Fetch as Google Bot Webmaster Tool Capability..

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)
  1. thranax profile image73
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Hey Hub Team, any way you can make it so we can get GoogleBot to rank our Hubs manually?

http://www.googlelabs.com/

Check it out, its called "Fetch as GoogleBot"

"Fetch as Googlebot lets you send Googlebot to retrieve a page from your website."

"You can add up to 1,000 sites, including news and mobile sites, to your account. In addition, we'll ask you to verify your site. This is because we need to know you own a site before we'll show you certain information about it or enable you to use our tools. Verification doesn't affect PageRank or affect your site's performance in Google's search results."

What Hubpages needs to do is allow a file to be made under our account servers OR let us edit the Meta Tag:

"To add and verify a site:

1. Sign into Google Webmaster Tools with your Google Account.
       2. Click Add a site, and type the URL of the site you want to add. Make sure you type the entire URL, such as http://www.example.com/
       3. Click Continue. The Site verification page opens.
       4. (Optional) In the Name box, type a name for your site (for example, My Blog).
       5. Select the verification method you want.
              * Meta tag: We will ask you to add a meta tag with a unique value to your site's home page. This is the easiest solution if editing your home page's HTML is easier than uploading new files. In addition, this solution lets you easily verify sites you've created using Google Sites.
              * HTML file: We will ask you to create a file with a specific name and upload it to a specific directory on your webserver. The file can be empty—Google cares only about the file's location, not about its content.

"

Apparently, it  will trigger the GoogleBot script to instantly go to verified URL's, Crawl them and Index them. Or that is my understanding.

~thranax~

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
      pauldeedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Webmaster tools work at the domain level, so the only way we could do this is to give access to anyone for the whole hubpages.com domain, which would include the ability to change things like the site links, crawl rate setting, etc, that we simply can't allow.

Also, that tool just lets you see what google bot sees for a URL (the HTML and headers, etc.).  I'm not sure that the data google retrieves there will feed into the search index process or not.

Anyway, when a hub isn't indexed it's rarely because Google hasn't crawled it, but rather they've just decided for whatever reason not to include it in the index.  They don't disclose too much about how they make those determinations, but we do know that they use both automated methods and human feedback.  Here's an interesting article from the Google Blog.

2. FreeGamesAddict profile image56
    FreeGamesAddictposted 14 years ago

Surely a site like this gets crawled every day anyway doesn't it?

thranaxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lately it takes about a week for my Hubs to even be indexed. One was cached already, got 1 visit from google.com, then google took it out of rankings..It will come back in about 7 days from publish date. This way I think you don't need to wait the 7 days, because you manually do the work for the bot.

~thranax~

3. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Nice!

4. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 14 years ago

I published a Hub around midnight Pacific time last night, and it's already been indexed by Google. 

What you are asking for, especially since it would entail a lot of complexity in verification (since we are all NOT site owners), seems superfluous.

5. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I agree with relache. My new hubs are getting indexed within 12 hours now. And they aren't falling out of the index either. So whatever was plaguing me the past few weeks seems to have blown over. Google and Yahoo traffic is consistent. Even a little bing is showing up.

Well, its nice it blown over for you, but it hasn't for me. This way it will be more equal. I had one index and drop out, now I need to wait 7 days to see it in results again...

Relache, site ownership can be account ownership. All that it takes to put that meta tag in is a field we can just paste in, its the internet, think outside of server ownership..thats why the meta tag is an option for sites like this.

~thranax~

6. profile image0

Sorry I didn't mean to sound insensitive.

In another thread you explained how you're rethinking your optimization. Maybe that will help too.

I just can't believe that google isn't here everyday already. Maybe it'll be your turn next week and I'll be out in the cold. Or maybe google is just messing with us as they are prone to do this time of year.

Lol, I know you didn't mean anything by it. And the reason why I had to change my optimization is because of the CSS setup in Hubpages for Thumbnails..Its fixed now (I think).

~thranax~

2. Whitney05 profile image84
      Whitney05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think they're slow or behind or something. I have several hubs that they haven't indexed yet. I think, as of yesterday they'd indexed up through the 8th or something. Today I see one from the 12th that was finally indexed, which was published after the last one from the 8th.

I don't think there's a need for manual submission. Just wait it out. Try other forms of bookmarking till then.

1. relache profile image73
        relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I published a new Hub again last night, and it's already been indexed by Google.  That's less than 12 hours, probably closer to eight.

7. profile image0

Thranax are you a believer in external backlinks? I am big time. I only ask because some hubbers don't use them at all.

Yes. I have some. wink
      I know enough to promote my pages, twitter, delious etc..

~thranax~

8. profile image0

Just trying to figure out the difference between our hubs. It could just be that I've thrown more into the fire for google to catch. And I don't notice if he misses one or two.

9. Whitney05 profile image84
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

Couldn't tell ya. All I know is that for the entire month of October and last few days in September, it's taken days even weeks to be indexed.  Not just mine. There was a thread about it a few weeks ago or so.

It's usually pretty quick. Most of mine are usually indexed within 2 days. I've seen some indexed within the first few hours after publishing. Lately, not so much.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)