Why should Jesus come back ?

Jump to Last Post 51-67 of 67 discussions (264 posts)
  1. topgunjager profile image61
    topgunjagerposted 14 years ago

Why does it matter? It's not like you're going to believe who he says he is if he comes back anyway. He'll probably get beaten up and sent to a mental institution if he comes back preaching and acting like a crazy person.

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He will know the above  is possible,a reality but it will not stop him. smile

1. topgunjager profile image61
        topgunjagerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wish i had sources like you do so i wouldn't be confused=)

Meditate, connect with god .smile

1. weblog profile image58
            weblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A wireless connection?

Obviously wink

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

You know mohitmisra, I've been trying to nail down whether or not you understand what you've learned.

Now, what religion you follow isn't quite clear, considering I haven't talked to you a whole lot.

But, last time I did talk to you, we had somewhat of a similar view about Jesus Christ and his quest for mankind.

What we didn't agree on was whether or not religion is what he taught?

I say, he didn't teach religion. Because, he saw thru the hoax it is.

As for him dying for the sins of man- that's B.S. and everyone knows it. History records he was executed because he refused to preach about their 'god' or 'god-kings'.

He told his disciples specific things not to do, which were to be relayed to other followers. What exactly was said or properly interpreted, is anyone's guess.

How ever, I've learned that many of the scripture about Jesus Christ, only 4 have been accepted into the church(religion) and the remainder are kept hidden away, because they can not be properly interpreted and fit with religious doctrine.

I found that tid-bit was interesting. Do you know of this and if so...what do you know?

If there is something I've missed, please do explain.

My father is a Hindu and mother a Parsee.I am not attached to or follow any one particular religion but respect the truth in all of them.

As for him dying for the sins of man- that's B.S. and everyone knows it. History records he was executed because he refused to preach about their 'god' or 'god-kings

If he  had died for everyones sins we would not have so much crime and sins on this planet right now.He would naturally take on many peoples karma out of compassion to a good degree but not everyone's.

Jesus taught about god an enlightenment something which many related with and so he had many followers of his philosophy which is called the Christan religion.

Dont know about 4 scriptures being accepted and not the others. smile

2. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile mo isnt so bad, youll see
      religion sucks
      god is good and some people are too
      just gotta put yourself aside

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But, that's been my point all a long.

Religion tells you to put yourself aside. Which means you are to put GOD before yourself.

This defeats the nature of life.

You cannot be a conscious being and put someone else ahead of your own welfare. It goes against basic human survival instinct that said- SAVE yourself before all else.

There will obviously be extra situations, which you can read into what I said, but do not. It was not intended for that particular meaning.

The survival instincts of a mother over a child's survival is pure. Most mothers would gladly give up their life for the life of their child. That is love. Love is a part of life. That is where sacrifice comes into play, if you're ever in that situation. Meaning, your act of courage will become sacred or divine.

But, you have your conscience, you have a sense for what is morally right and wrong, so you can guide your life, without any assistance.

You simply have to be honest with yourself and others, to reach the happiness level you want.

1. profile image0

ill be back on monday i think yer both right
          stop fighting

2. mohitmisra profile image60

Religions are groups of people following the teachings of a great master.

RELIGIONS

The entire Buddhist monk's life is but a preparation,
          For his Death Point or moment of separation.

The Jains have santhara,
          Quitting life consciously to join with the paramatma.

Hindus go into Samadhi,
          Where there is no Congress, Shiv Sena , BJP or Samajwadi.

The Christian merges with the Holy Spirit,
          Peace, no more desperate.

The Sufi mystic to become one,
          Dances, twirls, prays, trances to get the job done.

Aghora means Illumined with Light,
          Longing for Shiva in whom they delight.

Shamanism or the Art of Ecstasy,
          The ultimate being one with the super entity.

There is no need to change your faith,
          And on your old religion lay a wreath. smile

3. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Who is fighting?

Was I fighting with someone?

If so, Did I WIN?

lol lol lol

1. profile image0

sure you won
      sorry im sooooooooooo tired
      been up for weeks
      i get stuff wrong

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, then go to bed.

Have a good night and sleep tight.

