Notice KCC Big Country and Anath --- Copied Content off Hubpages!

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (28 posts)
  1. seamist profile image61
    seamistposted 14 years ago

Today as I was researching one of my articles, I found a site with my one of my hubs and others copied. The site is called mytripledub.com. Hubs that I recognized from here are: Halloween Costume Ideas to Wear to Work by KCC Big Country; and The Twitter Phenomenon by Anath.

The articles do not have a backlink to Hubpages. On this site under "Home," it says "MyTripleDub is all about sharing. You post, we share. For every post you create, you get the benefit of 70% of the ads displaying using your AdSense account. If you send people here using your referral link, and they sign up, you get an additional 10% on any of the posts they make, and they still get 70%!"

I don't know about the two of you, but he did not ask me if he could post nor did I submit it. Furthermore, when he doesn't have my adsense accout #, how can my account be credited. It sounds like a theivery to me.

Jen

1. Anath profile image62
      Anathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the heads up Jen -no one asked me to publish any of my content there or indeed anywhere else.

Thank you Maddie for solving the issue so fast!

2. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Here we go again! ::::::sad Now I have to check too!

3. Lady_E profile image63
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Hope you are able to sort it out Seamist. Good Luck. sad

This is why I dropped out of KCC's challenge. Why go through the trouble of producing a Hub everyday, if people are going to nick it.

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I still think that we should have a tackle plagiarism weekend or something, where everybody checks there hubs and files DMCAs.... think it would be good to spur people into action.

1. Lady_E profile image63
        Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, that's a good idea. I'm up for it.

I read somewhere that when this stealing happens, we lose a lot of Adsense Revenue. It would be nice to nip it in the bud.

4. Maddie Ruud profile image72
    Maddie Ruudposted 14 years ago

Masses of copied hubs.  I'm contacting the site, but I recommend every author who finds their content copied there to email a copyright complaint to them.

1. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you and I will take the time to go through all of them grrrr I hate doing that. sad

5. seamist profile image61

Thank you Maddie. I appreciate it!

Jen

6. Maddie Ruud profile image72
    Maddie Ruudposted 14 years ago

All the ones I saw were by user "lee123" if that helps.

Thanks smile

7. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 14 years ago

Same thing happen with in a weak time. We all have launched a complaint against another site few days back.

Mail to site managers to stop theft of articles. I urge all hubbers to file a complaint against the site in adsense if they do not remove articles from their site.

Thanks,
    Jyoti Kothari

1. yoshi97 profile image57
      yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

... or you could let me have a nab at these peeps with my scythe. smile

8. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

Is this ever going to stop? I mean having to deal with this every couple of weeks will be nerve racking.

9. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Again? This is crazy.

10. seamist profile image61

That was quick; the artilces seem to be taken off the site now.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72
      Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, just got a return email from the site saying the user's been banned.

11. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

That was quick thanks seamist and maddie.

12. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

PHEW!!
    Thanks Seamist for spotting this, and thanks Maddie for taking action.
    Now my question:
    Do we expect this sort of nonsense every couple of weeks now?
    How do we keep our interest in writing hubs while this issue lurks in the background?

I'm getting kind of worried. I hate having an uneasy feeling as if we are being stalked by thieves.
    So unsettling. sad

1. seamist profile image61
      seamistposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome, Viryabo

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You will always have a thief stealing something, if there is possibility of gain. It can't be stopped because most people are too greedy and looking out for only themselves.

That's just my two cents about it.

13. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Well, Im happy that was resolved before I got involved.

~thranax~

14. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

OHMIGOD! IT'S THE DOCSTOC GUY DOING THIS!

I just went into the food category looking for my hubs. I saw one that wasn't mine, but looked familiar. I grabbed the first two sentences, plunked them into Google and the three results returned?

(drumroll please...)

mytripbledub.com
    hubpages.com
    and
    docstoc.com

Of course the docstoc page is gone, but's still in Google's index. I'll bet it's the same guy from docstoc.

I am so tired , so tired it seems lately I have spent more time filing DMCA reports then I have writing no wonder my score dips way down and then comes back up. Maybe I should just pull all of them and only keep one up at a time. smile

15. seamist profile image61

You're welcome, Anath. I am just glad I spotted it again before I got a copyright notification from Hubpages. I'm glad the submitter there got banned from the site. It serves him right.

16. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

I just got here, guys and gals....Thanks Seamist!  Way to look out for us!  I do very much appreciate it and you're right, no one asked my permission to copy anything.  I've filed a number of complaints lately and still trying to get stuff resolved. 

Thanks Maddie for all your help as well!  Now, my question is...do I still need to file a complaint on this one? If so, am I still going to be able to find where my stuff was to give them the URL of the offending article?  I guess I'm thinking more on the Adsense side of things since evidently the person has already been banned by the site they were on.

17. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

You're absolutely right Cagsil.  For now, I've still got the fire in me to file the complaints.  It does get old though...LOL   Dang thieves!

18. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I have pulled some of my hubs and will probably pull quite a few more I believe then I will have more control of what is going on, so if you see the numbers drop I am not leaving I am just unpublishing. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)