The Return

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (29 posts)
  1. Max Sumer profile image60
    Max Sumerposted 14 years ago

From within she shall escape
    Gnaw through flesh and bone if necessary
    She shall return I know
    For she never legitimately departed
    Although there was deceit in her hiding
    Lying in wait was not her scheme
    Rather a demand from one
    Indecisive by nature
    With bated breath
    She patiently observed
    Watching from the inside all of the unfoldings
    Without making herself known
    She has sifted through the strings of chaos
    Delicately relacing it back into order
    The way that logic demands
    Even now I sense her efforts
    The building of an inferno
    That shall cleanse away injustices committed
    For those who have long awaited
    Her ultimate return
    Stand back I say
    For with her homecoming
    Also comes great fury
    From within she shall escape
    Gnaw through flesh and bone if necessary

2. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

Wonderful flow and rhythm! I love the cyclical feel of bringing the end and beginning together.

Are you open to a little constructive feedback? Just a couple of observations is all...

1. Volkh profile image54
      Volkhposted 14 years agoin reply to this

all this poem says to me is that the person who wrote it is probably a little unhinged.

That it's posted for the world to see tells me that that person is probably also attention seeking about being unhinged.

Which in turn tells me all sorts of things.

1. Daniel Carter profile image63
        Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Poetry not your thing, I guess?

2. manlypoetryman profile image77
        manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So does your response...

3. Max Sumer profile image60
        Max Sumerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your observation of being a little unhinged is dead accurate.  That is how it was meant to come across.  All human beings find themselves a little out of whack during certain moments in their history. My moment came two years ago and when it did I buried who I was and became someone I am not.  It's about the anger that builds when a person pretends.

As far as attention seeking. . .  Poetry is meant to be shared with the world, it may relate to what someone else is going through.  It may strike a chord.  You may find kinship with another. 

Your pentagram profile picture with the goat in the middle speaks volumes of you.  I have been there before my friend.  Thank you for your feedback on this I do appreciate all criticism, even and especially the negative.  Take care.

2. Max Sumer profile image60

Thank you for commenting and your defense of what is written.  Much appreciated and much love.  I am absolutely always open to constructive feedback. Send me anything you'd like to, I am sure it will help me in the future.  Take care.

3. archdaw profile image61
    archdawposted 14 years ago

Volkh, that was not nice.  I like Daniel liked the flow. Welcome to Hub pages.

1. Volkh profile image54

Maybe so, but am I wrong?

1. archdaw profile image61
        archdawposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ok, if you say unhinged in a poetic and artistic way.

Deleted

1. Volkh profile image54

My observation is valid as it was stated. I'm sure the author intended for the poem to inspire a response in the reader. I read  it, and that was my honest response.

If you want to be patronizing because the author is reading all of this, fine by me.

And your bland, phony courtesy is sickening.

Deleted

1. Volkh profile image54

I wasn't before?

I guess I'll just have to struggle along without your gentle tutelage. God knows how I'll manage.

Deleted

1. Volkh profile image54

I have only three words for you man. Ronco Hair Paint.

3. Max Sumer profile image60

Thank you for reading this.  I am happy to hear that you liked it.  Let's try not to raz Volkh to much.  He liked it too. That's why he commented.  Thanks also for welcoming me. Much love to you.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image56
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Welcome, the intensity of the poem and the feelings/emotions are about to be unfold,

3. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years ago

that was groovy. especially this part:

"She has sifted through the strings of chaos
      Delicately relacing it back into order
      The way that logic demands"

welcome to the monkeyhouse, Max wink

Hey there.  I like the word "groovy" a vintage word all too often unused.

That was my favorite part as well.  Thank you for requoting that particular phrase.  I appreciate your comment very much.  And thanks for becoming my fan! Much love to you.

4. archdaw profile image61
      archdawposted 14 years ago

Volkh, bad day?  I just read your hub and it says a lot.  IF you don't stop I will go throug tips 1-3, then go to 4 as my last resort.(make no mistakes, I will use it!!! hehe

5. frogdropping profile image78
      frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Hublove just oozes from this thread. Keep on spreading it guys smile

6. Daniel Carter profile image63
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

Just not worth the trouble when this thread was the focus of a poem.

And I liked it. I think a few refinements might help the development and flow.

7. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years ago

so, some person joins this site 28 hours ago and his or her first post is to insult someone else.

then this person goes on to insult a nice guy like Daniel.

this person also has a hub deriding the HubPages philosophy and what we are trying to do here.

SO WHAT IS HE OR SHE DOING HERE? yikes

1. frogdropping profile image78
        frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Because they want to be. Not everyone likes where it is they're at. I salute professionally uncomfortable people. It's a hell of a talent smile

I was stupid and played that person's game for a bit, but decided it certainly wasn't worth it. So I withdrew. The focus is about the poem, not trading insults.

3. Dixie W profile image60
        Dixie Wposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Gee, there was nothing constructive about that. Sure am glad I didn't get one of those. Go, Max!!!!!!!!!
        I don't like poetry but I like this. Dixie W

Hi Dixie W.  Thank you. Welcome to Hubpages I look forward to reading your posts.

8. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years ago

returning from where ?

Volkh ?

Ha, ha, ha.  This comment is great.  Absolutely love the pun!  Have a great day!

9. frogdropping profile image78
      frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Max - good to know you're no longer unhinged and more so to know that Volkh was only half right smile

As for me, I'm more than unhinged. I've also lost a screw wink

I'm not quite sure
      About you, But I've
      begun to unscrew.

However I try, how
      often I sigh, the
      End just feels that
      It's nigh.

If this seems a little
      too much, I don't
      apologise as such.

The problem you see
      I can only be me and
      A frog is all I can be.

So I'll gibber and
      slavver, into a lather
      and try not be much
      of a bother ...

Time for bed big_smile

Hey there little froggy friend.  Ha,ha I'll always be a little unhinged.  I am human!  I love your comment here and your poem is darling.  I have a great big smile on my face this morning all because of you!

Have a wonderful day!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)