I earned $2000 from google....

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (29 posts)
  1. free4india profile image59
    free4indiaposted 14 years ago

I have earned $2000 from Google... so is it something that I should be congratulated about or laughed at?

1. oderog profile image48
      oderogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congract for that but I have to read your hubs, with just 17 hubs or you must be an internet market for many years

1. mailxpress profile image49
        mailxpressposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes I'm sure being an internet marketer for many years would help someone reach $2000 per month.  Writing is half the battle and marketing is the other half.

2. Brian Leighton profile image58
      Brian Leightonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was laughing because I spilt my coffee when I saw your post here. Now that I have restored a clam and reflective mood I must congratulate you on achieving what many people dream of achieving in a month with Google. I am curious though, how long did it take you to earn $2000 from Google ?

3. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

congrats, obviously, you must have other sites. good work, share your secrets. big_smile

4. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

wow, that is fantastic. good job!

1. free4india profile image59
        free4indiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks....

5. mailxpress profile image49

Hello all,

Many familiar faces in this Forum.  $2000.00?  I have to believe you either earned the $2000 combining many months or have many other webpages and blogs out on the web.  I have 52 Hubs, about 25 Blogs and a few websites out on the web and I earn between $50 and $100 per month with Adsense.  I do earn income from a few affiliate programs I have belong to for a few years and I just recently joined Kontera and already earned a few dollars with.  I would love to know how you earned in specific detail.

Many of you here are eager to reach your personal goal with Adsense.  I suggest you all join Kontera too.  Learn it.  Here is a tip for you all:  When you join Kontera and in your Affiliate Section put Kontera on all of your Hubs, you will only see Kontera ads when you are signed out of your Hubpages account.  It works that way AND you can use Kontera ads with Adsense Ads.  I did my research and asked questions to find that out.

I joined Hubpages to build an online business to supplement my income for my future.  As of today I'm joining Ebay and Amazon to earn even more money.  Hubpages has a lot to offer and is a great place to start.  Keep up the good work everyone and so happy to see so many familiar faces.

mailxpress

1. profile image0
        Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Before anyone follows this advice and puts Kontera on their hubpages. I would urge you to do a search on Kontera and see the experience of other hubbers. I would also urge you to read the Kontera TOS very carefully. If you do not have a large volume of traffic, it might be a very bad experience.

6. darkside profile image65
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you want to reveal how long it took?

2. manlypoetryman profile image79
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

My jaw just dropped to the floor...Congratz for sure!

3. free4india profile image59

yes i did not make them from hubpages and not all in a day... they say Rome was not built in a day..... and I always thought as a child that Rome was built at night! smile

4. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Brian, That's just what I was thinking. free4india hasn't said how long it took to make $2000 - 1 month or 2years. From just 17 hubs or do you have many more sites? The details tell us if that is fantastic or average.

I could post a similar statement - as I'm sure many here could. But my earnings are spread across many sites and $2000 would be a multi-month accumulation.

5. Helen Cater profile image60
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

I just had a look and with author score of 74, I don't think it's from here, but from other sites they have.

6. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Helen, sometimes my lowest scoring hubs have made me the most money. My hubber score and hub score don't reflect my earnings in any given time period.

But I am suspicious of this post. Generally when people are happy about earnings they gush with details not mystery.

1. Helen Cater profile image60
      Helen Caterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I thought you had to have an author score over 75 or else it is nofollow. Is this true? Yes I agree with you as some of my lower scores have the most earnings. I think this money is made outside of hubpages because it is a lot. If it is real then I would say well done and plz tell me how you did it.

1. sunforged profile image71
        sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

nofollow is only in regards to being able to pass ranking to outside sites(the site that the Nofollow tag leads to)...it has no effect on earnings from a hub..it doesnt make the link NOT work

Thanks for clearing that one up. I always thought it was what I said.

1. mailxpress profile image49

Hello Helen Cater nice to see you here.

I agree with your statement:
            But I am suspicious of this post. Generally when people are happy about earnings they gush with details not mystery.

If I started to earn that kind of money per month I would be more than happy to share the big secret.  All I can say is the big secret is write more Hubs, Blogs and Websites then promote the hell out of them.

Have a great week.
            mailxpress

Hi Mailxpress
              I would be interested to know how you get along with Kontera. I do not like the set up and find it ugly on my page, but I do know of others who like and use this. Plz keep us informed as very few actually use this affiliate.

2. mailxpress profile image49

Hello Helen Cater nice to see you here.

I agree with your statement:

If I started to earn that kind of money per month I would be more than happy to share the big secret.  All I can say is the big secret is write more Hubs, Blogs and Websites then promote the hell out of them.

Have a great week.
            mailxpress

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
          rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks for clarifying that as I believe many do not understand nofollow.

7. free4india profile image59

My hubs are doing really bad compared to my sites which do a lot a better in terms of earnings...... I wonder if it is because of my location ?

8. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

Ill put it in context for future readers of the thread:

Hubpages creates the nofollow attribute on hubpages authors with a hubscore below 75?

This used to be in conjunction with a hublevel called spammer

Hubpages is useful to site owners to create a backlink to their sites...for google they want the backlink to be dofollow so that Google passes linkjuice ( a mysterious algorithm that passes authority from a high PageRank site to another site as a result of the link)

If your hubpractices fail to make you seem as if you are a true community member than your pages lose the ability to pass that authority to outside sites.

NoFollow is really only a GOOGLE related tag...the other search engines do not officially care

so, nofollow is tag that googles spiders are supposed to read whne indexing and ranking..its saying that the site owner doesnt endorse the link that is being followed, its stilla hyperlink, the address is still their and your broswer will still follow

Not many hubbers have Hubs with PR anyway, I think last time i checked the best PR any individual hub of mine has is PR2 and my profile page is PR3..perhaps the people with 2/3 years here have better PR.

anybody have a PR4 or PR5 hubpage?

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My profile is PR4 but you're right, I checked a few Hubs and they were all PR3.

2. free4india profile image59
      free4indiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks ... that is a lot of info.

9. SandyMcCollum profile image63
    SandyMcCollumposted 14 years ago

PR4? PR5? Huh? Sorry, newbie here, I don't know what these are.

10. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

I don't know SF, do you mean our page ranking with individual hubs? would have to check and right now I'm starved, so must go buy food! enlighten us more. big_smile

11. The Rope profile image61
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

Thanks Nelle - we can always count on you for a level head and good advice!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)