Someone post a new topic plz

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (64 posts)
  1. Helen Cater profile image60
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

I am bored and want a new topic about any old crap. Half the topics I avoid because they are a little heavy in my small heavy life. What's everyone up to in their lives. Tell us something interesting or boring it does not matter but it has to be mindless garbage.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm sick for the second time in a month. I think it is a touch of flu but don't think it is swine flu. Today I'm at the stage of going through a kleenex a minute...

Helen Caterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Aw poor you but on the plus side you get to have a break and relax a little. Sit back and enjoy your earnings.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
          Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yup, and it is a long weekend...

2. dmacman7 profile image60
      dmacman7posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just posted a new hub about NASCAR, take look

3. aware profile image67
      awareposted 14 years agoin reply to this

garbage is a good topic remember in the movie back to the future  at the end when doc comes back and instead of needing the whole gigawatt thing he simply puts some trash in the dalorians tank and bang hes ready to travel time again? why don't we have that yet ? imagine every morning taking your garbage out putting it into your trunk and driving all day on it .we would solve 2 problems at once how cool would that be. i say really cool

2. love my yorkies profile image59
    love my yorkiesposted 14 years ago

Well, I fell and sprained my ankle Monday night.  In a cast for the next two weeks, then a brace and then physical therapy.  Yippeeee!! big_smile   Anyone have any suggestions about how to not go crazy wearing a leg cast.  Never had anything like this happen, but have been enjoying the pain meds.  teehee

1. Lisa HW profile image61
      Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now this one I can contribute to.  I've spent a couple of months in two leg casts years ago, and then I spent a month and half in one leg cast and one arm cast.  My advice is not to let it stop you from doing anything.   lol   When I had the two casts one foot couldn't go on the floor, but one had a rubber thing on it; so I hopped around on that (with crutches), sometimes using the wall as support.  Part of what kept me entertained was the challenge of trying to keep doing everything I usually did - only in some "new and exciting" way.  Other than that, find a sit-down hobby, like drawing (or else catch up on reading).  (If it itches use an unbreakable ruler for scratching.  smile)

1. love my yorkies profile image59
        love my yorkiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yea, they gave me a little rubber bootie to wear, and that has helped in walking and getting around.  Don't have to use the crutches nearly as much.  Thanks for the tip on itching.

3. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Let's see...  (I think I can only come up with boring)

The other night I cooked with margarine that had an August 09 expiration date, ate the food, and lived to tell about it.  The thing about that was that I'm usually super, super, cautious about food.  I knew the margarine was old but I dared to use it anyway.  That was a big thing for me.  lol  (I can't say I felt good about it, though.  mad).

What's the oldest food you've ever eaten, knowing it was old?

I didn't think margarine had an expiration date.  Isn't it made of plastic or something like that anyway?  Ha

4. Helen Cater profile image60

Poor you my son went and broke his wrist last week and we are on holidat next Friday. He still has to work as he is self employed. Enjoy the meds and the break Ha Ha no pun intended.

5. Helen Cater profile image60

Lisa that is funny I was just watching a tv show in the Uk about fanny meat...No kidding it's true and it was expiry date 05 ask the UK hubbers..OK I guess I am the only sad one watching
    the show.

6. BrianFanslau profile image61
    BrianFanslauposted 14 years ago

What is funny is I ate margarine the other day with the same expiration date lol! I'm really cautious too and didn't get sick either. ate it with 4 slices of toast

lol   Maybe it was from the same batch.  And here we both are - not sick.  Who would have guessed that.   smile

By the way, does anyone think the show, "Desperate Housewives" is on its way out?

7. Helen Cater profile image60

Wow this thread is rocking with all this mindless dribble...I love it.

8. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I can do it, but shortly I will need my daily powernap, then someone else can threadjack it.

9. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

Hmmm, well going through a kitchen remodel. Yuk, trying to remove old wallpaper to put new up. The original owner put wallpaper over paneling!!! It has to be removed since it is peeling already so I can put new up.

Anyone want to help with that? lol

So what color scheme are you thinking of going for.The sick look up the wall is really in. Give me a few more hours and I might be able to help you out.

1. Michael Willis profile image68
        Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Using a wallpaper with designs that you paint over after you put up the wallpaper. The whole walls are done. Now I have to do the wall areas under, on top and around the cabinets. Lots and lots of cutting. Color scheme, well the painted cabinets are antique white with black hardware. Counter top... how do I describe? lol Dark.. kinda black/dark bluish gray maybe...with tanish/gold specks in it. Hard to describe it. lol

1. profile image0
          A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have never taken wallpaper off of paneling but you might try steaming it off or maybe you are doing that already.

OMG - I have horror stories about trying to remove wall paper.  I ended up having someone come in and do it for me.  Cost a little money, but worth it in the end.

2. Lisa HW profile image61

There used to be a product, "Fast", that could be applied to wallpaper and that would make it easy to remove.  It probably still exists (or else some version of it).

10. love my yorkies profile image59

Tis Friday, nothing but mindless dribble allowed today,  all violators will be forced to . . . .(insert your own punishment)

11. Anath profile image62
    Anathposted 14 years ago

What about some relationship advice?  Should someone stay in a relationship that has NO future at all but that it is very fulfilling?

1. profile image0
      bloodnlatexposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If it's fulfilling, and it is working for the moment, Isay go with it.  As soon as you feel the need for something more, then deal with it then.

1. Anath profile image62
        Anathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks B&L you are always so helpful.

1. profile image0

Hey, I'm here to help....

