Favourite perfume

Jump to Last Post 1-41 of 41 discussions (60 posts)
  1. Black Lilly profile image60
    Black Lillyposted 14 years ago

What's your favourite perfume? Are you addicted to one brand or try anything new, or..?

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i wear Princess by Vera Wang, Tresor by Lancome Paris and Touch of Pink by Lacoste, depending on my mood or circumstances.

2. lorlie6 profile image74
    lorlie6posted 14 years ago

Opium-and that from a recovering drug addict!

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I really like Opium-- (the perfume) I have been Opium free for a long time, need to get that again. Obsession is nice, Eternity is also a good one, but I guess my all time favorite is Chanel #5-- partly for sentimental reasons because my husband-to-be bought it for me-- the first expensive scent I ever received. Still like it, and he still buys it after 47 years.
      I think I once wrote something a hub about perfumes being named after vices and moral failings.  Though I think it is OK to wear Eternity to church.

3. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Vera Wang- Princess

Smells so yummy! smile

4. dejajolie profile image60
    dejajolieposted 14 years ago

Alfred Sung-Shi

5. Princessa profile image81
    Princessaposted 14 years ago

I have a few, in order of preference they are:
    1) Nilang from Lalique
    2) Babydoll from Yves Saint Laurent
    3) Nina de Nina Ricci

As far as men's perfumes I go mad for Diesel.

6. europewalker profile image80
    europewalkerposted 14 years ago

Hypnose by Lancome

7. profile image0
    Wendi Mposted 14 years ago

Paloma - Picasso

8. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Estee Lauder girl here smile

9. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Let me think...
    Love Spell by Victoria Secrets as well as a fe others but can't think of the names lol
    and from Bath & Body works the Eculyptus and Mint stress relief spray. Smells great!
    Also have that scent as a pillow mist and body massage oil. smile

But I do like to sniff new perfumes to see if I like 'em smile

10. Actingperson profile image61
    Actingpersonposted 14 years ago

DKNY and Aqua di Gio. They are so lovely.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

classic chanel no.5

obsession

2. Black Lilly profile image60
      Black Lillyposted 14 years ago

Sexy Graffitti by Escada - all time hit.

3. elayne001 profile image78
      elayne001posted 14 years ago

My favorite is Wicked Wahine, a perfume I discovered in Hawaii.
      Wahine means lady - not that I am wicked, or anything like that. I just like the smell!

4. Flightkeeper profile image66
      Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Daisy by Marc Jacobs

5. Lily Rose profile image85
      Lily Roseposted 14 years ago

French Lime Blossom by Joe Malone is my favorite.  I also like 360 by Carolina Herrera.

6. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

My wife always smells good but I know I buy alot of #5, Allure and the original Gardina.

7. The Rope profile image60
      The Ropeposted 14 years ago

They don't make it anymore - "white shoulders" perfume - still can get the watered down versions but my skin turns it.  love so many but alas again, my skin is my enemy.  i used to be a road warrior as a fragrance rep and my honey just loved it.  I'd come home with a variety of fragrances clinging to my skin and apparently the mixture was divine (although after 10 to 12 hrs of work, my nose couldn't smell a thing).

8. lrohner profile image69
      lrohnerposted 14 years ago

I am totally addicted to Macke by Bob Macke. Never wear anything else.

9. Bail Up ! profile image59
      Bail Up !posted 14 years ago

true to Knowing by Estee Lauder

10. KKarrington profile image62
      KKarringtonposted 14 years ago

Carolina Herrera 212 Sexy. The scent is to die for!

11. profile image0
      B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

Poison, by Christian Dior

yep, the tried and true original POISON...

as Alice Cooper Said......"and her lips are venemous poison, poison running thru my veins, her POISON....."

12. donotfear profile image84
      donotfearposted 14 years ago

Wow, my favorite perfume isn't made anymore. It was produced by the Tuvache Corp and was called "Jungle Gardenia". There have been many companies try to reproduce it but nobody can get it just right. A company called Irma Shirrell bought the rights to it and are producing, what they say, is the original formula. I still say nothing beats the original Jungle Gardenia.

13. maribin profile image60
      maribinposted 14 years ago

creed, I gave creed to my husband as a present, he likes it, I have mine too.

14. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 14 years ago

Estee Lauder's Beautiful and Giorgio. My favorite Giorgio fragrance, Ocean Dreams, isn't made any longer.

For men, I LOVE Paul Sebastian!

