Out of all the beliefs in the world, only you are right!

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 50 discussions (155 posts)
  1. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

How can a logical human arrive at the conclusion that out of the thousands of different bible beliefs, only their's is right.
    Is that not a description of Megalomania?

1. profile image0
      Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

One possibility, Earnest:  Each of us being right...for us.  Each creating his/her/its own Heaven/Hell/Whatever. 

Ah, but thee referreth to the "Thou must believeth as I believeth or burneth in Helleth!"  Different  picture altogether, that. 

Actually, the flaw in your question is the inclusion of the word "logical".  Have you ever known humans to be logical? lol

earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey you are right buddy, no I guess we are not generally logical, but we can burst through sometimes! I do it on Wednesdays between 2 and 3pm! lol

1. Carmen Borthwick profile image60
          Carmen Borthwickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

HaHaHa... what a coincidence, me too! Tomorrow it will be daylight savings time though... that should screw up our timing.

Is it possible to move our "logic time" forward an hour?

2. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Where you are mistaken is the fact that it isn't people who are right. It is not my way or the highway. It is God's way.

Now, if you don't want to believe, that's fine. The insults you toss around are uncalled for. It reminds me of monkeys who throw dung. Maybe you are one who evolved from them?

Slimy.
        Believing you have the only truth has a name. I named it! smile

3. profile image0
      Marc Salyerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you singling out Bible beliefs alone or any and all beliefs?

1. Misha profile image64
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Any beliefs that insist they are THE ONLY TRUTH, if you did not catch it. Does not have to be a religious belief either. smile

2. earnestshub profile image81

Bible beliefs.
        Other beliefs may have real support.
        Eg I believe the 12 valve four cylinder motor in my ute is just that. Someone may say it is a six cylinder, but you can count em. The workshop manual supports that and so does the manufacturer, and others who know the model would agree that it is a four cylinder.

1. profile image0

Agreed and of course math doesn't leave much room for debate. But there are philosophical differences, political opinions, psychological debates, and scientists argue issues all of the time. The world of people is full of people's beliefs and each person may vary his or her belief with tedious little distinctions or with major differences. What makes any of them right or wrong?

2. Misha profile image64

So let me get it straight my friend. Are you against THE TRUTH only when it is bible belief? Quran does not count? Global Warming does not count? Slap the kids or not do not count? Did I understand you correctly? smile

4. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's easy when a person has met the Author of the Book.

5. profile image0
      Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

One's relationship with God is completely personal, so it might seem that people act like "only their's is right".

However, where the group-think comes in, i'm not quite sure.

6. cheaptrick profile image75
      cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I completely agree with you.These people who think they know the REAL truth are diminishing MY credibility cause I am the only one who knows the REAL truth.Just last night God spoke to me very clearly,She said"Tomorrow,Italian sausage and meatballs",now thats a real truth if i ever heard one.

Oh by the way,is Megalomania anywhere near Romania cause I didn't like it there.the women braid there arm pits?

just a little joke bro...peace...

Are you sure they were Italian? lol I love Italian... smile

7. Bibowen profile image88
      Bibowenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Excellent. All of the other beliefs about the Bible are wrong and only yours is right...

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Beliefs in the bible are all wrong.   The bible is correct!!!

1. profile image0

There are no correct beliefs in the Bible? I don't get it. I believe the Bible is God's Word. If that is wrong can the Bible be correct? What did you actually mean?

The written word of the bible is true.
               Our beliefs that we think and try to put in the bible are flawed.

1. profile image0

I was hoping that your comments would clear things up for me but I'm just as confused as before. I believe that many doctrines are errant in many ways and it is terrible when people "put them in the Bible" but what about the obvious teachings.

ALL beliefs derived from the Word of God to man of all people are flawed? There are some pretty basic truths that I would include in "beliefs" that are hard to corrupt:
              Faith in Yeshua is the only way to the father.
              God created in six days and rested on the seventh.
              Yeshua is coming back.
              Weather one believes the Bible to be true or not, these are some basic teachings of the Word and belief in them is true to the Word.

