Why do you deserve to enjoy life?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (56 posts)
  1. sa282h profile image59
    sa282hposted 14 years ago

Why do you deserve to enjoy the pleasures you've enjoyed in life when you mock the literalness of scripture, even ignoring it, such as these passages about Jesus, concerning his return to earth to take over the throne of the world after slaughtering everyone:

"And the armies which were in heaven followed him (Jesus) upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

"And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword;

"And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

"That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great." (Revelation 19:14-18)

Concurrent with this: "and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever."

So with VIOLENCE Jesus reclaims the earth from the Devil and his heathen children, the Devil who now owns the world:

"[5] And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
    [6] And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
    [7] If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine." (Luke 4)

Here is some more passages about the Lord after he returns:

"Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little."

"Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure."

"Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel. (Psalms 2:12,5,9)

And one last verse solidifying Jesus's right to the throne of the world with strict judgment, which he was forbidden to do by his persecutors:

"And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron:" (Revelation 12:5)

Ignorant christians ignorant of these passages have built a totally different kind of Christ in their own image, who doesn't get upset as much as the real Christ. They are unaware that the meek lamb approach was temporary for his sacrifice, to be followed by the LION approach, as per Revelation and the Old Testament prophets mentioning the day of his wrath.

So, I'm asking you, for what reason do you deserve to enjoy all the pleasures you've enjoyed in life, when you constantly ignore the facts of scripture and accuse it of 'translation error' or 'falliability'? Yet you receive carnal delight after carnal delight, and I wonder...from who?  Remember who owns this world?

Rhymes with Satan.

Just remember..

When you feel the realness of your partner's flesh, it is just as real as God's judgment.

1. cheaptrick profile image74
      cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

WOW,Did you say"Literal"?Reread your bible Bro cause i can't find even one instance where Christ said anything strait out,he was great at Parables,Metaphors,analogies,etc but never Literal,Never.Abraham almost killed his son(human sacrifice),eating the flesh of humans or Christ himself(Cannibalism).If thats literal then Christianity is a very dangerous Religion. If we eat every body who the Hell is going to feed Gods EGO(He requires us to Worship him).Also,What happened to him that there was this Great change in his demeanor from the Old to the NEW TESTEMENT?Did he go to Anger Management?did having a son mellow him out?It doesn't make sense that God would create all these people tell them I love you,I love you,I love you but most of you are going to Hell where you will suffer for eternity,But i love you!Religions that control people through Fear and Guilt have signed there own Death Warrant...peace...

sa282hposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Try reading my forum post: "Jesus didn't kick it with sinners," in the Christianity forum.

1. profile image0
          Scott.Lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Try taking this to a hub, you could have wrote five by now. What is with you dude?

2. Paraglider profile image89
      Paragliderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

First - your way of addressing people is gratuitously unpleasant. Until you change that, no-one will give you repect.

Second - there is nothing wrong with pleasure, provided it is not taken at someone else's expense. However, your barely concealed lascivious drooling over the thought of my "partner's flesh" betrays a great deal about you. The beam is still firmly lodged in your eye, my friend.

Okay, first, you ARE taking pleasure at others' expense, by subjecting them to a Satanic world where people are born blind and paralyzed because everyone has refused to follow the laws written in Leviticus, Deutoronomy, and the rest of the Old Testament, which were health and life, God having delivered the world to the devil after wholesale rejection of his laws, you taking guiltless pleasure with your spouse endlessly as if nothing is wrong and unfair. Yes the bible says God delivered the world to the devil (Luke 4).  Satanic prick. God will never let you get away with your wickedness, and neither can today's useless Christians be counted on to tell you this truth. Better to hear God's judgment now than on judgment day.

1. Paraglider profile image89

Safe in your bedroom you may call me a 'satanic prick' with impunity. But do you think such vileness reflects well on you?

Do you think your confessed behavior reflects well on you in God's eyes, who will be a complete terror to you on the day of judgment?

And as far as my name-calling, it is no worse than Jesus:
            "Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?" - Jesus (in the bible)

Please explain what you mean by my 'confessed behavior'?

And yes, I am familiar with Jesus's reported rudeness and intolerance. But some of the time he was OK lol

Your confession that it's okay to take pleasure with a woman as long as it's not at others' expense.

I've just pointed out to you how it IS at others' expense.

Reread what I said if you have to.

That's not a confession; it's a statement of fact. What you pointed out doesn't merit a second read as it was patently wrong the first time. But I notice you've changed your tone from downright rude to patronising. I suppose that's progress, of sorts.

It's not "patently wrong" at all. The bible itself says the world has rejected the laws of Leviticus and Deutoronomy and the world was delivered to Satan (Luke 4 for that one), and now once those laws of health and life have been rejected, you end up with blind and paralyzed people born into this satanic world while you enjoy your spouse, at their expense, having deprived them of the laws that would heal their ailments.

You're seriously just asking for God's judgment.

3. tantrum profile image58
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I love carnal delight ! And I can care less who owns the world, as long as I can have my daily carnal delight ! big_smile

Go with your errors and 'falliability' some place else ! lol lol

2. drej2522 profile image68
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

Wow to the forum...and wow to the first response..just WOW!

3. zadrobi profile image60
    zadrobiposted 14 years ago

HUB

4. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

sa282h  hiya i have read every word you have written, and i think it's great you have read so much of  the bible....  i read the bible a lot too... at the moment i am trying to improve myself, by imitating jesus' way of dealing with people.  We can only really change ourself, why worry about everyone else, let them do that

5. profile image0

long time since we spoke Paraglider, hello there

Hi - hope all's well? Just starting the working week here. (Our weekend is Fri/Sat)

6. profile image0

really so where are you..... this is my weekend on so yesterday i worked, this afternoon i am on a 2 - 8 shift, then back on at 8 in the morning ugh.....  off Tuesday hooray.  Do you like your job

Doha in Qatar (straight across the Persian Gulf from Iran). Not the easiest place to live, but I've known worse!

