Hub Etiquette

Jump to Last Post 1-48 of 48 discussions (86 posts)
  1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Let me start by saying I'm a true Southerner, and most of us from old Southern families worship the etiquette deity. Have you heard the joke that explains why Southern women don't participate in group sex? Too many thank-you notes to write.

I'm saying this so you'll hopefully understand where I'm coming from. Do most of you try to respond at least some of the time to comments on your hubs? I do. I at least thank readers for stopping by. I'm sure I miss one occasionally, but I do make an honest effort. I also try to read and comment on others' hubs every day, and 90% of the time, the writer leaves a response. But then there's that other 10% - the ones who NEVER respond, no matter how many of their hubs I read and comment on. How long would it take for the hubber to simply post "thanks."

My question: Am I expecting too much?

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

good joke...yes I try to respond to every comment made on my hubs...

2. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I respond 99.9% of the time and if I miss one and catch it later on , I wrote a true apology to them.smile

3. stanwshura profile image72
      stanwshuraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now I'm officially confused.  I've read on other writing sites that it is "bad netiquette" to respond to responses to your own writing.

My inclination prior to seeing this argument unfold into some honestly almost ridiculous heat, was to shower "my readers" with appreciation, and return the favor, commenting favorably if their stuff strikes me so. 

So, yeah.  Now I'm curious, too.  Which is it?  Should we respond, even if just a quick "thank you", or are we obliged to avoid "artifically inflating" our article's traffic?  I'd love to know.  Thanks.

-stan

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

if you look at some of the top hubbers who have been here for years and know online etiquette, you will see that most of them do not comment after each comment, some rarely comment. it becomes a bit narcissistic as was stated before to comment on your own writing after each comment. I believe some do it to increase their comments... which to me is artificial.

1. wsp2469 profile image60
          wsp2469posted 14 years agoin reply to this
          1. rebekahELLE profile image85
            rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

the particular hubbers I'm thinking of have blogs, websites plus hubpages and have been active in the online world for many years.  from what I know and have read about online etiquette concerning blogs, articles, the writer should acknowledge those that leave comments and may leave a thank you. personally, I think a thank you is very nice, but not necessary after every comment.

4. Helen Cater profile image59
      Helen Caterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, I do not think you are expecting too much. if someone comments on my hub, I will comment on there hub. I am polite, and feel this is part of the hubpages community.

5. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Habee, how do you know whether they respond or not?  Do you make a note of every Hub you leave a comment on, and go back and check?  I think not.

Saying thank you on your own Hub is like saying "thank you" after someone has left the room - pointless, because in most cases the commenter will never come back to see whether you said thanks or not.  I will comment back if I have something meaningful to say, but not otherwise.

1. mistywild profile image59
        mistywildposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you can go back to the comment by clicking on comments you made icon under my account.

6. mistywild profile image59

no, matter of fact I have already replied to the comment you left on my hub big_smile

2. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Uh oh, did I forget to respond to one of your comments on a hub of mine?

1. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you should look sheepish!

1. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

3. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 14 years ago

Hi, Yes I always respond because I am one of those sad people who like the idea of talking to people in other countries! finding out the sort of things they do, etc It still fascinates me to think that I can type something one minute and have an answer back quickly even though we are across the world! I think I had better shut up I am showing my age!...Nell

1. profile image0

Actually, that is a source of never-ending amazement for me, too. I'll just hide my age if that's okay. big_smile

1. profile image0
        lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Baaaaaaaaad one dude lol

1. profile image0

Hey! Didn't I just see you in another thread back there? big_smile

1. profile image0

no, that was my bed lol

1. profile image0

Oi. tongue

4. Miss Belgravia profile image60
    Miss Belgraviaposted 14 years ago

Yes, you may be expecting too much. People are on this site for many reasons, and have varying degrees of involvement with the "community." I think a 90% response rate is actually quite astounding.

5. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

I always stop what I am doing and respond immediately to each comment, it's the least i can do in appreciation that they took the time because we all know how much time leaving comments can take - time consuming and overwhelming, so I say thank you to every comment, cheers big_smile

6. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

Hi Habee,
    It's a very fair question. There are many hubbers here who take their fan base and fandom very seriously. Being a good fan is important to them. I can see it is to you as well.
    I think you can never, ever go wrong with commenting back to people who leave comments on your hubs. Now, if you get lucky enough to log on and find 20 comments on one of your hubs, that's a lot of "thank you" comments. You could leave a general "thank you"and just mention everyone's name.

But I agree with those above who say different people here have different motives. I go by the saying, "Keep your own side of the street clean." Better to be concerned with your own behavior. Others will or won't reciprocate -- and that's on them.

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Habee - you should listen, she has purple hair smile

2. kverdasmith profile image60
      kverdasmithposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That was a well thought reply. I liked it.

7. profile image0
    Wendi Mposted 14 years ago

I agree,I try to respond to everyone.

If someone takes the time to read one of your hubs, then goes one step further and comments on that hub...the least you can do is say thank you.

8. Green Lotus profile image61
    Green Lotusposted 14 years ago

I try to keep up with my replies, and as a relative newbie I still find the concept of communicating fearlessly within a community of writers globally is nothing short of thrilling. So, I guess it's a two-way street.

9. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Um, I just checked my E-mail. Sorry about the late reply, habee. I guess I should get a little better about my replies. sad

10. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

I do respond, but not after every post, but I will always thank each person for commenting. I think with the nature of sites like this where comments are allowed, some people respond and others don't. I certainly wouldn't take it personally. I think everyone appreciates a genuine comment whether it's given a thank you or not.

some are more time constricted than others and may be at work and it's impossible to respond after each comment. smile

11. profile image0
    Scott.Lifeposted 14 years ago

I come through every other day or so and respond to comments in groups. I do appreciate comments but I think its a little narcissistic to keep coming back to make replies to comments on a hub you just wrote, afterall in my case I just spent 1200 words expressing my opinion. Honestly, if you want to really interact with the author and start a conversation why don't you just email them then? Do people really need that kind of constant reinforcement that says you've been noticed in order to feel validated and real, by seeing a reply that says yes I read your words. If you like someone's hub then comment but to say they don't appreciate you, or are being rude is a little judgmental and arrogant at least. Maybe some people work alot or have busy lives. Maybe they don't have time to reply to every single comment. Maybe they feel as I do that some comments speak for themselves and to reply would cheapen the sentiment and seem a little like always trying to have the last word. People come to read my hubs and I am grateful, but my space for talking was above the comment box.

1. profile image0
      Duchess OBluntposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well Scott, I read this and just had to respond.  Even if you have taken the space above for your talking. smile  I can agree with your sentiments, but I have to admit I'm one of those narcissistic individuals who just LOVES to come back and read the comments.  Maybe I am just not as confident as some of you guys (because you are all good).  The comments most often are encouragement (for me at least) to keep it up.   I'm glad you're grateful for our comments, but I think that comes through because you are always commenting on our hubs.  So, in your own way you do show your gratitude - no?

12. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I admit that I sometimes do not answer comments. But also, when I leave a comment on someone else's hub I don't usually go back to see if they commented back unless I asked a specific question.

13. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

I attempt to comment after ever comment left.  I may not always make it before several are left and if that happens I will try to address each person in one comment box.

It's just good PR the way I see it.

Then again, I'm a southern gal myself.

14. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

Im coming from the complete opposite side of the fence here.

On other hubs, when im really interested and I end up reading the whole thing and than scanning through the comments only to see

commenter  says:
    4 days ago

Oh man... what a great hub idea

writer  says:
    4 days ago

Thanks, I appreciate your comments!

candism  says:
    4 days ago

Very helpful, thanks!

Writer says:
    4 days ago

Thank you for visiting and commenting, Candi

Commenter  says:
    4 days ago

This really applies to me  Thanks for writing this, I shall definitely keep these tips in mind.

