What if you're a non-believer and you meet Jesus?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (64 posts)
  1. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

If all this time you have said,"There ain't no God." and the big day comes and you're standing there face to face. How would you explain yourself? This is a 'what-if' question not a place to declare your knowledge all things religious.

1. Evolution Guy profile image60
      Evolution Guyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOLOLOL

Depends on which god it is.

Is this a reasonable, open to the idea that believing in something with no evidence for it is pretty f******* stupid god or a ridiculous, insecure wanker of a god who will burn you in hell for all eternity if you choose not to believe people like you who keep shoving the christian god down non believer's throats?

Just so we can define god properly - because that will really help determine my answer. wink

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Christian God, the only one I know of. I have never or ever will shove any beliefs down anyones throat, I wouldn't want that done to me. The God I believe in doesn't just condemn people to hell. I believe almost all will go to heaven you just might not get a front row seat if your faith and deeds don't warrant it.wink

Wow - you only know of one god?

You need to get out more.

What if you find yourself standing in front of Allah and He is not pleased that you bastardized Jeebus' message?

What will you say to him?

1. profile image0

Hello satan!

2. The Rope profile image60
          The Ropeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's rich!  No one chooses the front row now during worship services...  smile

2. r2moo2 profile image60
      r2moo2posted 14 years agoin reply to this

There's no what ifs... seriously.

1. profile image0

I hope you mean that the way I think you do.

1. r2moo2 profile image60

Err... don't hope. Just tell me plainly what you think I am thinking about.

I won't be offended. No worries.

*poor English previously*

1. profile image0

That you'll be glad to meet God.

1. r2moo2 profile image60

Yup, I am pretty happy to meet Jesus and God.

However I am a believer so I am not answering to this thread question.

Just felt that this question will have no effect to non-believers, because there is no such thing as a 'what if'.

They might as well turn it around and say, 'What if you don't meet Jesus and meet Buddha instead?' LOL

3. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hi sneak !
      I would say :
      Don't be too hard on me! Everything it's your Father's fault ! big_smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
        prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
          prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this
          1. Cagsil profile image70
            Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

cute....lol

2. profile image0

Hear!Hear!

2. Cagsil profile image70

lol   lol    lol   lol    lol

3. profile image0

Just remember I love you unconditionally!

1. tantrum profile image61

I love you too !!

4. Paraglider profile image89
      Paragliderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not enough information. Am I supposed to be alive on Earth when this encounter takes place? Or raised from the dead somewhere else? Do I have a body at this point or am I a spirit? Can a spirit stand? On what, terra firma or some sort of heavenly 'floor'? What does 'face to face' mean in this scenario? Does God have a face? What are his nostrils for? Does he have teeth? What does he eat? Am I to explain by talking? If so, is there a supply of air to work my larynx? Can God hear sounds between 20 Hz and 20 kHz? In other words, exactly what are you talking about? Your question makes so many assumptions that it is wholly meaningless. Sorry, can't help!

lol  lol  lol

2. profile image0

I'm just not that deep! You have died comfortable with your assumption theres no God especially a Christian God. It's as if you awoke from asleep and you're not in your bed. You're greeted by people, for the lack of a better word, with beautiful perfect faces that beckon you forward you follow them the whole time thinking you have to call Tyrone for more of this rightious weed. As you walk it feels as if you're floating and you feel worry free! You're led thru a door and at a large oaken table sits a serious looking dude eating fish&chips. He looks at you and offers you a seat and some fish. He looks at you as if he can see thru you, he asks,"Do you know who I am? I'm God! For real! Why did you believe that crap you read in those little books you bought in the latin quarter?" And you say......

Really? LOLOLOLO

How about:

"What a pathetic little god you are. So ridiculously insecure and incapable, you had to spend my entire life throwing uneducated, ignorant fools at me as the only "proof," of your feeble, insecure, nonsensical existence. All of which manage to persuade me the universe could not possibly contain something as ridiculous as you.

And this is an issue for you? LOLOLOL

That I used the brain you gave me to think? LOLOL

That is a problem? LOLOLOL

And you are going to punish me for that? LOLOLOL

I would rather spend eternity disconnected from you than have to listen to this sanctimonious, nonsensical garbage.

Where the fallen angels at?

*shows the finger*

ciao"

2. Paraglider profile image89
          Paragliderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, in a scenario exactly like this, I'd most probably assume I'd really woken from sleep and was victim of some sort of party joke. But if the fish and chips smelt good (prefer lemon to vinegar) I'd certainly have some breakfast.

2. steffer profile image59
    stefferposted 14 years ago

i would invite him for a beer and ask how he did what he did, than introduce him to david copperfield smile

1. profile image0

There you go!smile

3. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

The "what-if" case?

Well, since you said 'Jesus', I'll be glad to answer your question.

I would ask nothing of him. Because, I have no questions for him because I understand the true context of his messages.

And, I'd have no reason to explain myself to him.

Without getting to a debate about it, I'll leave it there.

