Pet Peeves

Jump to Last Post 1-37 of 37 discussions (82 posts)
  1. WaffleCheese profile image45
    WaffleCheeseposted 14 years ago

Oh man....

Snoring, Eating (any mouth noises), crying babies, whiny toddlers, SMACKING and POPPING GUM!!!

Seriously, if any of do this around me, I'll murder you.

1. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yikes! I snore but I keep trying to stop! Please don't hurt me, I have cookies!

WaffleCheeseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bring me the cookies and we'll talk.

My brother snored and we shared a room. It got to the point where I always got in trouble because I'd smack him until he stopped. Then he'd yell, mom & dad would come in and I'd be chastised. I got a hideaway bed and slept in the garage--- best sleep I'd ever had up to that point

1. profile image0

I'm bad man! I've been doing them sleep studies my wife is getting anoyed with me.

2. geminimoon profile image61
      geminimoonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds to me like you need ear plugs!

I have tried every ear plug imaginable! To this day, I can't drown out the noise.

OH!!!

And TV's that are on or Bass that is reverberating whilst I try and sleep.

3. archdaw profile image60
      archdawposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I guess you have to murder yourself first. You sure came across like a whiny toddler

But suicide annoys me more.

4. starme77 profile image78
      starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can handle the crying babies - but I'm right thee with ya on the mouth noises and snoring - can't stand either one - oh, and when someone constantly chomps and smacks on ice - makes me want to pull my hair out

2. Deborah-Lynn profile image60
    Deborah-Lynnposted 14 years ago

Wafflecheese, interesting name, doesn't go with your face, or your avatar's face....pet peves?   hmmmmmm?   Let's go back to your name.....is the Cheese in all the little square depressions of the waffles or are the waffles setting on a bed of melted cheese?  Or is there sprinkled cheese over the waffles?

hmmmmmm. interesting????

No joke, I used to eat egg, cheese, and waffle sandwiches for breakfast. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. (only butter though)

And, to answer your question, yes, that's really me, and it is cheese shaped like a waffles.

3. BeccaHubbardWoods profile image87
    BeccaHubbardWoodsposted 14 years ago

I hate it when people eat noisily. Or chew with their mouths open. Or talk with their mouths full. Any continuous or repetitive noise, like dogs barking or katydids screeching. I hate it when people roll their eyes at me. Man, that makes me furious!

4. janddplus4 profile image60
    janddplus4posted 14 years ago

I can't stand it when my husband messes with the volume of the car stereo.  He knows I keep it only on prime numbers, usually 17.  He loves to reach over and turn it up or down by one number, just to mess with me.

1. Joelle Burnette profile image70
      Joelle Burnetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My hubby doesn't just mess with the volume...he sets the station to Rush Limbaugh just to annoy me! That's what I get for marrying a Republican.

5. Helen Cater profile image60
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

I hate the noise of someone sucking a sweet, drives me nuts. People who have clicky jaws.....oooh sort it out.

6. Deborah-Lynn profile image60
    Deborah-Lynnposted 14 years ago

Sorry, I cannot get past the name WaffleCheese....please how can anyone who looks like you name yourself after some really strange (albeit delicious) sandwich?  Why not just name yourself delicious,  no I guess you would believe people would think you presumptious....

Ok I need a few minutes to adjust my mind...when I call you wafflecheese I'll have to think of blueberry waffles to include those eyes staring out of the computer...

my pet peeves, Wafflecheese, are....uh!    Gorgeous young men with disturbing names....sorry...I just cannot help myself!  You could be poetic, or inspired, or deeply sentimental, but what your name reflects is food, which could be ok in certain circumstances, but your name is the wrong kind of food for poetry...it's one of those pet peeves that no one can do anything about....I guess I'll call you WC, would that be ok with you?  wink

Yes, that would be fine..

Just roll with it though, It's all in good fun!

Oh, and another thing that annoys me?

Emoticons! Seriously, I've never used one.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Whats up with that / lol they wont bite, :lol

Deborah-Lynnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ha ha ha!  You are hilarious, seriously?  WC you are like the little red button on Tommy Hillfinger's Runway collection!

