I AM SOOOOO EXCITED

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (32 posts)
  1. Stimp profile image61
    Stimpposted 14 years ago

I don't know if this means anything at all.  However, I searched for "the grandest foal ben" in Google and a forum in which I shared that poem on hubpages came up as the first link.  Sure enough, I clicked on the link, scrolled down and there I was.  The second listing was my sharing the poem to another grieving pet owner.  Whatever it means, I'm excited.  I started my day out sadly because the unexpected and tragic loss of my beautiful boy is coming up this weekend so everyday is filled with a looming "dread" of this coming Sunday.  This was very exciting!!!  Maybe it means nothing to others but it means the world to me.

If you can send me some strength that'd be awesome as well.  Thanks all for listening/reading/looking.

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is wonderful! smile

1. Stimp profile image61
        Stimpposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, I think so too.....

2. C.V.Rajan profile image60
    C.V.Rajanposted 14 years ago

Just a curious question. Who on earth is going to search for the phrase "the grandest foul ben" except perhaps, you?

1. Stimp profile image61

Its really unfortunate that you are unable to share in the happiness of others...really, I feel sad for you.

1. Stimp profile image61

Perhaps its because you need to crush the happiness of others to feel better about yourself.  Sad, sad, sad place to be.  Been there, sugar, and it isn't a fun place to be.

1. Stimp profile image61

AND it just keeps getting better and better.....if you google that phrase now THIS forum comes up.  Thanks C.V. for putting me on the map smile

1. C.V.Rajan profile image60
            C.V.Rajanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There was a huge map of a vast desert that nobody visits. There stood a Palm tree in the middle, lonely and proud.

2. Stimp profile image61
      Stimpposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry my friend....<snipped>.

3. C.V.Rajan profile image60

The bubble grows larger and larger and it doesn't know that it has little strength of its own and that will burst at the slightest whiff of air. But it feels too proud about it!

1. Stimp profile image61

That's what SHE said.

4. C.V.Rajan profile image60

Someone smeared his face with coal tar and asked a passer-by "Am I not beautiful?" The good-hearted said "Yes" and went away, chuckling.

The level-headed showed a mirror and said "see for yourself".

IF you love delusion, be happy with what good-heated said.
    If you want to learn and grow, listen to what the level-headed says.

1. Stimp profile image61

Again, that's what SHE said.

1. Stimp profile image61

Why are you so incapable of just saying "hey good for you" instead of spewing psycho-babble.  If you are unaware of what physo-babble is....reread your previous posts.  Please understand that I AM not the one who is looking like an idiot here.......trust me.....

5. C.V.Rajan profile image60

Hi,

It's fun!

Only you and I are reading each other's posts. Two idiots calling shots at other. Good time pass!

CVR

1. Stimp profile image61

Exactly!!!

6. C.V.Rajan profile image60

Okay. Let me end the day with this short story of Ramana Maharshi.

Two travellers were sleeping in a Lodge. One, in his dream saw a thief taking his wallet and running away. He woke up crying "thief, thief.... Catch Him!....."

His co-traveller was awake. He said "Come on, it's all a dream!"

But the former could not yet come to his senses. He cried; "What nonsense! How hearless you are! Why don't you run and catch the thief instead of advising me, "It's all dream?"

Good night. Please. I have no ill will against you. Definitely.

CVR

1. Stimp profile image61

I get it....you were just playin'.  I too.  Have a good night.

7. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Hi Stimp, you get it going,,,,cheers and I am happy for you!

1. Stimp profile image61

Thanks!!!!

8. Tamarii2 profile image57
    Tamarii2posted 14 years ago

All of you enjoy your journey because could be cut short.

9. Blogging Erika profile image67
    Blogging Erikaposted 14 years ago

Are you kidding?  I love it when I show up in Google for weird phrases!  It's a funny little thrill.  Do I try to boost my SEO for non-weird phrases?  Sure!  But it's fun to see the odd stuff show up there, too.

10. C.V.Rajan profile image60

Again, to be practical, pragmatic and realistic, it only shows google's wonderful efficiency in fishing out even odd phrases from billions of content. It has nothing to do with our own success or popularity.

If I put C.V.Rajan in google search, atleast 3 to 4 pages will come with links to my profile pages and articles. That does not meke me a most sought after author, nor make me world famous! Even my next door neighbor will not know me! It is simply because, no one else, perhaps except me, will ever search for C.V.Rajan. Even my wife! (Because C.V.Rajan is my pen name).

Ecept for giving us a false sense of pride, it has no significance, unless and untill the search phrase has some importance and relevance to the information seeker.

1. Will Apse profile image88
      Will Apseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There are harsh and unnecessary lessons as well as kind, growth promoting lessons.

I'm a bit prone to being harsh myself, so I am in no position to judge.

2. Stimp profile image61
      Stimpposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Oh and then jealously gets you no where.  Your comments say more about you than me.  so again, <snipped>.

1. C.V.Rajan profile image60
        C.V.Rajanposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hi Stimp,

It has dawned to me very clearly that my uncalled-for comment made 6 years ago (and its sequel of exchanges at that time) has hurt you deeply and that hurt is still alive as you visit this page after a lapse of 6 years.

It is an eye-opener for the sarcastic person by birth that I am. There is a Sanskrit verse that I knew of since long ago but I had never tried to put it into practice in my life, because of my obsession with stating the cold truth in a blunt way. It says:
        " Speak the truth
          Speak soothingly
          If the truth is not really soothing,
          Better speak soothingly, not the truth"

My spiritual leanings could not so far help me put this gem of advice in my life so far. At least, let me make a start with you right now.

I sincerely seek your apologies for emotionally hurting you with my unwarranted comments loaded with sarcasm.

C.V.Rajan

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Oh dear Stimp, obviously you've learned nothing in 6 years about how Google works.

11. NateB11 profile image88
    NateB11posted 8 years ago

Kind of glad this thread was bumped because it's hilarious.

12. UnnamedHarald profile image91
    UnnamedHaraldposted 8 years ago

What a riot.

13. firstcookbooklady profile image84
    firstcookbookladyposted 8 years ago

Yes, because I thought Google would search through the internet and pull up any page that had [what was it?] the grandest foal ben and would present all pages with it on it. Unfortunately, this doesn't mean that the page is popular, it's more like reading the table of contents in a book. -- I haven't googled it yet, but my assumption it's about a horse named Ben. Am I right?

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That's exactly right.  If you type a Hub's title into Google, Google will always try to find the exact match if it can.   If no one else has written an article with that title, then yours will come up as the very first result. 

The thing is, that means nothing, except that people who know the title can find the Hub.

14. Kiss andTales profile image59
    Kiss andTalesposted 8 years ago

I am happy you have found some happiness in your work,  sad for your lost love. But always remember life may be short in this world , but it is not the end just because someone dies in God’s book, notice in your bible these important words.

New World Translation
    Ho 13:14 From the power of the Grave I will redeem them; From death I will recover them. Where are your stings, O Death? Where is your destructiveness, O Grave? Compassion will be concealed from my eyes.

Isa 26:19 “Your dead will live. My corpses will rise up. Awake and shout joyfully, You residents in the dust! For your dew is as the dew of the morning, And the earth will let those powerless in death come to life.

Re 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead in it, and death and the Grave gave up the dead in them, and they were judged individually according to their deeds.

Our human births was never impossible,  so the return of life would not be impossible either as written. 

But they will return when the earth is clean and prepared for the resurrection.
    You can have assurance this is a promise of God's word spoken

at 2Pe 3:13 But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)