Are there other sites likeHubpages who pay good?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Midasfx profile image66
    Midasfxposted 14 years ago

I would like to join other sites like hubpages to post similar articles or stories to generate more traffic/ money and also be able to create back links.

So far I have only found a few sites. They act the same as hubpages and i found 1 that gets you listed on google much faster then hubpages. Two of them pay you by impressions unlike Hubpages, and 1 of them pays up to $3.53 per 1000 impressions.

<snipped - no self-promotion in the Forums>

If you know any other sites that pay like this please post them! And if you earn referral bonus please post your links as we can sign up underneath you. 

Thanks !

1. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"$3.53 per 1000 impressions. ' ...who? and what type o ftraffic does there site demand..60% of a top 100 is much greater than 100% of some poorly promoted, non-indexed alternative?

who is offering taht type of compensation...who, and how long does 1k impressiosn take

2. Blogging Erika profile image66
      Blogging Erikaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've tried a lot of the other sites like HubPages, but none of them has paid off the way HubPages has!  I've seen much better ROI (Return On Investment) with HubPages than anywhere else.

2. Susana S profile image94
    Susana Sposted 14 years ago

Check out my profile and follow the link to my blog - i have a list there if you want to have a look.

I appreciate the option, but I really just want a direct link and an explanation from the OP, one of my primary hub topics is writing sites and how to they pay and relate to each other. Ive done my research and am quite active in many..

if you post the link to the list, i would love to see it..I am soliciting said link..there is no reason for a runaround to avoid "self promotion" if you have a link that answers my question, your welcome to post it when solicited..ownership of site is irrelevant

What does up to 3.53 mean ? What level of traffic does this site demand? what experience do you have with this site? HAVE YOU EVER ACTUALLY BEEN PAID?

thats not a great rate anyway..its about a third of my per impression returns on only ONE of the affiliate programs here (out of 3 hub sponsored ones i use and approx 6 other networks i work in a sometimes

examiner pays per impression - est .01-.02 per view which is about a 1.00 per 100 views min.

ehow also pays more than that per impression

enough mystery...what are you all talking about?

1. Susana S profile image94
        Susana Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think the OP is talking about Bukisa, where payment is based on traffic and the bukisa index rating. Basically the more traffic you get to your page the higher the rating and the higher the payment per 1000 views.

The offer of a link was not directed at you, sunforged, but the poster - I know you know your onions! Here's my list anyway: http://write-articles-online.blogspot.c … sites.html

Also, these are the article writing sites (I've found) with the top PR's:

Scribd - PR 8
        eHow - PR 7
        Squidoo - PR 7
        HubPages - PR 6
        DocStoc - PR 6
        EzineArticles - PR 6
        Helium - PR 6
        Associated Content - PR 6

I think hubpages is such a good earner because of the yieldbuild ad optimization. I'm trying it on one of my sites and the click through rate has gone up considerably.

3. profile image0
    blatvaposted 14 years ago

Try constant-content.com.  they pay per article.

4. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

I tried associated content but have not gotten past the payment verification. They ask for a phone number to call or text a verification code and I choose text as I hate phone calls! I have been waiting since last night and no text, the code expires in 8 mins the site says! I am not sure I am going to bother if they can't send this second bit of code for payment in under the 8 mins they give me to input it.

5. darkside profile image62
    darksideposted 14 years ago

You've been here two weeks. If you want more views, more money and more success, push harder here. Put in the effort. Once you've got the ball rolling, then put eggs in other baskets. But don't spread yourself thin early.

6. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

I think that HP is good, you just need to be patient and understand SEO and some other basic things, thats what I am doing right now, understanding everything on how to earn here.

7. profile image0
    paxwillposted 14 years ago

Infobarrel uses an Adsense rev share model similar to HP.  I get good results with IB.

eHow can be lucrative, but their guidelines are quite strict these days and it's much harder to make big money on eHow now than it was a year ago.   

Demand Media is a content buyer that pays $15 per article.  You don't keep any rights when you sell to DM, but the assignments are easy and they pay very promptly. 

Xomba may seem corny, but I have made some nice money with short recipes and bookmarks. It also uses Adsense rev sharing.

