What do you do when someone threatens to kill your cat?

Jump to Last Post 1-48 of 48 discussions (144 posts)
  1. mistywild profile image60
    mistywildposted 14 years ago

I have new neighbors, needless to say it has not started out as a good relationship as one of them said to me in all seriousness that he would kill my cat if he caught him in his yard again. They've been there a week, I've been here 7 years. I've never had problems with my cat in my neighborhood in all those years and now this. I don't want my cat to get killed by some punk dude who's scared of him, so what should I do? I cannot keep him inside as he howls like a banshee when he wants to go out, and doesn't stop until he gets his way.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
      mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Can't you report this to your local SPCA or the Police so they can warn these people that they will be in trouble if they act on this threat. Alternatively, send round a very large thug to tell them what will actually happen to them if anything happens to your cat!! (I would probably go down the latter route personally).

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

Alternative, borrow a lion, that'll freak him out!!

mistywildposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LMAO, you're hilarious!

2. mistywild profile image60

LMAO, you're hilarious!

Seems like they need a serious wake up call, and not the kind that leaves them anything other than shi**ing themselves. My guess is it will work if it is done right wink

3. mufasaking profile image61
        mufasakingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes you deffinately achieve boss ranking just for mentioning a lion.

4. Roxana Guandique profile image57
        Roxana Guandiqueposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I need a Lion my neighbor just threatened my cat!!!

3. advisor4qb profile image74
      advisor4qbposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, maybe you should report his threat to the authorities or at the very least make your cat an indoor cat...what a jerk!

4. Jenny30 profile image61
      Jenny30posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thats terrible. So sorry to hear that. Some people have no respect for others.

5. G.L.A. profile image83
      G.L.A.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

We're living in times when society just isn't as tolerant and compassionate as they once were. As an animal/pet lover myself, it is so difficult to understand.. however, I also try to think fairly about my neighbors. On one side, I have neighbors who delight upon hearing my grandchildren playing, my dog barking, my doves cooing, etc. (I have no cats right now.. the last of five died a short time ago at the age of 21). On the other side I have neighbors who don't care for children or animals of any kind, and though I will NEVER understand people like that, I did finally came to realize that they are as entitled to their  freedom to live their life in THEIR space as I am. That's the key.. their property is their space. It is up to me to prevent my grandkids and my pets from infringing on their property. Unfortunately, cats do like to 'travel', but realistically it's our responsibility to prevent our pets from infringing upon our neighbors property. // I have another neighbor who has no pets at all. She loves gardening, but it's so difficult for her because thanks to other neighbors pets, her yard smells like a litter box.. So you see? As good neighbors, we must control, and confine our pets to our own property. // As far as his threat goes.. that was in very bad taste, of course! But there are so many people like that. Even more reason to confine our pets.. lest he carry out his threat! Sure you can take legal action, or ??, etc., but that wouldn't bring back your beloved pet...

1. profile image49
        animallover100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know for a fact that my neighbor's son age 20 killed my cat, i also think he had something to do with the other 8 black cats that have vanished Yes i have had a total of 8 black cats vanish in the last year and 3 just about in  2 months. I could understand 1 or 2 cats disappearing but not 8.I had an altoply on the one he just killed and he had a bullet in him and his ribbs were broken.I dont think its normal for a 20 year old to pick up a gun and shoot a cat,even if the cat was sick he had no right to shoot it or kill it,these people are christian people I cant see christian people doing that it just kills me to know im living next door to animal killers, i am an animal lovers, I havent confronted these people yet  but i'm going to when i get the papers from the altoply from my vet, and file a police report. people are so heartless and evil today, i could not blame god if he was to destroy the world....

1. profile image52
          twohillsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

animalallover100, I to have a neighbor that sits on his porch in the woods that puts food out and calls the cats up and shoot them, he uses a high powered air-gun so he doesn't just shoot them he maims them and they go off and die. He has shot 1 of my favorite cats and poisoned 3 others,  we called the sheriff and they say where is the proof, well it is hard to get the proof when he hides in the woods. We had to take all 4 to the vet and had to put down, so there is proof they were murdered. Please if you have any insight on how to deal with a very evil neighbor I would love to hear.

6. mandybeau1 profile image60
      mandybeau1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I love animals Promise to kill him. People are thrown if you look them in the face act real manic and say I promise you that I am going to kill you. Threats are nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh that is awful, but people like that really get me shitty.
      Call the SPCA and report the Moron.

I did report them to the SPCA, and if he touches a hari on my cats head he will be sorry for the rest of his life

7. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't have to worry about it, 'cause my husband would shoot THEM! (the neighbors) hahaha
      No, not really, but he would sure take up for our cats.   I love them too; they're our "babies" and we've cried like crazy just when our cats were sick, and paid big vet bills, etc.....

But the thing is, even though cats aren't the same potential threat to neighbors as a dog could be,  cats CAN (like someone else here said) be a real nuisance to neighbors.

We keep our cats inside.
      But we used to live near neighbors who don't keep theirs inside.  And they would go potty in my flower beds; it stunk of course.  And cats can get on people's vehicles and make paw prints and scratches, etc.;  plus a whole range of other problems.  So...I can kinda see the point that other people's cats might be considered an intrusion on a person's property or peace of mind.
      But I wouldn't advocate for anyone killing them.  Calling Animal Control maybe......

1. Ivorwen profile image66
        Ivorwenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Live traps and animal control would be better than threatening to kill.

8. Ivorwen profile image66

After reading many of the response here, I want to know about your neighbors rights.  Don't they have a right to thier property, without your cats!?!

They own the property.  You don't.  Cat owners need to respect other peoples property and property rights.  I read a story a while back, here on HP,  written by a person who was upset because they got in trouble for trespassing when they went into the neighbors yard and retrieved their dead cat, after the neighbors dogs had gotten the thing.  (The neighbors dog stayed home.) This writer felt that they were the victim!  I was appalled!  Where has all the common sense gone?   Where has the respect for others gone?

1. profile image0
        EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Suppose the person whose cat was killed had asked the neighbours (nicely) for the cat's body and had been told to eff off?  That's one situation (probably the only one) in which I'd definitely be tempted to trespass as well.

If they had asked, and told to get lost, I could see wanting to trespassing, however, I could not see feeling like the victim.  Sad, yes. Victim, no.

9. psycheskinner profile image84
      psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Animal cruelty laws vary by states, but this is something you should report to you local police.  It woudl also not hurt to tell you local human society.  And no, people actually do not have the right to kill someone's pet because it is on their property.  What a sick idea.  The can fence their property or use non-harmful deterents (like squirting the cat with a hose).

10. profile image52
      jonasbposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. profile image52
        twohillsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You will be judged one day for your actions and I sure wouldn't want to be in your shoes. Murdering God's animals, shame on you

1. ptosis profile image67
          ptosisposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I don't like cats that crap in front of my door at 6am, so that I get that odor first thing in the morning as I leave my house to see still steaming sh*T covered in houseflies.

Perhaps the Toxoplasma gondii parasite is embedded in your brain and that's why you can't understand why some people hate the smell of cat crap.  Because when you DO have Toxoplasma gondii parasite embedded in your brain,, you are no longer bothered by the smell of cat feces.

It's a fact. Most healthy people who are infected with toxoplasmosis have no signs or symptoms and aren't aware that they're infected.

'Extreme dictatorships, such as that in North Korea, remain in power through the effective use of insidious and all-pervasive forms of propaganda. Yet nothing approaches the perfidy of the one-celled organism Toxoplasma gondii, one of the most widespread of all parasitic protozoa. It takes over the brain of its host and makes it do things, even actions that will cause it to die, in the service of this nasty hitchhiker. It sounds like a cheesy Hollywood horror flick, except that it is for real.' - https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti … ttraction/

Around 1/3 of people on Earth carry these parasites in their heads.

For the other 2/3 of the people I have some interesting ideas on how to keep those fcking cats outta my yard and crapping all over the place.

https://hubpages.com/animals/How-to-stop-Cat-Crap

The following are methods that involve placing objects all over your backyard and front lawn

prickly pine cones
          gravel that is sharp and pointy
          grow garlic chives
          coffee grounds
          dried out tea bags with Deep Heat
          moth balls
          fake rubber snakes
          cat repellent crystals
          bottles laid on their sides half filled with water
          lion manure, (pellets which are basically bits of lion dung)
          plastic forks stuck upright

There is even a suggestion for hibachi skewers stuck upright in the ground. Are there flying vampire kittens from the movie 'The Lost Boys' or Vlad Tepes, (Dracula), impalement method for cat control?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13721892.jpg

No vaccine is as yet available to prevent either T. gondii infection or toxoplasmosis in cats, humans, or other species. Because cats only shed the organism for a few days in their entire life, the chance of human exposure is relatively small. Owning a cat does not mean you will be infected with toxoplasma.

Can get from dogs also.

1. wilderness profile image96
            wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

lion manure, (pellets which are basically bits of lion dung)

Not so sure about that.  If it works, this video on FB will crack you up.

https://www.facebook.com/HYGO/videos/1565671863511210/

1. ptosis profile image67
              ptosisposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I don't do FB anymore.  would have to sign in watch.

11. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You have to be stronger than the threat , For instance ,   "If you harm my cat I will harm your children" !   I have made the comment to people  who've spoken of shooting a dog !  You don't  have to BE serious however you have to say it seriously , and watch for the  shock .

