I am suffering from female-phobia!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-41 of 41 discussions (119 posts)
  1. akrami profile image61
    akramiposted 14 years ago

I am a 31 year young guy. I am single and also virgin.  I am suffering from female-phobia i.e. love-shy.  Is there anyone who can help me to remove this phobia or tell me how to get rid of this?

1. profile image0
      Maximus591posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Haha. Are you being for real?

Lets assume you are. Firstly, you clearly have over-sexualised females in your mind. You perceive a female to consist of nothing more than a vagina and breasts. Many men do this. Even those who aren't suffering from 'female-phobia'.

Once you reduce your over sexualisation of females you will start to see them in more sensible terms. As a person. An individual who can become your friend.

No doubt many will offer you the usual advice. Get out more. Meet more women. Join a club. Yadda yadda yadda. All this adice is meaningless unless you can displace in your mine your over-sexualised fantasies of females into sometinge a little more realistic.

Good luck.

1. myownworld profile image73
        myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree.....first get that pent up sexual energy out of the way...and then u can move on to a relationship....
        (now don't ask me how u do that....! wink

1. Friendlyword profile image61
          Friendlywordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Come on...A pro would kill him. Get a hobby a job go to the library, find something you are very passionate about or interested in and talk to women that have the same interest. This way when see someone who looks like MYOWNWORLD you wont shut down because you will actually have something to talk about. You need a woman to be your friend for awhile before you start looking for one to take your virginity. The best of luck to you.

2. andromida profile image57
      andromidaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you need to take some initiative to breakup your virginity,I mean if you wanna marry-that's okay. Of course before marriage talk to your to be bride abt your phobia.

3. profile image0
      Uma07posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are u serious? Some men say they are better off single big_smile

akramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes ofcourse I am sure and serious. I would like to once again utter that I am a single and wants to get married.
        by the way what you have heard is not true.  You have mistaken men or it is alsopossible that someone have misinformed you.

For a complete man it is very much hard to stay single.  A Perfect man can’t live single.  He will always seek for a company of a woman to share his thoughts and to share her love and feel more secure with her woman. And this is the reason why en always wants to get married.

Always remember this quote by a great English novelist called Jane Austen. “A single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.”

look honey if u want to stay stuck in the 18th century (that's when jane austen wrote her novels!) you won't have much luck with a modern day intelligent woman anywhere...! no one wants a 'perfect' man answering to that definition for sure!

Thank you very much for your great advice. I will try my best to be a man of the 21st century.

2. profile image0
          Uma07posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Didn't want to offend you.My apologies...I pray u get the woman of ur choice and may she bring u all the good fortune and happiness in ur life.

Thank you very much for your such a great favour.
            By the way, no needs to apologise. Don’t think me as such an offending crab, which can’t bear even a smallest kidding.
            `

4. Lady_E profile image64
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why didn't you tell us about this 6 months ago when you joined HP. We could have had you married by now. smile

Thanks for your great favor. By the way, you are right. But, Although, I had joint HP six month back but, I have just started Hubtivity.

5. Lady_E profile image64
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Akrami

Check out the Muslim website below. You can meet friends there. I selected it cos your profile says you are a Traditional Muslim. Funny enough, on your profile page, there is a big Dating Website Ad conveniently placed there.

http://salaamlove.com/

Ps. If your not into Dating Websites, then pardon me. smile

6. video lost profile image60
      video lostposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Get married, simple

7. Mrvoodoo profile image56
      Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

All of those who tell you that men and women are essentially the same are lying to you. big_smile

Be afraid, be very afraid.

http://www.featurepics.com/FI/Thumb/20070916/Spooky-Halloween-Spider-Silhouette-454622.jpg

Genetically spiders and humans are something like 99% the same, and you know what female spiders do to their men right? wink

1. Wonder_Woman profile image58
        Wonder_Womanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol big_smile

1. Mrvoodoo profile image56

You know I'm right, lol, I'm sure you've spun a web or two. wink

V ... no im one of those nice spiders  ^_^ im not harmful at all

1. profile image0
              bloodnlatexposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure you're not....Weren't you say somthing about going to the gym so you could hold your boyfriend down?

but im gently aggresive smile

1. profile image0

That makes it all better...

2. Friendlyword profile image61
        Friendlywordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now that's the kind of guy that has to get married because most women will cut him dead. Most women will give you back what you bring to them. The bad ones give you warning signs a mile away. Keep a good attitude.

