Where are the content writing millionaires?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (31 posts)
  1. intriguewriter profile image73
    intriguewriterposted 14 years ago

Has anyone made a million from content writing?

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Stephen King maybe?

2. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Clearly you need to talk to the folks churning out the photo hubs.  It's obvious they have millions of something...

1. profile image0
        Pacal Votanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm befuddled (at best). Those photo hubs are being featured on the front page and they have hubscores of 95 and above. I just don't understand...

3. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I assume you mean on content writing sites.  The answer is obviously no, although there are a couple of people here cashing out $1,000 a month. 

Making big money on the internet is not as easy as people make out. If you want to make a living at it, you really have to move on from content writing sites to develop your own websites.

4. Lady_E profile image61
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It can be done. Just needs a lot of time and a lot of Connections smile

A few Millionaire Bloggers below:

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Most-Profit … of-Dollars

2. Uninvited Writer profile image78
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol big_smile

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

haha that was funny big_smile

3. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Yes, there are. These strange breed of writers are called authors. Most of them write content into expensive or catchy books with story's, poems, facts, and other things. If you find any be warned they are a mean race who live in the old times, they are rich and like staying that way.

You have been warned.

~thranax~

4. profile image0
    bloodnlatexposted 14 years ago

Here I am!  I've made millions just writing about whatever I wanted to.  The best part is that I just learned to read three months ago.

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

is it hard to read with one eye?

1. profile image0
        bloodnlatexposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just little bit

5. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years ago

There probably are a couple people who have made a million "hustling" gullible people who want to make easy money writing. But then, most of those people have been hustled themselves and are just hoping to spread the pain by finding people as gullible as they are.

6. Lissie profile image75
    Lissieposted 14 years ago

Well most of them are actually hmmm working rather than hanging out on forums - I have a friend who recently made $700 in one day running a freelancing business - its all about work ethic and thinking like a business owner

7. cheapplanetickets profile image59
    cheapplaneticketsposted 14 years ago

So, $1000 a month is the most anyone writing on hubpages is making?

I was under the impression that some people were making a good living off of the adsense rev. share here

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure that it's more than a few people - and more than $1,000. There are lots of hubbers who don't participate in the forums. There is very good money to be made at Hubpages and in affiliate marketing. But I'm not sure that many here would consider that "content."

8. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

I have made 13 cents..lol

9. Stimp profile image61
    Stimpposted 14 years ago

I've outdone you B.C.  I've knocked out 22 cents.  Bring it LOL

10. profile image0

lol..put our earnings together and we can get a can of soda to split  smile

11. profile image0

generic soda, maybe..lmao!!!

12. Dr23 profile image60
    Dr23posted 14 years ago

I'm new, but I got a couple decent priced clicks right off the bat. That sign lit a fire under me to keep thinking up good ideas for hubs that people might search for.

Takes time and effort to get any steady money, but the process is fun enough to keep me going!

13. creativeone59 profile image67
    creativeone59posted 14 years ago

It takes a little while and writing constantly for money to show up in your account. I finally have dollars in my account and it beats the heck out of pennies. creativeone59

14. kikolani profile image66
    kikolaniposted 14 years ago

I think that the content writers making millions are the ones that do full time blogging on their own sites in combination with sites like HubPages, Squidoo, etc.  And it isn't just the writing that gets them there -  it's about the affiliate marketing, mailing lists, product promotion, etc.

15. sooner than later profile image61
    sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

I saw a book once that said "How to make $2.00 from a million people" and the book was just over $2.00

1. Helen Cater profile image61
      Helen Caterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What a great idea. I might just knock one of those up myself. It would be easier if you could all send me the 2$ and I can then email you on how to do it LOL.

1. Lady_E profile image61

Lol. er.. I've actually decided to go cheaper as its Xmas. How to make £1 from a Million People - costing just £1.

1. Helen Cater profile image61
          Helen Caterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mmmmmm Sneaky!!

1. kirstenblog profile image78
            kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You got guys got me giggling my butt off here! I love it! Now to come up with a way to reproduce it! lol lol lollollollollol

1. Lady_E profile image61

wink

16. sooner than later profile image61
    sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

for sure. I have thought about that myself.

17. intriguewriter profile image73
    intriguewriterposted 14 years ago

well I have made a fortune from writing offline and was just wondering really, i am sure the bloggers out there have made a lot but not so much from writing sites. I know someone on Xomba who makes a 1000 a day so that is a lot of money i guess.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)