I believe that I and many people hold their pets  closer to their hearts than most people .

12. Melissa A Smith profile image95
      Melissa A Smithposted 8 years agoin reply to this

"They've been there a week, I've been here 7 years."

Old thread, but dang, the GALL. They paid for their property and have every right to enjoy it without intrusion by owned pets. YOU do not own their property. Sickening mentality.

mistywildposted 14 years ago

I did report it to the SPCA but it's not animal cruelty until he actually KILLS the cat so they can't do anything. And I would handle it personally but my husband won't let me, of course my dad said he would be happy to straighten it out and my brother is a BIG dude. Good ideas, thanks!

Go for it mistywild, prevention is better than cure, and I am all for that, especially where animals are concerned!

big_smile I think I shall. Skitzi is HOWLING right now to go out.

You have my full support and backing. Set the dogs on these horrible neighbours ! I would!!!

2. tksensei profile image60
      tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you're on the right track now.

3. Carmen Borthwick profile image60
    Carmen Borthwickposted 14 years ago

Are both new neighbours dudes? Why not bake them some special cookies... cat shaped with a secret ingredient!

Good plan Carmen. mind you, in all seriousness, I really do condone the threat of violent retaliation in a situation like this, after all, you wouldn't hesitate if someone threatened your children in this way would you, and to most of us our pets are our children.

Amen to that, I've had my cats 12+ years. They are my "kids"

1. Carmen Borthwick profile image60
          Carmen Borthwickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, use your imagination as to what the secret ingredient might consist of and its not chocolate chips!

2. Carmen Borthwick profile image60

I'd kick the crap out of them for either... wait I have.

????? Wanna hear more but need bed now, will check in again later smile

Have a good rest, talk again soon I hope.

LMAO, yes they are both dudes. Cat shaped cookies not a bad idea! Now what about that special ingredient, I think they would enjoy that.

3. retellect profile image73
      retellectposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm scared to eat cookies from you now! smile

4. elisabethkcmo profile image76
    elisabethkcmoposted 14 years ago

thats just plain scary to have neighbors like that,
    are they on meth?

no their thugs tho

5. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Any person who threatens to kill your beloved pet as a "neighborly" self introduction needs a visit from the local police surely?
    They will probably have a police record already, just waiting for one more move like a threat to wind up in the pen again.

These type of simpletons mostly have priors for similar stuff. smile

Agreed 100%

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
        Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Threats are threats. Document everything, and as Earnest said, find the crap in their background and it will bring them down in a hurry.

I had a "midnight pharmacy" of sorts up the street from us years ago, and I documented, called the police and bugged them. Without warning two months later, they busted the place and those people were gone and moved out in 48 hours.

The key is documentation. Police operate on facts. If you show a prior history with willful intent, then you have quick protection.

Hope it goes well for you.

6. Jewels profile image82
    Jewelsposted 14 years ago

Have you attempted to ask why they have that attitude toward your cat?  Are they actually cat haters or concerned about birds?

Birds, do you think they would threaten to kill a cat because they're bird lovers? No offense.

1. shanekruger profile image61
        shanekrugerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I also agree with u

1. Jewels profile image82
          Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes they could and I'm not trying to stir a hornets nest.  I don't know your neighbors. From the picture you are painting, they seem like idiots wanting to stir trouble for the sake of it.  I do know of people who are extreme in their protection of native birds killed by domestic cats as owners allow them to roam freely without concern for the environment.

2. Paradise7 profile image68
        Paradise7posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was wondering, what's up with THAT?  Wanting to kill a kitty?  Are they nuts or otherwise motivated?  Do you know the reasons or excuse?

3. Pcunix profile image90
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't think so.  We only ever had one cat that could reliably catch birds anyway.  She would hide under the Hosta plants and then leap way up in the air and catch them in flight.  But she was a very unusual huntress.  Most of our other cats either ignored birds or failed miserably trying.  Birds do have a slight advantage with the flying thing and are not all that easy to catch unaware.

Maybe you need to find a sensible cop to make an "unofficial" visit.  Scare them a little. 

Jerks.  Just had to add that.

they just hate cats, scared of them

7. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years ago

It sounds like the guy who made the threat is genuinely scared of cats. I actually have a male friend with this problem too, although he wouldn't hurt a cat, but will jump 6 feet in the air, and flick them away much as you might a spider. I told him off last time he stayed with us for swatting one of my cats with the sofa cushion simply because it jumped up next to him, (he did apologise though).

8. Pr0metheus profile image59
    Pr0metheusposted 14 years ago

Tell them that you've reported them, and that if your cat disappears there will be consequences.

Well that might provoke them and then what if the cat disappears? Honestly, I think I would put up with the howling for a few nights and try to talk to the idiots politely, encouragingly, humorously, friendly and if that didn't work I'd let the air out of their tires every night... oh, oh, no you put a tiny, tiny pepple in the air valve and the tire flattens itself all the time! You didn't hear that from me, kay?

1. advisor4qb profile image74
        advisor4qbposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, I guess then he can't leave to hide the cats body...

9. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 14 years ago

What about building a cat run in your garden?  Not a cheap or easy option I know, but at least it would give you peace of mind and your cat a chance to get some fresh air outside.

Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree.  I would love to put a sandbox in MY back yard for my children, but the neighbors cats would use it like a giant litter box.  I wish the laws were as strict for cats as they are with dogs, and that owners were held more responsible for where their cats roam.  The only reason I do not complain about the neighbor's cats is that I asume they help control the mouse population.

1. profile image0
        EmpressFelicityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The obvious answer to your sandbox problem would be a cover that went on top of it all the time your children weren't playing with it. 

The trouble is that cats aren't biddable like dogs and they have the ability to scale walls and fences (unlike most dogs).  The only alternative to a cat run would be to keep one's cats indoors, which I don't think is good for a cat's health (although plenty of cat owners do it).   

I don't believe that cat owners should under normal circumstances have to resort to measures like building cat runs in their gardens; I only suggested it here because it sounds like Mistywild's cat is in real danger from the idiot guy who lives next door.

You sound like a reasonable neighbour (unlike some).

10. Jane Dee Summers profile image60
    Jane Dee Summersposted 14 years ago

It's normal to jump in boots and all, telling them off, I always take the lead when it comes to threatening my family or my animals.

However, it might be best to get a friend or family to speak to them in a calm but firm way. I would be better for you in the long run to encourage them to accept your "puddy tat"

Or send them a note inviting them to join the hub and we could do a hub attack.

11. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I'd let all the cat lovers around know of his address.

12. Sufidreamer profile image79
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

Got to go with the flow on this one - send the big dude around. It works a treat big_smile

13. trish1048 profile image68
    trish1048posted 14 years ago

I agree with EmpressFelicity,

I have a coworker who did just that.  Made a large enclosure so that her cats could enjoy the outdoors without wandering off.  If you make it yourself it would be cheaper than buying one.

Also, if any of your other neighbors have outdoor cats, I'd give them a heads up.  Just my opinion.

14. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

I've just read all the responses here and I have a thought on this.  Here goes: Mr. Tough Guy who lives next door probably didn't mean he'd literally KILL your kitty. Sounds more like a warning coming from the mouth of a redneck. We've got plenty of those types here in the South who casually spit out stuff like that because it sounds "tough".  Yes, I would take it seriously, but consider the source, too.  I would like to know the exact conversation that took place. Did he say, "Look wench, get your cat outta my yard or I'll kill it"  or was it more like "I'll kill that cat if he comes in my yard again".  Have you ever had a conversation with them?    If this were me, this is how I would handle it. I'd go to see them. Be friendly and say, "Hey guys, there's something that's reallly been bothering me. Remember when you told me you'd kill my cat? So what did you really mean....you were joking, right?"  Then see what reaction you get. If he comes back with a gruff, mean or hateful response, keep your voice low and pleasant and say, "Gosh I'm sorry you have a problem with cats...what can we do about this?"  Who knows, maybe they'll lightnen up. My experience with dudes like this is they're all talk, no action simply because it's the "little tough guy syndrom" talking.  Please post the exact conversation as well as you remember.  I'd be worried, too, but I believe most things can be resolved through communication.

15. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Have the cats stuffed and then they'll always be safe and no howling! You'll never have to get new ones and you can always hold them and pet them. Sorry, I'm a dog guy, I have to get my digs in. Have your Dad and brother have a little talk with them.

16. torimari profile image67
    torimariposted 14 years ago

Keep your cat inside first of all. hmm
    People like this (who threaten your cat), cars, disease, and the fact that cats kill wildlife is a problem.

I live in nice suburbs and I see dead house cats all the time not to mention we are starting to get a feral cat growth (cats aren't originally native to us anyhoo) which is messing with wildlife. Probably will eventually lead to this cats being killed too....all due to people leaving their cats out.

Your neighbor is a jerk, indeed. And, if he kills or hurts your cat...too late. Not much you can do except have a housecat.

17. Valerie F profile image60
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

Report the threat to the police, and very politely notify your neighbors that if they lay a finger on your cat, they will face criminal charges for their actions. Let them know also that you also have already alerted the authorities, so they know you won't mess around.

And tell all the other neighbors to keep their cats away from these guys.