3. akrami profile image61

A good Joke and it holds some reality. lol, Ladies! no offence, pleae,

8. prettydarkhorse profile image56
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

YOU NEED TO BUILD YOUR SELF CONFIDENCE FIRST, iF YOU CANT BELIVE IN YOURSELF, OTHERS WILL NOT BELIEVE IN YOU. MOST WOMEN WANT TO BE PROTECTED (BY THEIR MAN FROM HARM ETC, ALSO FINANCIALLY) AND IF YOU DONT HAVE SELF CONFIDENCE, HOW CAN YOU EXPECT THEM TO BELIVE THAT YOU CAN ALSO PROTECT THEM?

MOST WOMEN ARE NOT SHALLOW, THEY DONT LOOK FOR PHYSICAL APPEARANCE, THEY TEND TO LOOK MORE FOR MEN WHO HAVE SELF CONFIDENCE (FOR PROTTECTION PURPOSES).

(SORRY CAPS LOCK, MY COMPUTER LOL)

9. ddarpen profile image60
      ddarpenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You alone can solve it!
      the first is great intentions, remember that your self a man and always remember as well as men are not supposed to like it. talking to yourself. yes, it's all psychological problems. I am sure over time you can be a great confidence!

2. Wonder_Woman profile image58
    Wonder_Womanposted 14 years ago

What made you so shy with women?

I don’t know this but I simply can’t have eye-to-eye contact even for five seconds.  I have very much desire to talk with women and to have friend ship but I can’t do so.  Although, I can talk and chat with any woman online for hours, however, I am not able to do so physically. But can’t tell why so?

Well its easy online bc you do it from the comfort of you own home, where women can express what they really feel unlike when you see them face to face 50% of what they feel is expressed in physical expressions which most men cant understand. You shouldn’t be so shy or fear rejection. Just bring up casual conversation. Believe it or not but most people enjoy a good conversation with a stranger (well I do), and if you made an impression they might give you their contact info. Just be yourself, don’t be shy to show someone who you are and what you are about, even if its quirky.

1. profile image0
          Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

yeah i agree with that advice a 100 percent.  i think the reason why its also so easy to talk to someone online because there's a certain amount anonymity to it.  plus, you can take your time thinking about what your going to say online, which helps too.

2. profile image0
        ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe because you get a hard on huh? I was like that once. Well follow  A Texan's advice then find a live partner.

3. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

we had another guy here, accofranco that started this way. LOL Look him up, he took all of our advice and is now a happy man. He is still here.

1. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I forgot about Accofranco, and I just looked for him.  It looks to me like he's gone.

1. profile image0
        ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He's still here, he is busy now with sex. smile

4. profile image0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years ago

Throw youself into the deepend.

It'll be uncomfortable at first but soon you'll gain confidence and charisma is the key to any social relationship.

Luke.

5. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

well, don't take this personally but u need to do something about that cap first! smile
    (yes, we ARE that shallow....)

What's wrong with the Cap?

6. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

Get a blow up doll

big_smile for starters yes!

2. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

TEX!

1. profile image0
        A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What?????

7. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Yikes!
    1. get sex out of the picture, for a while
    2. start talking with the women you know(not about sex)
    3. develop casual friendships
    4. don't fear rejection, it's normal
    5. think about a more neutral fashion of dress
    6. Be yourself, be kind and patient
    7. ask for a date with someone you know, don't be discouraged
    8. once on a date don't jump her, don't do anything just have fun
    9. develop a sincere fun friendship first do fun things together play minigolf, go to plays, ride go-karts show her your a fun guy and it's safe and fun to be with you.
    10. Remember sex is a quatum leap in a relationship it takes time and patients, especially with a good woman.

smile ah......always your man....! good advice!

2. video lost profile image60

These are prescribed foot steps of the devil.

Qur'an, Ch 24-Light, V 21. O ye who believe! follow not Satan's footsteps: if any will follow the footsteps of Satan, he will (but) command what is shameful and wrong: and were it not for the grace and mercy of Allah on you, not one of you would ever have been pure: but Allah doth purify whom He pleases: and Allah is One Who hears and knows (all things).

Thank you for your good suggestions. I will follow it, as I am a Muslim.

1. profile image0

Try to find a Muslim whore then...

1. profile image0

I'm glad to see that someone does..

2. Lee Boolean profile image61
          Lee Booleanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

be sure to let us know how that works out for you

Ok, Never mind I will inform you later.

8. profile image0

Go read this and see if it helps. This was accofranco's start to wellness smile
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/12895

9. myownworld profile image73

and a reminder again: we like to see some hair!!! smile
    (on the head that is!!! now please guys...don't start!)

10. profile image0
    Maximus591posted 14 years ago

The guy might well be muslim.  His appearance and dressed code leads one to believe that.  smile

He will have been indoctrinated to believe females are a certain way. Perhaps he will also need to fight through his indoctrination before he can work on the practical methods for finding a female.

11. myownworld profile image73

well there u have it.....if it's all mixed up with religious taboos...then u might as well sort that out first....

