Are you at your desired weight ?

Jump to Last Post 1-49 of 49 discussions (90 posts)
  1. Ardyssbodymagic profile image58
    Ardyssbodymagicposted 14 years ago

Medical Studies state that 9 ot of 10 person are obese. I believe that not everyone is meant to be slim but you should strive to be healthy. I believe in natural or organic foods and natural remedy to get to my desired weight. I used to go to the gym 5 times aweek and still did not lose any weight. I have tried so much dietary supplement that never worked for me. I am absolutely so happy with my natural way of losing weight. My husband has always been supportive but know he is telling me how good I look. Share your secrets with us on what helped you lose weight and keep it off.

1. profile image0
      Maximus591posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow... just what are these medical studies you refer to? 9 out of 10 people are clearly not obese... unless of course you live in a southern US state. You can't move for fatties down there!

African females are certainly fatter tho. But that's more of a culture thing. African men like fat women! Some African countries the men even 'fatten-up' their females prior to marriage because they like a big woman!

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
        rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hey London, I live in florida and with the outdoor lifestyle here, healthy diet, exercise, and good genes, I am my ideal weight. 5'8" - 130lbs. cool

2. Maddie Ruud profile image71
      Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

89% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

that sounds about right. I've never heard 9 out of 10 before. hmm

people just need to move more, since I am home now, I'm not moving around as much, sitting at the computer all day is not healthy. I'm back on the treadmill, taking longer walks, doing outside stuff, movement is essential, and more fruits and veggies. big_smile

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Am I at my desired weight? HAHAHA Afraid not I was 125 lbs and want to be that once again but because of birth control pills and other eating bad eating habits I have gained wight..now 140lbs so I will betrying to lose that before Christmas and keep it off. Oh and Ardyss, WELCOME TO HUBPAGES!!!

3. shriash profile image61
    shriashposted 14 years ago

I am. But I don't believe in BMI.

4. Ivorwen profile image66
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

No!  I was underweight when I got married 11 1/2 years ago, and now after having five children I weigh ten pounds less than I did when I got married, and have more muscle.

5. bgpappa profile image79
    bgpappaposted 14 years ago

If I were eight feet tall

6. zadrobi profile image59
    zadrobiposted 14 years ago

Nothing more satisfying than making it to the gym 3-4 times a week and or running 3-4 times a week. I like to eat healthy through the week but allow myself things like pizza on the weekends. If I don't feel like going to the gym one morning before class, then I just make it up later. Going to the gym or running can be a pain but it can be a great experience if you go about it the right way.

7. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

I think I'm at my desired weight.  Not absolutely certain since I haven't hunted down our scale since we moved here last April, but my jeans keep sliding down so I have to hitch 'em back up. big_smile

And yes, Ardyss, welcome to HubPages.

8. Cheri Schultz profile image57
    Cheri Schultzposted 14 years ago

I could stand to loose about 10 lbs, but I do work out 5 days a week and watch what I eat.  I do not always like gettng up at 5:10 am everyday, but it gives me the energy and stamina to get through the day and plus I feel good.  I have not jumped on the  scale in years.  I just base it on how my clothes feel

9. RedSonja94 profile image60
    RedSonja94posted 14 years ago

Not by a long shot.  But due to medications I have gained the weight and can't seem to get it off now no matter what I do.  Exercise, while making me feel better, doesn't drop the pounds.  Eating differently hasn't done anything for me either.  I eat less now than ever in my life and it doesn't make a difference.  If someone has a clue how I can get rid of this weight I'm willing to listen.

1. Jane@CM profile image60
      Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Medications do that to me also.  My doctor said to counter act the weight gain, I HAVE to do 30 minutes of aerobic exercise EVERYDAY, drink 8-10 8 oz glasses of water.  One of my meds side affect IS craving sweets (true), so I've been extra - extra careful with sweets.

10. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

weight gain and weight loss sure is a complicated subject.

11. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I'm a tad out of shape, but much better than I was in January, weighing in at 98 - 100 lbs.  Now, thanks to the good doctors and the meds they prescribe, I'm about 119.  My ideal weight is 113.

12. Fresh_Flower profile image61
    Fresh_Flowerposted 14 years ago

Hmm, I'm quite tall and slim (191 cm 79 kilos). Many people tell me I'm to skinny and should put on more weight. But actually I don't care what they say, so yes I am happy with my weight!

13. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Hell no!

14. profile image0
    Uma07posted 14 years ago

I think I am...but look underweight.I just went thru ur bio...have u any suggestions?