Maybe it's just me, but if someone threatens to take an innocent life just because they harbor some personal dislike or find that life inconvenient, I won't assume they'll actually follow through, but I'll focus a lot more on prevention than on asking if they were joking or blustering, risking finding out the hard way that they mean it.

If, however, they were joking, tell them that that your cat is family, and you don't appreciate people threatening your family- even if they mean it as a joke.

18. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years ago

A friend of my sister's has just bought a spy pen on ebay for about £28. It is amazing as it actually works as a ballpoint pen, but can also record audio and video for up to two hours. I would suggest getting hold of one of these and wearing it in your breast pocket when you go to visit this neighbour, that way you will have any threats made on tape, both audio and video and can go to the Police with the evidence. The quality is pretty good too, about the same as a web camera. If you check out ebay they probably have more of these available as it was brand new.

19. Christoph Reilly profile image68
    Christoph Reillyposted 14 years ago

You point at them and then say to your dog, "Kill, kill."

First you have to have a dog though Christoph, and a big one, (somehow pointing your Yorkshire Terrier at them shouting "Kill Kill" I doubt will have the desired impact) big_smile

20. Jery profile image60
    Jeryposted 14 years ago

Well I may as well through in my two cents. If they do actually kill your cat you would more than likely have a hard time proving it, so if you deem their threat as a serious one you just need to keep your cat from entering their yard. There are some real cat-haters out there who would kill a cat for "fun" or without any provocation.
    Of course threatening them (without lot of witnesses)in a way that really gets their attention could work.
    If they are renters, you could figure out a way to get them to want to move somewhere else.
    The fact of the matter is, the cat is going in their yard (you said) so they do have some rights here. In some states in the USA if a animal is coming on your property and you feel threatened (by a cat?) or feel like your property is being threatened (maybe it's peeing in their flower beds and killing their flowers?)you can legally dispatch of said animal.
    Bottom line (I feel) is you need to keep your cat out of their yard.

21. deartfuldodger profile image59
    deartfuldodgerposted 14 years ago

Im on you and the cats side - but as was just pointed out, you dont get much legal protection if your cat is hurt or killed while wandering on someone elses property.

You do need to have a proper report filed to pursue anything later down the line if anything bad does happen.

Since no one wants that, I think the suggestion about confronting the person in teh nicest way possible to get a real definitive feeling about their meaning intent and reasoning is very important

I would bring my Really big brother to take part in this conversation.

If it doesnt stay nice - well Big brother is there to make some stronger statements, isnt he

Personally, i would have flipped out on the spot and told them about my impressive gun collection, my brothers tour in 'nam an dhow he just didnt come back right plus personal dislike for animal haters (only 2 out of the 3 are true)..

Im angry just thinking about it, you should see if any hubbers live nearbye and show up as a real HUBMOB, to talk to teh fella

22. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

Please report that jerk to the ASPCA and the police ASAP...and the animal protection league...Just hearing about someone like that makes me have to vomit!

23. Flightkeeper profile image65
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I think you should warn your neighbors that if they go near your cat you will report them for animal cruelty and that they are being monitored. Then install a camera to watch them.

that's not a bad idea, I have already notified the SPCA.

24. zadrobi profile image60
    zadrobiposted 14 years ago

You train your cats to kill!

lmao, he more a lover than a fighter though

25. RedSonja94 profile image61
    RedSonja94posted 14 years ago

I would send them a batch of cookies all right.  Right in the hands of the biggest guy I knew who would proceed to tell them exactly what will happen to them if something happens to my cat.  I wouldn't tolerate that crap.

26. G.L.A. profile image83
    G.L.A.posted 14 years ago

Thanks for your acknowledgement of my reply, Misty.. sorry have no miracle solution to get your kitty to be happy inside. I do know it can be done though. My sisters' cat, Smokey,  was a neighborhood terror at one time, but is now a happy couch potato with no desire to go out. I think it took alot of patience on my sisters' part before he got to that point though.

27. Tatjana8 profile image57
    Tatjana8posted 14 years ago

Hi,

I understand you very well. On November 19th my cat Ally (16 months old, half-long hair, lovely three-colour) was killed and I found her next morning dead with blood in her mouth close to the fence of my house. She was cold and stiff. I don't know for sure who killed her. Our neigbours would never do it, they liked her and we have a nice relations. However, some time earlier my 6 year old daugher was warned by neighborhood boys  (around 10 years old) that they will kill our cat. There is a gang of children, around 5, who systematically persequte us, doing all sorts of nasty things. However, it was not nasty enough to switch off a police, albeit we spoke with their parents several times (they broke our door bell, put a shit on the door handle, entered our backjard and made their chaos).

I will never forget my Ally, who was the most fantastic animal I ever met. I would love to do something, to find for sure who done this to her, and to go after the guilty one. Ally is already buried. I am crying freequently, and I concentrate bad at my work.

Does someone knows what can be done to find out what has happened to her?

Tatjana

1. psycheskinner profile image84

You only chance is to *immediately* take your cat to a vet for a necropsy to determine cause of death.  My condolances.

28. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

tell them that "if that happens, it won't be the last pussy that will die on this street"

And then call the humane society and record their threat

29. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

slash their tires

30. profile image0
    Good Intentionsposted 13 years ago

Every action has a reaction.  Any intent has it's come back.  You need do nothing, just look deep into the perpertrator's soul and he/she will know.  When no word is spoken can be the greatest communication.

31. torimari profile image67
    torimariposted 13 years ago

That's terrible~! No one should kill a pet because it was on their property.

At the same time, it's bad not only for wildlife, but your cat to let it roam around.

I see too many dead cats with collars in my suburban area.

32. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

I know I'm not gonna be appreciated for saying this - but, what Ivorwen and others have said is truth - petowners do not have special rights to allow their pets to run all over other people's property. The guy shouldn't have threatened, but he is totally within his rights.  I wouldn't want somebody's cat pooping in my petunias, for sure.  I know that if the neighbors cats came around and started hunting our song birds and other wildlife, we would possibly get out the beebee guns.  And I love animals.  But consider this - there are so many petlovers who own one or two or more pets in every neighborhood and if they all let them run loose you would also be very, very unhappy, for many reasons.  I think, personally, that the world has gone nuts with pet fetishes and people now need to spend the same amount of love that they lavish on their little animal friends on the humans and other living things in their environments.  Be reasonable, folks!

You don't know the law very well.  There is nothing illegal about having an outdoor/romaing cat.  It is always illegal to kill a persons pet.  This is true in all 50 American states.

33. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

oh, and your cat is "fixed" right?  because cats procreate at such an alarming rate, it isn't right or fair!

Sensitive comment award of the year.  The cat is dead.

1. mega1 profile image80
        mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was responding to original post - don't think that cat is dead - yet - the neighbor just threatened to kill it if it comes onto his property - so, not so insensitive as you might think, dear.

34. Christopher Floyd profile image59
    Christopher Floydposted 13 years ago

Punk dude is scared of your cat? That's odd.
    I don't know about cats. I'm a dog person. I figure, no one shoots my dog but me. As far as a threat against an animal goes, this one's absurd. In my house "He needed killin" is a valid justification for defending a dog, and a great many other things. I guess it could be the same for cat lovers. No one should feel the need to levy a threat against a cat. Well, maybe a bird lover. Maybe the dude has low self-esteem. Cats do tend to look at people like we're just taking up space. Or maybe he's a serial killer, in which case I refer to my earlier justification.

35. Diane Inside profile image73
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

I would want to strangle him, but at the same time we had a dog that we kept either in the house or in our yard, if we took him for a walk he was on a leash and if he made a mess we cleaned it up. I had and still have neighbors who take their dog for a walk and let them mess in my yard without cleaning it up. I infuriates me, because I have to mow this yard and I don't want to step in their mess. Not to mention that it is just plain rude.

So seeing how it made me feel I wouldn't let my dog do this. I asked them to stop once but to no avail.

I didn't tell my husband about it though, because he is not as tolerant as me when it comes to this stuff.

I'd probably just try not to let my cat out too much, and if he does do anything you have reported his threats so if somethings happens to the cat he will be no.1 suspect.

36. Alayne Fenasci profile image59
    Alayne Fenasciposted 13 years ago

I think some of the responses you've gotten have been well-intended, but perhaps uninformed. It's not exactly plausible to control where your cat walks around when he goes outside. You can't normally train a cat to stay in your yard, just like you can't normally train it to roll over or fetch. I'm sure I'll get responses to this along the line of "my grand-step-neighbor-in-law's cat had a kitten that learned how to shake hands," but even if that is true, very few cats can be trained to remain in their own yard, especially after years of being able to walk around at will.

I'm normally a "kill 'em with kindness" type person, since it seems to work more often than most things. If they like you, they'll be less likely to hate your cat. On the other hand, that isn't always possible. Also, find out if there are leash laws in your area. Reasonable or not, the law may consider you in the wrong for having a cat roaming about. Personally, I find leash laws on cats to be a bit ridiculous, but it would help to know just how far your neighbor is legally allowed to take things.

Seeing that this was originally posted a few months ago, I wonder how things are going for you now?

37. KFlippin profile image61
    KFlippinposted 13 years ago

Have to say I was shocked to read this forum topic, caught my eye as it had just been posted to by Alayne above, for sure a voice of sanity in this discussion.

