Dont hate me because I'm beautiful? Dont hate me because Im not?

Jump to Last Post 1-45 of 45 discussions (197 posts)
  1. H.C Porter profile image80
    H.C Porterposted 14 years ago

Do people really dislike others based on appearance? Do we pass judgment and pass over the opportunity to know someone because of their physical appearance? I’m not just referring to people we view as unattractive I’m also speaking of the people that we consider attractive. Is an attractive person penalized for being physically attractive just as often as an unattractive person?

1. profile image0
      elliot.dunnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

people are definitely treated differently because of appearance.  especially when it comes to relationships.  i think all relationships begin with a sense of infatuation - you are physically attracted to someone, so you pursue them.  you can't fall in love with a person solely based on appearance but there's a reason that Joe decided to go after the cheerleader and not the chess club girl...

2. Jery profile image60
      Jeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would answer yes, people (some people) dislike others based on their looks alone.

Yes, some people will pass over the opportunity to know someone just because of their appearance.

And, no I don't think a physically attractive person is penalized at all, I think attractiveness actually opens doors for those lucky people all the time. It's a real asset in my view.

Here is a somewhat crude example, but true none-the-less:

A guy is in a bar and has two women hitting on him, one a very attractive blond with nice parts all in the right places, and the other is a very homely woman who is flat chested, who does he choose to get to know better? Could he be basing his decision on looks alone?

H.C Porterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So you don’t think that an ugly fat girl who comes in contact with a well proportioned girl- won’t penalize her? For example- There are 2 women being interviewed for a job- equally qualified one attractive the other is a little over weight and has a mustache-and horrible teeth. The interviewer is 100lbs over weight and was picked on by pretty people all through school...Who do you think will be offered the job???

1. profile image0
          Scott.Lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well in that case you have a point but in general I think it pays to be fit and attractive. That's the way of nature.

2. megs78 profile image59
          megs78posted 14 years agoin reply to this

there has already been extensive research done on this subject and unfortunately, its true.  attractive people are treated better, get jobs first, and in some cases make a lot more money.  sad, but true.

1. Misha profile image64
            Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sad if you consider yourself not attractive. Reconsider, it's a lie. smile

1. Jery profile image60

I agree with Misha, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and that would include you. When you look at yourself in the mirror think good positive thoughts about your appearance, shoo the negative thoughts out of your mind. As far as I'm concerned everybody is beautiful in more ways than one.
              Physical beauty is very fleeting, it can be gone in an instant!

3. profile image0
      L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think we need a certain level of comfort to be able to function. If you think someone is ugly then you pass over the chance - if you think someone is beautiful then you are too nervous and pass over the chance.

Swings and roundabouts really...

4. ScarletRyan1970 profile image61
      ScarletRyan1970posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pretty and Beautiful people are great liers.
      Ugly people are genuine and honest.

Scarlet.

1. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yikes I have beautiful friends that are great persons and I know some people  that are ugly and mean
        Maybe you don't know much about life ? yikes

1. ScarletRyan1970 profile image61

I know heaps about life and if ugly people were mean to you,You must of being a real B..ch to them with your patronizing friends.And no i am not an Ugly person i am a very beautiful human being both inside and out.

Lol Scarlet.

1. wyanjen profile image69
            wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's an ugly thing to say, for a beautiful person...

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
                rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think we've found a partner for maximus! it sounds like him and miss scarlet would get along just fine. big_smile

2. profile image0
            Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

With a comment like that Scarlet...shows me that you aren't a beautiful person inside. No beautiful person would respond so rudely like that to another person!

'Live in the real World Doll.
                Welcome to the Rude world. '
                I never said those words. You put them there on purpose i think scarlett !
                lol you make me laugh ! lol lol

1. profile image0

Love how she just requotes what I said saying nothing in response?

3. H.C Porter profile image80

for someone who knows heaps about life-that was an extremely rude and unjustifiable assumption-not to mention an ugly response to another human being. No matter what the wrapping paper looks like-its what beauty lies within...

1. profile image0

Amen H.C!

2. tantrum profile image60

thanks H C Potter ! smile

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

People passed judgement on me all the time when I was younger...because I wore glasses and I'm weird. But hey I wear contacts now, I'm married to a great guy, have the best of friends, and I am using my weirdness to write stories and make something out of myself. So I forgive them for their insults and alienating me when I was a kid. smile

But I myself don't pass judegment because I know how it feels.

3. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

We all have our own crosses to bear, no one gets away with anything.

4. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

I don;t hate anybody, but if you expect me to equally like a pretty nice looking young girl and fat nasty old guy, you are out of luck smile

1. Flightkeeper profile image66
      Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Misha we already knew you were a dirty old man.

5. Flightkeeper profile image66

lol

1. Misha profile image64

Oh, you are sooooo close to truth sad

6. H.C Porter profile image80

What about the ugly duckling syndrom... When the chess club geek becomes the head cheerleader? Does it make people rethink things? Are people such as that more drawn to the outcasts in us all or do they transform into one of those jerks that use to cut them down and belittle them?

Someone told me once-and it really pissed me off that if you are unattractive you have to be overly caring and nice, or you will never have a friend... But if you are fortunate to be physically beautiful you get away with more and have wiggle room to be a b*tch---because you are hot and people will put up with ill behavior from a hot girl. But a mean ugly girl---will never have a friend... Does anyone think this is true? I think it is wrong but not sure if it is true or not?

1. Misha profile image64

Life is not fair, at least not in that sense. However, if you consider what a hell of a life those valuing only physical attractiveness usually put themselves in, life becomes fair smile

karma can come back and bite u in the butt-cant it? smile

2. rebekahELLE profile image85

I wonder how long it will take for maximus to find this thread. wink

I think everyone whether physically beautiful or 'ugly' has to figure out how they project themselves to the world.  I've looked at really beautiful women before and saw 'emptiness'.
      and saw beauty in someone not so genetically blessed in the beauty department.

3. Jery profile image60

Yes I do.

It's true and it sucks because I am not attractive OR overly caring. lol
        I won't change who I am to compensate what I look like.
        CW: Are you getting ready for your adventure?

1. profile image0

I'm ready! Kinda...sorta....lmao

Well I'll say again: good luck. It's an awesome thing to do wink

7. profile image0
    Scott.Lifeposted 14 years ago

Every woman I've ever approached was attractive to me. Is this fair, probably not. But I want someone attractive. Do I judge people by how they look. Not really but I do decide what is attractive to me personally by how someone looks. I am often amused by online dating sights where women hit up the good looking attractive guys, but are appalled when men are mostly interested in the same in women.If its okay for you as a woman to not want a fat lazy unattractive man, why is it considered shallow for me to want a woman that weighs less then I do? Besides the fact that it may mean she has confidence, self-respect, and is outgoing, I could see how those things would be negatives for me.

8. profile image0

But there are hope for those who are what some consider "ugly"...look at me I'm not that pertty and yet I've found a man to complete me. I love him and he loves me completely.

Shut up you are not ugly! You're pretty and you're just trying to get compliments. Shame on you.

1. profile image0

No I'm not trying to get compliments...I am stating a fact I am not that pretty and I still found happiness.

Well then, you're a living example of karma's a bitch!

1. profile image0

I am?

2. Misha profile image64

LOL You ARE pretty! Your previous pic was just gorgeous. smile

1. Misha profile image64

LOL You are quite pretty yourself smile

Thanks ! big_smile
                but don't flirt with me . lol

1. Misha profile image64

Why? yikes

I flirt with every women around smile

I'M NOT EVERY WOMAN AROUND !

3. drej2522 profile image69
          drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Crazdwriter does seem to be a bit wacky! I like it! Then again, I believe in order to be a good writer you have to be weird and somewhat nuts!...who wants to be 'normal' anyway?

1. profile image0

I'm not wacky...it is just who I am..I do not believe myself pretty

1. drej2522 profile image69

oh, i was putting wacky and weird in the same category. sorry there.

1. profile image0

lol drej get it right I'm werid not whacky hehehe you silly!

2. H.C Porter profile image80

perfectly flawed in each and every way smile....

3. ScarletRyan1970 profile image61

Nuts and Ugly make good writers.Ah ah ah.
            Amen for that.And you need a man to make you feel good about yourself.
            Jesus
            i've heard it all tonight.

Scarlet.

Scarlet.

How bitter and shallow is your life, that make you say so rude and nasty things. It shows you're not a happy person ! sad

2. profile image0

At least I don't hide behind a fake picture and I am married to man who loves me for who I am and thinks I am sexy. What is your deal, Scarlet?

