Google Analytics

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (18 posts)
  1. paddy_avfc profile image59
    paddy_avfcposted 16 years ago

Hi guys and gals,

I've done a search of the forum but can't seem to find this problem.

I've set up an account at Analytics and inserted the code into my affiliate settings page.  I've set up a report in my Analytics account for a specific Hub but it is not tracking, I'm being told to paste a code into my webpage but as Hubpages doesn't give you the ability to paste in html etc I'm not sure what to do!

Any ideas?  How do you guys track individual Hubs?

cheers,
    Paddy

2. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 16 years ago

Analytics automatically tracks data by URL, so you should be able to drill down to any of your individual hubs without doing a thing.  It may take a day or two for you to start seeing data in analytics once you've set it up on the my affiliate page here.

3. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 16 years ago

I've seen this on the affiliate links, what exactly is it?

4. barranca profile image77
    barrancaposted 16 years ago

I just signed up for it a few days ago.  It gives you a ton of information about the traffic on your hubs.  Everything from page views to what browsers viewers are using.  Where they came from and how long they stayed etc. etc.  It is pretty amazing and a bit scary, I must say because it is probably the tip of the iceberg in terms of what can actually be tracked and sorted.

5. Stacie Naczelnik profile image69
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years ago

Yes, I'm super confused.  I signed up for Analytics also, but do I have to enter each hub individually, or is there something I can enter that will track all of my hubs for me?

Thanks.

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
      pauldeedsposted 16 years agoin reply to this

You do not have to enter each hub individually.  Just enter the UA- code that Google Analytics gives you when you signup (on your my account page at HubPages) and it should track all of your hubs and profile pages automatically.

Looking at what you have entered, it is possible that you entered the value incorrectly.  Usually the analytics ids follow this form:

UA-#######-#

What you have entered does not have the trailing dash and number.  It may or may not work that way ...

6. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 16 years ago

if you submit your profile page you will get the stats for every one of your hubs.....jimmy

7. nightcats profile image67
    nightcatsposted 16 years ago

I'd like some advice, please. Google analystics gives me a script to add. The Hub's affiliate page won't accept the script but asks for just one short string of code. I've entered the string of code which I copied from the script, but Google Analytics says it does not recognize it.

How exactly did you enter your code and what did you enter?

Thanks so much,
    June Campbell

8. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 16 years ago

Nightcats -- it appears to me that you have entered your analytics id here correctly.  Give it a day or two, and see if you start getting data over at analytics.

9. paddy_avfc profile image59

Thanks for the help Paul, I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong though as I setup the analytics account a few days ago now.

So far I tried setting up a channel in my account for a specific Hub but from what you've said I shouldn't have had to do this anyway.

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
      pauldeedsposted 16 years agoin reply to this

As far as I'm aware, channels are something you'd setup in Adsense.  You could set up a URL channel to track the adsense impressions, clicks, and revenue for a single hub.

Analytics is a separate product that gives you more data about the nature of the traffic to your hubs, such as geographic location, browser type, time of day, etc.

10. Stacie Naczelnik profile image69
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years ago

Thanks for the info Paul.  I knew my id # wasn't the right format, but figured I'd wait to learn more about Analytics before I tried to sort it all out.

11. paddy_avfc profile image59

Sorry Paul I used the wrong terminology, I meant profiles instead of channels.  The profile I setup for one of my Hubs is now returning results fine.

But from what I've read in this thread, I should be able to see all of my Hubs somewhere in my analytics account without setting up a profile for each?  If this is correct where do I find them?

Thanks for your help.

12. profit4u2 profile image60
    profit4u2posted 16 years ago

I have mine set-up, but it's still not receiving data. I have 2 other sites I'm tracking, and they work fine. Since We can't put the code on Our hub, how is this going to work?

The Google Analytics tracking code has not been detected on your website's home page. For Analytics to function, you or your web administrator must add the code to each page of your website.

13. grantsforwomen profile image60
    grantsforwomenposted 16 years ago

For those of you still having trouble with hubpages and google analytics, here's a youtube video that may be helpful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Ea8jJGbic

14. profile image54
    vrayeposted 16 years ago

Thanks the youtube helped me a bunch

http://hubpages.com/hub/Atlanta-Lofts

15. makemoneyonline profile image39
    makemoneyonlineposted 16 years ago
  16. caspar profile image59
    casparposted 16 years ago

I've seen that quite a few people are struggling with Analytics.  I did too at first, so I've made a hub which I hope will help other hubbers to implement it.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Google-Analytics-for-Hubpages

I too thought that I would need to do something special to track individual hubs (as I've used analytics in the past for other web sites and had to paste code into every page).  Hubpages really does make it almost too easy!

wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)