I'm Delirious With Excitement!

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (22 posts)
  1. profile image0
    RFoxposted 15 years ago

I received unbelievably great news today in an unexpected way.

I won 3rd place in the Nature Pro Category for PX3! For anyone who is not a Photographer this is a huge competition out of Paris. I'm so happy I can hardly contain myself! big_smile

The funny thing though is that the official notification from PX3 I never received. My email must have rejected it or something. Lol.
    A photographer friend of mine was sent the official winners press release, saw my name and contacted me.
    Actually it was kinda more fun finding out that way. It was so unexpected!
    It is so amazing to go on their website and see my name and work under the winner categories! So I am celebrating.
    After years of hard, unpaid work in the arts to finally have a little recognition is mind blowing.

Apparently if you stick with something long enough good things finally start to happen. I also just finished teaching my first workshop on Adobe Lightroom for the company I work for. It was so much fun (definitely nerve wracking to begin with) and next I get teach my Fine Art Digital Printing Workshop.
    For the first time in my life I actually have a career! tongue

Hope you all don't mind me bragging, I've just had a lot of hard times in my life pursuing my artistic career (I use to live in a tent to save money), so to finally get to a point where I'm making money from my passion is wild.
    http://www.freewebby.com/action-smilies/woot.gif 

Hope you all are having as great a week as me! big_smile

2. Zsuzsy Bee profile image84
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 15 years ago

Congratulations. I'm not surprised that you won. I had a look at some of your work on your site and everything there was just fabulous. Keep up the great work. When you're all fancy and famous I will be able to say that I knew you when.....happy for you regards Zsuzsy

3. Princessa profile image81
    Princessaposted 15 years ago

Congratulations.  I just had a look at the Px3 Prix de la photographie paris and your photos are just amazing ...  Bravo!

4. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Rachelle! You have my happy thoughts! smile

5. profile image0
    RFoxposted 15 years ago

Thanks Zsuzsy!
    I've had so many hard times in the last ten years and been so poor because I chose to follow my artistic pursuits and now suddenly in 2008 everything has shifted and I'm overjoyed. I almost can't believe how quickly my life has changed in the last 4 months.

big_smile

1. Misha profile image62
      Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

This is because you joined Hugpages tongue big_smile

1. profile image0
        RFoxposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it's true! HubPages turned my life around. Lol wink

By the way did you notice you spelled it Hugpages. I think I like that more. "Come on over and join us at Hugpages...where the friendly people are." Lol. tongue

6. profile image0
    RFoxposted 15 years ago

Thanks Princessa and Misha! Nothing could bring me down today!

And if anyone else is a struggling artist out there. Stick with it, eventually things do happen. wink

7. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

I'm doing this intentionally for some time already, after receiving quite a few hugs here big_smile

1. profile image0

Yes, I love hugs! They're the best. Even virtual ones. Lol.
      I'm happy my boyfriend is a hugger too! Lol wink

(Oh by the way I just wailed on your zombie. Heehee.)

8. ngureco profile image81
    ngurecoposted 15 years ago

Congratulations RFox. How do I get to Nature Pro Category for PX3 site? I will head there and have a look.

1. profile image0

Here's the link to their site. You just have to scroll down to the Nature Pro section. As I said it's a big competition that covers every category of Photography. They also have Pro and Amateur categories. If there are any other Photographers out there I would highly recommend entering the  2009 competition. smile

http://px3.fr/winner/?compName=PX3+2008

9. Angela Harris profile image66
    Angela Harrisposted 15 years ago

Wow, that's great. Congratulations! You worked hard, paid your dues, and really deserve it!

10. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

That is awesome ! Congratulations. big_smile

11. rmr profile image68
    rmrposted 15 years ago

Those are some beautiful photos! Congratulations!

12. Peter M. Lopez profile image71
    Peter M. Lopezposted 15 years ago

Congrats!!!

13. compu-smart profile image90
    compu-smartposted 15 years ago

Big congratulaions 2u RFox smile

It sounds exciting and im very happy 4u!!

14. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 15 years ago

Congratulations - that's a big accomplishment!

15. funride profile image69
    funrideposted 15 years ago

Congratulations!!! You and your work already deserved recognition a long time ago, from now one you´ll win lot more contests wink.

Big hug!!! big_smile

16. profile image0
    RFoxposted 15 years ago

Wow, thanks everyone! I'm overwhelmed. big_smile

I'm still waiting for their official package to reach me. The cool thing is I get to use the PX3 logo in my marketing material now, which is huge. I can't wait to put it on my website.
    I'm heading to PhotoLucida in Portland in the summer to try and get some major gallery representation so this will help a lot.

All I've ever wanted was to make a simple living off my art. This year it's starting to become a reality. It's so surreal. tongue

Big Hugs back to all of you. big_smile

17. Bonnie Ramsey profile image67
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 15 years ago

This is awsome! Congrats to you! I just checked the photos out and they are all excellent. I know you are very excited and proud, as you should be. It is a great feeling to be recognized for your work, whether it is photography, writing or any other work of passion. When I won my first poetry contest, I floated for days LOL. It never loses its excitement, either. After dozens of them, I still get just as excited as with the first. You so deserve this and I am very excited for you!

Bonnie

18. Veronica profile image68
    Veronicaposted 15 years ago

Congratulations! It's truly a great thing when your passion and work are recognized in a way that pleases you so much.
    Continued success to you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)