The thing that really pees me off

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (26 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

I do a hub called 'Inspirational football quotes', I do a hub called 'Motivational football quotes', and can I do one called 'Funny football quotes'?

Apparently not, because somebody has been there before.....

http://hubpages.com/hub/funny-football-quotes

So those 2400 people a month are in for a treat, and I can never do a good job on that URL. Nothing similar is worth writing on.

Shame.

1. Paraglider profile image89
      Paragliderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There's nothing stopping you using 'Funny football quotes' as the title. The url isn't so important (unless I'm missing something?)

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have been told that the URL is as important, if not more important than the title?

1. livewithrichard profile image73
          livewithrichardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The URL is just as important as the title.  You should know that using an underscore in your URL will limit you in the searches on Google (not so sure about the other search engines though)

Try it out, go to Google and search Funny Football Quotes and see that it returns 30 million results.  Now try Funny_Football_Quotes and see that it returns only 28 results and Funny-Football-Quotes returns the same 30 million results.

The underscore will return only pages that have the underscored terms in it.  However, using other SEO steps will bring you more results (keywords, H1 and H2 headers, Bold Terms, Unique summary text)

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
            prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hi..thanks for this, i am learning a lot from this...

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago
    1. profile image0

Does that work as well mate?

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As good as the original. may be even better. smile

1. Deborah-Lynn profile image60
          Deborah-Lynnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry Mate, didn't realize this forum was closed to women, we will leave you two alone....wink

1. rmcrayne profile image91
            rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think he just really had his heart set on "Funny..."  I can understand that. 

I have rmcrayne@... for my primary email.  I was going to sign up for one of the many free email accounts, and rmcrayne was already taken.  I was so bummed, I still haven't pursued that account.

You and I could just talk between ourselves.  I don't think it's hijacking if the thread is already abandoned.  smile smile smile

I almost didn't come back RM, then I saw your name on hubtivity and became curious...it does look deserted, sorry I didn't see you sooner,  how many fans did you get yesterday??? Your forum looked really active for a while!

I think I had 106 this morning when I went to bed.  I should have checked back for you!  I'm working on a HubMob hub.

I haven't written a Hub in a while, I'm in a major slump....sad

I have enough topics to write for a long time.  Just HubMob alone gives me more ideas each week than I can get done. 

I'm kinda all or nothing.  All forum, no writing and vice versa.  Not 100%, but know what I mean?

2. profile image0

Sorry.... it was early hours of the morning here, I got my answer and ran.... lol

3. Deborah-Lynn profile image60
    Deborah-Lynnposted 14 years ago

How about :"The ten most hysterical football quotes of 2009" or what ever...?

4. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

How about

Amusing football quotes
    Rib-poking football quotes
    Knee slapping football quotes
    Hilarious football quotes
    More than funny football quotes
    Riotously funny football quotes
    Side-splitting football quotes
    Uproariously funny football quotes
    Hysterical football quotes
    Very funny football quotes
    Comical football quotes

1. mango babe profile image58
      mango babeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very funny big_smile

2. profile image0

They are all great, but nobody searches for those terms and nobody pays money to put ads on those terms.... whilst 2400 people a month search specifically for 'Funny Football Quotes', I only write if I think there is traffic to be had....

Roger that.  Thanks for responding.

5. profile image0
    aquaseaCreativeposted 14 years ago

looks like Misha's asleep?

Don't be misled, it's a "ploy" heh heh

6. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 14 years ago
    1. profile image0

Cool, this has opened up a whole new world of possibilities big_smile

7. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

hi ryankett: how about five gossips/rumours that plague the football scene...

or football players missus...wives etc..

8. Pearldiver profile image65
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

"The Original........." Ryan smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)