3. Deborah-Lynn profile image60

tongue

7. JulietduPreez profile image69
    JulietduPreezposted 14 years ago

bad attitude
    being late
    anyone answering a cell phone when I'm talking to them

8. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Apathy. Drives me nuts hmm

9. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

People who ask "how are you?" ,then go on to talk about themselves forever lol

Lazy people who leave/throw trash around when the bin is right there!! what the hell is with that ...this morning I watched my neighbor (nice guy) get out of car, place his empty fizzy can on the kerb ,then walk in his house??? wouldnt it have taken the same amount of energy to bend an place it in his rubbish bin in the house???

Lazy poophead!
    But the more I looked ,the more I saw it , just lazy..

Rude people.

Dogs left to roam streets ( oh but they gotta be free..)

Shop assistants who look over the heads of children to serve adults...grrrrr

Ok sorry , I need coffee...smile

1. emievil profile image67
      emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Uh EK, we have lots of dogs roaming the streets here. You might not want to go to my country because of this. smile

Pet peeve - uhhhmmm, late people (although they say it's the culture here), not being able to eat on time (gets me really cranky), not drinking my coffee in the morning, uhm, people who go to church then, after mass, start gossiping with other people (gggrrrrrr).

10. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Ten men in our country could buy the whole world and ten million can't buy enough to eat.

1. frogdropping profile image77
      frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Kudos for that ralwus.

1. profile image0
        ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thank you FD, I knew you would appreciate that. If I could kick the person in the ass that causes me the most problems I could not sit down for a week.

2. profile image0
      Sarra Garrettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hazha to that ralwus.  Are you naked in your picture?

1. Deborah-Lynn profile image60

Has anyone heard from Ralwus since his last post?

3. Paradise7 profile image69
      Paradise7posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh, man, that's #1 in the top ten.  I hate it that I keep copying Ralwus, but he has such good answers.

Other pet peeves:  people trying to manipulate by being nice and also indirect.  Just tell me what you want, ok?  And I'll do it.  We don't have to tap dance around the issue.  S'ok to just TELL ME!  It also saves us both a LOT OF TIME, TO JUST TELL ME!!!

Sorry, got carried away for a minute there.

1. profile image0
        ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing. So don't copy me then. wink

11. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Eating noises are big pet peeves of mine.  The gum-chewing/snapping thing is enough to make me want to kill too.  Big band music, "real" jazz music (at least most of it), a whole lot of country western music, and music that is nothing but a couple of notes - all things that make me want to kill, as well.   

As for emoticons....

lol  lol  lol

....I kind of think they're cute.   smile

I sooooo love this Lisa,  it's just adorable,  please write a Hub with sp by step instruction on how to do this...I really want to do this...wow!!!

1. Lisa HW profile image62
        Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Deborah-Lynn, if you go to any site that lets you have codes for "smileys"/emoticons "for your website or forums" you can add whichever ones you like.  These come from www.planetsmilies.net (where you select from a category, click on the one you like, and copy the code).  On that site there are two codes.  You would want the one "for forums" (the one has [img] in it twice.  In order to put them on here you need to copy the first [img] (including the brackets), and everything between the first [img] and the last one (again, including the brackets).  You then can paste what you've copied, preview your post here (to make sure you got all the characters and no extras), and there you go.  I added a couple of basic smileys from the ones you get if you click on "formatting tips", just under the window where you type your forum post on HubPages.

If you paste the codes in on one line the pictures will be in a horizontal row.  If you do "carriage return"/"enter" your pictures will be on their own lines.  You can add spaces (or whatever) to get them to look the way you want them to look.  (The partiers came, I think, from the "party" category, if I recall correctly.  The band came from "music".  I don't know where the smokers came from, but there's nothing like smoking smiley faces.  lol  (sending you a quick message through your profile in case you don't return to this thread...)

Lisa, thank you! I have been trying to put an emoticon on this sight all night but when I press [copy] under the image, it does not copy...I'll use your instuctions and see if I get better results.  Your great to get back to me like this, I'll check my profile messages as well...big_smile big_smile big_smile

12. 1974 profile image68
    1974posted 14 years ago

People that think there is another "h" at the end of height.

