Ft. Hood shooter linked to al-Qaeda

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (167 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Madame Xposted 14 years ago
    1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Every progressive on this site! lol

2. ledefensetech profile image67
      ledefensetechposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I got into an argument with someone about PC being at fault in the shootings.  Looks like I was right.  PC in the military, that's another thing we can thank Billy Clinton for.

3. profile image0
      skylinerj34posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow! The investigation is already over. That was some quick work by the FBI. :-D

1. LiamBean profile image80
        LiamBeanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yup the Telegraph is such a reputable publication. They sure wouldn't imply something unproven or hint at something they couldn't possibly know. roll

4. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well this creep won't get away with it. he will have a MILITARY trial and i hope he gets justice in the form of a firing squad.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

"he had tried to make contact with al-Qaeda "

1. profile image0
      Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And what does that tell you?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
        Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It tells me that he tried...

1. profile image0
          Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And failed miserably

1. profile image0

Did you know that attempted murder is just as bad as murder? At least the law says so.

But al-Qaeda did not recruit him, he tried to get their blessing and obviously failed.

Of course, it was a horrendous crime and he should be punished for it...as he will be.

1. profile image0

Why go to them for "a blessing"? Obviously because of what they stand for - it was in line with his sick thinking, which was fanned by the same Imam who preached to the 9/11 terrorists. Why are you being so obtuse about this?

I am not. Obviously he decided to do this...and thought he would join them after the fact. There is a difference you know.

1. profile image0

So, you're saying that because he came around to the muslim jihad way of thinking after he joined the military that it wasn't terrorism? Or not an act of either war or treason against the US because of when he decided to act?

2. profile image0

Oh yea he will be surely punished in jail especially. big_smile That is if he makes it to jail but something might happen along the way...hopefully!

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
                  Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He will become someone's PRISON BITCH

1. profile image0

They will shave his legs and trade him for candy bars!

2. profile image0

that would be too good for this guy

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61

No No NO UW.  You're not connecting the dots.  He is a Muslim, just like Obama and this whole thing was planned in the white house as a distraction to the communist takeover of our healthcare system.

I'm really getting tired of having to spell it all out for you.  No wonder Canadian football sucks. mad

1. tksensei profile image60
            tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Still not cute, still not funny. What the hell is the point of comments like that? Do you think you're being clever?

What a waste of time.

1. profile image0

I don't know, Canadian football does suck!

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61

See?  A redneck Nazi and a dope-smoking communist can agree on something.  There is hope for the world. smile

*yawn*

2. profile image0
            Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lololol  I like a guy who can wield satire in the right nooks and crannies.

Subtlety--like, oh, I don't know, the meanings of different words--lol, are beyond them.  They do have trouble with ambiguity and complexity after all--scapegoating is just easier, damn it.  Doesn't tax the gray matter.

(And scarier.)

2. profile image0

Yes? A Muslim terrorist wanted to make contact with the most well known Muslim terrorist group, do you have a question?

3. TimTurner profile image68
    TimTurnerposted 14 years ago

Our intelligence agency is worthless.  Wasn't 9/11 enough to make sure you follow EVERY lead?

And how was he allowed to stay in the military?  Because they didn't want to discharge him without him paying back the government for his schooling??  Is that it Army??

I know our government is broke but that fool should've been discharged and followed like a hawk.  But nooooo...can't let him go without paying back his education. 

Then you try to send him to Afghanistan when you KNOW he was sympathetic to terrorist causes because the FBI was already alerted of his actions 6 months ago.

Who the hell made that decision??

1. profile image0

Or maybe it isn't . . .

1. TimTurner profile image68
        TimTurnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They definitely blundered with this guy.  They blundered with 9/11.

Granted, I'm sure they foiled many other plots against us in the U.S. but it would make me feel safer if they told us about certain plots.

1. profile image0

Yeah, like this one

4. mikelong profile image61
    mikelongposted 14 years ago

Read Operation Northwoods.

It can be found in full text on a pdf through google.

Read it, and then we can discuss this overall topic's theme in new light.

5. TimTurner profile image68

Not that I believe Obama is a radical Islamic dude but I guarantee you that we have Al Queda dudes climbing the ranks of our military.

They are patient as hell and I'm sure some of them enlisted long ago just climbing and waiting.

Did you know <b>YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A U.S. CITIZEN</b> to join the U.S. military? http://www.todaysmilitary.com/faq/entra … ts#foreign

How crazy is that?

Sorry, it thought basic HTML would work in a post.