15. Dame Scribe profile image58
      Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Wow..some awesome tastes out there smile tickle our nose hairs indeed lol but ok, mine are ;

-- Chanel # 5 & 9
      -- Oscar de la Renta
      -- White Diamonds
      -- Emeraude (eau de toilette tongue easy for my kids to buy wink )

big_smile

16. Miss Belgravia profile image60
      Miss Belgraviaposted 14 years ago

Chanel No. 5, and Vanille from the Bourbon French Parfum shop in New Orleans. If you're ever in New Orleans, you must go there. The also do custom blends so you can design your own scent, which they keep on file and will ship to you whenever you like. Website is http://www.neworleansperfume.com/fragrances.htm

rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

don't you love the French Quarter??
        I haven't been there since Katrina... I would love to go back and see the city.   I wonder if they have a web site.

1. Miss Belgravia profile image60
          Miss Belgraviaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The website is in my first post. I've been there a couple of times since Katrina, and the French Quarter is back to normal.

17. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 14 years ago

Pavlova is my signature scent.  A little rare, and hard to find.  I like it that way, wink.

I've never heard of this Lita, where do you find it??

1. profile image0
          Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good, rebekah, good! (It's a signature scent!) lol It's named after a Russian ballerina and came out in the 1920's.  smile  Hard to find.

there you go, lita, signature scent. smile

18. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 14 years ago

Pavlova - wasn't that the guy with the dogs? LOL

1. profile image0
        Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

haha.  No.  That's Pavlov.  But of course, Pavlova is the feminine of the name in Russian.

19. littledevil1983 profile image60
      littledevil1983posted 14 years ago

humm, fav perfumes, well, in 1st place is ghost-cherish, in close 2nd is DKNY-delicious night and 3rd placeHugo boss-Deeep red

LOVE them ALL!!!

1. dejajolie profile image60
        dejajolieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

DKNY-another Fave

20. Helen Cater profile image59
      Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

Davidoff cool water is my fav at the moment.

21. chrissie123 profile image60
      chrissie123posted 14 years ago

ok mine is a boy spray at the moment it is pure seduction from victoria's secret I love fruit smells.

22. fishtiger58 profile image68
      fishtiger58posted 14 years ago

Opium by Yves Saint Laurent been wearing it for over 25 years. And recently started wearing 8 by Abercrombie and Fitch wonderful fragrance.

23. Jane@CM profile image61
      Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I have 5 scents from Este, love Channel #5. 

Abercrombie smells divine on my son, so does the Holister cologne.

24. gracenotes profile image90
      gracenotesposted 14 years ago

Well, I am partial to scents that have some citrus notes.

Notably:  (1)Green Tea from Elizabeth Arden and (2)Elan d' Orange from Hove Parfumeur (in the French Quarter in New Orleans).

Some of Givenchy's scents are great, and I'm not sure you can beat the French when it comes to perfumery.  I like his scent Ysatis, although it is neither citrus-like or fresh in character.

25. CMHypno profile image83
      CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

I wear Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana most days.  My most recent perfume purchase was French Lime Blossom by Jo Malone - light and fresh, good daytime perfume.

26. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Charlie for me

27. archdaw profile image59
      archdawposted 14 years ago

Hiku by Avon.  No Shit!!!!

28. profile image0
      bloodnlatexposted 14 years ago

I'm into whatever your wife wears

29. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years ago

I wear deoderant most days

1. profile image0
        bloodnlatexposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is always appreciated, and sometimes does a little something for me.

1. profile image0
          Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

your welcome

1. profile image0

No, Thank You!

1. profile image0
              Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

i actually have some stuff called rain.

1. profile image0

Sounds like a bouquet of fun

30. myownworld profile image75
      myownworldposted 14 years ago

so u like perfume too blood?

1. profile image0

The right perfume on the right lady is irresistable...

1. myownworld profile image75
          myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

......aren't u a lady's man....! wink

1. profile image0

I try...

(btw, like the new avatar?)

1. myownworld profile image75
              myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

speechless....!! (that avatar has that effect on me!)
              big_smile

1. profile image0

As do you on me! 

Gotta go....Be back later..

31. Ivorwen profile image66
      Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

I love a perfume that smells fresh.  I use to use a body spray that smelled like a meadow full of wild flowers on a sunny day.  I loved it, but it was discontinued.  In college I used Lady Stetson.

I currently use 'romance' and 'harmony' by Mary Kay.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)