I don't know about streighting any thing out but what I think is that if God created everything in seven days he musta skiped a few million years between the first day and the second day and so on. Yea faith in Jesus that he died for our sins and rose again sounds good and TRUE to me.
                   The first description of Jesus that there ever wuz is that Jesus IS the word of GOD.  The bible wasn't courupped on the first sentence waz it. Jesus is the word of God.   Ya gotta believe in the word of God.  That is the only way to reach God is through his word (Jesus)  If ya know Jesus's word he will probably let ya into his fathers house.
                    The word died on the cross making another word be herd
                  The old covenant of the law died.  The new covenant of redemption rose up off tha cross.....   If ya want it;... here it is, come and get it ....but ya betta hurry cause it's going fast.  Just kiddin singin a song.   It is almost that easy sept ya gotta mean it in your heart. teasin don't count.

1. profile image0

You seem to agree that it doesn't matter that you or I or anyone believes what is written in the Bible. The Bible is correct. But everyone's beliefs in the Bible are all wrong? What does that mean?

2. Misha profile image64

That's a good one. I love it lol

Except that it is nonsensical it makes a lot of sense! smile

8. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are correct. smile

9. sooner than later profile image61
      sooner than laterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

the process of elimination is actually very simple. First, one needs to find a church that follows the 10 commandments entirely. there is one true church and she is easy to find.

2. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

No, this is a description of public education sad

1. Colebabie profile image59
      Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm a product of public education smile

1. Misha profile image64

Your parents managed to balance it out, huge kudos to them smile

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hmmm, I think more indoctrination from parental traditions than public education. some parents control their children's beliefs starting at an early age. hmm

1. Misha profile image64

True dat also. My point is parents cover the whole spectrum - some are thinking, some are controlling. But public education universally tends towards uniformity...

1. rebekahELLE profile image85

I guess it depends exactly what you're referring to.
          my sons lucked out on attending some decent schools with some excellent teachers, taught them how to think and question.

1. Misha profile image64

I bet people here on HP are not a typical bunch, at least those who stay here. They tend to be more thinking for themselves than average population. This might explain why we have such a high percentage of people whose teachers were really good, or who pick good teachers for their kids. smile

3. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Hi, guys! Misha, LOVE the new pic!

4. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Hi Habee, love you grandson pic too smile

5. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

BTW, Mish - don't be too hard on us public educators. We can only teach what they let us teach. And it gets worse every year. Glad I retired when I did!

1. Misha profile image64

Oh, no way I am being hard on teachers, they are between rock and stone!

1. rmcrayne profile image89
        rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

One of the most underrated, unappreciated jobs ever.  Thanks for your service habee.

Teachers are my heroes. I know so many dedicated teachers. smile

1. Sexy jonty profile image59
            Sexy jontyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ya .... same thing goes with me .... I am agree with you ....

It warms my heart to hear that! Thank you for supporting the true hearts of so many good people. All the ones I know personally are passionate about the children and their needs. smile

2. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Even us Preschool teachers, Misha? lol and love the new pic

6. earnestshub profile image81

I am sorry Misha, I always complain about your avatar. You look exhausted!How about the nice close up again? smile
    Hi Habee. smile I do like yours though!

1. Misha profile image64

LOL I can't please everybody at once sad

1. quietnessandtrust profile image60
        quietnessandtrustposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Misha looks like he never turns down a good drink lol big_smile

7. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Thanks, Earnesto!

You're right, Misha. It's a tough job.

smile

2. Misha profile image64

LOL This has to be a granddaughter. She's cute smile

8. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Just can't decide on my new avatar...we have so many cute Halloween pics of the grands!

Earnest, do you guys trick or treat?

Some of us with little ones do, although it is not a local tradition.
      I am planning a full Halloween for my three youngest GK's for next year. smile

2. earnestshub profile image81

Habee the little one is so cute! I really like both of them.... what use am I? lol

9. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Back to the topic - I think one problem is that the Bible was written by men - not God.

10. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

I think one problem is that some parents want their children to believe as they do and won't accept anything different.

Well it is always really nice speaking with you Colebabie, as you can obviously keep your own councel. smile

Thanks earnest, it is always nice talking with you as well smile

2. Carmen Borthwick profile image60

Well, colour me purple, I wanted my kids to decide on their own what to believe or not believe. Parents that 'urge' their children to only accept what they believe are most likely asking for trouble.

11. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Right, Cole. And another problem is that some religious sects get too obsessed with one verse. Like snake handlers, for example. We have those around here. Scary.

12. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

It's not only about religion. Look at politics forums, look at parenting forums, just look around. The prevailing motto - my opinion is right, and it is THE ONLY RIGHT OPINION. Isn't that what all of us are taught in schools? "There is only one correct answer to this question children, please learn it by heart. All other answers are wrong." sad

13. Colebabie profile image59

Well as far as schools I guess I was lucky then? I was always taught to express my opinion and be open to discussion at both home and school. I dunno what it is, but some people just can't stand the fact that they may not be right. That what they have dedicated their life to studying, living, learning, preaching etc. is either bull shit or just not the only "right" way.

1. Misha profile image64

You are really is an odd fruit Cole. Looking around, I can recall not more than a handful of guys and gals of your age who are about as mature as you. smile

countrywomen, girly_girl, likely Luke... who else?

You should meet my friends, they would amaze you!!!

1. Misha profile image64

Kind of a hard task a few thousand miles apart, unless you bring them up to Hubpages wink

14. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I honestly tried to teach my students to think, and since I taught writing and literature, there were few right/wrong answers. Much of it was interpretation. I've never thought much of filling a youth's head with facts and having them regurgitate it on a "test."

I feel a personal understanding of what you mean by teaching children to think.
      I feel I had that opportunity in my life. Teachers are my heroes.

2. Misha profile image64

Lucky your students are smile

I have to admit my teachers were good at that, too smile

But it is really hard to do, especially under the pressure they felt in the USSR, and the pressure that you have in USA nowadays...

15. Colebabie profile image59

And a lot of people research ways to prove those who don't believe as they do wrong. Rather than using their time to make the world better and just saying "Ya know what?!?! If someone doesn't believe what I do, thats cool. I believe what I believe and as long as I'm happy and a good person, its ok."

16. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Yes, Misha. It got to the point where we spent more time on state-mandated rules and filling out forms and papers than we did teaching.

17. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Having a bad day SirDent? lol

1. profile image0

Not at all. Just tired of the crap.

1. Misha profile image64

Well, yeah, don;t envy you on this. Yet you chose yourself to associate yourself with Ernest's target. To be fair you did not know Ernest would come at the time, may be it's time to reconsider? wink

1. profile image0

I fully expected Earnest to see it and reply to it. I stand by what I said also.

2. Colebabie profile image59

Yeah I was just told in another forum that I will be burning in hell. So I know what you mean. smile

I've been told I would burn in hell since I was four and couldn't recite one of about twenty verses from the bible in Sunday school. The teacher always called me Carmen Poopwick instead of Borthwick... biatch. Refused to go back after that!

big_smile
            Basically I was trying to tell SirDent that there is crap from both sides. People telling him his religion is bull, and people telling me that I'm going to hell because I don't follow a religion. Everyone should just relax.

1. Misha profile image64

With you? Any time tongue

Sure, with me. Everyone would be much happier if they relaxed with me for a day smile

1. Misha profile image64

May be I should fly to Florida. For a day smile

2. profile image0

Would you rather not be wanred of what might happen?

Yeah we're done here.

1. drej2522 profile image68
              drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Some people....Only religions bring about so much controversy. Where judgements upon judgements mount up.

2. profile image57
            Hell N0posted 14 years agoin reply to this

The only thing I would need to be "wanred" of Dent, is that you or any heller is entering the room about to preach your crap.  If I'm not in the mood to laugh I'd have to leave.  How's that latest hell hub comming?

3. gary777g profile image65
        gary777gposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You came to the wrong place to avoid crap. 