But, yeah, it just boggles my mind how you don't even need to be a U.S. citizen to join our military.  Makes absolutely NO SENSE!

1. profile image0

It does if you want to build a military that doesn't care about Americans or our Constitution.

2. profile image0
        ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Armies have been built like that since human race began. Look at The Romans, they were a completely non-exclusive multi-cultural society. I had a great uncle who served in the French Foreign Legion, he is about as french as starbucks. The British army has whole regiments of Ghurkas, from Nepal, and have had since the 19th century.

That said, I would want a very strict screening process on non-British born Muslims.... and would very much hope that there is one present. In fact, all muslims, since the tube bombers were British born also....

3. mikelong profile image61
        mikelongposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually it makes perfect sense.  When I was in the Marines i served along with men and women from South Korea and the Dominican Republic. The military service needs willling and able people to do a job that most Americans (who benefit from the global imbalances that the military propogates) refuse to do.

I also noticed, while serving at many duty stations across the nation and on different parts of the planet, that Black, Hispanic, and Asian make up a disproportionate percentage of overall manpower within the military.....with ethnic minorities making up the majority within the most grueling of job classifications.

Those who served with me, though from foreign nations, did so honorably, and I don't believe that there is any way to justify xenophobia, which characterizes the remark to which I am responding here.

I'm sure that most of the "Blacks", "Asians" and "Hispanics" you served with were American citizens.  I don't know many African Americans who are actually from Africa.

And, unfortunately, with the new world of terrorism, we need to be stricter with who joins our military.  Things need to change.

We can't even watch over our own citizens, much less foreigners in our military.  Makes no sense to me in this day and age.

1. mikelong profile image61

You seem to miss my point.  The people whom I mentioned from South Korea, the Dominican Republic, and elsewhere speaks to the diminished whiteness of the military....

Secondly, it is wrong to associate terrorism with foreignors solely....and quite misguided.

Also, read Operation Northwoods....then we can have a real conversation about military policies, national security, nationality, and terrorism...

I don't care about the "whiteness" of the military, as you put it.  I'm talking about non-U.S. citizens.  White has nothing to do with it.  I don't want Russian non-U.S. citizens in our military.

We can't live with past rules.  We have to change and adapt to the current times.  Terrorism is our new enemy, not Russia or China.  They even have their own terrorist groups after them.

We have to screen our military more than before or we'll have more of these incidents happening.  Yes, this Ft. Hood dude was a U.S. citizen but his actions showed he sympathized with terrorist ideologies.  Our government did not watch him as closely as they should've.

Maybe there were too busy keeping tabs on non-citizen troops who were doing suspicious stuff to worry about this other dude.

Let's cut down our worries and only enlist U.S. citizens.

I guess you don't read the papers.......military enlistment is suffering, and American citizens are not as willing to participate anymore......

Aside from ongoing economic distress and the collapse of public education, at least in California, on the home front, how does the military complex drum up the ever increasing numbers that it demands???

Supply and demand coupled to desire of the individual youth to either enlish or not......

There is a point when reality sets in...

Plus I suppose no one here knows what the School of the Americas is and what its graduates have been up to....all financed by your tax dollars.....

Terrorism?

....I call it ignorance..

You don't read the same papers I do.  Enlistment has been on an all-time high with the Air Force and Army hitting their goals in record time.

Not sure where you're getting your info.

But it's ok to recruit questionable people, according to you, just to make goals.  That will surely protect us!

2. prettydarkhorse profile image62
                prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

will it solve the problem, this is not a problem of race or whatever, or terrorism, it is a psychological problem, and all sorts of people can be affected, whether you are a US citizen or not,  Many military men have traumatic experiences brought by training, field battle or inner turmoil. There was an interview yesterday in CNN and the US colonel said that there is a rise in cases of psychological problem in the military.

1. profile image0

What better way for a terrorist to obtain the needed combat skills than to enlist in the US Military? I don't think the problem is so much the NON US citizen factor than it is relaxing rules to provide warm bodies to serve. Gang members have been joining the military for these reasons why is it so hard to accept terrorist are doing the same thing?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
                    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes, your probably right, we dont exactly know how many of them have joined the US military already....I dont know the screening process in the military......specially for those who have tendencies to be suicidal or terroristic ones, maybe a consistent follow up is needed and they should not disregard small and initial problems when they noticed that something is wrong with a military man.

2. profile image0

I was a rich whiteboy who did some "grueling" things in the Marine Corps, I didn't complain and most of those I served with didn't either, no matter their lot in life!