15. myownworld profile image74
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

well I am (I weigh 53 kg and am 5'5) but I work pretty hard at it...nothing beats exercise!

16. profile image0
    bloodnlatexposted 14 years ago

I think I'm doing ok, but I'm still fleshing out

1. myownworld profile image74
      myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hey..! so u've returned from the dead! good to see u...(um...even with a face like that!) smile

1. profile image0
        bloodnlatexposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good to see you too... Like my new face?

17. Francis911 profile image59
    Francis911posted 14 years ago

No.
    But I think I'm healthy.

18. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

I'd really like to be 10 pounds lighter at least! Ideally though 140 -145 which would make me 15 to 20 pounds lighter.

19. hoodieweather profile image59
    hoodieweatherposted 14 years ago

I'm not at my desired weight. I work out about three to five times a week and still struggle with my physical appearance.

I should eat better. But I lovvvvvvvvvveeeeee food.

smile

20. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 14 years ago

i'm very close to my ideal weight...does that count? lol big_smile

21. ocbill profile image53
    ocbillposted 14 years ago

9 out of 10 are obese and people believed that?
    9 out of 10 are not their optimal weight, Yes, I agree.

I have to say respectfully, that I have never seen that report for 9 out of 10 being obese.

In the USA reports say it is 1/3, in the UK it is 3 out of 4. This is largely due to the bready diet, less vegetables and fruits, too much red meat and all the preservatives.

22. NaomiR profile image76
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

I'm not even close to being my ideal weight. I was underweight as a teen and have struggled with my weight for most of my adult life. And it's not for lack of trying -- I've tried every diet, lost, gained ... I even managed to get into good enough shape to do a 20-mile charity walk a couple of years ago. Right now, I'm trying to find a balance between food, exercise and just living my life. I've been keeping a food journal and walking more, which has definitely helped. One thing I've learned in my journey is that there's no "magic" solution.

I do not like being called a "fattie," though. There's so much more to my identity than my appearance.

23. Wonder_Woman profile image59
    Wonder_Womanposted 14 years ago

Honestly i have always been the type to lose and gain weight. once i feel disgusted with myself id have a more strict diet and work out. i love working out to be honest, i just hate actually getting ready for the gym but once im there i can be there for 1-2 hrs. my problem is my bf is really laid back, once i get out of work he just want to sleep in and watch movies. So we just need to work out a plan where we can go be more active together lol. i guess just blanacing each other

24. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Dont think Ive been at my desired wieght since I was 9 yrs old lol

Still Im perfection in the making ..haha

25. i_am_Legend profile image61
    i_am_Legendposted 14 years ago

Yes i am

26. profile image0

I've got the body of a svelt preteen Swedish boy......
    (In the closet)

27. europewalker profile image80
    europewalkerposted 14 years ago

I'd like to lose 10 pounds, but I also like wine and chocolate!

28. profile image0
    Maximus591posted 14 years ago

I think this thread encourages responses from those who are either at their desired weight or close to it, rather than from fat people. This is not representative of the population as a whole. There are clearly more fat people than individuals who are at their perfect weight.

Here in the UK, females are fat. (More so than men.) Not just a little fat, but fat. Not obese fat, just regular fat.

The depressing statistic is that the average body size for a female in the UK is a size 16. This comfortably falls into the fat category. Females in the UK are becoming less health conscious... they are catching up to their North American cousins and soon will overtake them, and they just simply don't care.

1. Wonder_Woman profile image59
      Wonder_Womanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol i should move to the uk. sometimes it nice always having to be reminded about diets. cant even eat a damn bag of chips without seeing 5 commercials in a row on how to be a size 1

1. profile image0

You look fine, I wouldn't worry about it.

Thank you, but as a girl it is Genetically instilled into my brain to always think about my weight

29. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

I have not weighed myself in ages so I am not sure but I do know that all my clothes are hanging off me. Time to go shopping HA! I think it would be safe to say that my body is comfortable within the range that is healthy for my height, age, sex etc. I just don't get as hungry as I used to and feel full much quicker, like the signals from tummy to brain are more efficient, making it harder to accidentally over eat and feel over full.

30. myownworld profile image74

EXERCISE people! it's key to maintaining weight...(as if u don't know already!) u see, the thing with me is I looove sweet things....and so I figured that the only way i can eat them and still stay slim is by working out at the gym! works for me!!

now where did I put that chocolate cake of mine? wink

31. profile image0

I read a while back that studies have shown that your body burns an average of 200 calories everytime you achieve an orgasim.

LOL!!! now why am I wasting time at the gym??