4. kess profile image61
    kessposted 14 years ago

Christian or not, "unless a man be born again he will not see the Kingdom of God"

This kingdom is seen by all or any who observe the way of truth with in himself.

This one will have found himself and the christ, no longer will he live to himself but will live for others.

He would now posses the faith of Jesus Christ
    and not merely the faith in Christ as many Christian will boast. The kingdom of God has come to such a one.

Many who boast about Being in Christ truly do not know him for truth does not live with them.

But all who observe and preserve truth as truth within themself, the kingdom of God has already come to them.

1. profile image0

OK?

5. TimTurner profile image69
    TimTurnerposted 14 years ago

I would tell him he did a poor job of convincing everyone of Christianity smile

1. profile image0

Fair enough.

6. profile image50
    weeyummy54posted 14 years ago

i prefer to attempt to live my live as if there is a God rather than no God. the way i see it, my life with my limited belief is better than someone that lives a life full of the vices of this world. so it is better to live believing that there is a God and not meeting him when i die rather than living a life where i deny Him and find out that he is real. and we will stand before Him to account for how we handled our many blessings and why we refused to be obedient.

1. TimTurner profile image69
      TimTurnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just because you don't believe in god, doesn't mean you have more vices.

Plus, if you're just going to believe in a god, "just in case", then that makes you as "bad" as a non-believer.

7. profile image0
    Scott.Lifeposted 14 years ago

Interesting since believers would assert that non-believers would by their very nature exclude themselves from going to heaven and thus meeting God. Yet Revelations also says that after his coming all those left on earth will be given the chance to accept him again having been given proof of his existence. Yet another group would assert that this kind of questioning is presumptive and in the end arrogant, and not in line with the humility preached by Jesus. Still another group might ask who has the time to debate this, or more importantly why debate it?

Myself I would not ask anything, but maybe apologize for a few things but then again the God I believe in would have already known I was sorry for those things forgiven me and moved on as I will be doing now.

1. profile image0

Hear!Hear!

8. profile image0
    zampanoposted 14 years ago

first thing that comes to my mind is :
    Jesus!
    Let's have a pint !
    For God's sake...

Hi friend! Why don't you have that pint with me instead ? big_smile

1. profile image0
        zampanoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Voluntario !

1. profile image0

That will be a pint with Jesus and Mary Magdalena
            hehehe
            I give you a big hug Elisinha.

yikes  hmm  tongue

lol big_smile lol

1. profile image0

I'm glad you laugh about it
                smile

2. profile image0

Well It better be Paines EG!

9. Blogging Erika profile image67
    Blogging Erikaposted 14 years ago

Excellent question!  And what if Santa appeared before you, or the Easter Bunny?  What would you say then, hmm?

I'd tell Jesus "Must be a bummer for all those people to have killed in your name."  I'd ask the Easter Bunny "Is it better to start by eating the ears or the tails first?"  And I'd ask Santa why I never got that kitty cat I always wanted!  I WAS REALLY GOOD.

1. profile image0

When did the Christian God or Jesus ever ask anyone to kill for them? Yes thanks for the chocolate, and the bike!

lol   lol

10. topgunjager profile image61
    topgunjagerposted 14 years ago

I'm going to ask him "what's with the ego? Why do you like being worshipped so much?"

1. profile image0

You don't worship Jesus. You worship only God.
      Jesus and the saints are just venerable

2. tantrum profile image61

what with yours ? big_smile

1. topgunjager profile image61
        topgunjagerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Whaaattt???!!!

3. profile image0

Fair Question!

11. profile image0
    zampanoposted 14 years ago

I love you people.
    You really like to play word games.

Hey tantrum : right now I'm listening to besame mucho.
    How nice

12. topgunjager profile image61
    topgunjagerposted 14 years ago

I'm going to tell jesus how much I loved him in I am Sam=)

1. profile image0

Hear!Hear!

13. TimTurner profile image69
    TimTurnerposted 14 years ago

Or maybe I would give him a high-five for fooling me haha

1. profile image0

Thats fair!

14. steffer profile image59
    stefferposted 14 years ago

ask him what he had as last supper, and which brand of wine he drank

1. profile image0

Good Question!

15. Cagsil profile image70

Didn't he already answer....Sorry I can't help....lol

16. Cagsil profile image70

just kidding around.....GOD can't anyone joke...pun intended

17. zadrobi profile image61
    zadrobiposted 14 years ago

I would be happy to be able to say "OH, my God!" and actually mean it wink

lol ain't that the truth....hahahahahahaha

1. earnestshub profile image79
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would just punch his lights out for the lies about answering prayers! lol

18. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

If I ever met Jesus I would expect him to be a big enough person/divine being to not worry about whether or not I believed in him or went to church.

I would ask him what he thought about all the people who had killed or hated in his name?  I would then ask him if his coming to earth was worth all the people who have subsequently been burned, killed, maimed and tortured in his name.  Because I reckon he must be really bemused by how a lot of people have managed to misinterpret a fairly simple message about love and peace.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)