Writer  says:
    4 days ago

Im glad i could help, Thanks for reading.

commenter3  says:
    4 days ago

The pictures looks wonderful and you have some really good ideas

Writer says:
    3 days ago

Thank you for reading and and your commenting

and so on and so forth

It just seems like a bunch of people giving high fives to each other, rather than an actual continuation of the topic..so personally if a comment doesnt add value, I rarely even accept it anymore...most of the time I will leave it up for a bit right after it was submitted because i do appreciate that someone took the time to read and comment...its just to bad it nots something suited to be visible for posterity on a public page..that being said, just leaving it up for a little while is the best compliment I have for those short little comments.

when someone adds a valuable piece of information or asks a question, they get a proper response and Im excited to feel that the reader actually read to the end and has curiosity for more or wants to share information with me.

the "thanks" button is a little arrow that says rate up..at least in my eyes

compared to the rest of the people in this thread i feel bad smile ..so i will say everyone who leaves a comment, i click on their hublink and read their latest hub, if its good for one of the networks I work with, ill twitter it out (to 5.7K ) or share it on facebook (900 people), if i can add value, i will comment if i cant.. ill rate it up

I dont think this is rude behavior..its more like our hubs are little businesses and we each have different dress codes

15. wsp2469 profile image60
    wsp2469posted 14 years ago

I always respond to comments ASAP.  Mind you, no one knows I exist but still . . . IF I am online I respond as soon as I find out about a comment.  There was a time I didn't know how to do it or didn't even notice but now I pretty much respond as soon as I know.
    In fact, there are a special couple of hubbbers who communicate with me via e-mail on occasion and I respond to them ASAP, too.
    I don't always know if people have responded to MY comments but if you comment on MY hubs I answer as soon as I possibly can.
    Mind you, if you are one of the people who send me pictures for my one hub series I get back to you almost as fast as I get back to you few special hubbers.
    maybe it's easy for me to say that since I have a lot of hubs but most people still don't know I am here.

1. profile image0

I know you exist wsp big_smile

16. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Um, Scott, I read my initial post again just to make sure, but I didn't call anyone "rude." In fact, that word did not come up at all. I was just wondering how others felt.

Like most of you said, when I get several comments in a row before I can respond, I don't make several posts to address each reader. I do it all in one post.

I appreciate everyone's input, and like I said, this might just be a "Southern thang." lol. Gosh, I know everyone is busy with work and families!

1. profile image0
      Scott.Lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Habee I didn't say you said it was rude but this is the third thread about not replying to comments that I've seen in the last month and they're all pretty much the same, and what you were implying is that its rude, I think we all picked up on that. If what I said did not apply to you then it shouldn't offend you at all.

17. dave272727 profile image62
    dave272727posted 14 years ago

I try to make a comment after every comment just to let the reader know that I appreciate his or her input.  Sometimes I don't know what to say to them, but I make an attempt.  James Watkins is probably the best example of an author that makes comments after every comment.  His comments usually are a continuation of his hubs.  I guess its just a matter of preference really.  There is no rule that you have to reply to every comment.  I have heard that more comments make your hub more attractive to search engines, but there is no proof of that to my knowledge.

18. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Scott, I'm known for pretty much saying what I mean. I really didn't know if the behavior was "rude" or not, that's why I asked if I was expecting too much. This is my first time on a writing site that allows and encourages comments, so I wanted some feedback from the "old timers" here on HP. Otay, Bu'wheat?

Okay, Scott, c'mon' - say "OTAY!"

1. profile image0
      Scott.Lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry I got distracted by another Hub I'm dukin it out with two know it alls, I know what you were asking habee, I just wouldn't worry about it. If they don't reply they're probably just busy or something. Just concentrate on getting comments to your Hubs that's really what matters as it is indicative to traffic and hits. i know we all like to be assured that our opinion has been heard but we can't always get that so we go on, besides even if they don't respond as long as its up everyone else will see your comment.

19. RKHenry profile image63
    RKHenryposted 14 years ago

Oh how ironic and sweet this is.  Seriously Scott, who do you think you are kidding? 

You just jump all over me for NOTHING!  I've never came across you before, until just a minute ago.  And you were such a jackass, for NO GOOD REASON.