My deal my dear is, that i have three men on the go,Not all at once though as they would be devasted if they found out that i was in Love with three beautiful men at the same time.
                I just could'nt bear to wake up to the same boring face for the rest of my life.
                Why i am never bored.Life is too short and this my dear is no rehersal in life.
                I am very happy that your husband thinks you are sexy.Does he think you are sexy or does he believe you are sexy.There is a difference my dear.

Lol Scarlet.

darling--if you want to keep passing stereotypes-as you are assumptions on peoples character based on their passion for writing...Your ignorance perfectly matches the bitterness you have within.
              i do not consider myself ugly-i do enjoy expressing myself in my writing-Im not an idiot-nor am i a b*tch (most days)-and i dont need a man to make me whole(i just like having his cute butt there to open the mayo jar and take out the trash smile )...

Maybe you need a bit of a nap-your rationalization seems a little clouded to me? Or maybe you need a man ;O

2. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're great looking but you look like you hit. I already have one of those.

1. profile image0

dammit sneak how did you know that about me? lol my husband and I are always getting into play fights like that hehehe

Oh and your chair is comfy too lol

1. profile image0

I do pester my wife, the poor woman, and she loves to play fight! Although she has said from the first date she could kick my butt if she really wanted to! I just tell her to, "Sit down pip-squeak!" and it's on again!

You obviously love your guy and enjoy flirting with him.

1. profile image0

I still get butterflies in my stomach when I am around him...and yes I love flirting with him.and even more like teasing him hehehe

1. profile image0

Thats awesome!smile

growing up i was the geek in the corner with braces/no upper body/ glasses/ uncontrolled red hair and my mother wouldnt let me shave until I was 16...LOL... But i never doubted when people were my friends-why they were. And i always new i earned what I had...

I grew into my looks-learned to control the hair/lost the medal gear in my mouth/ discovered contacts---and although i developed somewhat late in comparison to others/I got the boobs...
      I interviewed for a job with a male supervisor/ i got the job...not even 2 months later-i found out why i got the job-it wasnt because i was qualified/its because i was 'layable'-i ended up telling my supervisor to leave me the hell alone and go home to his pregnant wife...i was fired 3 weeks later. and that is not the first time i have been in a situation at a job that makes me feel and think-is that all that anyone will ever hire me for...none of them bother to look at my portfolio or even my eyes during the interview... wish i was the geek in the corner again...smile

Another living example of karma's a bitch.

By the way, not to be rude but...shut up we should all have your problems!

lol...okay, but only once i find a job big_smile

HC, bring a tape recorder or if your phone has a voice recorder use that on the next situation some jerk tries to take advantage of you.  Use it to sue his dumb ass and the company.

how about text messages and IM of the drunken jerk putting in writing all that he thinks when he thinks of me...
              all it got me was a pissed off husband after he picked up my phone to see text messages at 2am-and the assurance of unemployment which pissed him off and he called Child Protective Services on me- causing an investigation after he accused me of being a doped up drug pushing mother... now that the investigation is over- i am trying to find a lawyer to give me my options... i hope his karma stings when it comes back to him...

Sorry to hear that your husband blames you HC because that seems terribly unfair.

My husband chilled out after i explained everything-
                  now we are just upset with my ex-employer calling CPS on me and since we are married on my husband...

1. profile image0

ooo I see karma really biting him in the arse! and I hope it does it soon.

2. Misha profile image64

Your husband called them on you?

god no... if he did-he would no longer be my husband...lol

1. Misha profile image64

That's quite a relief LOL

Since you have a good backing, you can weather it smile

2. H.C Porter profile image80

it was a scary situation having CPS and the police showing up on your door step on a Saturday afternoon...Looking at your children-at your home-and giving you a on the spot drug test after an hour of questions... I would not do that to anyone. I feel as if he (my ex boss) was trying to take my children from me-and 1 completely bogus complaint could impact our lives that way... but when they found no drugs in the home and none in our systems...the case was closed. but i still believe he needs to own up and take responsibility for filing a false report...

2. profile image0

You learned to control your hair? dang it...I still need to learn that aspect lmao

And I am sorry that you went through that kind of crap with a supervisor. No one should have to deal with that kind of harressment.

