Ralwus - A public thank you

Jump to Last Post 1-44 of 44 discussions (49 posts)
  1. cindyvine profile image68
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

I must state first that I have never met Charlie aka CC aka Ralwus.  I have never been to the Americas, never actually spoken to him or heard his voice.  I met Charlie through Hubpages.  In the spirit of this supportive community, Charlie was one of the first Hubbers to buy my book, Stop the world I need to pee.  When I had my self-help book, Fear Phobias and Frozen Feet, republished, the publishers needed to send me a proof copy before the book could be listed.  Tanzania is far from the States, the proof copy would have taken weeks to get here and been quite pricey as well.  Charlie, a total stranger whom I only knew on Hubpages, agreed to let the publisher send the proof to him.  He took the time to check through it and give his okay.  But the biggest thing that I'd like to thank Charlie for, is his editing of my latest novel, The Case of Billy B.  It could easily have been a struggle writing the story, as it is set in America and I've never been there.  My only knowledge of America is Hollywood movies, CSI, Bones and Grey's Anatomy.  But, because of Charlie, it has been quite easy.  As I complete each chapter, I email it to him.  Charlie changes my English South African vocab to Americanisms, and gives me valuable insights and information to keep my novel on track.  I'd never be able to write this novel if it weren't for him and his help.  He's doing this in his own time, for no payment, just to help out a fellow hubber.  Thanks Hubpages for building such a fabulous supportive community and producing hubbers in the ilk of Ralwus.  Thank you and big hugs, Charlie.  Hopefully, one day we'll be able to meet if I ever get to the States to do a book signing!

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

he is a sweetheart. congratulations and good luck with your novel!

2. tantrum profile image59
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Charlie is a great person !!
    I'm proud of being her friend ! smile

3. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I love Charlie!

4. cindyvine profile image68

We should start a Ralwus fan club.

5. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Aaa Ralwus is a true gentleman and a total sweety! smile

And yes cindy you'll have to come do book signings out here smile Good luck with your newest novel chica!

6. dohn121 profile image82
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

Way to go Charlie!  An ally in our midsts! smile

7. wavegirl22 profile image47
    wavegirl22posted 14 years ago

what a beautiful tribute to one amazing man. From my very first days here .. with his wit and his charm he always made me feel welcomed and comfortable. . .and most important he came around my hubs to show suppport .. even if he wasnt interested in the HUb .. he is one hellof a guy , .and he has a special place in my heart. . and you just confirmed his place there. .

Charlie this one is for you .. . and Im sending it with lots and lots of xoxoxoxo's

cindyvine. . u just confirmed why we all love this man so much!

Thumbs up all around him , ,

8. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Aw Ralwus, you're so nice!

1. yoshi97 profile image56
      yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

haha! We all love Charlie ... We just wish his avatar would stop running nude around the forums. It's frightening the sheep! lol! smile

9. maggs224 profile image80
    maggs224posted 14 years ago

Ralwus was one of the first people to become my fan and to encourage me. He made me feel welcome and part of the Hubpages community and I will always be grateful to him for this and for his continuing kindness. You are a special man with a special place in the hearts of many hubbers.

10. cindyvine profile image68

And Charlie doesn't even visit his own thank you party!

11. Shalini Kagal profile image53
    Shalini Kagalposted 14 years ago

Cindy - he's the best! His heart's in the right place - wickedness 'n all big_smile
    Here's to your books becoming runaway successes!

12. Cris A profile image60
    Cris Aposted 14 years ago

To C.

http://www.desicomments.com/graphics/yourock/11.gif

Can I say that? Oh well I just did! cool And congratulations Ms CinDivine cool

13. cindyvine profile image68

Thanks Shalini and Cris, now, I think Charlie is still lying naked in the grass somewhere...

14. Dee Dee MonSherie profile image60
    Dee Dee MonSherieposted 14 years ago

Ahhhh, you see Charlie, mon chere'  you are so loved and your kindness is so appreciated.  I have some very good news, you will get an email soon....  smiles and hugs for you!!!

15. Dale Mazurek profile image63
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

Just another example of why hubpages is the greatest site around

16. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

God Cindy, I am all red-faced and so humbled by the expressions of gratitude here. Gee, really you should not have done this. What the hell  are friends for anyway? You know I took to you and your writing right off  and we have had such a nice ride  ever since. I do love you all very much. Yeah, Cindy keeps me busy, but it is fun too. Don't mind at all and I sure hope the novel takes off real good for you because it is good and needs to be read by many when it is done.
    Now I'm going  to go hide for a few days. hehe
    Yer all just too much. love y'all and especially you Cindy. g'nite and thanks darling. CC BTW, you did rock my socks. lol @ Cris

1. yoshi97 profile image56
      yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You earn every ounce of praise you receive!