4. buraq profile image59
    buraqposted 14 years ago

Its really hurting to know people of his (Jesus) faith are confused and doubt his words. Some say he forgot his lunch, some say he will get (god forgive me)beaten. Is instinct a wireless connection ?? if not then what's it, how does it work ?? Well Jesus will come and you'll get all your answers and regret. Can anyone tell me if Darwin's theory was correct ? if yes, then why dint rest of the apes turn into human ? How did life evolve in this planet ? And why arent there any living beings in other planets ?? Humans are not machine we know it !! Then how does human work ? Why cant its Brain be replaced ? What is soul ? Where did it come from ? Why nothing sinks in Dead sea ? Scientists say the density of salt is higher than usual, so nothing can sink in the dead sea, if you add one kg of salt in 300 ml of water, can anyone prove a steel fork or spoon wont sink in it !! What is protecting earth from comets and astroids and not other planets, even though earth is having gravitation ?

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Gosh that is a lot of questions.

Do you really want answers because they are all answerable?

I assume you are too lazy to go and find the answers to all these questions.

1. buraq profile image59
        buraqposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If its answerable...then why dont you answer or show me the source of answers rather being sarcastic !!

Do you really want answers?

If so - why have you not found them?

Are you sure you are not asking the questions for another reason?

1. buraq profile image59

And what can that reason be my dear friend ?

Do you want answers or not?

1. buraq profile image59

I have those answers, but u wont trust my source. If you do trust its the Quran, and if you dont, then its like "i'm taking a blind man on a trip to Disney Land"...lol !

So - as I said - You were not asking those questions because you wanted answers. You are too lazy to find the answers and do not want them in fact because you have the easy one and the answers prove your book is false.

Thanks.

1. tksensei profile image60
                    tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How do you know he's "too lazy" and doesn't just believe differently than you?

5. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

I don't really think Jesus will be coming back any time soon. I could be wrong but I imagine its kinda a scary thing to come back when folks like wearing crosses, you know that hugely painful experience that killed him for teaching us to be nice to eachother?

Maybe if we stop wearing crosses and providing a constant reminder of this horrific way of killing people it would be a more welcoming thing to encourage him to come back?

1. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Scripture will be fulfilled; according to how it is written.

Just because people try to change what the scriptures say by interpretation of them, does not change them at all.
         According to the bible, that is said to be the foundation of Christianity,,,, 
         Satan first interpreted the word of God when Eve was seduced into eating the forbidden fruit.
         Satan interpreted scripture when Jesus was tested in the wilderness.
         Jesus resisted Satan by quoting scripture without interpretation.
         When we get caught up in interpretation of scripture we are getting caught up in Satan's snare.
         According to scripture; this will be corrected !!!

2. Bovine Currency profile image60
      Bovine Currencyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wear a crucifix.  It is the best way I can think of to bait the religionists in my day to day life.

6. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

If ya want to know when Jesus is coming back, I suggest that you ask him. How do I do that you might ask ?
       Read what  HE  said about it. Not just one or two verses but go through scriptures and read everything that he said about his coming again.
       This will not take very long. Start in Mathew and read the words that are written in red letters.
       When he speaking of his coming again write this down on a piece of paper. Collect everything that he said concerning when he is to come again.
       Just try this and see what ya see.
       And then you will know.

7. Bovine Currency profile image60
    Bovine Currencyposted 14 years ago

I am jesus christ.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank god for that!

8. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

He's coming back because we love him and he promised.

1. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I won't hert anything to just read the things that Jesus said about his coming again. Would it?

9. Bovine Currency profile image60

I am jesus christ.

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thank god, or I guess you can for me lol

1. Bovine Currency profile image60

Me and Pa will be hangin together on the 25th

2. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What are you now? No Nancy he's a boy.

Was that an attempt at insult?

1. profile image0

definite insult very un holy yikes

1. profile image0

All you girls need to put some clothes on!

2. profile image0

Whats your picture? I wasn't sure of your real name, so I gave you one. It's was totaly random.

