hehehe My Weekend Sucked hehehe

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (29 posts)
  1. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

There I was, themometer sticking out of mouth registering ungodly temperatures when I notice an odor and dampness in the kitchen.  Move the fridge only to reveal the most hideous mold spore colony in the pacific northwest courtesy our incontinent fridge. 

With said fever and mucous drippings, I begin to take up the tile in the kitchen.  Dry rot and mold everwhere on the subfloor.  Under the subfloor are wood planks for extra support for the fridge.  But, did we know that?  No, we discovered this after we'd taken out the jigsaw to cut out the subfloor.  Major hole in the floor.  Cat almost ends up living in the crawlspace.  Husband takes over the floor, I become the Maytag repair woman.  Literally have the butt crack going on disassembling the fridge.  Flu sweat's dripping on the floor, hubby says I look sexy.

Hubby basically gets the whole floor put back together, realizes he forgot to lay down the vapor barrier.  Back to step one, take back up the floor.  hehehe.  Food in fridge is rotting.  Plug it back in finally, it's all good.  Finish the floor for the second time, still smells like sh*t.  Walk outside for a breath of fresh air and a brisk breeze blows a shingle of our roof and hits me in the head.  hehehe.

1. Army Infantry Mom profile image60
      Army Infantry Momposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry you had such a bad weekend,..This flu going around sure is'nt no joke,..I think me and hubby are coming down with it,..fighting fever feeling like,..well,..like we're gonna die,.. Sure hope your feelin better. My sister and her family had it for 6 days.

2. atomswifey profile image57
      atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh my goodness!! This is horrible I hope you are ok!?
      lol a little giggle at the shingle though, cant help that not even you could lol
      But wow that is really serious about the mold thing!
      Hope you guys have that under control now. And you take care of yourself! Get some rest for that flu! smile

1. profile image0
        wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks!  I feel fine now, but our fridge is still leaking.  So, I guess I'll have to do some more investigating...  I did actually think the shingle was funny, as much as I don't want to face the cost of a new roof, evidently I have no choice as was made blatantly obvious to me.  I am worried about the mold, but we can fix it.  I might have to leave the house on that day though, because my husband will be in the WORST mood, no doubt.  Oh well, there are worse problems, huh?  Our big issue is his job has been outsourced, so pretty soon he'll be jobless.  Somehow we're managing to stay optimistic and become closer through all the stress.  I've seen couples have lots of problems during times of financial stress, fortunately we're not one of them.  smile

1. atomswifey profile image57

Boy you are not joking there! I hear you loud and clear. My hubby and I lost our beautiful home to this economy and were forced to move. We were blessed to find a buyer but it was a close call.
          This economy is so bad and we live in Michigan so you can imagine! lol
          I know you don't share my beliefs sweetie, but I will keep you and your family in my prayers for sure through all of this! smile

3. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

wow.

what a day, huh?

the other day i opened one of those bags of baby carrots from Costco. it has a zipper on it, so i closed it and went to toss it in the fridge but the zipper was defective and there must have been a hundred carrots on the floor.

last week it was cars, this week it is refrigerator mishaps.

someone up there is angry at us little hubbers wink

I tried to tell you guys that! But did you believe me? No! LOL
        jk lol

1. profile image0

lol lol lol  Good one.

2. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

I would imagine you WERE sexy in that position, bet your hubby had a point smile

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is all about perspective and orientation smile wordscribe41 - I hope the week is better, try lunch time emailing...PST... smile

2. thranax profile image73
      thranaxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

~thranax~

3. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Sorry about your weekend, and your kitchen ,and the flu smile

4. profile image0

Thanks, guys.  Its just funny now.  Plus it gave me a chance to use "hehehe".  I hate "hehehe".

1. rmcrayne profile image90
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I caught on immediately when I saw the thread.  (Smiling, not LOL, not hehehe'ing) Glad you can find it funny now.  I'm sure powerful expletives came to mind earlier.