2. profile image0

I don't think the situations are the same anymore, or that xenophobia plays a part in this. The evidence is mounting that we must be more diligent in whom we allow into our military.

2. profile image0

Cool, does that mean I can try out? Would serving in the US military win me a green card? Wouldn't mind a bit of Miami!

1. profile image0

I doubt you'd make through basic . . .

1. profile image0

And your quite right to doubt me...

1. profile image0

LOL smile

6. mikelong profile image61

Also, the Marine whom I spoke of from the Dominican Republic, for all intensive purposes, was African-American.

Do we forget that black slaves left the west African Coast bound for the Dominican Republic (Spanish colony of Hispaniola), Cuba, and the colonies that would become the United States?

When this man becomes an American citizen, which he will if he hasn't already, what "ethnicity" box would he check?

"Dominican Republic" doesn't work.......  So, shut up the ignorant babble and start using critical thinking skills.  Anything less is a waste of brain matter..

Why are you giving all these people excuses???  Why can't these non-citizens take the citizenship test???  If they are willing to die for the U.S., they should have no problem becoming a citizen.

End of story.

1. profile image0

Yeah

Can I give you a citizenship test and see if you pass?

Can I revoke your citizenship if you don't and give it to someone who is willing to learn?

African-Americans were serving in the military long before they were considered citizens, as did Mexicans, Japanese, and many others.....of course, what does citizen mean anyway, aside from being subject to the protections of the Constitution of the United States, right?

"These people"?

Why don't we have a discussion about the Dominican Republic, Mexico, South Korea, Vietnam, or the many places that American military recruits come from and see what American backed forces and industries have left for "these people".

Again....xenophobia plus ignorance equals misguided perceptions of things like terrorism.

Look at the recent settlement paid out by Shell Oil to the Ogoni in Nigeria.....

Terrorism?

Think about where your gas dollars go....

Terrorism??

Read the March 2006 Citigroup memo detailing why, in our American plutonomy, the price of oil will increase in the future....and then realize that "these people" is the clasification that they pass down on to you....

All this can be found easily online....and then there is Operation Northwoods.........I believe it mentions something about "developing a Cuban Communist Terror Campaign in the Miami and Washington areas" as well as other places........

How does one "develop" such a thing....especially when the publisher is the Department of Defense....

Critical thinking skills anyone?

1. profile image0

What are you talking about? The point here is one of loyalty and how to prove it. Becoming a citizen goes a long way toward that. Nobody cares what color they are.

I disagree.

I don't believe that citizenship signifies loyalty at all....it is simply something touted like a status symbol....something that most Americans take for granted because they randomly happened to be born here.... Do we discriminate against those who have been given a different status based off something out of human control?

Doesn't this distrust of others work only to undermine our ability to diffuse the social, political, and economic inequalities arbitrarily set up by nationality status, and even exacerbate discontent against America??

And all we will contine to say to places like the Dominican Republic and elsewhere is "we will establish ourselves in your nation, and benefit from your human and natural resources, and cut off from you a path to move out of the status that we have helped create......I guess if you're from the Dominican Republic you might as well work really hard at baseball....then your citizenship won't matter.....

Loyalty is found through the willingness to sacrifice self for a larger idea.....citizenship does not establish that.....there are enough of my fellow legal, documented Americans who have been found to be otherwise....history speaks to this far more than I can.

2. TimTurner profile image68

How many times do I need to say this...THE RULES NEED TO CHANGE so quit bringing up the past dude!

Yes, great we allowed non-citizens in during the past.  Great!

But guess what?  Times need to change.

Quit bringing up past military practices.  I'm not arguing that dude.

And yes I can pass a citizenship test because I helped my friend pass his and studied with him for weeks.  Yes it's hard but who cares???  I want it to be hard.  So you must be implying that it's easier to pass the military tests than a citizenship test.

Geez dude...keep bringing the excuses to allow non-citizens in the military.  What is so wrong with them being citizens???

You know that you are talking about a reinstatement of the draft don't you?

How?  All the branches exceed their goals way early this year.  And if they didn't and the draft needed to be started again, then so be it.

No one should be scared to defend this country that are U.S. citizens.

Yo. Dude! I just asked a question. Simmer down.

That's why the quotas were filled with no foreign nationals right?

I'm sure there were some.  But, again, that doesn't make it right.

Re-open the draft if we can't find enough U.S. citizens.

2. mikelong profile image61

I'm not talking about the past....you just fail to see the present...and I feel for you...really.

