Celebrating a bit..I know it only matters to me..but....

Jump to Last Post 1-38 of 38 discussions (67 posts)
  1. KCC Big Country profile image86
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Today, marks the 1 yr anniversary of me posting my first hubs on HubPages. I think I had joined a day or two before that, but published five hubs on this date a year ago.

You know things are looking up when you have hundreds of pageviews in the last 24 hours and it isn't showing you a red arrow.  Don't you get that little bit of false hope when you see a red arrow only to learn that means you've had 2 people in the last 24 hours? LOL   That's sad. 

You know things are looking up when an unpublished hub you're working on has already crawled up to a score of 78.  I wish I could hurry up and finish it!

Thanks to all my fans! You've made this year-long ride quite enjoyable!  *muah*

1. Michael Willis profile image68
      Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congratulation on your Anniversay!!!!

2. dutchman1951 profile image61
      dutchman1951posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Excelent work, I only hope to be that good sometime maybe.

Jon

KCC Big Countryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Jon!  The best advice I can give you is to write, write, write and learn everything you can from everyone you meet.  Slowly but surely, it all comes together and once it does it snowballs and you'll look back and think "wow".

3. profile image0
      rednckwmnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Awwww...congrats. You are such a good hubber!! I am pleased that your happy, and I wish you continued sucess!!

Thank you so much!

4. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
      mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congrats KCC, I hope you enjoy many more years here smile

Thanks Mistyhorizon! I really appreciate that!

5. LondonGirl profile image82
      LondonGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations!

Thank you much LG!

2. KCC Big Country profile image86

Thank you Michael...you were quick!

3. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Hey, congrats Big Girl! It's nice to have you here smile

4. Herald Daily profile image59
    Herald Dailyposted 14 years ago

Congrats to you, KCC!  Not only on the anniversary but also for writing such good hubs that you're getting some great traffic. smile

5. dohn121 profile image81
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

Congrats, KCC Big Country.  You know I'm a fan big_smile

6. KCC Big Country profile image86

Thanks Misha, Herald Daily and Dohn!  You all make it a fun place to be!  I've learned so much while being here and made some awesome friends too!  It doesn't really get any better than that!

7. Kidgas profile image62
    Kidgasposted 14 years ago

Absolutely congratulations.  Have a piece of birthday cake for me.

8. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Good work KCC, You are having fun too! (Most important!) smile

9. KCC Big Country profile image86

Thanks Kidgas & Earnest!

10. KCC Big Country profile image86

I just went back through my hubtivity to see if I got my one-year medal and I did, 4 days ago. I missed it.  So, now we know. I joined and then 4 days later I published five hubs.  smile

I made a note on my calendar that those five hubs resulted in 37 pageviews that first day.  And I thought I was smooooooking.  smile

11. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Way to go! Mmmmuah back!

12. KCC Big Country profile image86

Thanks Habee!  Habee is someone I just recently discovered even though she's been here 4 months.  She's got some great hubs!

13. profile image0
    Aquaposted 14 years ago

YAY! Happy HP Anniversary! smile

14. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

Awesomeness! Great inspiration for a semi-newbie.

15. KCC Big Country profile image86

Thank you Aqua & Lynnechandler!

I also had more hubs than fans for a long time.  LOL  It was beginning to worry me.

16. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

Many congrats to you.  Enjoying yourself is worthwhile too!

17. KCC Big Country profile image86

Thanks Randy!  I just felt like celebrating a bit and hoped no one would mind.

18. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Bang those symbols in your cute little monkey paws and have a great celebration! Congrats on 12 months.

LOL...Thanks Nelle.  My husband gave me such a hard time this weekend about the little "monkey paw" thing.  He is always quick to point out even the slightest error.  He correctly pointed out that monkeys do not have paws.  *pouts* I thought the paw idea was cute...but I guess I really should say "cute little monkey hands".    He's such a party-pooper...LOL

19. Jerilee Wei profile image68
    Jerilee Weiposted 14 years ago

You have every right to celebrate!  Sticking with it and producing the quality of your hubs is something to be proud of.  Congrats!