And to show our love I'm taking up a collection to buy you some clothes. smile

17. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Wow! That's a great thank you and tribute to ralwus. He's a nice guy, one of the best. smile

18. profile image0
    Pachuca213posted 14 years ago

That is great Cindy~ And how nice of you to start this thread for him. Charlie is a one of a kind muchacho and I love him to bits! One of my best friends on here I would have to say..... smile

19. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image60
    I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years ago

This is so sweet! Ralwus is such a beautiful person and I am so grateful to have met him when I did. His support kept me here on HP and he is very inspiring and supportive. So much fun to toss the love around with, too. big_smile

I am so happy for you Cindy, and thank you for sharing the great news! smile

20. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

Charlie Is My Darling....

nice one,,,,,,

21. cindyvine profile image68

Charlie is a good guy, had a rough time of it on another site, but has been good as gold for me!  You are the man, Charlie!

22. archdaw profile image60
    archdawposted 14 years ago

All hale Ralwus!!! I Love his naked avitar.

23. Jewels profile image83
    Jewelsposted 14 years ago

Ahhhh, hats off to CC.  Afterall he's done the salute to many a hubber in his time.

24. profile image0
    Pacal Votanposted 14 years ago

CC is the best. I told you, guys.

25. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

What a perfectly lovely thread. Good to see some hublove for a change, and so rightly deserved.

Help is help, however it comes and should always be acknowledged, more so in order to thrust the helper into the limelight ... well done ralwus big_smile

1. oxymoron profile image57
      oxymoronposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I concur.

26. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

So nice of you Charlie, and not unexpected at all. You are such a great guy smile

27. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

This is what hubpages is all about===> writers helping other writers.

Way to go Ralwus, CC, Charlie show them all how it's done. Cindy nice thread.

28. Ms Chievous profile image66
    Ms Chievousposted 14 years ago

Cindy and Rawlus What a great story!  Thank you for sharing!Zsusy is right this is what the Hubpage community should be about.  Finally a thread with no bickering!

29. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I adore Charlie he can also lift your spirits when you are down and follows up with you when you are no where around. Cindy you did a tremendous job putting this together and Charlie you are the best! smile

30. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

Ralwus Rocks... A great Hubber with big heart...

31. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

Congrats to you Cindy, such nice acievments. And how wonderful for you to start this thread.
    And I agree that Charlie is a truly good friend. I too, have never met him other then here on hubpages, but I am ever so thankful I did.

32. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Wow! Cindy, you are blessed, to be able to write so well and to have a friend like Charlie to help you edit.  A great post to start the day.

This is exactly the kind of things we need to do for each other, maybe not editing a book - but sharing kindness and love goes such a long long way.

You are both blessed!

33. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

I've held great admiration for cindy and ralwus since I've been here.
    Completely silly, wonderful, slightly perverted people--which I always adore. So, thanks to both of you. I'm lovin' all I'm reading about you.

As I've branched out and gotten more familiar with the community, I feel the same about so many more of you. Oh brother, mush and gush. Better stop...

LOL

34. NGRIA Bassett profile image60
    NGRIA Bassettposted 14 years ago

Congratulations Ralrus. You bring much humour mixed with seriusness to the pages. Thanks for your presence on HUBPAGES.
    Cindy all the success in the world. Most deserving.

35. prettydarkhorse profile image55
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

He has a good heart! Am glad to have come across him here at HP

36. profile image0
    Pachuca213posted 14 years ago

yeah me and Cindy know all too well what happened to poor CC on the "other" site...( remember our little chat cindy? lol) Its nice to see that we remained his friends no matter what....Cindy is a true Gem and so is Charliekins! (thats my nickname for him!)

37. RedElf profile image88
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

A great tribute for a great guy! Congrats on your novel, and good on you for this! big_smile

38. manlypoetryman profile image76
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

I tip my ol' farm hat to ya'...Ralwus !

39. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

where can one pick up a copy of "Stop the world I need to go pee" ?  The title is intriguing!

40. wyanjen profile image71
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

Wow.
    What an amazing story this is. big_smile

Congratulations and good luck!
    http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv19/wyanjen/book_signed.gif

41. Dee Dee MonSherie profile image60
    Dee Dee MonSherieposted 14 years ago

I love men with sexy eyebrows, and Ralwus really has a pair, wee?

42. profile image0
    bloodnlatexposted 14 years ago

Ralwus has always been a good time in the forums, and always seems to have an answer to any question that may arise.  Hell, he's even always willing to share that answer too.  He is like your favorite uncle that is willing to help in any way he can, but can also tell you all of the good dirty jokes too.

1. Dee Dee MonSherie profile image60
      Dee Dee MonSherieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wee, wee delightful jokes, but I don't not think of him as a "favorite uncle" mon chere'>

43. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 14 years ago

The opening post in this thread has restored my faith in humanity.

44. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image73
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years ago

Somebody should declare an official ralwus appreciation day.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)