What harm does a cat do to anyone! They roam, they climb trees, have a much better view of the world than we do, and they catch mice and kill snakes. Maybe you should tell your neighbor you're going to charge them a monthly fee for snake and mice proofing their yard. But, in all serious, Alayne is right, check on the laws in your area regarding cats, and if there aren't any, then if you can't work things out, I'd call the police with the threat. Someone who is such a 'punk dude' they'd threaten a cat, is probably a punk dude in a lot of other ways.

38. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

The answer is simple, control your cat!  I, for one am not a cat lover.  My neighbor had a male cat which delighted in spraying my tools and all over everything left around.  He would then go several hundred yards down the road to my brothers home and spray down the windshield of her new car.  Of course, it ran down into the fresh air vents and certainly didn't add anything pleasant to the new car smell!

People want cats but not the responsibility of caring for them.  This includes making sure they do not intrude into the lives of those who choose not to have cat-tending responsibilities.  But the cat owner could volunteer to go around the neighborhood and clean up the cat's mess on a regular basis.  Yeah, this will happen!  LOL! 

I have never killed a cat and don't intend to, but I can understand why some would want to.  If I were the cat hating neighbor I would just get a dog.  Or would that be wrong?

1. KFlippin profile image61
      KFlippinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's funny, the thing of it is, nobody controls a cat, least of all the cat owner, that's the nature of cats......some are smarter than others, some hold grudges longer, some just plain like to pick fights, not unlike dogs really, just infinitely harder to catch and control.  I suppose every time a dog hikes it leg and pees on a neighbor's tire, the owner should stand by with a water hose.  But, if we reach the point when we have to control the actions of even the rats that decide to call our dwelling home, then it's going to make life pretty complicated.

We once had a Chinese Pug, when I was a kid, he was a great dog, really smart, my Dad loved him, he was old Beau, he was Dad's dog more than others.  But, if my Dad made him mad, he'd go and pee on his gun cabinet, once when I made him mad on a camping trip, he came right up to me and peed on my leg - go figure, animals have ways of choosing their targets.

A neighborhood law that required spayed males, I could actually understand that one, it is particularly offensive.  If the hubber who posted this has a male cat, maybe she could offer that option to please her punk dude neighbor.

2. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If I had a problem with a neighbors cat, I would ask if they would be upset if I sprayed it (gently) with a hose or squirt gun to discourage it.  I understand the annoyance oart, it is the threat to kill that is disgusting.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree the threats are bad.  But most of those really serious about killing the cat would not threaten to kill it beforehand.  The cat would simply cease to exist.  Cats are cats!

39. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

I do understand cat lovers and their fondness for their pets, I feel the same way about my dog.  But I also know I am responsible for my dog, not my neighbors.  Fortunately my only neighbors are not near by and are all related to me. 

Cats are almost impossible to control when they are outdoors.  There are so many cats, both domestic and feral, in my area.  These animals have really contributed to the decrease in the Bobwhite quail and rabbit populations.

Although I live in the country, I am just far enough from an urban area that it seems to be a good dumping ground for both adult and baby, dogs and cats.

So I have mixed feelings about this issue.  The threats were bad, but the cat owner is at fault for having a cat without the means of being responsible for it.

Cats can run rampant in rural areas and in the cities, and they can be quite dangerous, the feral ones, I've even known of someone getting Cat Scratch Fever from a feral cat scratch, came close to dying before it was diagnosed.

But, a pet cat is a different deal, which seems to be what this person was worried about it. Just like there are wild dogs running in packs that really are a menace and need to be shot, there are definitely feral cats that can never be tamed and can do human harm. The dumping you talk about is such a sorry sorry thing, and criminal around here, but criminal or not, it happens a lot, but not sure how you'd catch and dump a bunch of feral cats. 

I've only had cats about 10 years, actually was anti-cat for most of my life, love love my dog, but now can't now imagine life without the cats.  Before I got cats, the Quail and Rabbit population in the woods on my place had already dropped off severely, even the squirrels, and most contribute that to nothing but increased coyote populations.

As a matter of fact, just this past week or so, I'm quite sure coyotes killed about 4 of my outside cats, their yapping woke me up coming from the hay barn, where some of the cats like to hang, one of them a new Mom to two kittens.  So maybe, it is not cats killing your quail and rabbits, but coyotes gone wild.

For sure, all the snakes that used to be at every turn around the house and barns are now gone, and the mice no longer set up housekeeping in the equipment/feed barn, so I think cats have a place, a function, in the country, and they are good companions as well, pretty cool companions actually.

And this is a cool conversation as well...... smile

I am not in disagreement with you on this KF!  My wife had a few cats and they are funny animals.  But unlike dogs, cats have very little loyalty to humans. 

If you fall down dead, they will not care very much as long as there is someone else there to rub their scent on ( essentially saying "my property) and to feed them regularly.  Just my experience with cats. ( not that I ever fell down dead!)

You may be right about the cats not being totally responsible for the quail and rabbit population decrease.  But we have more red and gray fox and plenty of bobcat to boot.  the coyote population succumbed to Parvenu a while back as usually happens in cycles.  Add in the occasional panther and "all God's creatures need food" and it is what it is.

And the feral cats were born wild from abandoned domestic cats.  These offspring adapt to living wild pretty easily, unlike dogs.  I had rather have the wildlife anyway!

They are odd animals, though I'd say I do have one that would stick by me, have had him for several years now, he seems rather attuned to my moods, much like a good dog companion, even follows me on walks, etc...

Can't imagine dealing with large fox and bobcat populations in addition to coyotes.  We do have foxes, but there numbers are small, and they are really pretty neat to spy and watch when it occasionally happens.

Feral cats are undoubtedly the result of people of folks just not caring where the kittens end up they allow to be born.  It does get expensive, neutering them, I went through that, even catching some of them was a big deal, but have seen from first hand experience of having just brought one 'Pumpkin'female into my home place, and now she has great grand kids, and it is quite enough already!  The one that has disappeared, and I fear it was coyotes, was just very jumpy, I couldn't catch her, so she had kittens by a no doubt feral gray male that shows up here.  I've shot at him in my pathetic way with a pellet gun, makes him leave for a bit, but my aim is not good enough to make him leave forever!

(P.S. Am writing without edit, so please pardon the stream of thought, and no doubt the errors made, headed back outside to the porch, for a little more reading in this quite balmy evening.....)

Enjoy your evening!

Thanks, Randy, I did, with no coyotes tonight to put a spotlight on and shriek at in what I hope they think is a scary voice, at least not so far, they are better than an alarm when they're close to home.

40. DonnaCSmith profile image82
    DonnaCSmithposted 13 years ago

The best thing for your cat is to keep it home. You cannot expect everyone to tolerate it.  Some people do not like that they poop in their gardens or hunt birds, etc.

41. profile image53
    plausibleposted 10 years ago

A. If I was your neighbor, your cat would have been quietly and permanently "relocated". If your cat isn't trained to stay on its (owner's) turf and you leave your cat stray outside unsupervised, what do you expect? Many people have a strong aversion to cats. We had a too-friendly cat in our neighborhood that would sit under our bird feeder. It even had the moxy to follow me into my house one evening when I came home. The cat had a tag with name and address. I returned the cat (it's owners were in easy walking distance). The second time the cat did this, the collar and tags were removed and the cat was quietly and permanently relocated.

B. Cats do incredible damage to the wild bird population. It's estimated that cats kill as many as 3.7 billion birds annually in the USA alone (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati … dy/1873871). I like having wild birds on my property, watching them, feeding them, etc. So yeah, if your cat strays on my property, bye bye kitty.

C. As others mentioned, I'm annoyed when neighbor's cats dig up my garden or poop in my yard. I've tried sprays that cats supposedly find repulsive, "planting" pointy sticks in my garden, spraying cats with water, shooing them, etc. The only effective method I've found is trapping and permanent relocation.

1. Melissa A Smith profile image95
      Melissa A Smithposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Old thread, but spot on!

42. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 9 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8594745_f260.jpg
    You looking at ME?

1. profile image52
      Woodsman001posted 8 years agoin reply to this

If that cat was looking at me, I would be the very last thing it ever saw. No threats, that's a promise.

43. profile image52
    Woodsman001posted 8 years ago

I personally shot and buried literally hundreds of my neighbors' cats -- under advice of the sheriff to do so. They finally all learned their well-deserved and well-earned lessons in how to be responsible adults. I've not seen even ONE stray cat since this took place six years ago. Shooting your vermin cats for you solves absolutely everything. You won't behave like an adult no matter what anyone says to you. Well now you get to suffer the consequences of behaving like an immature and irresponsible snot-nosed whiny 5-year-old who just got their first kitty and didn't know how to keep it safe from all harms.

The law is that it is perfectly legal to destroy any animal (** see exemptions) on your property or with the written permission of the property owner; someone's pet or not; that is threatening the health, well-being, and safety of your family, animals, or even the value or integrity of your property. Also true even in most densely populated cities, firearms laws permitting, if not then 700-1200fps air-rifles with round-nosed vermin-pellets are commonly used. The newer ones even come with a sound-suppressor design built right-in, being designed specifically for shooting vermin cats in urban areas, the demand is that great. **The only animals exempt from you taking immediate action, legally, are those listed on endangered or threatened species lists, regulated game-animals (hunting season only, except for designated "small game" on your own lands which is year-'round no-license in most areas), and any bird species under protection of MBTA (the Migratory Bird Treaty Act). Even then variances can be given should there be sufficient problem but this requires further study by authorities. Since cats are listed in the TOP 100 WORST invasive species of the world in the "Global Invasive Species Database" issg . org / database / species / ecology . asp?si=24&fr=1&sts=sss , this means they have no protection whatsoever from being shot on sight, they are not on any protected species list anywhere in the world. Quite the opposite as a matter of fact. And if your local government obeys all national and international invasive-species laws (as they should), then it is your civic and moral duty to destroy all stray cats whenever found away from supervised containment.