If you want to walk in the grass where no dogs have been, you must go where no dogs go.

Welcome to the dogpark.

18. drej2522 profile image68
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

or two..or three smile

19. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Then I have to bring kids and wife with me, and it is not going to be THAT relaxing tongue

just take them to the beach. it was 87 degrees here today.  cool

colebabie, where are you in fl?

South, Broward/Palm Beach area

1. Misha profile image64

Ah, you are teasing me girls smile

ah misha, the sun is always shining. wink

1. Misha profile image64

I would go in a heartbeat. Wife's work, kids' school...

yes, just teasing. smile  playing around, it's only midnight.

2. drej2522 profile image68

yeah...it would be a great time. bring the family, relax with Colebabie. It's the best of all worlds! hrmmm

20. Colebabie profile image59

smile I wish people could learn to do it on their own. But I understand its not that easy. And I am lucky.

21. Colebabie profile image59

Haha. It was beautiful today. I went to a football game smile No clouds in the sky. It would be relaxing, promise.

22. drej2522 profile image68

same here..sounds fun and very relaxing.

23. profile image0
    TMinutposted 14 years ago

Kind of weird that people think no one should teach their own kids what they believe is true. So are you non-bible believers teaching your children about bible beliefs in a way that allows them to consider they might be true?
    Or does that only apply to ones who DO believe in the bible that should not teach their children what they believe?

Of course parents are to teach littles what to believe and what is true. They need a basis to start from, if parents teach what they think is a lie, they end up with kids who have no stability at all. If they grow up and disagree with what the parents believe, at least they know (and openly say) their parents did their best and they loved them.

1. Misha profile image64

No. Parents should teach that there are several approaches. And let them choose for themselves. Otherwise we get what we have. smile

Ah, that's actually not bad..There should be a world religions course in every household!

24. Colebabie profile image59

Taking your child to church, or letting them know your own belief is fine. But if they make the decision to not follow your beliefs and you are not ok with that, nope not cool. My story is different, I wrote a hub about it. But growing up I went with my friends to church/temple. My parents were always ok with it. They would ask me questions about what I learned, how I liked it. They told me what they believed, I learned other ways through my friends, and then I made the decision for myself.

1. Misha profile image64

*where was my bowing smiley?*

25. profile image0

Not when they're very small - all they do when you give them a choice is ask which they should choose, what's the RIGHT choice. There's a reason littles try to please their parents, they need direction for a long time. Giving too many choices and no clear answers is mean, it would be nice if we didn't have to clarify our own beliefs to know what to teach them but that's a parent's job. It's an abdication of responsibility to not tell children what's true and what isn't and leaving it up to them to figure out before their brains are capable of doing so.

But as far as religion is concerned, who is anyone to say what is "true"? Thats the whole point of this thread.

agreed. Example here: Your father is Catholic, your mother is Muslim...which one is the "truth"...and don't cop out here on this one by injecting your personal beliefs here!

2. Misha profile image64

It's nice that different parents have different views on this. I disagree, and people like Colebabie is a good example why I disagree. smile

26. Colebabie profile image59

But what religious influence do you have on a 3 year old?

27. profile image0

Depends on what you mean by religious - intellectual or experiential? When a child feels spirit and love emanating from you, that's how you influence a three year old. Intellectual? For a child who believes, apparently FULLY believes, that a crocodile bit his leg and that's where he got that little microscopic scrape? None. (No, we don't have crocodiles around here!)

But spirit and love doesn't have to relate to religion. Basically what I'm trying to say is that there can be some religious influence on a young child, but usually the influence that affects life decisions is a little later in life. And at that point, in my belief, it is up to the parent to be open and honest with their child.

28. profile image0

according to your father, catholicism is true, according to your mother, islam is true. are you suggesting neither parent should teach anything?

I'm suggesting what was said eariler. To teach multiple religions and let the child decide.