1. profile image0

I have no idea...<snipped - inappropriate adult content removed>

oooooh blood, u're asking for it!!! though I must say I laughed my head off at that!! ok...tonight is gonna be the night...... wink

2. profile image0

Hot, frenetic sex is a well known calorie burner. Studies have shown it's almost as good as a 30 minute aerobic workout.

Perhaps it's something all the chubby chicks should indulge in more often.

... assuming they can find a man desperate enough to want hot, frenetic sex with them.

1. profile image0

It's gotta be closing time somewhere...

2. myownworld profile image74

ha ha....but why just the chubby ones? hell....the slim ones deserve that treat too....! wink

1. profile image0

I'll take care of keeping the slim ones skinny....

3. Wonder_Woman profile image59

lol hmm... i wonder how many calories can be lost during sex... does it depend how long, how Vigorous, etc?

1. profile image0

I'm sure it does, the thing I read said that body burns 200 calories on the orgasim alone.  Everything else is just cardio.

yea sure, id be a size 2 by now :p

1. profile image0

I just know what I read...

lol okay i'll investigate and confirm

1. profile image0

We'll be waiting for your report.  Just try to keep it clean.....

32. profile image0

Whoever said that working out had to be hard and boring?  I guess it does help if it's hard though

33. myownworld profile image74

LOL....ok. people.. moral of the story:....no more gym...no counting calories..just have sex till u're ready to drop dead! now who could resist that? wonder if we'd have any fat people left in the world...

1. profile image0

I think the population explosion would take the focus off of the fat people

lol....don't be naive...I'm sure we can work out some kind of a thick condom that can last thru marathon sessions and still give pleasure...!
        (ooops...will i get banned for that??)

the numbing ones (that are suppose to make him last for marathon sex sessions) dont work at all. numbing means loosing feelings, which means going down. my bf and i avoid them and the heating ones, lol its hot enough.

34. myownworld profile image74

hey people...it's getting hot enough in here...I think I've burnt a few calories already! wink

LMAO ~

35. profile image0

We're gonna have to change the name of this thread to 'The Sex Sauna'...

Opps..I mean 'The Sauna'  (Gotta keep it clean)

big_smile big_smile

just get some towels and we're done!

36. NaomiR profile image76

You know, you guys might find making fun of overweight women amusing, but as a plus-sized gal, I really don't find it funny at all. My husband and I have been married for almost 10 years now, and I can assure you that he wasn't "desperate" when we got together.

Looks aren't everything and I'm disappointed to see that on a board full of mainly intelligent people, that some of you would still resort to junior high-level insults. I'm sure that you all have at least one overweight person in your life who you love, be it a friend or family member. How would you like it if they were being mocked? Or if not that, then I'm sure that all of you have something about yourselves that's less than perfect.

1. profile image0

Nope... I know of no individuals who are chubby. My whole existence is spent living in a chubby-free zone. It suits me well.

Making fun of chubbies is a 24 hours a day occupation for some. You may consider it brutal and unkind. In a way it is... but what else can be done to prevent the explosion of chubbies in the world? The world is getting chubby not slim. That doesn't make it right. That doesn't make it acceptable. Soon, the average human being will be fat. Not a little bit fat, not a little bit chubby, but fat! The implication of humungous fatties walking this earth could be catastrophic! Should the slim be forced to pay for gastric bypass operations for fatties? Should the slim, who exercise and have a high level of mental discipline be forced to pay for the chubby slackers, who end up in hosptal because they have never done a days exercise and who think eating healthily is a fat dripping bacon buttie? 

It's appropriate that fat people are made to feel guilty due to there wide load. Being nice to a fatty just means they will maintain their negative behaviour and never change. Loading them with guilt, might force them to see their way of living needs to change.

1. torimari profile image68
        torimariposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I started laughing at the sarcasm...than I realized it may be serious.
        I mean maybe if a 16 year old boy wrote this it may be serious, but you must be joking because your avatar sure doesn't fit the part. :s

If not it is even the more funny!!!

2. profile image0
        Wendi Mposted 14 years agoin reply to this

BUT IS "NEAR DEATH" A PRICE WORTH PAYING TO STAY THIN?  And I am nowhere near being even slightly overweight!

1. profile image0

What has being thin and 'near death' got to do with it?

Unless you mean the opposite end of the spectrum : the super-thin or anorexics. But then, the fat female doesn't spend much time worrying about those kinds of females since she's probably too busy eating them... inbetween her cream buns, gooey cakes and jam tarts that is. 

Pretty depressing being fat and consuming three anorexics right off the bat... not much protein there for Miss chubby chops eh?

