Lets debate ,Conservatives v Liberals .

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (22 posts)
  1. hinckles koma profile image61
    hinckles komaposted 14 years ago

Lets debate.  Choose your sword and explain why one is better for the world.

1. LEFT HAND OF GOD profile image58
      LEFT HAND OF GODposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Okay I have mine.

1. hinckles koma profile image61
        hinckles komaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you are ready so which side are you on and why?

Well as the user name states, that is the side I am on. big_smile

2. Len Cannon profile image87
    Len Cannonposted 14 years ago

Neither term means anything.  When you try to lump everyone into two sides and then send them off to battle like an army then you let people view each other as absurd caricatures. Does Barney Frank have the same set of views as blue dog Charlie Melancon even though they're both "liberal?"

Is Olympia Snowe the same type of conservative Tom Coburn?  Is Michael Moore as liberal as George Clooney?  Liberal and conservative are a sliding scale not a group of people who think the same.  Sitting there and think that it's anything else leads to the people giving that all encompassing"liberals think this way" opinoin and "conservatives do this" even though that's not the case.

1. profile image0
      Marc Salyerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How is Rush Limbaugh's world view different from Al Franken? Franken may differ in ways and agree in ways with other self described liberals but there are define distinctions between rock solid liberals and their conservative counterparts.

2. hinckles koma profile image61

iam a liberal. when i heard what was said about abortions by the conservatives, i didnt like it, and many other things that seperate both groups. Maybe if we both understand eachothers point of views better we can like eachother alittle more  than now. To me its like black and white, separate but equal.

1. profile image0
        Marc Salyerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

To you blacks and whites are separate but equal? Do you mean the races or the crayons because I can see where that latter would be universal but not everyone has the same sentiment about the first.

3. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yea!!! That's one point for you sweety!

3. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Why would you discuss conservatives v liberals...under a religion & belief category?

And, you don't have to answer. It just doesn't make any sense.

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

maybe it's a new religion. Has to do with people stating Obama was the Messiah somedays ago . lol

Well he seems to be some sort of messiah to some, no matter how naive they are.

2. hinckles koma profile image61

so who are the belivers libs or conservatives? Is there liberals you think in religion?

1. profile image0

Nah.

4. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

It's not the least bit black-and-white for me.  I'm generally Conservative, don't go to church, do think early abortion should remain legal, hate guns and hunting (but do think, in general, people should keep the right to have them) and think too many Conservatives have too little knowledge about what causes people's need for government assistance.  Still, I'm very much against "big government" and "The Nanny State".

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
      Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmm, I am almost completely on the same page, except except for being a little more gun friendly.cool

Interesting quiz here, anyone seen it? (go ahead, only takes 30 seconds) http://www.theadvocates.org/quizp/quiz.php

How'd everyone come out?
      I score Libertarian

1. profile image0
        comp3820posted 14 years agoin reply to this
    2. profile image0

Hey! You whining liberal what you got against hunting!

5. profile image0
    comp3820posted 14 years ago

I am a "conservative" and I generally stand for whatever that name entails. I believe that the population is split into several categories of people -> those who don't vote, those who vote for somebody because everyone else they know does, and those who actually know why they are voting.

When it comes down to this, you can see why Obama got elected, and now his poll numbers have dropped. It was simply because people voted without knowing really why. They couldn't have known why - Obama ran on hope and change, and nothing else.

I think there is a lot of mindless voting on all sides of the political spectrum, but when it comes down to the conservatives and liberals that run for office, the candidates are also split. There are those running for power/money/glory, and those sincerely wanting to make a change. Unfortunately, there is a good bit of the former in both parties.

Having said all that, a person can only vote in a politician according to what he says, and that is why politicians have gained a bad reputation - some will take sides without believing a word they say, and only end up ruining the reputation of the party they join.

6. LEFT HAND OF GOD profile image58
    LEFT HAND OF GODposted 14 years ago

I think whatever God thinks on a given subject.

1. profile image0

The odds aren't as good but it's safer!

Psalm 91 is where I stay.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)