The School of the Americas is not the past....

Shell Oil global terrorism subsidized by American consumers and supported by American favoritism is not the past.....it is ongoing..

I think more people here should enlist and serve....and then speak.

I have watched, while in the Marines, pressures either from deployments, abuse from within from fellow servicemen, or stressors dealing with relationships represent itself in a variety of ways.....

The military, also from my personal experience....especially in classified jobs, like I had, take a very negative attitude towards seeking mental health assistance. 

Thusly, if the military had done the right thing, which was to let this man leave the service and settle his education related debts another way, this event would have never happened.

What country one comes from, what religion he or she has, or what citizenship is held is irrelevant.

And there is another part of this issue that completely goes unnoticed....of course because most of those talking have never been in the military, and therefore have no clue.

Every base I ever served on had foreign military men stationed there.....In my intel unit we had an Australian officer working with us.

I have met jet pilots from Egypt....the vigorous international training that takes place on each base across the nation enables people....military trained people wearing the uniform of other nations, to work and live on American bases....

So....if we can't trust an American soldier in uniform.....should we ban all international personnel from U.S. bases?

They could be a threat, right?  Especially if their Muslim?

The logic of the "foreigners out" camp here is ridiculous....and the religous intolerance that is boiling under the surface in this whole thread is troubling.

3. tksensei profile image60

Why, do you think it's difficult? The difficult part is completing the mountains of paperwork and slogging through the massive, maddening bureaucracy.

7. mikelong profile image61

Operation Northwoods.........

1. profile image0

So you think maybe this was a staged act of terrorism? You think that the suspect would still be alive if this was the case? I think your "critical thinking" skills have done you a disservice!

1. profile image0

Actually, being "staged" is probably the only "reason" he is

1. profile image0

If it was staged I guarantee he would be dead! Can you say Lee Harvey Oswald?

1. profile image0

good point

8. mikelong profile image61

Well, after decreasing their enlistment goals for the year, I do believe that the Army will show a filled quota....

But profiteering of economic loss on the home front is nothing to be proud of.

9. TimTurner profile image68

This is what happens when you have non-U.S. citizens in our military.....they don't want to fight against their people when the U.S. goes to war with their people.  You know why? Because they are loyal to the country of their citizenship!

My dad's friend who was in the U.S. Army was Serbian and remember when we sent troops to protect Croatia?  Guess what happened?  He got issued orders to defend Croatia!

The military threatened to kick him out if he didn't go and guess what?  He didn't.  He got to keep his education and everything.  Taxpayers paid and he's not even a U.S. citizen.

This is a real-life scenario.

Hasan was born in Virginia. Last time I checked Virginia is in the United States.

This is one of the many things that makes this so disturbing.

Hasan is an educated medical doctor with a degree in psychiatry. He's a U.S. citizen...by birth. He's a Major in the Army with most of his formal education in the military.

This is a betrayal on so many levels it's hard to comprehend.

Geez dude, I am talking about non-U.S. citizens.  I never said anything about Hasan not being a citizen.

My argument has been about non-U.S. citizens in our military.  Read my posts please.

We aren't talking about Hasan anymore? Sorry, I lost track.

Others are...I'm talking about non-U.S. citizens in the U.S. military.  I'm on the side with not allowing them anymore.

Yes, only American citizens should die for your country...

For the U.S., yes!

2. profile image0

Entirely off topic

Well...I was just commenting on what he said...not off topic at all

1. profile image0

Are there some Canadians that want to die for America? I believe in everyone's right to die for what they believe, especially terrorists!

2. profile image0

It is your sarcasm that is off-topic. Your desire for "multi-culturalism" in the US military and it's PC leanings are seriously misguided in light of the current events.

10. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

we never really know if he snapped or not, in other countries military suicide is high, but not like this one, they rather just kill themselves not involving others, we dont really know what is going on in his mind, one is certain, there is flaw in hiring US military men? dont see this happening in any other countries?

11. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

"Hasan is an educated medical doctor with a degree in psychiatry. He's a U.S. citizen...by birth. He's a Major in the Army with most of his formal education in the military."

You forgot Muslim terrorist!

So you say. I'll wait for the military analysis.

But don't you think the military will come to the conclusion that makes them look good and not negligent?

No, I don't.

2. profile image0

Good question!

3. LiamBean profile image80

In this particular case they might. Usually, they are damned honest, but when there's this much political liability at stake who knows. I keep thinking about My Lai.