29. profile image0

Open and honest means telling their child what they believe to be true.
    As far as teaching little children, I've gotten the impression from remarks in the forums that anyone teaching their children anything about their religious beliefs (christian anyway) should be drawn and quartered for practicing child abuse. That's what I object to, parents teach what they believe. I'd rather a child be taught religion that he can leave as a child than be taught to be a criminal - something parents teach also.

Of course not. And if you read the posts prior they say that parents should teach what they believe but be open to their children learning about other beliefs. I am not against parents discussing their personal beliefs with their children, mine did it with me. But I am against parents who want their children to follow in their footsteps and would not accept them if they did not.

30. profile image0

It must just be the attitudes toward christianity that i object to. I was raised an atheist, never allowed to accept anything without proof from anyone including my parents. Science disproved religion as far as my dad was concerned. BUT since he is a scientist, our home was full of the new discoveries that disproved what had been "known" the year before. All I got was that nothing is true, no one and nothing is to be trusted, life sucks and then you die. I was lucky, God showed me that life has a whole other dimension that I hadn't known about before. Teaching my own boys about love and all the biblical virtues was no hardship though I think I managed to teach each of them a completely different "religion" as I learned.

31. profile image0
    Scott.Lifeposted 14 years ago

Was there a memo about the apocalypse I missed tonight whats with all the religious talk and doom and gloom. They're coming out of the woodwork. big_smile

32. Colebabie profile image59

And that is your personal experience. Yes some have negative attitudes toward christianity as a whole. I see that your personal experience has maybe made you sensitive to those who oppose your religion. And like anything else that is important to someone you feel you must defend it when it is being attacked. I'm sure you know that you have great influence over your children. But if they decide to not follow the path that you have chosen, as a parent you love them and accept them, which I'm sure you will because you did not have a positive experience as a child.

1. profile image0
      TMinutposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can't claim to really be a christian, I don't believe the things taught in churches usually. It's the whole "anyone who is a christian is a fool and delusional" that I object to. And saying that no one should teach their children what those other people don't believe in.

33. profile image0

colebabie, YOUR posts aren't like that but some definitely are.

scott, doom and gloom? You mean in the other threads perhaps. It must be getting late, suddenly your pic looks so much like my baby brother that I'm about to ask. But I've seen the pic before and haven't thought that so guess I'll say good night.

1. profile image0
      Scott.Lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah there's like 8 threads running right now about religion....

that's normal at this time of night...

34. Colebabie profile image59

I understand that. And I don't think it is right. But people can say what they want. The whole point of this thread was questioning how someone could think that they are right when there are so many beliefs in this world. Then your comments regarding parenting lead me to make the statement that parents shouldn't force their religion on their children. Sometimes there is a fine line between "forcing" and "teaching". And in my opinion, parents shouldn't cross it smile

35. profile image0

Okay, teaching and forcing, that's all you mean, sure I agree with that. Besides, "forcing" a child to believe something is not only not going to work but seems to be more likely to make them choose the opposite, at least for a while!

1. Misha profile image64

Nah, it's rather about indoctrinating or brainwashing, whichever word you prefer. Done with skill, those work. smile

I just want to brainwash Colebabie that I'm the one for her. smile

Hehe. Good luck! It won't be easy! smile

2. Colebabie profile image59

Yeah its kinda a mix of what Misha said. Basically if you provide no other option you are "forcing" someone.

1. profile image0
        Scott.Lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Kind of like saying omitting the truth is not lying, it's really the same thing.

36. drej2522 profile image68

so there's a chance. Yessss!

and, apparently, I'm 14 now.

37. Colebabie profile image59

Huh?

1. Misha profile image64

You are risking to become a virtual child molester lol

Good night everybody smile

38. drej2522 profile image68

I'm just critiquing on how I am 'acting'.

39. Colebabie profile image59

Oh ok. Gotcha. Yeah I don't like it when people put me down because of my age. Well off to get a little more use out of my costume
    Have a good night everyone smile

40. drej2522 profile image68

ha...misha..later man!

41. Sexy jonty profile image59
    Sexy jontyposted 14 years ago

yes ..... I think it's true .........