Just remember, the cat MUST die for it to be 100% legal. <strong>A DEAD CAT IS A LEGAL CAT.</strong> Even if you have to slit its throat afterward to be certain -- no different than a bow-hunter that is given a full day to track down a deer and slit its throat. That too is legal, not a good kill, but legal. Luckily, cat-lickers and their cats taught me to be an expert marksman, so I never had to resort to using anything other than a gun to finish off a cat. I never wasted even one bullet out of the hundreds that I had to shoot and bury. (Except for the one time on advice of others to use a precision head-shot, instead of the 1-bullet=1-dead-cat fatal chest-shots that I had been using for all the rest. It took 3 more precision point-blank shots to the head before it would die. (Which resulted in my having to hose-down the area to disperse all of that diseased-cat offal so that native wildlife wouldn't track through it and spread it to kill even more wildlife. What a freakin' mess that was! Cat-brains splattered all over the place.) I now suspect cats survive more by their reptilian brain-stems than any of their unused gray-matter above it. Not unlike cat-owners do. Apparently a cat's brain is not one of their vital organs. Who knew?! I never repeated that experiment, because even a 1/3-cent on-closeout-sale .22 is worth more than any cat's life will ever be worth.)

Take just this one example of many more from every state, from every nation. Even Alley-Cat-ALL-LIES tried to get this person convicted of a crime. That's just how stupid and ignorant of property and animal laws even their own lawyers are.

examiner . com / article / cat-shooter-florida-won-t-be-charged

In FACT, the shooter can sue the cat-caretakers for thousands of dollars in damages, as well as LEGALLY shooting their cats for them.

Even in the UK where they revere their vermin moggies as much as a sacred cow you can shoot them to death under all animal depredation-control laws.

wildlifearticles . co . uk / new-website-launched-to-help-scottish-wildcat-conservation / comment-page-1 /

<em>“Persecution from land owners, especially those with game birds can also be an issue though the animals are often mistaken for feral cats which can legally be shot as a pest control method.”</em>

naturenet . net / law / seasons . htm

Cats are listed as year-round, no closed-season.

psycheskinnerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I hope no one follows your advice because owned cats are not vermin under the law, and the legal ways to kill vermin are state specific.  Killing a pet cat is illegal.  In every state in the United States cats can legally cross your property.  Only known unowned free roaming or feral cats are considered vermin animals and it is your responsibility to know for sure which is which. Getting it wrong leaves you open to prosecution.

1. profile image52

To all of you blind-worshiping TNReligion fanatics who just respew your faux-goddess Becky Robinson's outright lie and deception about it being a felony or even a crime to kill any cat in all 50 states (which you respew every chance you get, just because "she said so"), have your clay-footed goddess Becky explain to you why it is perfectly legal for any animal-shelter employee to kill any cat within the boundaries of their properties in every county in the union. Or any pest-control service (privately owned and operated). Or any veterinarian as long as they do it on the premises of their own practice, or when they make a field-call and have to put-down an animal on someone else's property. And have her explain why it is perfectly legal for EVERY farmer, rancher and land-owner to destroy ANY cat within the boundaries of their property (or with the land-owner's permission). Then watch every last one of her many other dozens of lies and manipulative deceptions upon which she's based her multimillion-dollar "Alley Cat ALL LIES" con-artist & cyber-bullying-business also all crumble before you.

I even provided links with absolute PROOF that it is legal to shoot your vermin cats if they trespass on someone's property, even in the UK where they constantly spew your lies that it is illegal even more than you do, but even in light of that you relentlessly try to lie and manipulate everyone with your cat-lickers outrageous LIES.

You have ZERO credibility. I hope you keep believing that it's illegal for someone to shoot your vermin cat and that you let it roam free because you think it's safe to do so -- your vermin never to return home one day. Your cat now happily being FURtilizer for someone's rose-bushes -- and you, none the wiser, nor any more intelligent than you've just proved yourself to be. You useless, ignorant, and irresponsible cat-lickers are all alike. Your cats DESERVE to die.

Where cats have already learned to evade all trapping methods for trapping & drowning (and you aren't confident with firearms or air-rifles (local ordinances permitting)), then inexpensive generic acetaminophen (overseas paracetamol) pain-relievers are a more species-specific vermin poison (though harmful to most reptiles, which won't be dining on the cat-bait-foods that you'll be using) -- a method condoned by even Audubon, Smithsonian, and National Geographic today. Stray cats have been listed as "vermin" since the early 1900's. (I learned this from a cat-licker. Thanks cat-lickers!) This is why it is even legal to use any and all vermin-poisons on them. For an even more species-specific vermin poison check into the toxicity of "Lilium" species of flowers too. Be certain the plant contains the word "Lilium" in the scientific-name (other plants with the word "Lily" in the common-name may be toxic to other species besides cats). Common N. American "Day Lilies" (Hemerocallis graminea) also work, they are the one exception to the rule that the name "Lilium" needs to be in the scientific name. Lilium species of flowers are 100% fatal to cats ONLY, even a bit of pollen on their fur that they lick-off will do. If they even drink a bit of water in which a bunch of Lilium flowers have been kept -- that too is fatal, but totally harmless to all other species of animals (including dogs). Much safer for the environment and all other animals than the rat-poisons and antifreeze that cat-lickers have forced everyone into using on their cats. These plants when harvested and dried for year-round cat-eradication use is even better, as the unknown toxin is concentrated during the drying process (the blossoms and pollen being most toxic), and the dried plants are even more palatable to cats. An excellent mulch for anyone's garden or a ground-up additive for any tins of food left lying around.

However, you really need to dispose of that cat safely and hygienically so that wildlife won't die from the deadly diseases cats spread even after their death. Leaving ANY cat out in nature, alive OR dead, is no better than intentionally poisoning your native wildlife to death. I know this. I fed one of the hundreds of shot-dead cats on my lands to some wildlife under my care, those animals and their offspring that they had while under my care then died from some disease in that cat-meat. Cats truly are complete and total wastes-of-flesh. They can't even be used to feed wildlife safely.

I don't see anyone dumping cats where I live anymore. They don't even adopt more than can be kept under lock & key 24/7/52. When driving through the area I don't see even one cat on anyone's doorsteps anymore. I always keep an eye-out to see if there are more free-roaming cats that will have to be shot. And if I'll have to leave fish-oil trails on all the roadsides again, leading right to my IR surveillance system and laser-sighted rifle. The eradication of these vermin was so complete and effective that cats are non-existent from my area for SIX years now. Not seen nor heard a single one. So much for that cat-lickers' oft-spewed and manipulative "vacuum effect" deception and lie too, eh?

Leaving ANY of their invasive species cats outside in my area means certain death for their cat, its further existence can be counted in hours. You'd think everyone else could learn from this simple lesson. The quickest way to solve an unwanted animal and irresponsible pet-owner problem is to let everyone know that you will quickly and humanely destroy every last one of their unwanted, uncared-for, or unsupervised animals for them. They either grow up fast or, far more plausible, dump their animals elsewhere to become someone else's problem.

You just can't be an enabler of criminally irresponsible spineless and heartless idiots -- or they remain that way. (At least where you live, anyway.)

If there are not direct and immediate irreversible consequences to pet-owners' criminally-negligent and criminally-irresponsible behaviors and values then they learn absolutely nothing.

44. Live to Learn profile image60
    Live to Learnposted 8 years ago

I don't know the law by heart but I think a landowner can kill a nuisance animal if they conduct business on their property and if the behavior of the animal stands to cause them financial harm. I have seen many pet owners who believe their animals are above the law; who found out otherwise when they refused to maintain control of them. Domestic disputes where someone simply got upset because an animal was defecating on their lawn, or something which didn't create a financial burden, appear to go in favor of the animal owner.

But, if Trump gets elected president he'll probably suggest a law where you just kill the family of the cat instead of the cat. Problem solved.

1. profile image52

The most that any animal owner can sue for is the present market-value of their dead animal, and ONLY if it was found that the shooter violated any local firearms ordinances (why air-rifles are a popular cat solution) or violated any other laws in doing so. Cats are worth less than a penny each today, you can't even give them away. Some places even pay others to take their vermin cats off of their hands. They are now a financial debt to anyone rather than any kind of financial asset. Good-luck suing for the negative-value of a POS vermin. Whereas the owner of the cat can be sued in turn for $thousands in damages that their cat caused; business owner or private individual, it matters not.