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

or beat it like your mad at it...just saying

2. profile image0

I was cured by a voodoo high priestess

12. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

Yeah, well women can be scary creatures! LOL!  Best way to get over a fear is to over expose your self to that which you fear. Thrust yourself into the company of women, surround yourself with them. Go where they go, do what they do,, learn what they like and what they dislike. I think you'll find that women are beautiful creatures especially if you get the chance to hold one in a warm embrace and trail kisses down her neck and shoulders, pausing lightly on her lips, lost in her gaze and inhaling the scent of her, feeling her heartbeat against your chest and the warmth of her and the electricity of her touch as your whole body is transformed in arousal!

voohoooo! easy man....this guy hasn't had sex in years (or ever!).....and am sure even this post would have well...u know...done him in! wink

1. profile image0
        Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well it's good to have something to shoot for don't ya think?

I have to give u credit for that description though....nice....!

1. profile image0
            Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well thank you! I try. My hubs are erotic poetry but I have also published some short stories in erotica.

2. Paradise7 profile image70
      Paradise7posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're terrific, Poppa Blues...

Maybe if you're really woman-shy it might help to seek therapy.  There are many therapists who are women, and if you find you can talk with one about personal subjects in a professional setting, then you might be able to use those insights to improve your social life with women.  You'll find out--women are people, just like men, only a whole lot better looking.

13. Francis911 profile image61
    Francis911posted 14 years ago

approach them.
    just tell them the truth.
    For example, myownworld and wonder_ woman are pretty.

hey...now that's sweet....! thank you smile...but u have a point there...women love compliments! (with taste. i.e.)

(blues, will be checking that out soon!)

1. profile image0

The three things that women look for are:

Respect
        Humor
        compliments

Treat them right, make them laugh and let them know that they are the most important person in the room.  Do that, and you're off to a good start.

ah...blood...trust u to say the right thing....! (now charming as u are, please do something about that face..!) lol...doesn't help with fantasy u know...! wink

1. profile image0

I'll try to find another pic of myself!  That was from Halloween a few years back...

lol....no keep it....just...well..u know....if one closes one's eyes...one wants to imagine a slightly less bloody face...besides, I kinda got used to the skull! wink

1. profile image0

I'll do something for you.

lol...I was only joking. don't change anything about yourself. the face grows on me anyway! smile

1. profile image0

How about this one?

14. profile image0
    bloodnlatexposted 14 years ago

I'm not sure about wonder_woman, but myownworld is goregous

15. manlypoetryman profile image78
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

uuhh...I'm at loss for words hmm Got'ta respect your honesty though...

16. myownworld profile image73

ooh....that's um...charming...! (((shivers)))

17. shamelabboush profile image49
    shamelabboushposted 14 years ago

Hook them up man! man up!!! They don't bite!!!!!!

18. profile image0

That's whenI had my eye hanging out and had a blood pump in my  slit throat

ok...that should do perfectly when and if I need to close my eyes and imagine someone other than my husband... (poor him!)...would send at least one of us over the edge im sure...! wink

1. profile image0

I'm sure it would!

19. profile image0

go clean yerself up bldnlatex. you are a sight.

1. profile image0

I come by the name honestly

20. myownworld profile image73

lol...we do have a habit of hijacking a thread....! this guy wanted advice..not real life drama!

1. profile image0

I gave him some great advice....  While hijacking the thread

21. myownworld profile image73

certainly did...and hey stick with the pic....it looks as if u're serenading someone..... (c'mon ral, i do like it!)

1. profile image0

You got it!  It's a keeper...

22. profile image0

That picture was actually taken at about 5 in the morning at a Denny's resturant

it's nice actually...really....looks almost vulnerable... like that dear skull I loved! smile

23. profile image0

You got it...I have to go to the labs, I'll be back later...

k, see you soon...!

24. myownworld profile image73

and so akrami, there u are... a live demo...that's how u make friends!
    (best of luck with everything!)

My dear myownworld will you please explain it to me? I am not getting you properly what do you mean by “a live demo...that's how u make friends!”.  I will be grateful to you if you do so. Thanks

25. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 14 years ago

I don't blame you....

Thanks you very much for that favour.

26. creativeone59 profile image69
    creativeone59posted 14 years ago

Dear friend, first and foremost, you need to realize that God man first; and he knew man would be lonely all by himself so he went back; took a rib from man and made women. God made women for man. being with and getting to know a women or just females period, is the natural thing to do. If you believe in prayer, you should pray about it and if you don't get answers, you should seek counseling because you could have an underline problem that's causing you to have this unfounded fear of females. You should relax take a few deep breaths and start a conversation going, with females. It doesn't have to nothing big, just start off with the little things; like speaking, talk about the weather or compliment her on something she's wearing to break the ice. There's nothing to fear but fear it self. Godspeed.     creativeone59

27. fred hensel profile image58
    fred henselposted 14 years ago

I suspect the problem stems from theway you have attached meaning in your mind to reaqltionship.The key is to change the meaning and the images in your neurology and you will then have a different result.I do this all the time with my clients and in one or two sessions they are free of their phobia.

