What is it about Hub Pages?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (25 posts)
  1. manlypoetryman profile image76
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

I just visited my Ol' FaceBook Page...first time in months...and was wondering how it is I became addicted to this crazy cyber-place called Hub Pages hmm ?

1. bukan profile image61
      bukanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yah its great to show your own feelings through hub page with all hubber's.

2. rmcrayne profile image90
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yup, I neglect FaceBook for weeks at a time since HubPages, which I discovered through Facebook interestingly enough!

2. tantrum profile image59
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

hi manly !! smile

1. manlypoetryman profile image76
      manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hey tantrum...you proud mom...that was quite interesting...seeing how talented you daughter is...with being involved in music and shows...! Guess no one wants to talk about their addiction to Hub pages...at the moment here...?

Guess...I need to post about more controversial stuff..NAAH!

3. tantrum profile image59
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Yeah, you should! something about religion i guess. lol

4. manlypoetryman profile image76
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

You know...I'd rather joke a little...or write something down. I'll save my controversial discussing...for another day. Thanks for chattin' with me...tantrum tongue

1. tantrum profile image59
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

love to chat with you, manly ! big_smile

5. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

the neat thing about hubpages is that there are so many different ways to interact - and so it gets you hooked - 3 hours later you realize you never ate lunch! also your butt has gone to sleep!  and also you get feedback even when you're just being silly - cyberspace is so much better than the material world if there was a way to do it I would just live there with other fabulous minds. . . ok - I'm going overboard here a bit, but its true for unsocial people like me who can type fast, no one has to hear the sound of my voice, just the thrust of my thoughts - and they can easily not even pay attention without hurting my feelings!  and vice versa - what could be better? Now if we can only figure out how to get someone else to take care of our bodies for us!  yikestongue

1. tantrum profile image59
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nice to meet you !
      I love artists ! smile

1. yoshi97 profile image57
        yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hate it when my butt falls asleep before I do. tongue

1. lorlie6 profile image72
          lorlie6posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ditto!

2. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you have pinned down the concept as well or better than anyone.  You might get a lot of views on  a hub with suggestions for easy nutrition and butt consiousness, while hubbing,

1. dohn121 profile image82
        dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

2. profile image0
        Jack Kongposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is a rather disconcerting reminder. I'm 3 hours over lunchtime here, my butt is really loosing consciousness now that you folks remind me, and my bladder is bursting; and I merely wanted to just check out the forum this morning. Does this get worse?

hmm Or, maybe, it is only when our butts fall asleep will our brains get enough blood, and only then do we come alive?

6. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

there are drawbacks to hubbing obsessively - like my living-flesh friends feel ignored (but, really, they are so NEEDY so much of the time, ya know?) and some don't call anymore because I screened my calls to death - housecleaning seems unnecessary now, really, does anyone bother with it anymore?  except of course to keep the dust off the computer cables.  Gaining weight is certainly a problem, because I find it so easy to run to the kitchen for toast to bring back to my desk- or something worse like half a carrot cake, rather than actually make a meal.  But we can edit ourselves and therefore appear so much more intelligent!! - so after several months of this - it still hasn't lost its appeal.  Then there's these little guys tongue who could say it all for us

7. Jonathan Janco profile image61
    Jonathan Jancoposted 14 years ago

Yeah, I'm on Fbook nowadays for about 30seconds a day, whereas hubpages is like my neighborhood bar once was for me. Can't seem to enter without talking to everybody before I even sit down. Besides, the interactions here are so much more indepth.

8. Daniel Carter profile image61
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

Hubpages really is a lovely place. When we're not bitchin' at each other, we're visiting as if we were all sittin' on the same porch.

1. profile image0
      Pacal Votanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's it. Even the best family has its moments.

1. Jonathan Janco profile image61
        Jonathan Jancoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Speaking of which, isn't it about time the 20,000 of us got together and did something?!

9. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

True dat, Dan!

I am a fellow HP addict!

10. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Hi, Jonathan. I was thinking the same thing. But where could we have such an event? We're from all over the globe!

I was just imagining calling a catering hall that was big enough . . . as if, right?
      "And how many people will you be expecting, sir?"
      "Up to 20,000."
      "Well then, let's see here . . . can I get back to you with some figures? I just need to consult the fire marshall and our insurance provider."

11. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Funny! Maybe a football stadium. lol

No, a football stadium can hold way more people. Maybe if everybody brought a friend we could justify renting such a place.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)