Animals and A Soul

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (28 posts)
  1. Shealy Healy profile image62
    Shealy Healyposted 14 years ago

Do animales have a soul? Do they go to heaven?

1. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes .An interesting story in the Mahabharata is how Yudhisshthira the eldest son of the Pandavas refuses to go to heaven without his dog who is a faithful follower.
      Absolutely everything comes from the source or god or heaven and goes back to it.smile

1. profile image0
        Torg White Beardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am pleased to read that there are those who have investigated the true nature of Divine Consciousness/Energy as expressed by the term "soul". Whether individuated in a physical body/manifestation in our common, four dimensional "reality", or perceived as Non-localized (Universal) Consciousness, we may rest assured that mortality is a Gift, not a dead-end as the materialist/atheist maintains. For those who wish to understand the true nature of the Metaverse, you may email me for a book recommendation which explains it completely.

2. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this
    3. aware profile image67
      awareposted 14 years agoin reply to this

those two words are unproven but possible ideas. animals do feel,they have hearts. their blood runs red. they care for their young. ponder this ? why are there no one eyed mammals . i think its because they see very much like we do, maby even better. maby they dont see the need for a heaven or a soul. maby their smarter than we are.  just a thought

4. double_frick profile image62
      double_frickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

oh, i was reading the law of one material. great stuff.

Ra says that animals are 2nd density beings. they are just not as self-aware as human beings. but they will graduate to 3rd density and as i understand keeping pets and treating them as human beings can catalyze this. 

i actually have a very vivid past life memory of being a cat, if you can believe it. around the time of the pharaohs. so, the idea that animals are just less aware souls really resonates with me.

5. Judith Gill profile image60
      Judith Gillposted 14 years agoin reply to this

An interesting concept and one I have pondered myself on occasions. I have 3 Cavalier King Charles dogs and I frequently ask God to put them under His protection. I believe He listens and that one day I will once again get together with my dogs.

Some people will say this is absolute rubbish, but I think that all this is possible.

2. zadrobi profile image59
    zadrobiposted 14 years ago

Well, I know all Dogs Go To Heaven because Disney says so

1. mistywild profile image60
      mistywildposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LMAO

2. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lolololo big_smile Yes they do. smile

3. TimTurner profile image70
    TimTurnerposted 14 years ago

Well, it depends on what you are referring to as "heaven."

If it's a Christian version, then I guess not.

If it's a "nirvana," then yes.

1. mandybeau1 profile image60
      mandybeau1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Couldn't have put it better. Christians THINK< that only they deserve to go there. Which in itself is quite unchristian, but then Christians usually are unchristian.

1. Valerie F profile image61
        Valerie Fposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's not true. Christians do not think they deserve Heaven, but are offered it.

Also, it's not true that Christians categorically do not believe animals have souls. Some do. It's just a different kind of spirit. And some of us believe that all that is good and all that is necessary for perfect happiness will be in Heaven, so if that means animals too, so be it.

4. profile image61
    logic,commonsenseposted 14 years ago

We are in heaven right now, most just can't see it.

5. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

What has animal souls to do with heaven?

6. Mike Lickteig profile image76
    Mike Lickteigposted 14 years ago

I think animals are ensouled, but it's hard to say if they have an "afterlife", be it heaven or something else.  Since all we can do is guess anyway, I'll say sure.

7. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 14 years ago

Interesting, I just wrote an article on this subject...I suppose I should get around to posting it as a hub. My short answer is yes, I do believe animals have souls...but I've just gone through the whole justification using quite a few different belief systems for the article, so I'll not go into it here smile.

8. Larry Gee profile image58
    Larry Geeposted 14 years ago

why should we humans think that we have a monopoly on Heaven? I say, if we're going, our pets are going with us!!

9. shanekruger profile image59
    shanekrugerposted 14 years ago

yes all animals have soul.

10. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago
  11. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

why would they need to go to heaven? they can lick themselves

12. profile image49
    Mikedeltaposted 14 years ago

I hope so, I love my cat and would love to meet him up there if ever!

13. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 14 years ago

Without a soul no flesh could live. When Adam(Mankind) became a living soul he actually became a conscious being. A soul in the flesh. Animals have minds. They remember, are loyal and so on.
    The souls of animals live on just like ours. To whom much is given much is required. We have higher reasoning abilities so it will be easier for animals then us to be part of the new world.

14. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

All animals have a souls! And yes they all go to Heaven too!

15. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

Crazd knows my beliefs on animals and souls, and yes..every animal does have a soul..that is all I will comment on in the forums right now

16. cheaptrick profile image73
    cheaptrickposted 14 years ago

Can anyone give me directions,cause my girl friend keeps telling me I act like an animal(which I consider a compliment)and I'd like to go if gas doesn't get to expensive.I might only be able to afford to go to Purgatory if its to far.

17. gokulg4 profile image58
    gokulg4posted 14 years ago

According to Hinduism and Buddhism, It all depends on our own Karma(Actions). We are born as a Humans based on our Previous life's Karma. The same way they are born as animals based on their previous life's Karma. When we die, according to our Karma we are Reborn in one of the six life's that exists in this universe. Thus according to our actions we are subject to the Cycle of Rebirth. The Six possible life's we could be Reborn are,

1. Deva/Angels (Heavenly Beings)-Immaterial World.
    2. Human       -Fine Material and Sensuous World.
    3. Asura/Demon -Fine Material and Sensuous World.
    4. Animal      -Fine Material and Sensuous World.
    5. Preta/Ghost -Fine Material and Sensuous World.
    6. Naraka/Hell -Fine Material and Sensuous World.

These worlds are listed in hierarchy, Hell is the lowest and painful world and Heaven is the top and peaceful world.
    So according to Hinduism and Buddhism none of these worlds are 100 Percent permanent. Which means to be reborn in the top worlds (heaven world and Human world) our actions should be of "top quality", and to stay there permanent(to ensure to be reborn there)  our actions should be "top quality" Period. "Top Quality" actions = Love and Compassion, Truth full  to all beings of all the worlds. Now we understand what low quality actions are. I am not a believer of one religion, i accept the good stuff from all the religions. According to me this concept can be applied in Christianity. Let me explain, we all know that according to Christianity God created the world. He also created Eden or the Garden of Eden for Adam and Eve. Now Eden = Heaven but life there is not permanent Why, Read the story of Adam and Eve and you'll come to know that why they were banished from Eden because of their action. God told Adam and Eve you can enjoy everything in Eden. Everything except the Tree of Knowledge. Adam and Eve disobeyed the advise of god and thus they are born in human world. So according to my view Eden is the heaven, but god is not there so it is not the permanent heaven. When you are in Eden you are close to god but not Close enough. God lives in this Permanent heaven which has no name, but you can call it the permanent heaven. So to get closer to god you should escape from the cycle of rebirth and attain  Enlightenment/Nirvana. How to attain Enlightenment is what all religions are preaching. It is the ultimate goal of every Soul. To find more about Buddhist Views to attain Enlightenment check out in Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism

To answer the question - Yes- Animals can go to Heaven But the same Karma applies to them to. According to their present karma they may be reborn as humans and then according to their human life karma they can graduate to heaven.

18. Arthur Fontes profile image75
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

Wait a second if animals have souls then uhm then why are we slaughtering them by the millions to appease our appetites?

I know my dogs show more love and compassion then most people I meet.  They have as much of a soul as I have.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)