Love and a new life

Jump to Last Post 1-43 of 43 discussions (55 posts)
  1. k@ri profile image84
    k@riposted 14 years ago

I'm very happy to say that I found the love of my life here on HubPages.  I came to HubPages wanting to find a way to make some extra cash on the internet.  While the cash part has not worked so well, I have found a wonderful community of caring individuals, some great friends and the man of my dreams.  (Much better than cash in my opinion!)  What started as an email, has blossomed over the months into love.  Many of you know my soul mate here as  GeneriqueMedia/lxxy/oscillationatend. 

I've been busy the last couple of weeks planning and moving to California.  lxxy came out east to help with the move, and I'm glad to say that we have arrived safely and I plan to be around a little more often. 

I've missed the community here at HubPages, and I am glad to be back.  I will be writing some hubs about my experiences soon.

1. profile image0
      Scott.Lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey thats great there's alot of good people on here.

2. dejajolie profile image60
      dejajolieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Aww I was just asking about finding love on Hub and someone forwarded me this story.... this is great, Best Wishes!

3. beautyrose profile image60
      beautyroseposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  2. love my yorkies profile image59
    love my yorkiesposted 14 years ago

Wish you both the best of luck.  I think it's great.

3. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Wow! I am happy for you guys! Love and light! smile

1. rmcrayne profile image90
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

First time I've seen your sentimental side smile

1. k@ri profile image84
        k@riposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Where have you been?!  If you haven't seen Misha's sentimental side...you must not get around much...roll smile

1. Misha profile image62
          Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL I might be not that sentimental lately, since you virtually left the site. Don't tell this to lxxy though wink

4. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout! In another thread. hey k@ri. Been waitin' on this one! So happy for you both. Hugs and kisses to one of my faves here!

5. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

k@ri - you know that I know and you know ... I can't say enough how happy I am to hear you guys are settled and starting a life together. Many many happy years to both of you.

Tell your man I said HEY! I haven't spoken to him in a few weeks. You keeping him busy huh wink

6. mayhmong profile image75
    mayhmongposted 14 years ago

That explains a lot! No wonder you haven't been here in a while?! I gotta hear the rest of it! Proud of you girl!

7. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

Ah, some wonderful news on a Monday. So, so happy for you both!
    Thanks for letting us know!

8. Herald Daily profile image59
    Herald Dailyposted 14 years ago

Congrats!!  You are both such nice people, couldn't be happier for you.

9. Wonder_Woman profile image57
    Wonder_Womanposted 14 years ago

How wonderful ^_^

1. k@ri profile image84

Thanks Wonder Woman!

10. k@ri profile image84
    k@riposted 14 years ago

Thanks everyone! 

@ Scott-Thanks...and I couldn't ask to be part of a better community!

@ love my yorkies-I think it's great too!  Thanks for the wishes.  smile

@ Misha-Love and light to you too!  I love the pic...is it from your vacation?

@ ralwus-Hugs and Kisses right back at ya!  You know you have a special place in my heart.  big_smile

@ frogdropping-Thanks and I know...  smile  I'll tell him...and yes, keeping him busy wink

@ May-Thanks and I'll be writing more...just wanted to explain my absence. smile

@ Daniel-Thanks!  Glad to be the bearer of good news

@ Herald Daily-We are very happy also!  Thanks

1. Misha profile image62
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Katrin, I wish I looked that good nowadays. No, it is not from this summer vacation, it is from the business trip to Baku Azerbaijan back in 2003 I believe...

11. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

I have to say, from the bottom of my heart, Congrats!! You are absolutely one of the sweetest, nicest people I have the luck to meet here on HP wink Ixxy is one of my dearest friends here and I love him to death, too. I am so so happy to hear that you two are happy!!!

A big hug to both of you!! Pass his along to him would ya?? big_smile

1. k@ri profile image84

Thanks Janetta!  I love him to death also...he is the best man I've ever met.  I told him about your comment...he should be on a little later to comment.  big_smile

12. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

better than match.com, yes??? that's fantastic. you know we want to hear more about this!! big_smile 

wish you much lots of love and happiness together. smile

13. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image59
    I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years ago

WOW, I am sooo happy for the both of you! What beautiful news!! big_smile

Many Blessings!

14. lxxy profile image61
    lxxyposted 14 years ago

Hello all--

Just wanted to drop in and say thanks to everyone (en mass) for all the well wishes. smile

More specifically:

@FD I'll be around ASAP, lots of stuff for us still to do. WHEW! But worth every minute. smile

@NinJanetta You make me smile so much, thanks..you're right about K@ri, dead on.

@Herald- Haven't seen you in awhile, I appreciate the sentiments. Hope all is well for you, too!