Many also find it much easier to pay a misdemeanor fine of $20-$50 to get rid of someone's cat than dealing with the cat and its owner. And should the cat-licking cat-owner try to sue? The cat-owner needs to make sure that the person they are suing can't in-turn take away their car, house, and have their wages garnisheed for the rest of their useless lives because of all the damages that their vermin caused. Killing someone's cat can become a fun way to also get the cat-owner's home if cat-owner tries to do anything about their dead vermin cat.  :-)

Hint: If some cat-licker is citing an example to try to prove that shooting their cat is illegal, they are most likely citing a true animal-cruelty case or someone violating firearms ordinances. The easy way to tell the difference is that there are no vets nor vet-bills involved in any legal shoot-to-kill case, nor any other extenuating inhumane or illegal-use-of firearms circumstances. Cat-lickers just love to lie, manipulate and deceive the world and everyone around them at every turn in their lives. They and their lives are just that sad and pathetic. Like that's any surprise. They have a cat for their only company, one which is even trying to get away from them daily -- that says it all.

The very same laws and principles that apply to killing animals for hunting also applies to cats. They're just another animal, they're not some sacred cow. The only other thing that you have to be aware of are your local firearms ordinances. If you live on land that is zoned as "residential" then you can probably only use air-rifles. All other lands can use firearms. This is also precisely why it is legal for any animal-control officer, animal-shelter employee, pest-control service, farmer, rancher, or anyone else to destroy any animal on their own premises or with the written-permission of the land-owner or animal-owner. (Regulated game-animals without a hunting-license or out-of-season and endangered-species being exempt.)

1. profile image52

btw: In case you or anyone are curious — the term that I use of “cat licker” is justifiably and accurately gleaned from the growing fad of people who are obsessed with cats and want to do everything possible to make themselves feel good at the expense of all that is reasonable and sane. They are now licking their cats clean. youtube . com / watch?v=p9xmiOxsTWg

It’s just another one of the many aberrant and mentally-ill behaviors of “cat lickers”.

I cannot, in all good conscience and honesty, EVER use the term “cat lover” again to describe these heartless and spineless cretins. People who love cats do not throw them under the wheels of moving cars, let them lap-up antifreeze in a gutter, being eaten from the inside-out by parasites, or force them to attack one another to fight for territory by letting their cats roam free. One of the main selling points of TNR: forcing their cats to fight, often to the death, for territory. Absolutely NO different than people who run criminal dog-fight rings to see who wins. Both just as guilty of animal abuse. There are many laws in place in every county of every state that make it a highly punishable crime to force ANY domesticated animals to fight each other for their very survival. And if VERY VERY lucky their cats will be humanely shot-to-death or trapped & drowned (common practice in all rural communities) -- as those are two of the MOST humane deaths that ANY of their cats will ever hope to meet one day. You are doing a HUGE favor to all cat-lickers, their cats, and all other life on earth by destroying their vermin cats for them as humanely as that.

“Cat Lover” is an extremely oxymoronic label. “Cat Licker” is the only one that accurately works today.

2. Live to Learn profile image60
        Live to Learnposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You appear to have a problem with cats. I'd be curious if you simply don't like them or if you have a neighbor who has way too many and they are a nuisance.

1. profile image52

I hate and despise criminally-negligent and criminally-irresponsible pet-owners, but I have never hated nor feared cats. In fact, when visiting friends who are responsible pet-owners with their own indoor cats, their cats will frequently jump up into my lap and want me to scratch their ears, which I don't mind at all. Though to be perfectly honest, I find all other animals on earth now far more worthy of my respect and admiration after what I've been through with cat-lickers and all their vermin pestilent cats. Even worms and slugs have more class and are worthy of more admiration and respect than cat-lickers and their vermin cats. I had to legally shoot and bury literally hundreds of these invasive-species vermin cats to stop them from gutting-alive and skinning-alive the last of the native wildlife on my lands. Apparently gutting-alive and skinning-alive animals with everyone's man-made vermin cats, tortured to death just for their cats' play-toys, no other reason, is perfectly acceptable to them because they're just a fantastic "animal-lover", right? And they have absolutely no problem throwing their cats into traffic, letting them lap-up antifreeze in any gutter, being decapitated by some predator, being eaten from the inside-out by parasites, or freezing to the pavement; because "they love cats" so much, right?

Claiming that everyone who doesn't believe as they do must therefore hate cats is just another red-herring tactic. Red-herring, the favored food of cat-lickers everywhere. They open a sopping dripping can of it every chance they get. When they can't refute the facts about them and their vermin cats they'll even drag in the kitchen sink and politics to sway topics away from their own criminal-negligence and criminal-irresponsibility. And especially when anyone is posting the 100%-solution to them and their vermin.

Destroying cats is neither hating cats nor a fear of cats.

Why do mentally-unbalanced and psychotic cat-advocates always presume that if someone is removing a highly destructive, deadly disease spreading, human-engineered invasive-species from the native habitat to restore it back into natural balance that they must hate that organism? Does someone who destroys Zebra Mussels, Kudzu, African Cichlids, Burmese Pythons, or any of the other myriad destructive invasive-species in the USA or elsewhere have some personal problem with that species? (Many of which are escaped PETS that don't even spread any harmful diseases, unlike cats.) Guess what happens to all those other non-native pets that became destructive invasive species? They are destroyed on-site by any means possible -- no questions asked -- none required. Their ignorance and blatant biases are revealed in declaring that people who destroy cats must somehow hate or fear cats. Nothing could be further from the truth.

It is people who let a destructive invasive-species roam free that tortures-to-death all the native wildlife, wasted for their cats' play-toys, that have zero respect for ALL life. They don't even care about their free-roaming cats dying a slow torturous death from exposure, animal attacks, diseases, starvation, dehydration, becoming road-kill, environmental poisons, etc., the way that ALL stray cats suffer to death. And if VERY VERY lucky their unwanted 100%-expendable invasive-species vermin cats will be humanely shot-to-death or trapped and drowned (common rural practice everywhere), for those are by far the MOST humane deaths that ANY of their stray cats will ever hope to have. They don't even respect their fellow human being let alone any other living things on this planet, they now deserve and get back exactly what they deserve -- ZERO respect and consideration in return. The way they torture cats and all our valuable native wildlife animals to death speaks more than volumes about their disgusting character. People like that should be locked up in prison for life for their cruelty to all animals, cruelty to their own cats as well as all the native wildlife that they let their cats skin alive or disembowel alive for their entertainment. If they let cats roam free they are violating every animal-abandonment, animal-neglect, animal-endangerment, and invasive-species law and environmental-protection-act in existence.

If people do hate cats today, have LEARNED to hate cats today, cat-owners have nobody but themselves and everyone just like them to blame. CAT-OWNERS are the reason people are now realizing that all excess cats must now be destroyed on-site and on-sight. They've done so much to make people care about their cats, haven't they. Even the cat-owners think of their cats having no more value than a piece of litter being blown down the street, everyone else thinks even less of their cats. If they want to do something about it, they can direct their sadly and sorely misplaced energies at those that are causing the problem, not at those who are actually solving it AND HAVE SOLVED IT 100% by hunting every last free-roaming cat in the area to extinction (or, more correctly, to extirpation in the case of these man-made cats) -- the ONLY method that works on an invasive-species vermin like cats that out-breed and out-adapt to ANY trapping method known to man.

THIS IS THEIR FAULT and THE FAULT OF EVERYONE JUST LIKE THEM. They have NOBODY but themselves to blame.

They can take that all the way to the very last shot-dead cat's grave.

You are aware too, aren't you, that out of ALL types of pet-owners on the face of this earth, that cat-owners and cat-advocates are directly responsible for the suffering deaths of more animals and more species of animals than any other pet-owners on the planet. CAT-OWNERS ARE A TRIPLE-THREAT TO ALL ANIMAL LIFE ON EARTH. If not having animals killed for their own consumption, then they are having animals killed and crammed into bags and cans and having a "CAT FOOD" label slapped on them for their cat's consumption, and if they let their cats outside then they are senselessly torturing billions of native animals and countless thousands of native species to death yearly just for their cats' play-toys. As well as the countless BILLIONS of offspring of all those animals that are either starved to death or never get born. How many animals are they going to have senselessly killed or tortured today for their entertainment and their purely and wholly self-serving "BUT CATS MAKE ME FEEL GOOD!!" values?

If their cat so much as touches one paw on my property, I guarantee you that I have the legal right no matter where I live to destroy their trespassing vermin cat for them. How many animals of theirs are going to have to permanently disappear before they finally learn their much-deserved lesson in how to be a responsible pet-owner and a respectable neighbor and human? 12? 15? (those being the average disappeared cats per cat-licker before they even begin to learn their much-deserved lesson at long-last) 200? The ones by me who were adopting cats from "barn cat programs" were uniquely cretinized and lobotomized. I had to shoot and bury many hundreds of their cats to stop them from gutting-alive and skinning-alive the last of the native wildlife on my lands before they started to learn. Yes, some of them are just that criminally-irresponsible and phenomenally stupid. Are the ones posting here that criminally-irresponsible and phenomenally stupid too? Probably!

Love 'em or lose 'em!

Bottom line: If you or they don't want to take care of their vermin cat in the manner that THEY see fit, then I guarantee you that I WILL take care of their cat in the manner that I see fit -- ONE TIME. And it only takes one time. See one, shoot one, A.S.A.P. Simple as that. (I lost count over 500.)

THEIR CHOICE!

If their free-roaming cat gets hurt or dies, NO MATTER HOW THEIR STRAY CAT GETS HURT OR DIES, THAT'S ***THEIR*** FAULT. Make NO mistake about that. And they can be charged with all laws that clearly define animal-neglect, animal-abandonment, and animal-endangerment -- not to mention every last national and international invasive-species law and environmental-protection-act on earth.

