Which movie moved you more than any other and why?

Jump to Last Post 51-80 of 80 discussions (103 posts)
  1. Maria C Gonzalez profile image60
    Maria C Gonzalezposted 14 years ago

The notebook

Love actually

What can I say? I'm a romantic.

2. profile image56
    Sunny Baldwinposted 14 years ago

Somewhere In Time because most of us would like to have a chance to return to or to find that one perfect love. The music was wonderful also.

3. Sandy Thorn profile image60
    Sandy Thornposted 14 years ago

The Color Purple:  I cry every time the sisters reunite in the field of purple flowers.

To Kill a Mockingbird:  I saw it when I was a child, before I read the book, and it made a huge impression on me.

Saving Private Ryan:  I came out of this movie with a new respect for what our men do in this world.

As Good As It Gets:  So many wounded characters, connecting in unexpected ways.

Rocky:  Totally played my emotions, and I loved it!

4. estranged911 profile image60
    estranged911posted 14 years ago

Here's my never ending list

Monster
    The Departed - Amazing direction.. fast going movie.
    Love song for Bobby Long - Loved the overall theme of the movie
    Death Proof - I'm just amazed how Quentin Tarantino manages to get a hold on you throughout the movie. I like the whole vintage theme he added in the movie

The Beach - One thing about Danny Boyle, he makes you chase your wildest dreams..he'll make you soar so high and then will bring you back to reality in a wisely subtle and harmless manner.
    Trainspotting - Same goes for this one also!

Spun - Mickey Rookie rocked it!!!

Before Sunrise & Before Sunset - both of these movies affected me in more than one ways.. If feel so connected to both these flicks. There is so much reality in the movie, it shows you how extraordinary things can happen in the most ordinary days and how tiny little incidents can change you and your life forever!

2 Days in Paris

The Wrestler
    The Fountain: A visual and spiritual treat!

5. topshelf profile image61
    topshelfposted 14 years ago

The Titanic. I cry everytime when it gets to the part where the water started to rise in the ship, and people were trying to escape, but only the women could get on the boats that dropped down into the ocean. Another sad part was how so many that was in the water froze to death.

6. garynina05 profile image60
    garynina05posted 14 years ago

The most touching movie I have ever seen would have to be:

"Passion of The Christ"
    This movie was more than touching, perhaps. It was heart wrenching and seemed as though I were there when they crucified Jesus. He did it "Just For Me".

1. drej2522 profile image70
      drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree, this was a very moving film...BUT...it's not something I would want to see again for a very long time. smile

7. NeverWanted2Dance profile image62
    NeverWanted2Danceposted 14 years ago

most touching movie "The Tracey Fragments" staring Ellen Page from "Hard Candy" and "Juno"

its very different and very real.

8. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Close Encounters of the Third Kind. A good Aliens meets Humans movie for a change.

9. goldenpath profile image66
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

Dune.  I like the storyline of a young man, troubled with his environment, finally finding a path from which he eventually becomes trapped by it.  His true liberation and answer from his plight resides not in his own life but rather in his son's. 

A perfect evening for me is to sit down on the couch with a mug of cocoa and enjoying a night of Dune.

10. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 14 years ago

recently saw the documentary "O My God" which was very moving and thought provoking but it still did not move me as much as "Its a Wonderful World" with Jimmy Stewart it always makes me cry like a baby - it has every good thing and represents Americans at their best!

11. fishtiger58 profile image69
    fishtiger58posted 14 years ago

Back in the 70s, Ali Mcgraw and Ryan O'Neal in Love Story.

12. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

a lot of movies move me but the one that stays in my head and deeply affected me is The Hurt Locker.

Into the Wild~

A Beautiful Mind~

Gladiator~

Lord of the Rings trilogy~

1. jdaviswrites profile image72
      jdaviswritesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A Beautiful Mind = brilliant. Left me thinking for days and day... Feeling sad for people like that, afraid to embrace life and appreciate its beauty.

13. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 14 years ago

This week I gotta go with 'Blind Side'.  Two reasons; its a true story,verifiably true as I know some of the people involved in the production, and the good guys win.  We don't see many films of compasion without ulterior motive attached. Great Thanksgiving movie!

14. kingbyname profile image60
    kingbynameposted 14 years ago

A lot of great choices.  Here are some more I think deserve a mention:

Imitation of Life
    The Piano
    A Short Film About Killing
    The Red Shoes
    In The Mood For Love
    Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

15. thirdmillenium profile image58
    thirdmilleniumposted 14 years ago

Well, it is "life is beautiful". Towards the end when the father dies, i almost cried

16. caravalhophoto profile image60
    caravalhophotoposted 14 years ago

Woman...thou art Loosed.