Try several sites, but don't spread yourself too thin.  Good luck!

8. kiwi gal profile image61
    kiwi galposted 14 years ago

Mmmm interesting reading.  Newbie, will check the sites mentioned out.  Thanks.

9. Terryandco profile image57
    Terryandcoposted 14 years ago

You could try squidoo but personally i like hubpages much better..

10. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Hal Licino wrote a good hub on what article writing sites pay:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Actual-Figures- … Write-Site

11. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

Thats a well researched hub, but it seems to have used either outdated information or a flawed formula.

about.com,is a fantastic writing site, if you can make it through the very long and detailed application and acceptance process, its a real job...the per article/post info is meaningless

and demandstudios is listed at .12 per article when the current lowest paying calls have been 5.00 for at least the last 3 months

its still great info, and im off to do some research that this hub gave me ideas about...but def dont take the published per article pay as creed

1. Hal Licino profile image68
      Hal Licinoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dude, I've quoted all the sources and they are all major, universally acknowledged institutional sites. I stated clearly that I'm not disputing that any one of those sites might be paying a thousand dollars a word to trailer-dwelling housewives, but it's simply not justified by their income. If they're loss leaders run by philanthropic billionaires is their problem. My job was to run the numbers and state: "Just the facts, ma'am."

Ya... but you were the one who posted a comment to the article about Alexa being slanted... oh and Nielsen ratings too... even though a hundred billion dollar industry has accepted those ratings for over half a century... so... er.... well... what can I say? Alexa and Nielsen are wrong, sunforged is right! I lay my prostate at your feet! smile

Geez... then people ask me why I don't participate in the forums... smile

hmm, i thought I was being nice.

Whatever your intended formula was your results for demand studios and about.com are absolutely wrong. Many of your commenters explained this..you responded by calling them "shills"

When the minimum payment is $5 per article (recently raised to 7.50) than your average monthly income can not be below $5 (Demand Studios)

About.com - minimum payment = $675 per month for 4 articles, guaranteed for the first year - yet you cite 1.74 as the expected monthly income? ..thats not a small statistical anomaly ...its just downright wrong

You have dozens of comments that already point out the issues with the system, its so well written and arranged that it comes across as very authoritative and genuine, but its not..its misinformation that is a disservice to your readers that take your info at face value

My comment stated that alexa used a measuring system that is similar to the nielsen style ( i never said nielsen is wrong..although it is), alexa IS slanted, only webmasters install the toolbar, i was going to comment on the fact that Nielsen is a poor and outdated system also BUT

you already said it yourself in your comment section

Hal Licino said:

"I've checked Quantcast through the research and it does seem to jibe fairly closely to Alexa. Determining online ratings is just as obscure and inaccurate as television ratings, where Nielsen will monitor a small handful of families to determine TV ratings that account for billions of dollars of ad revenue. It's a joke, but it's the best that there is at this time, unfortunately."

SO I dont get your venom, If your intentions were to report just the facts than I imagine you would question those facts when so many point out that they are  inaccurate and maybe end witha  disclaimer pointing out taht only webmasters know what their ad revenue is and daily traffic stats.

You cite your sources as quantcast, alexa and website outlook... do you know how website outlook estimates ad revenue and daily views? ..you already accept that Alexa is slanted/inaccurate and Quantcast only measures US visitors

...these stat companies have their place but extrapolating monthly income for a writer participant most certainly is not that place

Have you ever bought or sold an existing web site? I assure you we do not use ANY of those sources to evaluate worth and revenue, and I have never seen one to be reasonably close.

I just happened to run into this hub:
        http://hubpages.com/hub/websiteoutlook- … -estimater

About Quantcast

Quantcast statistics always refer to the usage from the United States, therefore Alexa data and Quantcast data does not always show the same results. Quantcast does not require a tool bar to be installed upon one's web browser to obtain statistics. Instead participating websites voluntarily insert Quantcast HTML code inside Web pages they wish to have included in statistics.

some more quantcast info - facebook traffic down really?, not

http://venturebeat.com/2007/10/22/faceb … all-wrong/

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)