Handling The Almighty Alter Ego

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Dale Mazurek profile image61
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

Some agree and some disagree that using alter egos here shouldnt be allowed.

Well I have openly admitted that I do use them but they are for marketing purposes only.

This account that Im talking through is the real me and the only time my alter egos will comment on anything is in a thread or a hub that is directly related to that egos niche.

I dont use my alter egos to bump threads or anything like that.

I think BacCo or who ever he is today is a great person but needs to get things figured out.  At first I used to laugh at the conversations between himself and Pirate girl but now things are actually a bit weird.

I just wanted to state my opinion.  I believe I use mine the way I set out and in all honesty maybe BadCo is just having fun.  He did apologize for the other night.  I dont mind it if he keeps it funny but other than that I stay right away from the thread.

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I guess people float their boats in different ways. actually I am amazed at the amount of time that people waste here.  I try to give myself a time limit and then off, but doesn't always work. I'm working at home now, so the computer is right here.

I guess you could say a forum is a microcosm of society, we just don't see it like this when we're at the grocery store or sitting at a cafe. that guy standing in line could be thinking any number of things, here people say it or create the alter so they can say it. big_smile

2. BloodRedPen profile image69
    BloodRedPenposted 14 years ago

I will have to say, I disagree with the use of alter egos in the forums. Its one thing to write under a pen name. But alter egos tend to be used to antagonize, deceive, and promote general discontent.

3. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

I don't care about alter egos personally. Welcome to the internet, I could be 5 different people right now and you would never know. Its what makes the internet so special.

~thranax~

4. BloodRedPen profile image69

thranax - Thank you for proving my point - antagonize, deceive, and promote general discontent

5. RKHenry profile image63
    RKHenryposted 14 years ago

He and his bullshit is very damaging to Hubpages.  You know- I think there are a few screws loosen in Badco head.  He's single handily ruining hubpages forums. Everytime I come into the forums these days, which is VERY few and far between NOW, here is s**t like this- and there is Badco ruining it with his stupid bullshit.

6. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

I don't have any problem with alter egos - as long as they behave. And I don't share into the opinion that alter egos enable people to get loose - if you are a crapper, it shows anyway. No, while sometimes it's funny, I am not a big fan of BC puppet show, but there are a few other people that spoil the forums for me much more - even though they are not using alter egos... smile

7. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

As long as we can keep a lok out for who BC is, I think it will be OK. It's when he sneaks a new one in that can be bothersome, or when he has had too much of the wine. I'm still not sure of all of his alters yet. LOL

8. RKHenry profile image63

The dude's a sorry drunken mess.  Nobody likes a "bad" drunk.

1. Misha profile image62
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"The dude" is going through a rough patch in his life, cut him some slack. Not to say I enjoy his drunken egos though. smile

1. RKHenry profile image63
        RKHenryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah- no.  Glad you like the behavior.  Glad you are a better person than I am Misha.  Enough said?

9. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

No, we don't. But I like to keep my eye on it just as well. Sometimes I can calm him down, not always. Frogdropping can also. With a name like badcompany, it is logical he can be. don't ya think so?

10. RKHenry profile image63

No excuse.  But hey- I've stopped coming to these forums because they are nothing like what you, sufi, misha, darkside, UW, etc... had helped build them into.  Which were the hottest forums to participate in on the Internet.  And now, look at them.  Crap.

1. frogdropping profile image78
      frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just read something I really didn't like. A first for me. Oh well. I'm going to go write else where and help those that ask as and when. Merry Christmas all smile

RK - there's nowt as queer as folk I'm afraid.

11. BloodRedPen profile image69

multiple alter egos is a clinical medical condition that deserves sympathy not enablement

12. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

we can choose to play along with or ignore whoever we want around here. Believe me, I know that can be easier said then done, but there will alwasy be somebody around causing problems or creating chaos. That's just what happens when you have a community as large as this one. So, we can get our panties in a twist about it and cry or we can ignore it and move on.

Around here, you really have to live by the notion that if you don't like it, ignore it. If you let one person (and yes he is but one person) ruin how you feel about HP, then you'll never get anything out of the place.

The forums are for each of us to express our opinions no matter whether others agree with what we say or how we say it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)