2. dmacman7 profile image60
      dmacman7posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I may not be the best at giving advice on relationships, but I'm old and have something to say about everything.
      if you are satified with the way things are, why want change, but if you want change you can't be satified. so find something new and exciting in someone else, and give them a channce, the saying oges nothing ventured nothing gained

1. Anath profile image62

I appreciate a man's point of view.  I am satisfied but it is in my nature to always want more and we know that this relationship cannot go any further.  We've tried to stop it many times but we always end up toguether again.  The truth be told, I am not prepared to leave everything I have achieved for him and he is not prepared to accept my terms.  Long story short... There is love but there is no future.

Thanks for your advice dmacman7

1. profile image0

That's what I tried to tell you, but I only used one sentence...I'll do better next time..

1. Anath profile image62

Ok.  enough is enough, better stop thinking about it and go out and have some fun!  Cheers guys, I will follow my instinct -which usually is have fun now and think later wink

1. profile image0

Go out and have a great night!

1. frogdropping profile image77
                frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey hey BnL - I think I just met a member of your long lost, on another thread. Bit better looking than you though ... and he's wearing a hood tongue

1. profile image0

I just got a face lift!  A couple more stitches and I'll be ready to go!

12. Michael Willis profile image68

Actually, I haven't steamed it yet. But that sounds like a great idea!!! Thanks ATexan!

1. profile image0

You can buy a little steamer at a paint store or rent one it loosens the glue and should come off fairly easy.

I may to do. I have a steamer I use to clean my gas grill with. May try that first, but it may be too hot. lol

Well, guess I had better get back at it or I won't get it done.

Hey guys I know I said mindless dribble but could we not have less of the mindless and more of the dribble. You two are sooo funny.

lol, well when I do put wallpaper on the wall...the glue does Dribble...on the floor, on me and everything in its path to the wall.

2. profile image0

Mindless? Do you now how many years I used vinegar to loosen the paper? Trust me this was MC2 to me!

You really have got  it bad. Poor you.

2. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If the paneling originally had a finish on it, or was painted, it shouldn't be terrible. The key is to keep the paper wet in large sections. Lots of spraying, or steaming. If the paper is vinyl or has a coating on it, it will be much more difficult and you'll need to score it to break the surface to get the moisture beneath the coating.

Sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's just a horrible pain.

13. love my yorkies profile image59

ok, more mindless dribble coming your way.  It's not even Halloween yet and they're already showing Christmas movies on TV.  Halfway watching one now.  Good grief, Charley Brown!!!

14. Helen Cater profile image60

Oh plz

15. love my yorkies profile image59

You think your hubs are mindless dribble.  You should check out a couple of mine.  But then again, mindless dribble, drool . . . dribble is what i do best.

16. Michael Willis profile image68

Here's more Dribbling for ya!
    http://csjdtf.net/ICONS/IMAGES/B/basketball_player_dribbling.gif

I find drooling works pretty good for me!  lol

2. Lisa HW profile image61

This dribbling kind of ties together with the broken ankle post above (sort of):

When I was a kid I was dribbling a soccer ball and injured my wrist so badly it lasted for ages.  It made me hate soccer forever.  There's a special kind of tripping that happens when dribbling a soccer ball.  Anyone have any embarrassing, falling-down, stories?

17. profile image0
    Eva Hanssonposted 14 years ago

My vapid thought for the day is why on earth would anyone buy this:

http://www.asseenontvguys.com/productimages/as_seen_on_tv_guys_2/egg-genie.jpg

Please expand on the difficulties one's had with making hard boiled eggs.  I find no issues throwing them in boiling water, do you, really?  I'm baffled.

well, ya know, I do have a few friends and family members who really can't boil water.  You would think anyone can boil water, but tis not true.  These people do good to make a pb&j sandwich.  And you can't use pb&j around them, you have to actually say the words.

1. profile image0
        Eva Hanssonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, that's very disconcerting.  Are you sure it's not just an act to be waited on?

unfortunately, pretty sure they're not faking.  and is very sad too considering that the reat of the family can cook really good.  Even my 3 brothers.

I can think of a "certain person" who could have used this.  When my kids were really little I did the unusual thing of leaving them with their father for a few hours one day.  My little son liked hard boiled eggs, and that's what his father aimed to get him for lunch.  I came home to a whole, big, story about how something went wrong, how egg and shell ended up everywhere, and how there were still a few pieces of egg stuck on the ceiling.   lol   I really, really, could not believe there would have been a problem boiling an egg.  lol

18. profile image0
    Eva Hanssonposted 14 years ago

love my yorkies, that's pretty wild.  I guess I've dated a few guys not too far from that.

19. profile image0
    Wendi Mposted 14 years ago

Here's something mindless...a co-worker hit me in the head with an apple today!

20. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Bloodnlatex, are you all through with that orthodontic work you've been aiming to get, along with the facelift?

21. love my yorkies profile image59

bnl - don't think you got your money's worth!  lol  are you sure the doc you went to was board certified?

1. profile image0

I did it myself with the help of the Home Surgery Channel.  Yep, you like it, not one class.

Well, I'm always in favor of self improvement.  Are you sure you didn't miss an episode?  lol

1. profile image0

I don't know,  I lost a bit of blood and passed out.  When I woke up the doctor said the proceedure was over, so I cleaned up and went on with my day.

22. love my yorkies profile image59

well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder ya know.  And if yer happy with the results, good for you.

23. profile image0
    bloodnlatexposted 14 years ago

I feel like a new man!

24. love my yorkies profile image59

And so you should.  For tis quite an improvement from your previous self.  lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)