Thank you so much Jerilee....I remember you were one of the very first people that I looked up to when I got here and hoped some day that I could write like you.  I still look up to you, even more today, and still hope to write like you when I grow up.  LOL

20. Appletreedeals profile image67
    Appletreedealsposted 14 years ago

I mind! Bah Humbug! You better watch out I had 3 page views today...I'm smmoookkiinngg! (LOL can'tcha see the smiles) Your hubs are good and I will be picking your brain.

Congrats

Somedays I'd be tickled to death to get 3 pageviews on a hub.  LOL  Thank you, Appletreedeals!  You can pick my little monkey brain anytime you want.  I don't mind telling you anything I know and what I don't know I'll point you in the right direction to who does.

21. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Congratulations KCC. Here's to another year, and another year, and another year (never-ending LOL) in Hubpages smile.

22. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

Glad you enjoyed your first year.  Hope there will be many more exciting and lucrative years to come!  Enjoy those celebrations and Congratulations!

Thank you very much!

23. Lady_E profile image63
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Well Done KCC & Congrats on your 1st year.
    Wishing you more success. Chocolates are in the Post. smile

Thank you so much!  Yum, chocolates! Now we're talking!

24. blue dog profile image60
    blue dogposted 14 years ago

congrats kcc!
    some of you vets are eaving mighty big footprints for us to follow.

Thank you!  That's a very nice thing to say.  The same so-called vets are here to help whenever any newbies need help.  We actually enjoy helping.  You just have to holler!

25. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Well done KCC... Congratulations smile
    You inspire alot of us.

Awwww...thank you Pearldiver!

26. torimari profile image68
    torimariposted 14 years ago

Congrats! smile Ok, I am glad it's just not me who is having an unpublished hub go up in score. I had one it was like 60 and not published and confused me.

Anyway, great work. Hopefully I will be here that long. smile

I always take it as a good sign when an unpublished hub rises like that.  It may mean absolutely nothing, but I can dream.  smile
      I ended up publishing that hub last night.  smile

27. livewithrichard profile image73
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

Happy anniversary KCC.  You are a Big inspiration for a lot of us hubbers here.  I hope you have continued success for many more years to come and I hope I'm still around to see it smile

Awww..thank you Livewithrichard!  You've been really knocking them out lately! Keep up the good work!

28. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Happy 12 months and congrats! Can't wait to see what the next 12 months will bring for you!

Me too, Irohner!  I've learned so much this year. Time to put some of that good stuff to good use.  Time to crank it up a notch and see what I can accomplish this year.  Thanks!

29. TamCor profile image80
    TamCorposted 14 years ago

Congratulations, KCC, on your one year anniversary!

I just love reading your hubs, and can't wait to see what you'll come up with next! big_smile

Thank you so much TamCor!

30. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Big congratulations KCC - seriusly well done and the only way us up, up up and a big bottle of wine big_smile

31. Tom Cornett profile image80
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

Congrats KCC!  One of the coolest folks on Hubpages! cool

Awwww thanks Tom! I think you guys are very cool too! BTW..Happy Belated Wedding Anniversary to you guys!

32. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

WooHoo!! Way to go KCC!! That is definitely something to be proud of!! big_smile

Thanks so much Janetta!

33. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

congratulations! smile

Thank you so much!

34. trish1048 profile image68
    trish1048posted 14 years ago

You're a fine addition to HP, KCC!  I've been a fan smile

Congratulations!

I'm big fan of yours as well, Trish!  Thank you so much!

35. Luciendasky profile image60
    Luciendaskyposted 14 years ago

Totally awesome KCC, congrats!

Thank you so much!

36. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

Yes, you are one of the brightest stars, and one of the best clapping monkeys here. smile Carry on!

LOL...thanks Rochelle, you and I go way back to my first days here.

37. yoshi97 profile image56
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

You've been here a whole year?

Then I suppose you join the long line of old farts then that are still kicking around on this site! *evil grin*

Seriously, I hope to be able to say the same, 8 months later. smile

LOL...I refuse to be an old fart.  Can I be a little toot instead?  You really don't want me bringing up the old fart thing in 8 months do you?  LOL

The year went by quickly.

1. yoshi97 profile image56
        yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I fear not, as old farts forget easily . wink

38. starme77 profile image76
    starme77posted 14 years ago

It matters alot - congrats to you!

Awww...thank you much Starme!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)