Anyhow, I digress. Being fat is more an issue of discipline and self control. Basically, the fat woman doesn't have any! The anorexic woman, on the other hand, is the antithesis of the fat woman (in more ways than one) her psychology is very much at the mercy of excessive control and discipline. She's also suffering from a mental illness.

In an ideal world, the fat female and the anorexic female would get together (assuming the fat female can temporarily hold off from eating the anorexic) and educate each other. But ideal worlds don't exist....

1. profile image0
            Star Witnessposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Little harsh sounding in tone, there, guy.  I think that's what people are noticing.  Though I realize you're being witty, etc., etc., too.

But I would point out that there are many reasons people are overweight...it isn't just simple psychology.  Heredity/genetics, general inactivity levels due to the current
            Western lifestyle, our processed, scary foods, and impossible female standards of beauty all have something to do with it, too.

And I'm not at all over weight; rather a proponent of voluntary calorie restrictive diets for optimum health.  It's just that with judgments on people I tend believe in "through a glass, darkly."

37. myownworld profile image74

ok...so wonder has her thing to try out...i got my husband (he won't know what's hit him!)...so what abt u blood?

well my bf and i have been together for 5 year. so.. maybe we can do a chart with our weight and the amount of time we have sex. its very scientifical stuff we are dealig with here

1. profile image0

You might even beable to get a research grant from Northwestern or somewhere.

38. profile image0

I'm sure my wife will be willing to help me lose few pounds...
    Who knows, she might even like it...

39. profile image0

I'll even try to get my eye to stay in my head!

40. myownworld profile image74

LOL....I just fell off the chair people!!! (u reckon that's another few calories?) ok....we've got a mission before us.... I don't know abt u guys, but I'm looking fierce here...!!

41. profile image0

If we're not carefull, we could end up in the medical journals with this one..... Or at least in Playboy

big_smile enough talk! I mean business here...ok....catch u later...have to prepare the ...ahem...bed and all....

2. Wonder_Woman profile image59

hmmm... I have a goal to get to, my bf wont know whats comin lmao if he screams for rape is that an additional calories that should be deducted?

1. profile image0

That depends on how much you have to struggle to keep him there.

lol its a struggle, hes 5'11 and im 5'2 but it did defenetly help when i went to the gym and worked out my arms lol

42. profile image0

Have a great and productive night!

43. kmackey32 profile image62
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

I'm at my ideal weight but I don't make fun of others who are not. Its not nice.

not nice at all, I also am my ideal weight and have never had a problem with weight, but it's really not nice to be so harsh.

I do wonder sometimes though, at check out and see what some obese people are buying...hmm  it's no wonder they're overweight.
      the really sad part of obesity is the huge health risk it is to people's lives and those of their children.

just get moving, humans aren't designed to be so immobile.
      a good workout, however we get it, always works. big_smile

1. kmackey32 profile image62
        kmackey32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I really think its another addiction.

44. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

I have more of a desired clothing size....not weight. I got rid of the scale a longgggg time ago. Right now, I know I'm not at my 'desired weight' because my pants are feeling really tight! smile So, I probably need to lose about 10 lbs to fit comfortably in most of my wardrobe again. (I refuse to purchase new clothes because I gained a little weight this year lol)

45. R P Chapman profile image60
    R P Chapmanposted 14 years ago

I'm at my desired weight, but I've got a few extra pounds with me too, just in case! big_smile

46. NaomiR profile image76

I take full responsibility for being overweight. I know that no one forced a pint of ice cream down my throat. I'm not saying that being fat is something to be applauded - it's not. But I'm still a person, not someone's punching bag.

I think most people have some sort of vice, be it gambling, drinking, smoking, etc. or some thing that they just don't like about themselves.

I can see, however, that no matter how I try to explain my point of view, that those who are inclined to make fun of others are going to continue to do so. So I'm backing out of this discussion.

47. elisabethkcmo profile image77
    elisabethkcmoposted 14 years ago

I was at my desired weight for most of my life,
    except for the last 5 years in which I've gained 25 lbs

But I've decided that of all the things we can be unhappy or dissatisfied with.. our job, our crazy family, our economy, whatever..
    at least for me, my eating habits and my weight is one thing that I can have control over and do something about.
    just need to get motivated...

48. fishtiger58 profile image68
    fishtiger58posted 14 years ago

Yup finally I am. Have lost 31 pounds in the last year. Just take a walk, it does wonders for your weight loss and your energy level.

49. Shealy Healy profile image59
    Shealy Healyposted 14 years ago

Yes

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)