 and 1 hosting has a free domain and i free year hosting w/ a 2 year contract that is cheaper than any deal i have ever seen before

let me know and i can toss you the promo code (it might have been for august only though)

1. profile image0

This has made me think..... would there be SEO benefits to pointing a keyword/phrase domain at a related hub?

If I was to redirect a domain to a hub, lets say for example that I owned:- www.mostexpensivebutter.com and had a hub with the url /expensive-butters-of-the-world would I get traffic from 'Most expensive butter' and from 'Expensive butters'??

I have a few unused domains, which get a little bit of type in traffic..... surely pointing that traffic to one of my hubs is going to be better than pointing to sedo parking?

4. KevCC profile image72
      KevCCposted 14 years ago

I've searched for domains found they were available, delayed registering briefly, eg; computer crash, called away, whatever, then found the said domain is only available for $1200.
      He who hesitates is lost. Or fleeced.

1. profile image0

Is that with godaddy? because I think that they have a lot system errors. Either that or they do it on purpose to evoke emotions. 'Domaining' is akin to gambling, and people can spend a lot of money in their belief that their domain is worth a lot of money. Normally because they take estibot valuations too seriously.

After checking whois for manchester.co.uk, it had been registered for about 8 years and was not due for expiry for another 2 years....

That, and a couple of other incidents, put my off godaddy completely.....

5. sunforged profile image71
      sunforgedposted 14 years ago

you'll find that a lot of people point domains at their hubs and hub profiles.

you can get traffic benefits, whats the seo benefit? little to none - if people link to your forwarded domain instead of your hub you will actually be diluting the rankings of your hub.

best bet is to use those unused domains to create a squeeze page that leads to your hubs

1. profile image0

How about pointing a single domain to my profile? And using that domain as a link to my profile only?

Would that effect the rankings of my hubs?

Thanks for your help by the way.

1. sunforged profile image71
          sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In theory: using a forwarded domain will only dilute the ranking between the two addresses resulting in a lower ranking for both (although they arrive at the same location)

So for seo purposes, using a domain forward with no maskling, no 301 redirects (things you cant control since your not the site owner) your more likely to hurt your rankings

But for general traffic purposes and branding - forwarding a domain to your hubprofile (ex)www.besthubberever.com) could def have its benefits - BUT you are just as likely to get that traffic to your site (or profile) by writing those keywordsinto your profile text.. ie Welcome to Ryan kett's teh best hubber ever profile page

Personally, i do use forwards to blogspot domains and have yet to take the time to fully configure - so it is arranged just the way your forward to a hub would be

The keywords in the title make the forwarded domain keywords the very first search result in yahoo! ...but google doesnt seem to care and ranks the original blogspot url much higher.

does that make sense?

6. Lady_E profile image63
      Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Where have you been hiding World of the Wise?

Anyway, I have a Domain with Register.com and have had it for 8 years now. It costs £15 for a year (website and email). They are a very reliable company - US Based.

Check them out, see if you like them.  That's just over a £1 a month.  smile

www.register.com

world of the wiseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My friend, i will tell when God allows
        but to be sincere, there have been some issues in the world of the wise

7. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 14 years ago

I use www.dotster.com

They're not the cheapest (US$15.00 per year) but I've been using them for 9 years and they're rock solid.

And if you use edealinfo20 when it asks for a coupon you'll get 20% off (I did last time I used it, it should still work). Otherwise nvu will get you 15% off.

Hey Dark Side
        Is that domain plus website?

1. darkside profile image66
          darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, just domain.

It'll be considerably more at any register that upsells a site package. As you've got both the hosting and the website to consider.

If you get webhosting at say... bluehost.com. hostforweb.com or some other web hosting company make sure it offers cPanel. Which should have Fantastico. Which is a very easy way to install blog, forum and CMS software. A few clicks and you're done.

First though, you've got to think about what your goal is. I honestly believe the best way to have a website is one that you've built yourself. I don't discount the benefits of Wordpress and other applications, but my ability to use all the automated packages has been because I learned the basics of HTML (even though I used a HTML editor).

The easier you want the site to manage, the more it's going to cost. Unless you can bring some knowledge and skills to the party.

How can i know they have cPanel? eventhough am not sure what it is

1. darkside profile image66
              darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In the information about what you're buying it should mention it.

Here's a bunch of waffle, skim through it, I'm unsure of your knowledge when it comes to things like this but there's no harm in having a read and sooner or later all the pieces will start fitting together: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cpanel

And here's information on Fantastico.

8. world of the wise profile image65
      world of the wiseposted 14 years ago

Thank you guys, i think you are all great, let me try out what you have given me.

9. pepperlynn76 profile image60
      pepperlynn76posted 14 years ago

Do not use Godaddy. They are horrible! I registered a few domains with them last year and they have been the least helpful. I have also heard they are notorious for snipping domain names when you enter them into their system to see if it is available.

They will also give you a hard time of transferring your domains to a new registrar too.

I use Namecheap.com because they give you free privacy registration. If you use a coupon code you can get a domain for about $8.81. Sometimes cheaper if you can find a good coupon.

10. Eric Graudins profile image60
      Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

I recommend namecheap.com for registering your domains,
      and Hostgator.com for hosting.

I wouldn't use goodaddy for anything.
      See www.nodaddy.com

Cheers,
      Eric G.

1. vancouver profile image41
        vancouverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't agree more, i've had multiple domain names "parked/stolen" by godaddy, when i didnt register them right away. Came back the next day to find them available for a premium. And i'm talking about targeted niches that wouldn't have normally been grabbed up.

JR

11. profile image57
      blogerposted 14 years ago
    12. swarnaw profile image61
      swarnawposted 14 years ago

This is a very cheap Domain and you can resell it.

http://www.resellerspanel.com/

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)