1. profile image0

Indeed!!!  Lots of tagged onto one with a maternal meaning.  I loved your thread, one I've been meaning to start.

2. atomswifey profile image57

for sure!! smile
        Well you know my beliefs and I sure would have! LOL

5. geminimoon profile image61
    geminimoonposted 14 years ago

Hope you don't have swine flu, my 4yr old grand daughter just tested positive and my son in law is frantic! Get well soon and good luck with the kitchen floor!

1. profile image0

So sorry about your your grandaughter.  I don't have swine flu, I really am fine now.  I suppose there's on OFF chance I had it, but I think it was just a bad cold.  Plus, I exaggerated for narrative effect. 

Hope she has a speedy recovery, keep us posted.   sad

1. geminimoon profile image61
        geminimoonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much!

6. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I hope you feel better soon.  The mold could have been the source of your sickness too!  Sorry about your weekend.

7. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Lots of well wishes and virtual chicken soup coming your way.  Feel better soon!

8. profile image0

Thanks, Jane and Irohner.  Just discovered the fridge is STILL leaking.  I may be bald before this is over.

9. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

made you chuckle, hee hee smile

i hope you're feeling better...

10. profile image0

Thanks, AW.  Where in Michigan do you live?  We used to spend our summers up in the pinky near Traverse City.  It's a beautiful state, has a special place in our hearts.

So sorry about your financial woes, too.  It's really scary right now...  We don't know what to do.  We live in Oregon which is ridiculously overpriced.  But, we LOVE it here.  What if he can't find a job?  Houses are taking 4 to 6 months to sell now...  I'm worried about that close call you had.  We've gone through all of our savings because he kept getting paycuts.  Ugh.  Somehow I have confidence it will all work out, but I find it hard living with this uncertainty.

sounds a lot like us. I grew up in California was born and raised there and have family there now. And yes the west is unbelievably high in housing costs and living expenses so I can imagine what you are going through.
      But yes Oregon is really beautiful and I can see why you would not want not move.

We live near Lansing, my husband was born there. I moved to Michigan when I was kid for quite a few years, back and forth between CA and MI with my parents. I have lived in the "thumb" White Rock on lake Huron, Whitmore Lake and Grand Rapids. My favorite thing to do usually in the winter here among other things is visit "Bronners". Ever been there? It is so amazing! This year not so sure if we can go.

11. profile image0

Aw, never been to Bronners.  We were on Crystal Lake in a tiny town called Frankfort.  Went to Grand Rapids many times...  So beautiful.  My FAVORITE memory is Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes, had so much fun running up and down the sand.  Have you done that?  I wish I could take my kids there.  What a blast. 

I have a lot of friends that went to MSU, but I've never been to Lansing.  I'm such a wimp I couldn't handle the winters, though.  Went to college in Madison, Wisonsin and remember my hair freezing right on my head.  Brrrr.... 

Ever find petoskey (sp?) rocks?  That was so special to find on Lake Michigan.  My mom and I were lamenting no longer having any.  I could go on and on about my fond memories.  Give that state a big kiss for me.

I sure will about the kiss smile

Bronners is the worlds largest Christmas store. And oh yes those stones! I remember we had a garden of them of sorts! I had almost forgot about that wow.

yes the winters can be harsh at times. And the summers full of humidity but it is still a great place to raise a family if you can stand those things.
      For me its hard because I have asthma and being born and raised in California where it is very dry I am not used to the wetter climate. Plus the allergies I have picked up here are atrocious! LOL
      But again, I love it here. cant explain it. It has just always been home to me. smile

1. profile image0

I know what you mean about a place being home.  Honestly, one of the reasons I love Oregon so much is it's reminiscent of Michigan with all of the trees.  I think that's why I've always been comfortable here.  I agree, I had horrible midwestern allergies.  Had a chronic sinus headache.  I feel for you, my husband has athma.  sad

yep not fun those allergies but I know what you mean about the trees and the real color of GREEN! LOl being from CA it is sooo dry and brown that their version of green is well, not really green. LOL

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)