dating, , do you need good interviewin techniques for that first date?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (24 posts)
  1. wavegirl22 profile image47
    wavegirl22posted 14 years ago

ok so when single that dreaded first date lurks...anyone have any good advice, techniques or tips to get past this one?

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

there is a hubber here with a lot of good advice about dating.

http://hubpages.com/profile/stricktlydating

first dates can be tough, I would skip too personal questions.
      I went out once with a man who did handle it like an interview.
      it was not natural, even though I understood he was trying to find out more about me. I finally said, I feel like I'm on a job interview. hmm

I think getting to know each other has to come naturally in the flow of whatever you're doing. keep it upbeat, positive, no bashing former relationships. good luck, enjoy! smile

2. Mocha Momma profile image60
      Mocha Mommaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would change my perception of the "first date"...  Do not dread it, see it as an opportunity to meet someone new, nothing more.  Do not put any greater expectation into it, only that you're spending some time to get to know a stranger a little better.  Don't rush to get past it, don't be nervous, be yourself.  It's not a job interview, it's really some time to be social on a one on one level with someone you may want to hang out with again.

Do whatever it is that helps you to relax before heading out on the date. 

Do not make it feel like your taking a college exam...  Plus a little laughter can always go a long way, laughter opens people up, try something not as stuffy and more relaxed atmosphere like a comedy club or seeing a funny movie/play and dinner.  Or even a dinner theater that has a funny show... 

The point is, relax, laugh, and don't take each other too seriously.  Be calm, cool, collected...  You'll end up looking forward to the next one.

2. tantrum profile image59
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Relax! big_smile
    the worst thing that can happen is, that nothing happens .

wavegirl22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

aint that the truth! and that is was usually does happen! Pleasant is one step above "nothing happens" meaning it can be nice company but no sparks flying!

3. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Be who you really are; rather than who you want your date to think that you are.  Most people struggle to be natural and open.. I've found that this comes from their inability to be confident in themselves. Self confidence comes from not needing to be prententious. It is also very sexy. smile

The only 'interview' technique that you need is knowing when the other person is lying to you (and ultimately themself). Eye contact gives you that ability; along with noting how often they feel the need to touch their face when speaking directly to you. hmm

And if your date is a Scorpio.... who maintains eye contact, is humorous, relaxed and self confident... Your second date will be your best! big_smile

4. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

My son is a dating fool! He loves to have fun! He always arranges something fun with a group on the first date just to make sure it's all good. Mini-golf, bowling, go-carts, zoo, museums, plays things a group can do then he see how things gel. He's in college and they all have water fights and also play volleyball this may not be appropriate for the less active.

wavegirl22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

im a little past college wink

1. Flightkeeper profile image66
        Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wavegirl, I agree, be yourself, he asked you out because he liked you enough and you weren't putting an act the whole time he's known you have you? Remember the date is also a chance to find out whether you like him enough as well.

2. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You don't look it!smile

5. prettydarkhorse profile image56
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

hi everyone, i have written an article about it, if you have time you can take a look at it..thanks http://hubpages.com/hub/-Tips-on-how-to … first-date

6. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Just be yourself and go with the flow.

7. profile image49
    HealthTipposted 14 years ago

Just be yourself, well unless your on Hubpages then be whoever you want smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image56
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lololol, can I just be a horse forever,,

dont ask personal questions just yet, (how much he earn, exes etc... and always look at him in the eye, listen to him lol and yes let him pay the bill............

8. Helen Cater profile image60
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

it's a long time since I dated, but I would say try and stay relaxed, and have a plan of action as you never know when you might need an escape route. Talk about things that are interesting, and most of all listen, as a woman rabiting at sixty per second can be rather off putting. Ask lots of questions, and try to stay awake lol.

9. profile image49

And let her pay half the bill smile

1. Helen Cater profile image60
      Helen Caterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Make sure he pays the bill and if he asks you to go shares...dump him.

1. profile image49
        HealthTipposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I did pay and she dumped me anyway, so don't pay the bill until you get your fill smile

I am a Poet smile

lololol, pay first before filling in, gasoline eh...before making your date read this http://hubpages.com/hub/-Tips-on-how-to … first-date

10. profile image49

Nahhhhhhhhhhh, and I would cancel my online dating site but for the fact it's a free site. Only yesterday I got an email from a 65 year old, be ok if she was a redhead but I do have standards !

how about black hair and 30s....and jump like a horsie...

1. profile image49

Oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh smile

ok i will tell my twin sister....

1. profile image49

Happy days, I look forward to her email smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)