Can you tell me why you like hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (30 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Naul Pewmanposted 14 years ago

Can you tell the real reason why you like this place or share a nice hp story?

1. beth811 profile image78
      beth811posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like HP because of great interaction of members in a forum.

2. TheEverythingHub profile image60
    TheEverythingHubposted 14 years ago

Simple because of the people and the connections with them

3. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

A very kewl symbiotic relationship, genuine sweet people, great program, great writings and a awesome tech team around us. smile

1. RooBee profile image83
      RooBeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The lovely lady Scribe has pretty much summed it up for me, too! smile

4. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I love it because of RooBee

1. RooBee profile image83
      RooBeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You had me at hello, ralwus, and now you're just sweetening the batch you doll!

5. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

The community aspect, the people, being able to get my writing out there.

But mostly, the people smile

6. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I can't help but say sweet things to RooBee. Where's that horse picture? My favorite of you it was. Yer gettin purtier all the time.

7. Laura du Toit profile image74
    Laura du Toitposted 14 years ago

The whole community feeling. You can pretend you belong somewhere.

big_smile

Sharing with people that have such diverse interests and yet we all have HP in common.

8. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
    Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

HubPages has done an amazing job creating a community here.  I played around on Squidoo for the last couple of months before starting up here, and HubPages flat out ROCKS!

The quality and diversity of stuff here is awesome, and it's all in one place.  Squidoo just seems more disjointed in that regard, so I'm a Hubber for the long haul.

9. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image73
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years ago

The free donuts.

10. darkside profile image66
    darksideposted 14 years ago
  11. Tom Cornett profile image80
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

It's a good place to write...discuss...teach and most importantly, learn.  smile

12. fortunerep profile image67
    fortunerepposted 14 years ago

I am here because I love to read what others write as well as write myself, tom, where is chapter 7?  It is my nightly reading.  Darn, where did I put that book, only on chapter 6 and lost it............

dori

1. Tom Cornett profile image80
      Tom Cornettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Coming soon!  smile

13. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

Hubpages has turned out to be a great place in so many ways.

It is a great tool for my affiliate marketing, a great platform for my adsense

Now I also love this place because of the people I am meeting.  I can be involved in inteligent conversation, meet great people and have fun working.

14. profile image0
    Wendi Mposted 14 years ago

To me, it's a place where I feel like I belong!

15. Lisa HW profile image64
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I like the fact that it's uncomplicated.  Some writing sites aren't really writing sites.  They're some "complicated, social, thing" (or something) where the writing isn't particularly the main focus.  Here, there's help if anyone ever wants it.  Other than that, Hubbers are left alone to write their Hubs and do what it takes to make them successful (or not). 

(There's free donuts?  Nobody told me there's free donuts.  Are there any left, do you think?)

16. profile image0
    Aquaposted 14 years ago

I like HubPages because writing and building the hubs is easy and fun. I like the community because it's diverse. Of course I like the ability to earn through adsense, amazon, and ebay. I joined two years ago, wrote a couple of hubs and then got distracted with other things. Now I'm back and really enjoying it! HubPages has change *a lot* in the past two years - most definitely for the better smile

17. WaffleCheese profile image44
    WaffleCheeseposted 14 years ago

The adsense!!!

I have over 30 articles on ezine, and they do wonders for traffic at my site, but nothing is better than hubpages for affiliate promotion. Love it.

18. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

You can read what brought us to HP and why we stay (question #1) for me and 3 other hubbers in this hub by lyricsingray: 

http://hubpages.com/hub/5-Questions-5-Hubbers-5-Answers

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks RM for mentioning the Hub, you all did an amazing job, I hope Newbies read it because it is inspiring.

1. profile image0
        lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

PS I like Hubpages because it challenges my writing, it makes me work harder and therefore I end up at times, with a better end result.  HubPages is also something I find myself proud of and want to build a strong portfolio.

19. gym-fitness profile image61
    gym-fitnessposted 14 years ago

i like the casualness of it all. write it and publish it and wait and see if anyone reads it.

20. profile image0
    rednckwmnposted 14 years ago

I like hubpages cuz everone here is soooo nice to me. And its not my real life. And if anyone is mean, I can turn my computer off.  smile

1. rmcrayne profile image91
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Girl if people were mean to you here, you'd have plenty of other people lining up in your defense.

21. profile image0
    Naul Pewmanposted 14 years ago

Thanks for all answers. Others are invited too. smile

22. Mrvoodoo profile image58
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

I came for the money, but stayed for the free freak shows. smile

23. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

I think my favorite part of HP's is the 'quiz' capsule

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)