So what gives?  Think you can just come in here and hide, and pretend like you are totally innocence on everything?  You have NO place in a forum, based off this subject matter. As I will admit, since I am the better man- nor do I.  But you've totally mixed oil and water in here.

Comical really, very comical.

20. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Dave, you're right about James. KCC and Lyric do the same thing. I guess I just like the one-on-one interaction with the other writers!

1. dave272727 profile image62
      dave272727posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like the interaction as well.  I guess its a thrill for me to see that people like what I am writing.  I really didnt join hubpages to make money, but to improve on my writing and to communicate with other like minded individuals.  There are a lot of VERY good authors here and I enjoy reading what they have to say.

21. Mrvoodoo profile image58
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

If I could ban comments from fellow hubbers but not from external visitors I just might consider doing so.

Primarily because comments from hubbers make me feel bad when I often don't have the time or enthusiasm to respond to comments or read the hubs of others.  I came to HP primarily to write and make a little money, and whilst I have met some great people and occasionally enjoy chilling in the forums, I didn't really come to network.

And also because external comments tend to be more subject related, due to the fact that the visitor has specifically searched for that info.  Whilst from fellow hubbers they may be more along the lines of 'great hub'.

22. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Cool, Scott. I understand.

Mr. V, you raise a good point, too. I love comments from other hubbers, but when I get comments from outsiders, that's really sweet!

23. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Hi habee, I usually respond to comments except this week because I had travel stuff for work that I had to go through so I was late. I agree with you that it's just plain courtesy to comment back.

24. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

No,comment

25. cindyvine profile image70
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

My contribution to this discussion, do whatever blows your hair back and makes you feel good.  It's not like anybody will lose sleep because there was no reply to their comment.  If it makes you feel good to reply, then do it.  If you can't be bothered, then don't.  It's as simple as that.

26. The Rope profile image61
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

I try to respond if appropriate but I do miss a fair number due to time contraints. However, if I receive a comment, I definately make time to go look at the commentator's work and read at least one or two hubs leaving comments as I go and joining fan clubs if I like their work.  Somehow I feel this is the best way to work between writers.

27. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

RD, you're so funny. You can always make me smile...except for those times when you make me cry. lol

28. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I try to respond to a good number of comments, but sometimes (like this morning) I don't have time to think up the right words to comments that are worthy of careful thought - so I'll have to go back.  I kind of have a "philosophy":  If the comments "take issue" with something I wrote I'll address the issue.  If the comment is genuinely and particularly kind I'll try to think up just the right words.  If it's a quickie comment I may lump any quickie comments together and do a row of "name, thank you" kind of things. Sometimes, though, I don't want to look like I always need to have the last word; so I won't respond out of what I think is actually etiquette.   (Habee, I kind of miss your old pictures, not that anyone asked.  smile  )

29. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

I love comments on my hubs and I almost always respond. If the commenter is a new face I will check out and read their hubs. Mostly you find like-minded people this way.

30. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

"Have you heard the joke that explains why Southern women don't participate in group sex? Too many thank-you notes to write."

Now thats funny.

Habee, You dont have writer's cramp do you?

31. profile image0
    zampanoposted 14 years ago

Well, I've really got an easy life in HP.
    Few hubs, no comments, no responses.
    No problem.

32. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

Its a personal choice really

I generally respond to every comment. Unless I'm just not feeling it one day, then I might leave one unanswered. But, even then, eventually I usually find it again and answer it later. I do it because I like for the hubbers I comment on to answer my comments so I guess Its sort of a do unto others thing lol

Plus some comments are just too good to not get a response! lol

33. Hope Wilbanks profile image66
    Hope Wilbanksposted 14 years ago

I don't always respond, but not because I don't want to. Sometimes I just don't have the time to do so. But I do read and appreciate every comment left on all my hubs.

34. Jeffrey Neal profile image67
    Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

I try to respond to each comment, but I know that may get to be too tedious as I have more hubs.  HubPages is one venue for me, and I have a lot of other online tasks as well. 