Do they actually love their vermin? Or are they just using it as a highly expendable animal-sacrifice to manipulate everyone in their life? I guess we'll find out when their piece-of-shîť vermin never comes home.

PSA: The time is now .... Half-Past Kill-Kitty O'Clock .... do you know where your piece-of-shîť , disease-infested, invasive species, ecological disaster, vermin cat is? If not, grab a shovel and I'll show you where its new "loving furever-home" is now.

1. Live to Learn profile image60

lol

1. profile image52

I love it when one of my 1-click prepared replies can elicit an entertainment reaction from any cat licker. Because, let's face it, no cat-licker on earth is worth more than any 1-click from anyone on earth today. Just like their cats aren't worth more than a 1-click on a rifle's trigger which is housing an on-close-out sale .22 for only $0.003 per bullet. No cat today will ever be worth more than that. In fact, many cat-advocates pay others to take their vermin cats (giving all cats a negative financial value) -- you can't even give them away anymore because the the market for them has been over-saturated for decades now. Maybe next time cat-lickers will be smart enough to choose a pet that doesn't overbreed and there will always be a market for them.

2. psycheskinner profile image84

I do know the law, and rather than play lawyer on the Internet I will just say--check with a lawyer in your state before deciding you can shoot an owned pet. And don't take advice from people with obviously highly extreme points of view who comes to rant about their odd feline oral fixation here despite never having written a hub.

I know several cases where pets were exterminated and the law was on the side of the landowner who would stand to lose if the animal was allowed to continue to wander onto their property unchecked.

I also know a kid who was found guilty for killing an animal; but they were simply home owners who felt their own pets were threatened by the presence of the other.

I am not playing lawyer. I am simply going by the outcomes of court cases I have been privy to.

I would not hesitate to exterminate an animal, pet or otherwise, if I felt that it was causing any danger to me, my family or my property. I don't believe in the wanton killing of an animal simply because we don't like that particular species but I do know that the cases I have seen tried would mean that my actions would be deemed legal.

2. profile image52

Someone claiming that they are a real lawyer on the internet is something only that only an extremely stupid person would do. This makes it self-evident that you don't have the mental capacity to be a real lawyer. And even if there was a remote chance that you were one, I hope any present and potential clients are reading your comments that clearly reveal AND PROVE that you know absolutely nothing about property, business, and animal law. There goes any hope of you keeping or running your troll's imaginary law practice.

Every ignorant troll on the internet instantly becomes the real and true "King of Siam" if they think it's going to make their ignorant comments more credible to the rest of the world.

45. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 8 years ago

"Cat-Licker" would be an excellent name for a band.

...yeah, that's all I got. Move along, please, nothing more to see here.

1. profile image0

Except this !.     You idiots who would kill another persons pets had better be very sure that's what you really want to do .  I for instance fully value  my pets higher than  the waste of human value that some of YOU are .My humble advice , learn to respect other peoples lives and loves or learn to look over your own shoulder .

That's really rather sad but explains a lot of your posts I've read on these forums.

2. profile image52

A self-evident, disrespectful, criminally-negligent, and sociopathic/psychopathic cat-licker spewed, "My humble advice , learn to respect other peoples lives and loves or learn to look over your own shoulder ."

Isn't it odd, that if you actually practiced your very own advice then you wouldn't have to ever worry about someone killing your own vermin. LOL

The hallmark of every last one of you useless cat-lickers on earth -- you are also a self-professed and self-evident sociopath/psychopath. You would much rather have any humans be hurt or even die (or ANY other life on earth suffer and die) than any of your disease-infested, invasive species, pestilent, vermin cats.

JUST so you can desperately try to feel good about yourselves and pretend to feel needed -- because nothing on earth needs nor wants you fools. Not even your cats need nor want you. That's why so many cats try to escape from their supervised confinement, outsmarting their owners. (Proving too that even their cats are smarter than you sociopathic cat-lickers.) It even proves that your cats are smart enough to know better and don't even want to be around people as phenomenally stupid and psychotic as their owners.

Here's another thing that you sociopathic cat-lickers never realize: Someone who will save the life of a deadly disease-infested vermin cat over that of the life of any human is not to be trusted by any other human alive on this planet. Not even you cat-lickers can trust your fellow cat-lickers to save each others' lives when it comes right down to it. Truth is, you'd even rather that your own family and friends die (if you have any) than any of your deadly disease-infested cats. Sociopaths and psychopaths, one and all -- right to your very cores.

This sociopathic cat-licker also spewed, "I for instance fully value  my pets higher than  the waste of human value that some of YOU are .

You "fully value" your pets? Really? LOL!!!!!

Throw some more of your 100%-expandable garbage-cats under the wheels of cars or let them lap-up antifreeze in a gutter or let them roam where they will be shot to death, then tell us all again how much that you "fully value" your pets. A free-roaming cat is proof-positive of someone that doesn't think their pet is worth more than some discarded litter blowing down the street to be ran-over by any car or disposed of in any trashcan by a more responsible and respectful person.

If all this isn't proof of a serious mentally-ill disconnect from reality then there are no other, nor better, examples of it anywhere in the known universe. Blame cats' Toxoplasma gondii parasites in your brain for permanently hijacking your ability to reason and think like a human anymore, then at least you'll have some other excuse for your own innate mental-illness.

46. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 8 years ago

Woodsman  , a professional forum shock jock huh ,      I notice your only hubpage presence is in offending just about anyone for free  . As a pet hater ,  Its a good thing  you don't live next door to me .   I have a cat and two dogs , none of which "run free "   , but  its true I love them more than a  sub- human like yourself .    I answered this  question  completely honestly and truthfully .   I believe you probably should acquire  a cat , it may make you actually more human .  You would instantly  feel just the way most pet owners actually do !     

That there is a value , loyalty , love and  devotion in pet animals  for their owners and visa-versa ,far above that capable of people like yourself .   That I know .    I am as humanist as the next guy but hurt my pets  and pay the consequences that you would truly deserve .

For just your advice , Not all pet owners are pacifists .

From some of the comments from pet owners on here, that doesn't seem very likely. It doesn't appear to have made them 'more human' unless more human means hating humans.

1. profile image0

Well , tell me this ?   Why is it that some  humans  can act so stupidly and inhuman  as to poison someone else's  pet ? I have seen  anti-freeze fed to dogs , I've seen hunters shoot a  dog running lose  in the woods    ,I've  seen  someone put new born kittens in a bran sack tie  it up and throw it into the river to watch them finally sink  , 

So tell me  again  ,  why is it wrong to  love a pet more than  these kinds of "human beings "?

I don't have a problem with it .

You watched all of that and didn't do anything to stop it?

1. profile image0

When I say I have seen means I've seen of it happening , not in person . The cowards and anti-freeze are too cowardly to say to someone , contain your pet ,  they'd rather act out cowardly , slinking around with  a dish of poison.   I still would  hurt someone  like that before I'd hurt a pet .  No problem !

I knew what you meant. It was simply funny the way you said it.

I will say that those who think they have the right to allow pets to roam free should accept that there will be those who find it to be a nuisance. We put a fence up for our dog when new people moved to our neighborhood. Not because we had to (there is no leash law in this area) but because we believed it was the right thing to do; to avoid bad relations. I have put up with my shoes being stolen repeatedly by a neighbor's dog, our flower beds being completely destroyed, being kept up at night by constant barking and any gentle comments requesting some restraint completely ignored; all while I am chastised when I let my dog out to run occasionally.

These people may not be killing anything other than their neighbor's good will; but, it will result in tirades such as we are witnessing in  this thread. I don't consider these people to be a waste of humanity, as you have accused. They are, often times, people pushed into inconsideration because of the inconsiderate attitude of some pet owners.

1. profile image0

And yet , you do not find someone who would poison a pet  cruel and inexcusably punishable   ?   My pets are contained in a fence when outside  ,  even the cat when we are out  is , when we come in he does too ! Our dogs never "run free " in the neighborhood , and yet they have offered loyalty beyond human comprehension and to think that one person would poison them or otherwise hurt them ? Well, let's just say  really gets me boiling .      Humanity is, or at least can be , extremely  cowardly  .

Once in the sixties when I was a kid  , maybe ten or twelve years old , a jogger  ran by our country home  , our friendly dog ran out to "greet him  " , and the man literally kicked him in the guts  sending him yelping back to our house  crying ,  I remember witnessing this through the window .  It made a lasting impression on me as to human behavior when there are no witness' around .  I do have a high opinion of the loyalties of our pets ,  considering that they cannot speak for themselves , I will for them .  Perhaps I've become a bit jaded by "humanity"  , but yea , I could hurt someone who could hurt a pet !     If they can hurt a dog like that , what do they or are they doing  to their wives and children ..... or yours ?                          And yet , I am the  cruel one ?

I didn't mean to imply you were the cruel one. All I was saying was that you were implying you could be just as violent as those you were railing against.

2. Melissa A Smith profile image95
        Melissa A Smithposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Spot on Live to Learn.