THank you sir,
      I will try to follow your advice.

28. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Are there any sock puppets on call out? smile

29. profile image0
    Mewzikluvrposted 14 years ago

Don't even begin to get rid of your fear by losing your virginity. That didn't work for my friend. She lost it three years ago and still cant look men in the eye. you should work on socializing with women and treating them as friends not sex objects. Try to become more comfortable around them and learn to accept them as your equal. Then you can move on to a more sexual relationshp. And a healthy one at that.

Thanks for the your good advice.  I have kept it in the list of the advices which i have received here, to consider on it.  LOL!

30. Jesaira profile image59
    Jesairaposted 14 years ago

hi shyboy! watch out for tips in my new hub soon wink

Thanks You dear jasaira,

31. Lee Boolean profile image61
    Lee Booleanposted 14 years ago

In many ways, women are people too.
    For some reason, when you are single and desperate, they smell it on you like a dog smells fear. The key is to relax and get comfortable with yourself first. Few things are as unattractive as insecurity in a man. The next is not to jump the gun, if you put too much pressure on a girl or yourself that it must lead to marriage it may very well scare them off.
    Another point is don't expect miss perfect to come knocking at your door, if you don't go places to meet people, you can't meet people. If you are uncomfortable going out, try some internet chatting or date sites, wherever you go, remember not to lay it on too thick and if you fail learn from it and try again. There are very many lonely people out there, eventually you will find the right one.

32. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

This thread shows the kind heartedness of lots of hubbers.  Is this guy genuine

1. video lost profile image60

It's seems to be fake

Why do you doubts it I think, probably you have not heard about the term love-shy.  If you haven't, then i will suggest you to just goole it and you will get a lot of information on this topic.

1. profile image0
          Maximus591posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It sounds as if you have self esteem issues that are affecting how you view relationships.

Love-shy, female-phobia... these terms you want to associate with are really quite meaningless. If it makes you feel better to think you have a 'condition' such as female-phobia, then it's easy to use your 'condition' as a way of not doing anything about it.

Just work on your self esteem, then your condition - female phobia / love shy or whatever - will just melt away.

33. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

when you have found love maybe you will smile, and let us see you looking happier o.k.

Thanks for your complements dearfriend,

34. profile image0

Start by getting a whore.  You can work through your shyness with her.  Afterall, she doesn't care about having a relationship with you.  She might even feel sorry for you and give you a lot of tips and help you overcome your hangups.  Most of all, get a little stink on your hang low so you get that out of the picture.

35. profile image0

Akrami, in retro spec to the spider comment, bring handcuffs with you to the whore!

1. Mrvoodoo profile image56

And lube, nipple clamps and a ball-gag.

Gotta get your moneys worth. big_smile

1. profile image0

Nothing cures shyness like nipple clamps and a ball gag.  I like the car battery and jumper cables on the clamps.

36. lindagoffigan profile image57
    lindagoffiganposted 14 years ago

You need to find activities that interest you especially something that you are good at.  It seems as though you have not truly found out what your own likes and dislikes are.  You need to be aware of what is important to you before you can even think of  becoming friends with anyone. 

If you are have guy friends, hook up with them and have a face to face honest conversation about what they think of you as a person.  Think seriously about what your present friends say and start from there if you have no clue about your personality. 

Girls are not comfortable if you are a loner.  You need to open up and get out more as one of the commenters said.  However, you need to build your self esteem before you add a girlfriend.

Thanks for your serious nd usefull advice.

37. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

this sounds crass i know .but go for the ugly girl . you'll feel more at ease and less self conscious. and probably meet a really sweet girl .

38. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

I am suffering from female-phobia!... Don't worry, I'll tell God.  She'll make it better! hehehe

39. beefsteakcharlies profile image60
    beefsteakcharliesposted 14 years ago

to quote 40 year old virgin "youre putting the pussy on a pedestal" i.e. overthinking it and making it more than it needs to be. you need to be yourself, and i dont mean that in the cheesy film way used as bland advice, i mean you need to be with them the way you are with your friends, or the people you are comfortable around then if they like you they like you and theres no pressure to impress because youre just acting normally. nothing scary about that

40. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

this poor man, can anyone help him

41. mdlawyer profile image43
    mdlawyerposted 12 years ago

You may be uncomfortable with the modern ways.  There are many men who are uncomfortable with the "liberated" womanhood which in many cases run against a traditional family norm.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)