3. Misha profile image64

LOL You have a strategic advantage - use it and enjoy it! smile

Just make sure that you like those who hire you and they don't have pregnant wives or girlfriends wink

9. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Maybe it depends on what your objectives are with that person, for a friend, anything goes,good looking or not,as long as they are nice and all,  but for a partner, at first you might be memerized by good looks but how about the character,the relationship might not last, so for a partner beauty and good character is more ok, added bonus, but dont have the mistake of just choosing because of physical characteristics.

When I was younger, i have used my beauty to get away with some privileges and attention, but it is just shallow thing. I realized that you can olny fool people for a short period of time...nothing compared to a beuatiful character, but if you have both it is alright.

10. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

My son's a great looking guy but if he's in my chair, I hate him! So I jump him and I tickle him till he screams for his Mom! I don't care if your pretty or handsome, stay out of my chair! Grrrrrrrr!

1. profile image0

LMAO *sits in your chair*

11. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

lolol, he looks like the daddy...

12. Flightkeeper profile image66

Tantrum and Misha sitting on a tree...

lol

lol lol

2. profile image0

lol

3. profile image0
      Linda Myshrallposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now, THAT was funny!

13. profile image0

You and me both H.C....stupid job market sad

14. profile image0

okay I have to ask Flightkeeper where did you get your pic..it is soooo cool! I loved watching the Munsters!

Google images, search for lily munster, filter for reusable. EZ PZ

1. profile image0

sweet! I miss that TV show sad a lot of the new ones suck lol

There will always be The Munsters reruns somewhere on the chanel.  I thought the coolest thing about that show was Spot under the stairs. He would have come in handy from time to time.

1. profile image0

Oh yea I agree there Spot would be a great pet to have around smile we can feed the spammers to him lol

15. profile image0

At that point I would drag in the pregnant wife and tell her what was going on

16. profile image0
    Star Witnessposted 14 years ago

Actually, the research follows that the more attractive you are, the better things are for you...jobs and other things are always more easily within reach.  Up to a certain point.  People who are considered 'too' good looking also run across something I'd call the intimidation factor.  (This according to those studies someone referenced.)

And anyway, I think all of us know things are more complicated than a simple duality.  IE, yes it is true that women have an issue with 'the pretty girl' sometimes.  And no, she really has no wriggle room to be nasty among those women.  If she has a couple flaws, too, perhaps, you can bet those same women are on them like the plague.

Straight men of course think being physically appealing is very important...I've noticed this especially, however, among men who are not considered traditionally attractive themselves.  Seems like they also then place the beauty quotient on women.  Which is kind of weird...like having an attractive woman is to make up for their lack of attractiveness somehow.  Some women (especially the less self-assured ones) fall for it, especially if they value $$ and the man has that.  Most women who value their own satisfaction do not got for it.

I've seen situations where overweight and unattractive was the norm, and everything is easier for those people.  Game theory (A Beautiful Mind), even proposed that although everybody wants the gorgeous blonde (supposedly), people choose someone they don't think will reject them...  And though I don't really necessarily believe that...there are huge and varying factors in preferences of any sort.  For instance, intelligence and expression there of--in appearance and demeanor--may be paramount for some.  Relatively unattractive and/or overweight people who have style and are neat, clean and competent I think are always judged better than sloppy, stupid and not-so-bright physically attractive people.  At least at a certain professional job level.

Oh, so that explains Maximus.

1. profile image0
        Star Witnessposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol  He's a head case, poor boy.  Believes every stereotype ever told him.

I couldn't understand it. He reminded me of the awkward but somewhat smart geek guy in high school who had poor social skills and then just got creepier all through college.  But he knew how to stir us women up!

1. profile image0
            Star Witnessposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think on purpose, wink.  Doubt that is really even his photo...but who knows.  He reminded me of the one guy from Friends, truly.  What was his name again..?

I think he stirred women up because such guys DO exist.  Luckily, better ones, do, too.  lol

Thank goodness smile

17. zadrobi profile image60
    zadrobiposted 14 years ago

Silly capricious women hehehe

18. Flightkeeper profile image66

Don't worry Zach, you are definitely one of the better ones!

19. zadrobi profile image60

Thank you, FK smile

20. zadrobi profile image60

People are people. Amen.

21. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

He-he, we got a new troll smile

yeah! Isn't she cute ? big_smile

1. Misha profile image64

Oh, I loved the movie, it is so romantic smile

2. zadrobi profile image60
      zadrobiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wonder what it costs to pass the bridge

1. Misha profile image64

Arm and leg I guess wink

1. profile image0

I am so not giving her mine thank you!

