How do you know which Hubs are making money for you?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Sonya Kanti profile image59
    Sonya Kantiposted 14 years ago

I'm about a month old when it come to Hubpages - and I have written about 6 hubs and generated a few bucks in one month - which is little but I wanted to know if anyone can tell me how do I know which hubs are working for me? Is there any way to tell? How do I know which hubs are getting clicks & which ones are not?

2. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Get yourself signed up to google analytics smile then make channels which will show the ones earning and most popular big_smile hope this helps.

3. DennisBarker profile image60
    DennisBarkerposted 14 years ago

There is an option in Adsense to set up a URL Channel.

Set up each of your hubs as a URL Channel and the stats will show for individual hubs.

4. earner profile image82
    earnerposted 14 years ago

I use adsense url channels, one per url, but I'll run out of those soon as there's a limit of 200.

I also use Google Analytics.

I can see which are paying me from the url channels, I can see other stats from Analytics and with low volumes can try to work out how they got there, but they seem to take peculiar routes.

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No you won't.  When you get close to the 200 limit, they increase it.  I'm in the mid 100s and mine's already been upped.

But note that those channels will only track from when you start them, they don't work retroactively.  So you have to remember to get them set right when you are ready to publish (or earlier) so that you have complete data.

1. KCC Big Country profile image85
        KCC Big Countryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mind didn't increase when I hit 200, but maybe it eventually would have.  I opted to delete some old channels on hubs that aren't getting much traffic.

5. Sonya Kanti profile image59
    Sonya Kantiposted 14 years ago

Thanks guys for the help! I set up google analytics today - so that is done but what do you guys mean about adsense url channels? - Is that different from Google Analytics? If so, How do I set that up?

1. Jimmy Boyd profile image67
      Jimmy Boydposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Sonya,

When you log in at AdSense, click on Advanced Reports near the top. Then look near the top for Manage Channels.

Click on that, and then near the middle of the page click on URL Channels.

Finally, you click on Add New URL Channels near the middle of the page.

You can then add a URL channel.

It is not really necessary to do this, though. As long as you have Analytics set up, it will give more detailed information, such as keywords used to find each page as well as AdSense tracking. Just make sure you link AdSense with your Google Analytics account if you haven't done so already.

2. livingsta profile image92
      livingstaposted 14 years ago

I gained some new information reading this forum..thanks to everyone who has posted

1. sandwichmom profile image61
        sandwichmomposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I learned soemthing too- this will help me- I could not figure out the urls set up for analytics- thanks!

3. hudsonj1994 profile image61
      hudsonj1994posted 14 years ago

Yeah use the URL Channels, you can find them in adsense.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)