60 Day Quality Challenge

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (21 posts)
  1. DennisBarker profile image61
    DennisBarkerposted 14 years ago

ust a suggestion, why not make the 30 day challenge into a 60 day challenge with the second 60 days devoted to improving quality, backlinks,spelling etc.?

That way people get to be in the moment creative and the quality gets to improve over time.

This is pretty close to how I write anyway. Reviewing, rewriting and adding sections over time.My hubs may start out as short but they develop over a couple of months.I find that a natural way to improve quality over time.It also means that anything useful I learn along the way gets applied to all of my previous hubs.

I wrote this to respond to a forum post elsewhere, but this is where it belongs so I'm reposting.
    Regards
    Dennis

1. viryabo profile image94
      viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great idea! This will help us produce more QUALITY hubs. And may be better for HP too. smile

2. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why does this have to be a formal challenge?  Can't people just do this themselves?  I mean, I do...

1. R.Edwards profile image63
        R.Edwardsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was thinking the same thing. Kind of why I didn't take the 30 day, I'm already doing that. Would this improve my payout or something?

2. profile image49
        HealthTipposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you on this, I now spend at least 2 hours on each hub doing all that. I am done with any challenges but I am not done with writing good hubs with quality, keywords, backlinks and all that but I am doing it when I feel like it not to some deadline.

Take your time, research your topic and trust me it will pay off, that I know !

3. Marisa Wright profile image85
        Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Some people need a bit of buddy support.

1. viryabo profile image94
          viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes. People like me. hmm

2. Jackson Riddle profile image48
    Jackson Riddleposted 14 years ago

Where can I sign up?

1. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just do it.

3. twalker74 profile image77
    twalker74posted 14 years ago

I like the idea. I try to make all of my hubs as perfect as possible, but could always use ideas for layout, links, or any improving comments.  I try to be meticulous in what I put out there, but the occasional typo, run-on-sentence, or small grammatical error can still slip through. Not only would this encourage better quality, but the interaction can help teach the technical aspects to newer hubbers (like myself), as well as provide a platform for constructive criticism.

4. DennisBarker profile image61

I tend to spew out ideas into hubs and periodically revisit and re write those that I find are producing traffic.when I work out why something is working I revisit and add that feature to my previous hubs.

It might be useful to set a template for the newcomers which encourages testing of tags,adding backlinks from other sites and all of the stuff that makes hubpages work which isn't obvious to newcomers.

5. DennisBarker profile image61

People have a tendency to do what is advised by an authority figure.When I joined here I started experimenting and found out a few things that work by trial and error.It could be that people don't have time available for trial and error if they are running a family and a full time job.The idea of an additional 30 days in the challange is to make it an assumption that backlinks and video modules plus rss and news feeds are added to hubs during the second phase.This will improve the organic search traffic that arrives here and keep a few more people happy.

1. profile image49

No it won't improve the organic search traffic, it will just add another 30 hubs to a collection of useless hubs that are dragging the site down. Ryankett made the argument earlier in another hub about this and in many ways I agree with him. I have been following the 30 day challenge closely and to be honest I disagree, it won't improve the organic search traffic because the crap way exceeds the quality !

6. Sufidreamer profile image78
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

Mind you, Art, a going back through your first 30 Hubs challenge might not be such a bad idea. My first twenty, at least, desperately need revamping, once I find a little time. I tweaked a couple, and it had an almost instant effect - simple things like changing titles, moving images around etc. smile

1. profile image49

That's my point Sufi my first hubs under my old name were really useless and looking back I would have hated to have sprung 30 of them in 30 days to the general public. I am still learning even now which is why I now disagree with the 30 day challenge.

It now takes me 2 days to do a Hub, it needs totally researched with everything, the keywords, tags, the competition, can I hit a google ranking. Our success in that is also Hubpages as well, we as a community determine Hubpages ranking on Google, that is a fact, they need quality hubs which makes me doubt the whole thing. No way can you produce 30 good hubs in 30 days, even now looking at my 7 I have changed a few titles, tweaked a few things and you can't do that in a challenge, well I can't and anyone that can I salute you !

7. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I think people also like the 30 day challenge because they can post their hub link into the forum for the 30 day challenge -ergo - maybe getting more inside traffic.

1. profile image49

Fair point Jane but one thing I have learnt in the last month, inside traffic is useless as it pays nothing. In my old alter-egos I was getting 10 times the traffic I am getting now but it was two things.

1. A total waste of time and pure amusement for the masses who move on to the next joker.

2. Concentrate on aiming for reads outside of hubpages because that is where the clicks come from. Unless you want to attract inside traffic, I no longer do !

1. Jane@CM profile image59
        Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Totally agree, my point was other people like the links.  I quit the challenge - I can't keep up smile

1. profile image49

Jane, nor could I smile

8. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

I encourage a 365 day quality challenge - but a 60 day is a great start

smile

Anytime I notice a hub starting to get dormant  < 100 views a week , I take the time, to double check for typos, add a few backlinks, play with the title and see what adsense ads are being triggered

Keep the whole portfolio in flux and you'll maximize your profit potential

9. DennisBarker profile image61

I've only got one that gets more than 100 views a week at the moment and that was an instant, good idea get it done type of hub so its rough around the edges but at least it hits the spot with google.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)