3. rebekahELLE profile image85

trolls are from ireland lol

1. Beth100 profile image70
        Beth100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

But I think she missed her bus....  lol

she fell off the bridge lol lol

lol lol Poor troll !

2. Beth100 profile image70

Maybe she met the Billy Goats!  lol lol lmao

2. profile image0

Hmmm...if there are ppl like that hanging out in Ireland maybe I don't want to visit after all lol

Irish people are very nice. Maybe she was born with flaws big_smile

1. profile image0

this is true Tantrum lol very true...hopefully by the time I save up money and hubby and i can go on our honeymoon to Ireland she'll be gone!

2. Beth100 profile image70

Hope the mold was broken (or is that mould???)  lol

22. profile image0

And to think I welcomed her here back when she was more of a nebwie. Wow! And then she goes and attacks me. can someone take the knife out of my back please?

It's an ilusion crazd ! she hasn't the power !! big_smile

1. profile image0

Phew! Glad to know that Tantrum glad to know that!

23. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Oh girls, if you continue in this vein, this thread is guaranteed to be closed smile

1. profile image0

She started it lol

Yes! Enough of her ! She's not that important ! lol

3. Beth100 profile image70

You are correct Misha.  I'd better back off or I'll be banned for a few days...can't have that!  Nice reminder.  Thank you.

4. rebekahELLE profile image85

oh, we're done misha, she was just really rude, nothing we said was as rude as she has been tonight.

i need to finish cleaning the kitchen and go to bed
      good night all.  smile

1. profile image0

Good night rebekah chat with ya later.

24. zadrobi profile image60

Yeah... she's long since absconded to whence she came.

lol

25. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

IGNORE HER !

1. Misha profile image64

Sound advice. Don't feed the trolls smile

And don't feed the Lessies.

Lol Scarlet.

2. profile image0

HEAR HEAR!

n-e-ways...how is everyone else doing this fine evening?

Peachy!

1. profile image0

Good to hear drej...anything exciting going down this weekend?

I'm sure I'll be dressing up as something this year. I was a member of the Fantastic 4 last year! You?

1. profile image0

Dressing up as I always do. I will always dress up until I die big_smile and the pic I have up is who I am going to be again this year... The Brat by Amy Brown my all time FAV artist!

last time i dressed up-was three years ago---i conceived my son that night...LOL---damn that costume...J/K LMAO...

1. profile image0

lol bad costume bad...you did throw that one away right? lol

3. ScarletRyan1970 profile image61

Why I'D Rather be a troll..ey Dolley
        Than a Yanky Doodle with no brain of their own.
        Comform and be dull!You are like sheep that have to follow each other around in a herd.
        Goodnight and Love you all

Lol Scarlet xxx

you are a silly, sad predictable woman

Who is MAX?
            I would be very grateful if you guys and girls could
            direct me in his direction.
            Why Thankyou.

Scarlet.

26. wyanjen profile image69
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

good lord

27. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Just fine thank you. Trying to decide whether to do dished right now, or half an hour later big_smile

28. profile image0

or maybe tomorrow? lol

29. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Nah, my wife gets up way earlier than me, I don't have tomorrow option. smile

1. profile image0

well then do them quickly right now and get it over with big_smile

1. Misha profile image64

The problem is - I am a kind of guy who always pushes any job to the last moment lol

1. profile image0

HAHA you sound like me Misha I do the same thing

procrastination...love it! hate it! it's that kind of relationship with me!

1. profile image0

Hopefully it won't want to befriend me next month when I write the novel in a month. eek! lol

30. H.C Porter profile image80

Ive only been on HubPages a week---but Im just wondering if the comments such as the ones that have come from Max and Scarlet are as pretty typical-LOL...

1. profile image0

Typical...not really. we actaully have NICE people on here. I have no idea where they came from but In my 3 months they have yet been the rudest of the rude bunch!

Glad i could witness the behavior...LOL

You won't get it worse than that big_smile

You better ignore them ! They feed on the answers. that's all the life they have big_smile

Lol ! Pretty typical from that kind of hubbers ! lol

3. wyanjen profile image69

They pop in, and then pop back out again...lol

31. H.C Porter profile image80

Scarlet---Take a Midol and chill out...no need for nastiness..

