Picture capsule having issues

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

Yesterday and today I've been having issues with both pictures links and uploading from my computer.

It will in the edit screen, but when saved unpublished or even published, the picture disappears. If you have a caption, the caption shows in the regular field and in regular sized text where the top of the picture should be, but no picture.

I added three pictures to one capsule today, and 2 showed in the edit screen, and three showed in saved, unpublished screen.

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've run into the same problem. I've been deleting pictures and reloading, until all the pictures were loaded.

I'm not sure what do about it otherwise.

I'm still getting the hang of things.

2. profile image0
    shinujohn2008posted 14 years ago

It happened to me also.  The solution at present is , by adding few pics at a time and saving the hub and again edit and add pics. When i save and upload the pic again it seems to be ok.

Hubpages maybe working on this problem.

1. Lady Guinevere profile image67
      Lady Guinevereposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I did that several times and I get the red x's.  I am going to wait a few hours and then go back.

2. Whitney05 profile image82
      Whitney05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's not much of a solution. I did that like three times and it still had issues. It took several tries before it would work. Not much of a solution... :-/ I add one at a time. One of the capsules I worked on today, only had one picture in it. It most definitely disappeared after saving  the hub.

3. Lady Guinevere profile image67
    Lady Guinevereposted 14 years ago

Me too!

4. sabrebIade profile image81
    sabrebIadeposted 14 years ago

I had the same problem last night and again today.
    Glad to know I'm not alone!

5. Health Tips Woman profile image60
    Health Tips Womanposted 14 years ago

Mine is doing this to. Maybe it will be fixed soon.

6. Lady Guinevere profile image67

I finally got my pictures to show up and then finished the hub and published it.  .....but HP ate 1/2 of my hub and had to unplublish it.  Someone posted a comment telling me this.  I would have never knwn if they hadn't said something.  It was all there when I published it.

7. Lady Guinevere profile image67

I just tried it again and my hub still won't save pictures and half of my hub is still missing.  It's been 5 hours.  I am not writing anymore hubs today or until they get this fixed.

1. larryfreeman profile image78
      larryfreemanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Lady Guinevere,

I am trying to reproduce the issue but am not yet able.

Which browser/os are you using?  I tested it on Firefox/Mac.

Does the problem occur on other browsers too?

If it happens everytime, could you list the steps that you follow.

Thanks very much,

-Larry

1. Lady Guinevere profile image67
        Lady Guinevereposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is the first time that the hub ate my recipe so I can't tell yout hat I did anything different then I have all other 170+ times.
        Nothing has changed,  I use the same operating system tht I have always used.  IE and MSWindows.  I did the same as Witney did and I don't know if hers was solved or not.

8. Lady Guinevere profile image67

Here is the Hub in question:  http://hubpages.com/hub/A-Deliciously-S … -Side-Dish

I had to unpublish it because--well --the recipe part is missing.

9. profile image0

Larry i have marked the Problem at present in RED  in below Two snaps. I use Firefox Browser.

This is what i see in Edit Photo Capsule. The image which is uploaded is not seen. It shows the words Delete and the caption.

http://z.hubpages.com/u/1969600_f520.jpg

After publishing i cannot see the uploaded picture and only the caption is seen instead of the photo.

http://hubpages.com/u/1969599_f520.jpg

Hi Shinujohn,

Thanks for marking that up.  I am still unable to reproduce the issue.

I wanted to verify that you are still having the problem and I'm assuming that you did a shift+refresh right after you hit the problem.

I checked out your hub and I see that all the images are now loaded correctly.  Does this mean that the problem is only happening once in a while?

Thanks,

-Larry

10. Lady Guinevere profile image67

Everything seems to be OK now.

Hi Lady Guinevere,

I am glad.  Thanks for letting me know.

-Larry

11. sabrebIade profile image81

Mines still glitching so it's not totally fixed yet.

12. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

It's probably not necessary for me to add my "me too" (yesterday) - but me too.  (Using Firefox).  I haven't tried it today.

13. sabrebIade profile image81

BTW...forgot to add that I'm using Firefox 3.5.3 and Windows XP.
    Sorry I forgot that in the last post.

14. profile image0
    Aquaposted 14 years ago

Yes, I had this problem last night as well. I've actually had the picture capsule issue on and off for a few weeks now but I just thought it was my computer. I'm using Firefox. It does seem sporadic which will probably make it challenging to locate and fix. Thanks!

15. sabrebIade profile image81

I haven't heard anything official, but my picture capsules are still messing up when I'm making the Hubs.
    Any ideas?
    It's been four days now.

Hi SabrabIade,

Thanks for letting me know your details (Firefox/XP).

I wanted to see if this problem is occurring every time or only once in a while.  Also, have you tried doing a Shift+Refresh (holding the shift key down when you click the browser refresh button) when you have this problem.

If the problem occurs every time, could you link to the hub that's have the problem (it's ok if it's not yet published, I can still check it out)

Thanks,

-Larry

1. sabrebIade profile image81
        sabrebIadeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Okay, when I do a Hub tomorrow if I have the same problem I'll send you a link.
        If I keep loading and reloading the picture it usually works.
        But its happened with every Hub I have done in the past four days.

16. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

I noticed three or four hubs this morning I was reading just had a small red "x" instead of the posted picture

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87
      mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes I was having the same problem with my last few hubs, and in some cases solved it by re-uploading the pictures, but in other cases this still didn't solve the problem, so in frustration I simply deleted the pictures that wouldn't show up.

17. profile image0

Larry , at present the problem is not happening.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)