dual accounts, split personalities, alter egos...

Jump to Last Post 51-66 of 66 discussions (241 posts)
  1. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

I do not have a problem with multiple accounts CG, BC, or whoever you wish to be at the moment.  As long as you do not use these accounts to back up your own opinion I do not care which role you play.  I may eventually use another account for different hubs but there will be no secret about my identity.

I know there have been many alter ego discussions on the forums and this will surely not be the last.  Those of us who dislike these trolls using different accounts to harass members or otherwise cause grief have no means to rectify these tactics other than discuss them here.  If nothing else we get to blow off steam and perhaps the staff may at least be aware of our concerns.

Sorry if these posts bore you but I will not give you a dollar!

2. profile image49
    CabinGirlposted 14 years ago

Tight bugger smile

You never bore me my friend and have a good weekend !

3. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I have spent some time this morning reading all of the posts on this thread. I don't particularly care for the name calling and finger pointing that does take place. Reminds me of being in school. I know adults do practice spewing hate and vitriolic behavior and this passes on to their children. Anger can bring out the worst of us all. I've said it before and I say it again, the tongue is a mighty member of our body and one hard to bridle. I can only hope that I can always behave with good manners and either say something good or just walk away from it all.
    That being said, I will answer the question of this thread. No it is not fair to call out the alter egos of our members who have them. It makes for interest and I figure that in reality I have only four fans, the rest are all alter egos of those four.
    BTW. MM is Misha and she does fly around in that cape.

1. manlypoetryman profile image82
      manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Crowd Cheers...as ralwus states very eloquently and cohesively.

Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cool tractor!  Is that a Massey Ferguson?

That there...is a 1942 International Farmall Tractor, my friend!

I thought the hood was too square to be a MF.  I have a 48 A Farmall which still runs smooth as a sewing machine.  Antique tractors are highly sought these days.  I rebuilt the engine in a 50's model similar to yours.  Great old machines.  It's not as much fun working on the monsters we use today though.

Yes...you said it. I like the simpler things in life myself...as well. Sounds like you really have a great tractor there in your 48 model! Wan'na Race? just kiddin...I baby this one way too much to even joke like that...

Gotta find some new tires to put on the old girl.  A new set probably will cost more than the tractor cost new.  Good talking with you.

2. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey !! What about me? :::::::sad  lolololo smile

1. profile image0
        ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are my top fan dear. LOL

1. AEvans profile image71
          AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile tongue

3. Jane@CM profile image61
      Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey, I must be one of the four big_smile

Hubpages must love this stuff, it goes on and on.  My take on the real people - if they are spewing hate and the like, trust me, I won't be reading anything they write or refer their writing to friends.  As far as alter egos who have no Hubs...waste of my time.  For alter egos that play nice & have well written hubs, awesome!  Is all this stuff going to bring hubpages down...I'm guessing no, if they are still making money & these forums are not hurting their bottom line, they'll allow it to continue.  If you truly want it to stop, then you (general you) have to do something about it, stop participating in the hate filled threads, stop baiting people on, and quit trying to figure out who the trolls are - go write!  My guess, the people who continue in these threads thrive on the drama, and it helps pass their day.  Calling names and such is easy because you have a screen to hide behind, and many times its the bully who has always been a bully & will never change.  What I read on some of these threads simply reminds me of why my daughter needed to escape high school....

1. tksensei profile image59
        tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

??????????????????

2. Maddie Ruud profile image73
        Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually, I hate it.

On a professional level, it sucks up huge amounts of time to moderate the forums--time better spent improving the site and providing support to people who really need it.

On a personal level, it's just frustrating for me to deal with juvenile behavior.  I sometimes feel like a babysitter with a bunch of kids whining and pointing fingers.  "He hit me!"   "But she called me a poophead!"  Everyone here is over 18.  Everyone should be mature enough to 1) be respectful, and 2) realize this is an online forum, and not worth real-life stress.

This isn't directed at anyone in particular, for the record.  I'm just tired of being accused of having some hidden agenda for my actions (or lack thereof) in the forums.

1. profile image0
          Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Quite frankly, if I had seen some of these topics, prior to signing up, I might not have.

4. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

I'm planning to make an account for doing hatchet job, but why need for it when you can at least be pleasant to everybody although you can't please 'em all.

5. profile image0

I found this to be interesting and share it with you all.
    http://www.flayme.com/troll/quiz.shtml

6. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Am I one of those fans ralwus? sad

1. profile image0

I think you are. You aren't really cabin girl are you? LOL Or mebbe Lita in disguise? Oh no, that's Lucy.

7. profile image0

Let's hear it for our Maddie.
    http://www.clipartof.com/images/thumbnail/1233.gif

8. Jess Killmenow profile image60
    Jess Killmenowposted 14 years ago

I have three personalities.  I am a sick human being.  But at least I try to be nice to everyone.  smile

9. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

You can definitely say that for all the problems this is an active forum smile I wish I could get my forum on Scottish Culture going. Maybe I should start posting controversial things... Maybe claim that Obama was born in Scotland big_smile

1. profile image0

Haha Well I read that he does have Scottish roots via Ulster.

10. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image61
    I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years ago

I say, let sleeping dogs lye. Yet, should they attack put them down! smile

11. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

There you go Blue Bozo thats the best I could do. Me and my son in Colorado.

1. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nice pic sneak! Now I can officially say... I can see you hehehe...shhh I'm using my parents' computer don't tell anyone lol

12. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Hey, good job with your pic Sneako! smile

13. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Come on Nelle, you are quite experienced online, this place is way more polite than the majority of other places. smile

1. profile image50
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree Misha, I find it way mild to some of the sites I have been on. On the whole this site is full of really good people who enjoy a bit of banter when they are not writing hubs. I feel through the Forum I know people like Misha, AE, Ralwus and yourself Nelle.

14. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Misha, I'm not experienced in forums. I know how to make money. And I know how to write ad copy.

Before hubpages my affiliate marketing was quite solitary. I designed webpages, wrote sales copy, and made money. If the world seemed hinky I would visit webmasterworld and get back to work.

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
      JYOTI KOTHARIposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why are you so modest. You have more than 1200 quality posts in the forum, much more than many.
      I honor your participation in forum.
      Thanks,
      Jyoti Kothari

15. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 14 years ago

Who is the grim reaper? I got a hit and run, post from this person the other day, and I have seen him/her before.

16. cindyvine profile image68
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

Okay, what have I missed?  Who's a troll?  Who's name calling?  I disappear for a couple of weeks and what happens?  Tell me!  Tell me!

1. blue dog profile image59
      blue dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

to be perfectly honest, cindyvine, the experiences on your blog are far more entertaining than what's been going on here. 

i'll bet those experiences are far more honest as well.

2. profile image0

Oh Cindy, it has been most entertaining. I'll fill ya in on it dear.

1. blue dog profile image59
        blue dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

of course, if you would like more information relevant to this, dating back several week (based on actual experience that most hubbers are out of the loop on) that is available as well.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)