32. wyanjen profile image69

I have to laugh when I see that - troll

In Michigan, if you live in the Lower Peninsula, you are called a troll because you live under the (Mackinaw) bridge.

So I am always calling myself a troll lol

Thanks for the fan mail--and the welcome ;D

You're welcome. Your hubs look very interesting, I will be checking them out. When it's not so late LOL

33. quietnessandtrust profile image61
    quietnessandtrustposted 14 years ago

For a minute there I thought I was in the religious forum lol

Good fights in here to. lol

Anyplace Tantrum is....tantrums happen. lol

So carry on now mates

lol lol I'm done now, quietness ! lol

34. profile image0

lol lol lol nice H.C nice! by the way what was it?

LOL-- I was dressed up to be an Angel-the costume was a form fitted white vinyl skirt/corset thing...white fishnets...white ankle boots and wings to complete the illusion. LMAO

it was one of those nights that you know you are looking good and let off that "im one sexy b*tch" vibe for all to notice. Would have been great if I didnt end up knocked up and hung over after wards smile

35. profile image0

Very nice H.C very nice...I think it's time you start dressing up again smile It's not Halloween unless you dress up lol

you are correct--Hmmm-- for halloween its traditional to be something scary or something that is polar opposite from what your personality is?

1. profile image0

Naw be whatever you want to be...I'm going to be something that speaks volumes of a part of my personality lol

not sure what to throw together...Guess i might be dusting off the ol Angel get up after all...LOL...  Been putting together my son and daughters costumes for what feels like the past month... Cross eyed with the needle and thread-so not about ready to make something new for myself...LOL

36. profile image0

Angel it is! What are you making for your son and daughter?

She is a fairy- she is only one and is a saucy little b*tch already, she had preference to which shoes to wear-and let me know what she thought of my choice... (LOVE IT)and he is a scare crow (he saw one on TV and kept nagging me about it--LOL)

1. profile image0

only 1 and acts like that already? Oh My dear I will definitely be praying hard for you when she hits her teen years LMAO

and hey we'll be fairies together yay hehehe
        and how cute a scarecrow. I hope you'll post pics in a hub after Halloween big_smile

I will, without a doubt---any reason to show off the munchkins

37. wyanjen profile image69

CW - you do not think you are pretty.
    So I think you are honest. Altho you are pretty to us.
    May I put my real face up?
    It is bleecchh but I cant tell if is just the pic or my weirdly shaped head

1. profile image0

wyanjen you picture is just fine! You have a wonderful smile and eyes full of life that would make anyone smile. I smiled looking at your picture.

awww. Thanks. I took it off after a couple weeks, thought I was scaring away the customers.
        I'm shy of the camera, so this is the only shot I have of me.
        You are sweet, thanks

1. profile image0

I'm shy of the camera too but everyone pushes me in front of it and makes me take pics. I say the camera can catch your true feelings so if you look closely to mine sometimes you can see my emotions. In this one I am playing bratty smile

38. H.C Porter profile image80

Good Night All... I have some very non important things that I could probably put off-but would rather just get done while there is silence in my home...

39. drej2522 profile image69
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

good night, H.C...Love you...I mean, what?

LMAO---nite

40. drej2522 profile image69

Crazdwriter: what's your book about anyway?

1. profile image0

Stuff! lol sorry couldn't resist I'm a smartass i'm afraid. It is a young adult story based on a high school in California that charades as a regular school but it isn't...it is a school that teaches teens to become demon hunters.

lovely school...that DOES sound interesting. It's a good genre to tap into right about now.

1. profile image0

It seriously came to me in a dream...I dreamt up one scene and it was great...I hope that I get to dream more of it soon. smile

41. profile image0

Good night H.C chat with you later and yea get the stuff done now so it isn't bugging you lol

42. drej2522 profile image69

i heard they are usually the best source...dreams that is

43. profile image0

They are...I never really paid attention to my dreams thinking them weird and all..but when I took Writing Seminar in HS and had to keep a dream journal I was like OOO OOo I can write about that...or that...and that too. I still keep a dream journal to this day big_smile

44. drej2522 profile image69

hmmm, maybe I should start doing that...I always forget my dreams.

45. profile image0

Well try it out...find a journal that you like, put it beside your bed with a pen and when you wake up write what you do remember

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)