2. profile image0

Suit yourself

12. Uninvited Writer profile image80

Anyway, sorry to get off topic again but I'm off to have some sushi.

1. profile image0

HAVE SOME FOR ME TOO UW lol

13. Uninvited Writer profile image80

Maybe they are trying to wait until all the facts are in before they decide.

Anyway, I'm definitely off now.

14. topshelf profile image60
    topshelfposted 14 years ago

You really can't trust the media in today's world...

I think if one watches enough news from a number of perspectives one can actually weed out the crap and get a good handle on what's known. But it can sure take up a lot of time.

1. profile image0
        Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes.  This.

1. profile image56
          C.J. Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amazing isn't it....so difficult to find the truth.  We need Walter back!LOL Now there was a communist!  However he was trusted! Why? Journalistic integrity...kept his personal beliefs out of his reporting.

2. profile image0

Trust isn't a word I would ever use whilst discussing the media . . . but discerning why they're saying what they do can be a fun little exercise smile

2. profile image56
      C.J. Wrightposted 14 years ago

Read the reports. This has been considered before it happened. Senate and DOD investigations have been done that stated "lone wolf" members of the military could be radicalized. The research and monitoring has been going on since 9/11.  It would appear we got ourselves a lone wolf jihadist. This guy was doing research on GWOT and the effects on American Muslim soldiers.  I think he was swayed over to jihadist/terrorist.   I'm pretty darn sure that is going to be the Army's official response. Is he a "terrorist/jihadist" I think in his mind and America's popular definition...yes.  Mark my words... Lets review.

He started out a good guy. 9/11 came and went and he begain to question, he got hung up on the wrong ideology and presto, we got ourselves a "lone wolf jihadist"

3. Beyond-Politics profile image73
      Beyond-Politicsposted 14 years ago

This "link" to Al-Qaeda is tenuous at best.  Let's wait for the evidence one way or the other before jumping to conclusions.  People like some of these posters are so paranoid that they're starting to see terrorist behind every tree and rosebush. And Obama for the record, Obama is NOT a Muslim...what is with you people and the conspiracy theories and paranoid delusions?

1. profile image0

roll

2. tksensei profile image60

Haven't been following the news today?

3. ledefensetech profile image67
        ledefensetechposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He shouted Allahu Akbar as he started shooting.  Do you know of any other group other than Islamic religious fundamentalists who use that particular battle cry?  He was overheard praising various suicide attacks and vocal about his disappointment that the President hasn't reduced troop levels overseas.  It's not jumping to conclusions but going where the facts lead us. 

Why is it that so many people are afraid we're going to go on a Rosewood-style rampage because of this?  If there was any time in history that we would have done such a thing, don't you think 9/11 would have been that day, 9/12 at the latest.  I think you underestimate most Americans when you think they can't handle things like this.  We can.  We've faced these sorts of threats before and have overcome them.  Remarkably with more to fear now than we did in the dark days of WW II, we still haven't sunk as low as our forefathers did then and put these people into interment camps.

4. profile image56
      C.J. Wrightposted 14 years ago

I think some people are afraid of the truth. Afraid of what the truth could lead to....widespread, indiscriminant attacks on Muslim’s in America.  I think America by and large is bigger than that. Do I think that some American's may act out? Absolutely! I believe that will happen no matter what the truth regarding these events at Ft Hood turns out to be. Reckless violence begets reckless violence. It’s a fact, a part of human nature, and there is no getting away from it. Some people will always respond inappropriately, just make sure your not one of them. It's about personal responsibility. What have we come to in America when telling the truth is iresponsible because some one may react irationally?

5. rhamson profile image70
      rhamsonposted 14 years ago

With some of the sentiment in here it is will truly take an amazing act of justice to even approach the shooters motive.  This is nothing new as we have tried a lot of cases in the media.  It feeds Americas need for instant gratification.

1. profile image56

Your statements are filled with irony as you write them on the internet.

1. rhamson profile image70
          rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The use of irony is unintentional I assure you.  I try to look at the two sides of the argument and decipher the sentiment and respond to it.  I really do try to not be deceptive but sometimes sarcasm is the result.

1. profile image56

I know it. Its frustrating. I didn't mention it to be argumentative.

1. rhamson profile image70
              rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know this to be the case with you.  I enjoy your cool headed posts and sometimes they are the only thing that snaps the topic back into relativity again.  Keep on truckin'

1. profile image56

Thanks, I appreciate that comment. My whole reason for visiting the forums is to test my own beliefs while gaining a better understanding of others.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)