It reflected my life as a child and the statement about her mother choosing the Devil over the daughter she never knew...was right on.
    I thank God he gave me the strength to move forward and not end up like the character in this movie, but things could have been different.  This movie gave me strength somehow..

17. BEAUTYBABE profile image68
    BEAUTYBABEposted 14 years ago

I think the movie that has always been a favourite of mine would have to be "TITANIC".
    It is about a love that developed between a beautiful society woman and a young man looking to find his fortune on a ship. He has won the tickets to travel on this ship 'TITANIC'. He and the society lady, who is actually engaged to another, secretly meet and fall in love. The Titanic as we all know, does sink and the young man loses his life. After he freezes to death out in the sea. She survives and is rescued. The movie starts wth her as an old lady, who goes back to the ship wreck and relives the whole thing all over again. It is so romantic from the beginning to the end and I have watched it so many times I have lost just how many exactly. Kate Winslett and Leonardo De Cacaprio are the actors in it and they are brilliant. BB

18. topgunjager profile image59
    topgunjagerposted 14 years ago

the little mermaid

19. RNMSN profile image60
    RNMSNposted 14 years ago

A Town Like Alice...because it showed that regardless of how extreme and unliveable the circumstances, your mindset can bring you through to the end and further, into joy

20. shrek619 profile image59
    shrek619posted 14 years ago

Requiem for a dream shattered me.

1. jdaviswrites profile image72
      jdaviswritesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

false hopes and lost dreams. always inspiring.

21. bladebrown profile image60
    bladebrownposted 14 years ago

hi guys im new here the movie that moved me was i was young at the time is the champ it touches on alot of different issuses

1,gambling
    2,losing you kids
    3,prison,
    4,pain and happiness
    5,money lack of it
    6,a comeback
    ,7 and death
    but when you mix all that into a story line you got one great film it was a film that not only moved me but made me shed a tear the film is the champ , with jon voight

22. bladebrown profile image60
    bladebrownposted 14 years ago

here some other moves that moved me

1,city of angels
    2,what dreams may come
    3.7 pounds
    4,one flew over the cookoos nest
    5,million dollar baby

23. Black Lilly profile image61
    Black Lillyposted 14 years ago

The Green Mile.

Don't know why, but it really did something to me.

24. ladyonthemirror profile image60
    ladyonthemirrorposted 14 years ago

1.Gladiator
    2.Troy
    3.The legend of the fall
    4. The pride and Pejudice (it's beautiful and romantic movie)
    5. Atonement, the ending of the movie made me cry
    6. The last Samurai

25. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

Somewhere in Time

26. BEAUTYBABE profile image68
    BEAUTYBABEposted 14 years ago

I would have to say the movie that has moved me more than any other is "Titanic".
    I loved this movie because it was a true story which depicted how the "Titanic", a beautiful big Cruise Ship, had left shore with over 2,000 people on board on its way to America. The story starts with an elderly lady going back in her mind to the "Titanic", where she had been a passenger, who had been drawn by a young man, who had won his passage on the liner, after a lucky poker hand win.   Tragically,the ship hits a large iceberg on her travels, causing the  passengers to be thrown into turmoil when they are told to get into lifeboats, the number of which is less than is needed and many of the passengers are not saved, including the young man, who by this time has fallen very much in love with the beautiful woman. Unlike her, he doesn't survive and she is left lying in the water on a piece of drift wood until she is rescued by one of the rescue boats, and that is why she is able to take them back to "Titanic" The woman eventually passes away in her sleep, only to meet up with her true love once again, where, of course on the "Titanic". Just so romantic, yet so vey tragic also.  BB

27. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 14 years ago

---"Leaving Las Vegas". It shaked me to the core. I've been married to alcoholic, I know the desperation when you are trying to save the beautiful and bright soul and cannot do it. I would never watch it again though, too hard. You relive everything again, it's unbearable.

28. dohn121 profile image81
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

Braveheart has got to be in my Top 5.  Also appropriate for this time of year is, "It's a Wonderful Life."  Frank Capra is amazing.

29. jdaviswrites profile image72
    jdaviswritesposted 14 years ago

I would have to agree with MonsterMuncher, the person who started this thread. Although it's a toss-up between that (Into the Wild) and The Beach. Similar meaning behind each of the plots I guess, and equally inspiring.
    "Never refuse and invitation,
    never resist the unfamilar,
    never fail to be polite,
    and never outstay your welcome.
    Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience,
    and if it hurts, it's probably worth it."

30. bojanglesk8 profile image59
    bojanglesk8posted 14 years ago

Taxi Driver cuz Bickle is a true inspiration.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)