Can you believe that this took a morning to write?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)
  1. mandybeau1 profile image61
    mandybeau1posted 14 years ago

I am writing a piece, as a replacement  for one of the Girls her job is to write innovative ads, I gave her the brief, and I told her to ad lib, then tidy it up.
    She spent 4 hours writing this:-
    Moorston Architectural Concepts, are the people to see when you need a Architectural Concept done. They can do them to your Specifications, whatever those Specifications might be.
    Their prices are very good and they are very helpful, too.
    So when you want Architectual Concepts come and see "The Team at Moorston, they have 180 years under their belts.
    (Moorston is not the real name)
    The Teams years of experience add up to 180 years, there are about 10 staff.
    She blubbered when the guy told her what her thought of it. Amazing.

1. earner profile image82
      earnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's pants.
      Has she had any training? Any experience?
      It reads like a 15 year old's school project, but if she's not had experience/training in writing ads then it wouldn't be her fault.  Too often in work we're asked to do jobs we're simply not equipped to do.

mandybeau1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

She has a B.A in something, probably Art, we are mostly Artists. They just make us do heaps of other crap. but she should be able to put something together a tad better than that. in a Morning I mean its her job description.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol bloody hell ,aww poor girl , no wait I should say poor girl ,shes making more money that I am .

Hey ask ya boss to hire me !!,I will draw customers in , like ice cold beer on a hot summers days smile

I'm only temping, I threatened to drop her, and the silly Bugger gave me a Final warning, so I smiled sweetly and said, O.K. shall I leave today instead of doing the rest.
        He said Marilyn "You are not a Team Player" I agree she needs help but she also needs compassion.
        So I started with am I good at my Temporary job, He said Yes I said well there ya go.
        He left with her after Drinkies Woo Hoo I saw them go off.

2. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

thank goodness you are only there for a week, unless they fire her and give you the job...... what bra cup are you, and what colour is your hair

Average bra size not cup flowing over and I have black hair.

3. Paradise7 profile image70
    Paradise7posted 14 years ago

I feel sorry for everyone involved in this fiasco.

No I only feel sorry for me.

4. patful profile image61
    patfulposted 14 years ago

The writer of that ad copy is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Somebody gave her an assignment way out of her depth. She could probably write speeches for American politicians,though. They have a gift for using a lot of words to say nothing.

I'll suggest it to her hahah

2. profile image0
      Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I particularly like, "They can do them to your Specifications, whatever those Specifications might be."

Actually, it made me think of my third wife.  Rose is a fine lady, but she's no writer.  Even as newlyweds, our relationship had more than its share of challenges, and I thought perhaps asking her to cowrite a science fiction novel with me would help us bond a bit better.

BAD MOVE!

To give her a track on which to run her choo-choo, I gave her an outline for a female housewife character and asked her to expand on that portion of overall (much larger and more complex) plot.  Trouble was, all she could ever get down on paper was that the woman (in the manuscript)  "cooked delicious food".

We were married for three years.  That ended 26 years ago, and to this day I can't stand the word "delicious"....lol

5. Shannondoah profile image58
    Shannondoahposted 14 years ago

So what you are saying, is you are likely to get fired again Marilyn.
    That was bad Copy, is it Sharrie, that you are talking about, she Bob you know who's daughter.She has got more than a B.A. shes got at least a Masters.
    She is only in her late 20's and has had 15 Jobs.

6. mandybeau1 profile image61
    mandybeau1posted 14 years ago

AAAH so thats the connection, she makes these ghastly scarves and sells them from $2.00 shop wool, that shaggy crap, I said why don't you buy a Shop or something, she just isn't cut out for working for anyone in the type of position she is in.
    Dwayne is really all over her.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)