42. profile image0

How can a logical human arrive at the conclusion that out of the thousands of different bible beliefs, only theirs is right?

Do you think it would be logical for them to assume theirs is wrong? This is why so many people are out there spreading their beliefs, or trying to. They think they found out something of major importance and are making sure no one is left without the chance to know.

And the truth is that it is later than anyone thinks.

43. goldenpath profile image67
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

Our faith has always instructed it's membership that most all faiths contain bits, pieces and segments of truth for we all have much to learn from one another.  The test is using the spirit of discernment to choose for oneself whether it be true or untrue.  We must be open to new knowledge and ideas.  Of course the Holy Bible is not complete for it was not written beginning to end in it's current form.  It is a compilation of letters, addresses and records.  It would be folly to believe that the "complete" word is contained within that sacred work.  I am currently preparing a hub on this particular subject.

This is why I, personally, thirst for knowledge of what others believe.  Together we may be perfected.  To claim absolute salvation because of one's affiliation to an organization or system of belief is prideful and will lead you on a damaging path.  Exactly like a compass.  You may wonder off course a little bit but at the end your destination has become way off track.  This mindset is, in essence, tunnel vision and prevents you from seeing beyond the walls you have set up for yourself. 

Think of it this way.  If the Almighty didn't approve of variety we would not exist as individual human beings with our own mind, heart soul and most of all - liberty to choose...

44. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

Sorry I missed a question.   Jesus comin back;  haven't ya heard !!!   He already did come back.  About thirty years after the desciples said that he haddn't come back yet.
       About 60 years after he said that he was comin back soon. 
       What?   You missed tha party???   ME TOO.

45. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

If ya take every denominational belief system in the world and write them down.
        Study them all and cross off all of them that contradict each other; what ya got left that is not crossed off will have some truth to it.

1. profile image0

Salvation by faith in Yeshua.

What part of that would you say is true?

I was just saying that there are way too many interpretations of scripture. How many of those interpretations do you suppose are true to scripture.
           Yeshua (Jesus) is the only way to the father.
        He is the Way, He is Truth, He is the Light. Of all things that he is, it is first written that he is the WORD OF GOD,

To say salvation is by faith in the  WORD OG GOD   would not sound as inclusive.  I am not so sure that YA HAVE TO BE a Christian to have faith in the Word of God??  I do not know ??

1. mohitmisra profile image59
          mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Have you never heard of the Hindu masters the Holy Vedas, Bhagwat Gita, Zaratushtra -Zend Avista?
          They existed much earlier than Jesus.

I have never read them but from what I have heard you talking about; I would have to say that I can't argue about much of what you have said.  If I did it would be concerning  degerees of depth and intensity of absolute-ness.  Seems to me that we are saying almost tha same thing looking at it from tha other side of the fince.

46. earnestshub profile image81

You'll notice that with megalomania
    the people all think they are brainier
    The sad truth is they
    washed their brains right away
    which leave them a little insaneia

47. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Giggity giggity goo.

48. earnestshub profile image81

Don't you mean the 615 commandments?
    You will be pleased to see the ten commandments are replete with the usual psychotic threats! lol

1. aka-dj profile image65
      aka-djposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, no, not really.
      Here's the last one
      "Love one another, as I have lived you"
      That's the one that counts!big_smile

49. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Schwing!

Schwing? smile

1. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nice take on the church.

50. The Rope profile image61
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

Oh "lordy", Earnest, you just had to start this didn't you? tongue

Where there's a need....... smile

1. The Rope profile image61
        The Ropeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have truly come to appreciate you...you always bring a smile - and a challenge.  wink

You're too kind! And if you are on the other side of the argument I really mean too kind! lol
          Have you seen my lovely religious hub? smile

1. The Rope profile image61
            The Ropeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In the words of Mae West "Dahling, I've read 'em all"...  Been following you for some time.

That is nice to know, although I would like to say I am updating all the time, so some of the old ones are not as sloppy! Really I am chuffed, by the way MAe West cracked me up! She was one funny truck driver! I mean lady. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)