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image63
            AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd rather know about lyricsingray's picture wink

1. profile image0

i dont need more clothes

Sounds good to me

2. profile image0

kiss

You are female, right? Otherwise, you're on the wrong thread...smile

1. profile image0

lol lol yes baby all girl

My God, and we're even in the same country! That's a first...

2. Bovine Currency profile image60

My picture?  It is a tattoo.  It means the second coming of christ.

10. Bovine Currency profile image60

Ill pass on the message smile

11. Bovine Currency profile image60

Very very....

1. profile image0

yep.

12. Bovine Currency profile image60

The homophobic Christian... I love it.

Mmm, do you mean me, Bovine Currency? I don't think many of the Christians on this site would agree I was a Christian, even if I might have some tendencies in that direction -- as to homophobia, when I meet gay people, I am polite to them, and am no more prejudiced against them than I am against, well, many people wink -- either way, I would fight to the death for their rights to do whatever the hell they wanted with their "lower bits"; after all, it's nobody's business, is it...smile

I didnt mean you!  I have never had a problem with you smile

13. cheaptrick profile image73
    cheaptrickposted 14 years ago

Y'all are starting to really piss me off.
    My mom and I(see Avatar)are coming back real soon.
    I'm keeping a List and your all on it.
    So there...

14. Bovine Currency profile image60

back to semantics...

how exciting

15. profile image50
    Precious100posted 14 years ago

JESUS DIED FOR OUR SINS. WE WERE FIT FOR HELL LIKE A FILTHY RAG READY TO BE PLACE IN FIRE. OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS IS AS FILTHY RAGS. HE DIED IN OUR PLACE. (WHAT LOVE FOR MANKIND)! HIS OWN ARM BROUGHT SALVATION. HE DID NO WRONG--THE DEVIL DID NOT LIKE IT. BUT JESUS LAID DOWN HIS LIFE FOR ALL MANKIND TO BE SAVED. FOR YOU AND ME! I ONCE DID NOT UNDERSTAND EITHER BUT THANK GOD FOR ENLIGHTENING MY SPIRITUAL EYES. HE SAID HE WAS GOING AWAY TO PREPARE A PLACE FOR US AND HE WOULD COME AGAIN TO RECEIVE US. HE IS COMING BACK FOR THOSE WHO ARE READY AND HAVE PREPARED THEMSELVES TO GO BACK WITH HIM. HE IS GOING TO DO AWAY WITH SIN, AND DESTROY THIS WORLD HE HAS CREATED. HE IS GOING TO DESTROY THE DEVIL/DEMONS ALSO. THE SUN WILL DARKEN, THE MOON WILL NOT GIVE IT'S LIGHT, THE STARS SHALL FALL LIKE AN UNTIMELY FIGS, EVERY MOUNTAIN AND ISLAND WILL BE MOVED OUT OF PLACE. THIS TIME HE WILL DESTROY THE EARTH WITH FIRE. HELL WAS NOT MEANT FOR MAN BUT THE DEVIL AND HIS ANGELS! IF WE ARE DISOBEDIENT WE GO TO HELL WITH SATAN. IF WE LIVE ACCORDING TO JESUS AND BE OBEDIENT WE GO BACK WITH HIM TO HEAVEN. ASK GOD WHAT MUST YOU DO TO BE SAVED! THIS IS NO JOKE BUT REALITY. DON'T WAIT UNTIL IT IS TOO LATE. READ YOUR BIBLE IT IS FULL OF TRUTH! GOD BLESS. DON'T BE DECEIVED BY NO MAN! PRAY!

16. K Partin profile image59
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

I don't know, I think he would be very disappointed....

17. rosariomontenegro profile image68
    rosariomontenegroposted 14 years ago

I think he is with us all the time. If he is going to show himself again and how, I wouldn´t know. If he really said that he was going to come back, he will. No matter what he is with us, helping everybody no doubt.
    I would like to remind us that many religious communities are expecting a divine being to come. The Jewish are waiting for Messiah. Same the Christians. The Muslim or at least many of them await the Imam Mahdi. The Buddhists know that in a very very long time another Buddha will come; he is waiting for his moment in the Paradise named Tushita; his holy name is Maitreya Buddha.
    I respect and cherish these beliefs as far as they express cherished higher aspirations of humankind.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)