7. Sexy jonty profile image59
    Sexy jontyposted 14 years ago

No life is not meant for enjoying ......

It's the struggle for existence

1. Sexy jonty profile image59
      Sexy jontyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

and survival of the fittest

Maslow wrote a pyramid about that. There's no need to hang out on the lowest level. Life can be absolutely great and should be enjoyed while you can. You get one shot at this.

Of course we should balance our own enjoyment with the need to look out for others, and help the less fortunate as and when we can. But we should not become martyrs to others' misfortune either, because to do so greatly reduces our power to help.

I'm sure that's what you meant wink

8. Sexy jonty profile image59
    Sexy jontyposted 14 years ago

Live larger than life doesn't mean to enjoy the life ....

Absolutely. I'm not talking about living larger than life. I'm talking about using our senses, intelligence, imagination and creativity to the full.

1. Sexy jonty profile image59
        Sexy jontyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ya that's where you made the good point ....

9. hoodieweather profile image60
    hoodieweatherposted 14 years ago

We deserve to enjoy life because we are human.

10. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Hey Tantrum! That may be a dead cow your kickin! lol He/she/it may have been heaved off the forums already. smile

I suspect so. Perhaps the 'satanist prick' remark accelerated his demise (though I didn't report him as he was quite entertaining, in a gruesome way!)

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Like you I usually let those things float away, but I fear this person may need some help. smile

1. tantrum profile image58

Need help ??
          I'm sure he's only joking. Can't be real ! lol

I dunno.. I have met one just like him in real life, so maybe, maybe not?

11. Evolution Guy profile image59
    Evolution Guyposted 14 years ago

I cannot imagine why he was kicked out. This is a valid (probably more valid that the "love everyone" passive-aggressive approach most other religionists take) interpretation of christianity - and certainly the way christianity was forcibly spread across the globe until very recently.

smile

I agree that his quotes were spot on, and reflect an aspect of the bible that most religionists try to explain away,  the worry I had is that he personally believes it as truth and hates the whole world because of it. smile

1. Evolution Guy profile image59
        Evolution Guyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, this is where the cognitive dissonance of most religionists starts to come into play. They are no longer allowed to say this - but it is what they really believe. Hence the amount of passive/aggressive "why are we so hated?" and "why was I attacked in this unprovoked fashion? I was just sharing the love of the Lord!" or asking a question like "It says in the bible that homos are disgusting sinners, should I judge them for that or not?" big_smile

Not that they actually think this - they are just repeating what god said and therefore have no responsibility. wink After all - they are open minded enough to believe something for which there is absolutely no evidence. wink

12. tantrum profile image58
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

I think they believe, because they are feeble human beings. Afraid human beings. If they don't believe in God, they have nothing. And That is NOTHING., As they have relied their whole life to God.

Well that is no less scary! smile

lol I find it very funny ! What the mind can do to people ! I like mind games. This is The Mind Game ! lol

13. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

GOOD MORNIN  everbody  It's a great day in tha neighborhood
    birds are singin and the dogs are growlin
         Aint it GREAT

Hi jerami! Here it's raining non stop since yesterday morning lol

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We got about 7 inches in six hours day before yesterday and about 6 for two days before that. I had a 2 inch river running down my driveway for several hours. Glad to be up a little hill

You guys are somewhere wet! (I'm a bit psychic.) smile
          We have had good rains for days now, and in Melbourne we need it! smile

1. profile image0
            Rick Marlowposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey bud,Which hub of yours is the God hub.Been looking 2 days.I wanted to check it out.Good morning all.

Sorry I have got a few hubs! here ya go! smile

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-biblical-go … psychopath

2. Jerami profile image58
              Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good mornin to you  Rick ;  Sorry for the delay.  Everything sounds real good in my head but it comes out a bit repetitious of my other hubs, was still working on it when the floods came. Everyone's ark started leaking. Sheetrock started falling. Had to make a few  $$
                 Will "try" to finish today

14. wyanjen profile image70
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

Phew.

Good morning!
    I was surprised to see this ridiculous forum is still active, but I see now that it's turned into a reasonable discussion. Have we figured out who the deluded wingnut is yet?

15. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

I am going to try to answer the question of this thread, the meat of it is not something I can speak on with authority. The question was 'why do you deserve to enjoy life' and my answer is that I may not always deserve it but believe that it is my challenge here on earth. If God made the heavens and the earth, if God made each of us and gave us dominion over the earth and we will all one day stand before God in judgment, how do you want to stand on that day? Do you want to stand with anger and hurt in your heart and recriminations on your tongue? Why did life have to be so hard? Why was their pain? Why was there evil? or would you rather stand on that day with joy in your heart and praises on your tongue for all the wonder and beauty that was in the world?

I want to stand on that day (assuming it comes to pass) with joy and praise in my heart and on my tongue. I want to have the joy of a child that has had the best christmas ever! I want to be bursting with the happy memories of every gift that life has given me, from the wonder of a beautiful sunrise to the staggering genius of the octopus, the humbling feeling you get when you stand at the base of a redwood and know that it has been here far longer then you and will probably be here much longer still. My greatest fear is to die having missed all the wonders and joys that life has given me even tho I may not always deserve it. What worse insult could there be then to ignore all the joys and gifts we are given and focus only on the negative parts of life?

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)