If the commenter said something that is really thought provoking or asks a question, or even if it just gives me a chance to expand further on what the hub was about, I will always be responding.  Lately, I do tend to let them pile up a bit and respond to several at a time so as to be more efficient about it.

I prefer to spend more time commenting on other's hubs than to comment back on my own, though.

BTW, habee, I liked your joke! big_smile

35. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

So, Lisa - which pic did you like? The real me, my dogs, or the one of my grandson? This is my granddaughter. I've been experimenting! lol

I agree with what Zsuzsy Bee said. I enjoy "making friends" via reading and comments. I'm definitely a "people person"!

36. rmcrayne profile image90
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

I respond to all comments.  Whether this is related to my "Southerness", I would guess in part yes.  I write more to those that make some kind of point.  I at least acknowledge all readers.  I realize I may not be able to respond to all comments when I have 200 hubs and other writing gigs going on, or doing some work as a therapist.  I appreciate having comments, even those comments that many consider not to be 'value added'.  Being new, I'm glad to have some idea of who is reading my work.

1. The Rope profile image61
      The Ropeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Perfectly said, was always RM.  And isn't this a big part of the reason many of us are here on HP?

1. rmcrayne profile image90
        rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks friend.

37. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

i always try to respond. sometimes i reply to one then i go back to my comments list and it's empty and then i forget who commented, so sometimes comments go unanswered sad

i would hate for anyone to think i would be mean and deliberately ignore them ;_;

1. rmcrayne profile image90
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I view my comments from "my account", "comments", but I never hit "approve" on a comment until I am on that hub page with my reply window open, ready to respond.

38. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

I find that it is important for the feedback whether giving or receiving.  How else could one improve one's work?  I also believe in acknowledging the receipt of a comment.  After all, don't we write thank you notes for gifts we receive?  (or am I outdated now???)

1. profile image0

No, you are not.

39. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Oh, goodie! I see this practice is not just restricted to the Old South and to old Southerners like me! lol

40. KCC Big Country profile image85

Habee, as sweet as your dogs and grandkids are, I prefer the real pic of you. smile

41. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Otay, KCC! I'm going back to me. Now - where's the "real" you?

42. KCC Big Country profile image85

Hang on, I'll find my pic....and for a moment or two, you guys and gals will see the real KCC.

43. KCC Big Country profile image85

Ta....daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

1. kverdasmith profile image60

How do you post a comment without the text of the comment you are posting about? since you are doing that I figure I wil ask you.

44. KCC Big Country profile image85

Just hit reply and write.  Guess, I should clarify.....the button is the lower right corner of the page.

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OMG I didn't recognize you! KCC. I was wondering who the newbee was, and then I put on my glasses. Shouldn't drink wine and hub either.

1. KCC Big Country profile image85
        KCC Big Countryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Habee made me do it.  smile

I'll revert back to my cute little monkey self shortly.

2. kverdasmith profile image60

Thanks I found it DAH-AAA...You are awesome.

1. KCC Big Country profile image85
        KCC Big Countryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome.

45. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Because I often ask a question related to the hub, Marisa. I return later to find the answer.

KCC, leave up your real pic! You're lovely - way more attractive than a monkey. lol!

46. drej2522 profile image69
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

Mistyyyyyyyyyyyy!....

That's what I do, by the way..click on 'comments you made'

lol WHAT UP!!!!!!!!!!! that's why I suggested it, I guess some people don't know.

1. drej2522 profile image69
        drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

hehe...you found it!...I'm good. You?

It is very useful, the comment button.

fantastic big_smile still drinking lol

47. AnywhereGardener profile image60
    AnywhereGardenerposted 14 years ago

No, you're not expecting too much, it's just common courtesy.
    I have a question - I want to share a true story but to make it sound authentic swearing blue collar working guys are included, how do I swear in the story without offending? Also it requires me to figure out how to type a Cajun accent and being that I've never been down south any ideas where to find how to type this to sound authentic once again?
    Pacific NW girl

48. drej2522 profile image69
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

wait...from yesterday?

well, I took a break of course. never put the stuff in my cheerios.

1. drej2522 profile image69
        drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

ha smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)