I can see how the ignorant are easily confused when we are taught the equation:

length x width x height

But that is a hard T folks, it is not heighth!

13. Ms Chievous profile image66
    Ms Chievousposted 14 years ago

Pet Peeves...
    when girls almost sit on top of their guys while he is driving the pick up truck...
    and people that elbow you constantly during a ocnversation.. as if to get theit pint across.. Drives me nuts...

14. ~Stacey~ profile image60
    ~Stacey~posted 14 years ago

People dragging their feet!! Can't stand it! I absolutely hate the sound of grit.

1. profile image0
      Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, very irritating!

Also-
      when the use of

there their they're

is incorrect - most people learned the difference in the third grade grammar class

15. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

I hate, hate, hate it when a car turns very quickly onto your road cutting you off, AND THERE'S NO ONE BEHIND YOU! Drives me NUTS!

Pet peeve #2 -- overuse of the word like. "Like, he said to me, like, you know, like...."

like omg , like that is so so so badddd lol wink

16. Eaglekiwi profile image74

I gotta new one

Inefficient government departments!!!! all those taxes and so little return!

1. profile image0
      Wendi Mposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So, in other words...you hate the government!  Seriously, which departments are efficient?  I can't think of a single one!

17. areyouserious profile image57
    areyouseriousposted 14 years ago

I work in the Restaurant biz and I HATE when people come in and they are in a bad mood so they feel it necessary to take it out on you and try to make you feel less then they do at that point. I just kill them with kindness and a GOD Bless you

I hear that, you are so gracious to kill them with kindness, do you spit in their food?

1. lrohner profile image68
        lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL! I've had exactly the same question for some time now!

2. areyouserious profile image57
        areyouseriousposted 14 years agoin reply to this

never

I would have bet your answer was going to be "Areyouserious?"lol

18. Eaglekiwi profile image74

No I dont hate the Government , but whoevers in charge of individual states and how they spend their money ,bail out money that is , is a sham!!
    The Governor of SC for example couldnt give  toss if the bus system is run down , long lines at the D.M.V.

So inefficent ,badly staffed and mismanaged. Brain dead.

They need to hire more staff, and train them properly!

1. profile image0

I wasn't making accusations, just sharing my opinion...it's just as bad in the Northeast.

No thats fine ,just was clarifying my opinion wink sigh , people problem huh.

1. profile image0

Hey, you're the same person with the 6ft tall sons!

2. tksensei profile image60
      tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You think bigger government spending more money will be MORE efficient?!

Yeah, and every beer I drink makes me more sober...

Nope ,but states need to be accountable for any money they earn, to educate and properly train their staff serve!! the people wink ( who pay them in the first place)

19. love my yorkies profile image60
    love my yorkiesposted 14 years ago

Biggest pet peeve?!   People who don't turn off their cell phone in church, or at funerals or weddings and things like that.  It is so annoying and extremely disrespectful to everyone.

How is your dog doing?  Did you get to the vet?

20. Dominionmaster2 profile image60
    Dominionmaster2posted 14 years ago

Hmmm let's see pet peeves. Smacking your mouth when you eat, Dogs that are not well behaved, children who are not well behaved in public. Controlling people, Large women who insist on wearing spandex. people who say know what I mean after every statement. Teenagers with smart mouths. People who drive and talk on their cell phones especially when I am a passenger in their vehicle. Women who try to act dumb on purpose to attract attention.

Can't say I've lived a day without being amist all those things, what would you do about them?

1. Dominionmaster2 profile image60
        Dominionmaster2posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well I suppose the lip smacking thing would be taken care of with some lessons in table manners. The dog thing, I don't know some good personal attention to training the dog when you get it.
        The cell phone thing, I would say making it illegal to drive and talk would help. I guess good personal attention to your kids would help the misbehaving children in public thing. Large women in spandex, I suppose will never go away. As well as the women who act dumb on purpose to gain attention, will never go away. Teenagers with smart mouths need to know that there are consequences for their mouths.

Geezzz  that's  alot to get done, ever try to make someone do something?

21. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Ladies. Please, when you're asked where would you like to eat, PICK SOMETHING!!!!!!!! Do not say , "I don't care you pick.", this is a lie!!!!!!! I don't know any man who wants to list every restaurant in town till he hits a winner!!!!!! You know you're going out have a place in mind, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. WaffleCheese profile image45

If you need to inhale when you eat cereal or soup, then don't eat it at all. Die of starvation, I don't care.

Whatever did emoticons do to you??sob....yikes

23. .Ninna. profile image61
    .Ninna.posted 14 years ago

My pet peeves are quite a lot...dare I list them all? Okay, just a few...all the noises that one makes when he's eating (slurping, chewing loudly, gulping, utensils when they touch your teeth)...and don't even go on chewing with your mouth open! What else? Spitting anywhere (totally gross and it's fairly common over here!). Typos, so it goes without saying I hate those weird text messages with alternate spellings, one can use the dictionary option anyway.

I have a lot more but I'll stop right there.

24. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Why can't we all be just like when we were born? Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. Are you naked?smile

1. Paradise7 profile image69
      Paradise7posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes.

25. profile image0
    MrsMoeposted 14 years ago

Drivers who HAVE to be first in line to the danger of anyone in their way.
    People who use the quick checkout line when they obviously shouldn't.
    People who talk behind your back.
    Not teaching children to say "please" and "thank you"
    Children with entitlement attitudes.
    ADULTS with entitlement attitudes.

26. ThePartyAnimal profile image60
    ThePartyAnimalposted 14 years ago

I hate when parents think it is ok to drive when their kids are not wearing seat belts - I have confronted some. That makes me so MAD!!!!!!!

1. SunShineSnow profile image61
      SunShineSnowposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not to mention parents that let their kids run loose in parking lots. Too many times I see kids wondering behind the cars and in between cars while parents are busy putting packages away in the car. They should secure their children first.

27. WaffleCheese profile image45

People who smack their lips when they talk

People who let those foamy white spit balls form on the sides of their mouth when they talk.

28. WaffleCheese profile image45

How about when people ask you for your email address and then ask:

'Now, is that one word?'

or, 'is it all lowercase?'

When did email addresses EVER BE SEPARATE WORDS! Why ask me that? They are always ONE WORD!

Mother.....

29. Flightkeeper profile image65
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

The macarena.

30. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

My biggest pet peeve are whiners who constantly are looking for attention for their poor ole self.

Next would be "why are you a stay at home mom when your kids are in school?"...bugs the carp out of me.

31. wychic profile image85
    wychicposted 14 years ago

Bad table manners.

People who tap on aquariums.

People who don't train their dogs (or kids tongue) and then say they're bad when they misbehave.

Bad liars. If you're going to lie to me, at least have the decency to be convincing about it.

People who think they should be first in everyone else's life.

People who think they have a right to try to control or change someone else.

32. Joelle Burnette profile image70
    Joelle Burnetteposted 14 years ago

Sales calls!

Oh, and calling a product's help line (ie. Epson for my printer that won't work) and getting a pissy outsourced product assistant who is answering from some other part of the world; someone who has a thick accent that can't be understood by most Americans and who clearly doesn't understand American English.

33. Joelle Burnette profile image70
    Joelle Burnetteposted 14 years ago

People who say, "It can't be done."

34. profile image0
    Fountain of Infoposted 14 years ago

Bad Drivers....some people just shouldn't be let loose on the road...

35. RooBee profile image82
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

Man, you guys scare me! Remind me to sit there quietly with my arms folded if we ever meet in person. I wouldn't want to inadvertently speak, chew, or move in a way that might offend. In all future correspondence, I'll try my best to refrain from the frivolous use of slang, non-words, and (gasp) emoticons.
    But then, I'm sure someone will be annoyed by my silence or grammatical correctness.
    What to do?? I just can't win with you people!!

wink <---Sorry Mr. Cheese.

36. WaffleCheese profile image45

It's okay, I deserved it.

37. WaffleCheese profile image45

OH!

And the sound of people clipping their nails. I got a guy right behind me doing it and I wanna punch his lights out. Do that at home. Alone.

1. profile image0

You're not suppose to do that at the movies?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)