2. profile image52

<personal attack snipped>,

You are sorely out of touch with reality. I love pets. I even had many cats when young, and even more dogs as the years went on. Animals love me. The last 13 dogs that came to my door for help, all on their own, I kept until they died happy at a ripe old age. All were either injured, abused, or abandoned. The ASPCA told me to just keep the abused and abandoned ones. The injured I would take to emergency vet care, or give them vet care of my own. The local vet set me up with an emergency "vet kit" of sutures, clotting-agents, and injectable pain-meds due to so many animals coming to me for help. Those I would find the owners for I returned with the warning that if I found their animals in those conditions again I would see them put in jail for animal-neglect and animal-endangerment. One dog that was being starved and abused even dragged her 8 newborn pups here and pushed them through the doggy-door one afternoon. She was so starved she couldn't even make milk for her pups. I had never even seen this dog before. Later, after I nursed them all back to health, I found that dog had carried all 8 pups from a mile away (when I found the owner).

So, what is it you were saying about my not liking pets?

I love wildlife even more. I hand-raised many native animals that were starving to death due to cats destroying all of their only food sources. Fox, skunks, raccoons, opossum, all came to my door for help. A mother raccoon was so starved from cats having destroyed all its food that she dragged her two surviving cubs (they normally have litters of 4-9) right to my front door in the middle of the day. I nursed all 3 back to plump health. Some of the wild animals still visit a few times each year during whelping-season to show off their kids to me -- or more often I suspect, to just pawn-off their kids on me for an evening or two so the mother can get a much needed break from their rambunctious mini-monsters. Yes, these wild animals trust me so much with their own offspring that they even bring them here for me to watch over them for a day or night while the mother sleeps belly-up alongside me. Though I strongly suspect they bring their kids here after they are born to show their kids where they can come (and get a good scent of the place, and of me) if there is ever an emergency during their lives.

But if there's some criminally negligent cat-owner that is allowing their vermin cat to roam free to destroy native wildlife to cause all those problems like they did last time? THE CAT DIES. And that would be the fault of SOMEONE EXACTLY LIKE YOU.

I suggest you check yourself into some psych-ward and have yourself evaluated.

You need to get a hobby.  Other than being nasty to people and obsessing about cats, that is.

1. profile image52

I have a new hobby now.

Like I told someone just like you over six years ago who said the very same thing: I go away after every last one of your free-roaming vermin cats are dead and buried, and every last one of you planet-destroying vermin cat-lickers have stopped promoting the existence of your free-roaming invasive-species disease-infested vermin cats; no sooner, no later. Your choice!

I for one know that NO cat will EVER leave my lands and ever become a problem for anyone nor any other living thing on earth ever again. A cat so much as touching one paw to my lands is a one-way-trip for that cat, one that ends permanently that very day. If everyone else were to learn to be as respectful of their neighbor and all life on the planet and do the same then I'll never have to shoot cats again. Though I haven't seen even one cat in the whole area in over 6 years now, the eradication of them was that complete and effective. I no longer have to go out on cat-shooting patrol twice a day anymore. Now I have all the time in the world to educate everyone else in the world in how to completely rid their lives and lands of your destructive invasive-species vermin cats. Aren't you glad?

I just have to apply the very same relentless and concerted effort against cat-lickers as I once did their cats. I am being just as relentless now with online cat-lickers as I was in shooting their cats locally to be rid of every last one. Though I must admit, it is taking a little longer than the 2 seasons I spent shooting and burying every last one of your vermin cats for you. If all of you cat-lickers can eventually be stopped -- the global ecological disaster that YOU created (and are hellbent on perpetuating) will be solved worldwide. :-)

If your goal is to stop people keeping pet cats, well, good luck with that.  Maybe start you campaign to change hearts and minds by not calling people by juvenile names.

1. profile image52

Really? They're already poisoning all free-roaming cats and phasing-out the possession and ownership of them all throughout Australia and New Zealand.

YOU AND YOUR VERMIN CATS ARE NEXT.

Too bad that you useless and amoral cat-lickers never learned how to be responsible pet-owners -- having no more mental capability nor values than that of any 5-year-old. Since you've proved that you little cat-licking rug-rats can't keep a pet properly, now all your favored pets get destroyed by all the far more responsible adults around you.

YOUR FAULT.

LOL!!!!!!!!

47. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 8 years ago

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12777605.jpg

1. profile image52

Whereas I support putting-to-sleep every last cat-licker that is disrespectful to all their neighbors and their being disrespectful all other life on earth.

If your cats were only destroying invasive species (cats themselves being a noxious invasive species), then nobody would be complaining. But your vermin cats destroy anything that moves. Letting a cat roam free is absolutely no better and NO LESS CRIMINAL AND MORALLY REPREHENSIBLE than intentionally throwing rat-poison around on everyone's property to kill any living thing. Your man-made vermin cats are now driving hundreds if not thousands of species of native animals to EXTINCTION across the whole planet. Have you no conscience nor morality left?

Apparently gutting-alive and skinning-alive animals with everyone's vermin cats, tortured to death just for your cats' play-toys and YOUR entertainment, no other reason, is perfectly acceptable to you. Yeah, you're all fine upstanding "animal-lovers" who respect all other lives around you and all other life on earth, aren't you.

Are you not even aware that Toxoplasma gondii oocysts when dried (and still viable) become aerosolized and drift on the wind? You can contract potentially-deadly T. gondii just from a cat-owner's yard when it's not been raining for a week and you inhale any air that passes over their land.

Free-roaming cats and people improperly disposing of indoor-cats' cat-litter are actually killing-off hundreds of rare marine-mammal species, even rare whales and your beloved manatees, (countless numbers of individual rare animals) on coastlines of all the world. A global ecological disaster worse than any oil-spill that has ever existed or could even be imagined. There are now harsh fines in areas of California for anyone found dumping cat-litter illegally -- not in some environmentally-contained landfill. At least some of them "get it".

Birds are just a minor subset of all the thousands of native animal species (billions of individual animals) that cat-lickers (criminally irresponsible cat-advocates) are annihilating around the world with their man-made invasive species vermin cats.

Not only are these demented invasive-species house-cats-ONLY "animal lovers" now killing off all Big Cats in all wildlife reserves around the world:

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news … ral-strays

And for the ultimate example of absurdity and species-conservation irony, now making all moggie-licking residents of the UK (the inventors of that TNR insanity) the complete laughingstocks of the whole world, they've already made their ONE AND ONLY NATIVE CAT SPECIES EXTINCT in the UK with their invasive species "moggies":

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2 … extinction

"A report, produced by the Scottish Wildcat Association, reviewed 2,000 records of camera trap recordings, eyewitness reports and road kills, and concluded there may be only about 40 wildcats left in Scotland in the wild today. 'However you juggle the figures, it is hard to find anything positive,' says Steve Piper, the association's chairman. 'The overwhelming evidence is that the wildcat is going to be extinct within months.'" ... "However, it is not the loss of habitat that is causing the current cat crisis in the Cairngorms. It is the spread of the domestic cat." ... "'Essentially the Highland wildcat is being eradicated by an alien invasive species: the domestic cat.'" (report quoted from three years ago, they are no-doubt extinct by now)

As well as killing off all their inland River Otters in England (and elsewhere) with their cats' parasites:

http://www.wildlifeextra.com/go/news/ot … mosis.html

As well as cats' parasites killing off all rare and endangered marine mammals on all coastlines around the world (worse than any oil-spill that has ever existed or could even be imagined):

http://news.msn.com/science-technology/ … ne-mammals
      http://www.environmentalhealthnews.org/ … monk-seals

And these cat-licking "animal lover" psychopaths and sociopaths are also killing off all the Mountain Lions (Cougars, Puma, Endangered Florida Panther, etc.), and all other native cat species in North America:

http://rapidcityjournal.com/sports/loca … 905cb.html

But now these cat-lickers are even killing off rare whales and causing massive birth-defects in the indigenous Inuit people who depend on seal-meat for their very survival. Seals that were infected (and are also dying-off) from these cat-lickers' cats' parasites.

Cat parasite found in western Arctic Beluga deemed infectious

http://news.ubc.ca/2014/02/13/bigthaw/

Let's thank these psychotic bible-home-schooled cat-lickers for all the fine work they do for being such fantastic "animal lovers", shall we? THEY JUST LOVE CATS SO MUCH! So caring! So thoughtful! So intelligent! So FULL of love for living things! So much so that they will even sacrifice whole races of humans to death-by-birth-defect to prove how much they love their cats.

I'd love to thank them all, each with a gift of a solitary-confinement prison-cell -- FOR LIFE. Better yet, for their VAST ecological crimes and sins against all of nature and all of humanity, hanged-until-dead would be a far more fitting "gift" for them AND the whole planet. That used to be the punishment for engaging in bio-warfare against the human population and all other animal life in any country. I say bring it back -- special, just for them.

48. jessjader profile image82
    jessjaderposted 5 years ago

There is a product made by Nature's Miracle called Just For Cats Pet Block Cat Repellent Spray ($6.99 through Pet's Smart). I usually recommend this for people who want to keep their pets out of certain rooms or out of certain areas in the house but I do happen to know it works! You could take this and spray it around the fence bordering the two properties. It wont harm your cat but it will cause him/her to not want to go near the sprayed area. There is also Nature's Mace Cat Repellent sold on amazon for $21.95, this stuff again will not harm your animal but will deter him/her from going into your neighbors yard. Solving both your problems. Figured I would give you an actual suggestion instead of just continuing the rant that seems to be going on in this discussion.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)