@Misha-Thanks, glad to see ya!

Sorry if I'm a bit brief..

And to re-re-reiterate..thanks again for the love all smile

It's been a long, interesting path of travel. *yawns* But I'm still seeing double. Just means more K@ri for me, I guess. wink

1. profile image0
      Janettaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ixxy!!! I can't begin to tell you how happy I am to see u!! big_smile
      I'm so glad to see your smiling face wink

15. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Truly lxxy, I'm hoppy for you big_smile

16. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Ohhh, this is so sweet!  I love happy beginnings.  Congrats to you both smile

17. profile image0
    Eva Hanssonposted 14 years ago

Wow, what a cool story K@ry and Ixxy.  I wish both of you all the best and that you get settled in quickly.  I can definitely see Ryan getting a hold of this one if there's a hubber wedding...

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image59
      Ryan Hupferposted 14 years agoin reply to this

haha, you knew me WAY too well. smile

18. profile image0
    PJ_Deneenposted 14 years ago

Congrats!  It's so good to hear a happy internet love story.smile

19. Uninvited Writer profile image78
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Congratulations to you both, that is great that you found each other.

20. manlypoetryman profile image82
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

http://www.greatgiftclubs.com/images/pages/champaign-flower-toast.jpg

A toast to your new life...Cheers!

21. Benjimester profile image87
    Benjimesterposted 14 years ago

Wow, that's awesome.  Welcome to California!!

22. k@ri profile image84
    k@riposted 14 years ago

Thanks everyone! 

Hugs to all!  big_smile

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m253/spiritfilledwoman/hug.gif

23. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Waat?! is this so long?

24. lxxy profile image61
    lxxyposted 14 years ago

Too..long?

25. lxxy profile image61
    lxxyposted 14 years ago

Thanks dejajolie, we appreciate it. smile

26. profile image48
    CabinGirl.posted 14 years ago

All the best Ixxy, shes a special lady !

27. Jordan1990 profile image59
    Jordan1990posted 14 years ago

Aw how lovely! Congratulations and good luck on your life together x

28. archdaw profile image59
    archdawposted 14 years ago

I'm glad that you found love.  Try out new receipe on the food forum "Need a new receipies  for Pork Chops."  We called it "Hub Nob Pork Chop", this will be one of your favorite receipies and you will be sure to keep your new love!!!

29. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

photos please..... wanna see you two together

30. lxxy profile image61
    lxxyposted 14 years ago

You may find a picture of us here. Third down, to the right.

wink

Oh, I'm sure I can drum up something more.

You'll have to prod k@ri.

31. profile image49
    badcompany77posted 14 years ago

I would love to see some recent pics of the two lovebirds !

1. beautyrose profile image60
      beautyroseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hey i have been away for so long i wonder what happened to your hubs? why is it zero? oh sorry i though you were badcompany99 hehe

32. lxxy profile image61
    lxxyposted 14 years ago

Again, not a problem for me. Although I rarely dislike taking stills (although I'm comfortable with vid for some reason) without a wardrobe and theme in mind (I blame that artist I've been trying to quash in my head for years..know a good exterminator?) I'll have no problem taking a picture or several of us. smile

Just need to help me talk k@ri into it!

Tell her how beautiful she is, 'cause we all know it.

33. profile image0
    Pacal Votanposted 14 years ago

k@ri + lxxy - It's so exciting! It's like a dream, isn't it? smile

I love you both.

34. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

Congrats and good luck to both of you...Can we now reply to only one of your forum posts and assume you will discuss it together smile

35. lxxy profile image61
    lxxyposted 14 years ago

Most likely, mtsit.

We are legion. ;D

36. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Our own pair of HP Lovebirds smile congrats you two!

37. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

How exciting!  I'm so happy for you both! Congrats and I wish you both eternal happiness!

38. Shalini Kagal profile image55
    Shalini Kagalposted 14 years ago

Congrats to both of you - love and happiness always! smile

39. TheLxxy profile image58
    TheLxxyposted 14 years ago

Mucho gracias Dame, KCC, and Shalini. smile

And..what's this? Yes..I talked her into it. Now don't stare directly at me, or motion sickness may occur. wink

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs277.snc1/10435_1065820624418_1793121104_141450_1683366_n.jpg

40. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Felicitations Lxxy and K@ri!  I've been away, and it's wonderful to come back to happy news!  Happiness, love and peace to you!

41. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

now that is sweet. smile

42. sannyasinman profile image61
    sannyasinmanposted 14 years ago

Congratulations to you both.  smile

43. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Awwwwwwwwwwwww......what a great pic of a couple of great people.  I wish you both all the best.  I couldn't be happier for you.  It makes me tear up.  smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)