Don't like War. Don't talk about it. Stop it.

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (44 posts)
  1. Bovine Currency profile image60
    Bovine Currencyposted 14 years ago

The war mongers will always be war mongers.  Will they listen to your words?  No.  Will todays leaders stop the inter generational wars that yesterdays did not? No.  Don't like war? Don't go to war.  Refuse.  Go to jail if you must.  Do whatever it is you need to do if you know that you are right.  You think it might be possible your government does not mean the best for you?  Nooooo.  Of course they do.  The government loves us.  Yay for the government.  Spew Spew.

1. ddoingit1 profile image40
      ddoingit1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Streams of Consciences Dreams
      Follow the Yellow brick Roads; streams of conscience dreams, in a worldly position, of Ceo with Tennis elbow.
      Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Hello of a morning night mirage, in a prayer of horror, form a mural, eulogy, forming mirrors, formulate evolutional morphing, horror, forming fort, forks pouring, forming more forms, a parasite more cellular morphing a cancerous cell a morphing silence, of forms, torch your fire, the cell of terror once worn,
      The conscience mind is the renaissance.
      If the battle of restrictions, of wrong or right, left or right, we would fight the hypocrisy, of the subjective nature, in the forums of streams of the extremes.
      The moral desire, is the design of moral, configuring moral formations beyond contemplations, as we grow older, we are the form, of moral forms, or we are the forms of moral thorns, for the world we know will form moral storms, if we form notions, of notions, reflecting deflection, immoral forms, we will create a world of desert storm.
      Humbug, the chairman once said to the notion every day a Christmas once mass.
      Gring scream once Christmas dreams, the forms once more the ghost of your moral form.
      Streams of conscience dreams the conscience mind will hold the test of time, the extreme means of desire resigns the moral streams of dreams.
      Silence the dreams of desire, and the hypocrisy, of evil, is the desire, of moral sociological forums.
      Darrell W. Morehouse 111
      http://ddoingit1.blogspot.com

2. cheaptrick profile image74
      cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

May I join your fan club?

Bovine Currencyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you so wish.

3. readytoescape profile image60
      readytoescapeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Do you know what a soldier is...? He's the chap who makes it possible for civilized folk to despise war." -- Allan Massie, Scottish journalist/novelist

Do not get me confused.  I am pro-life.  Our population is unsustainable.  I think the more war the better.  The sooner we lose a few billion the better chance the human race will be here in 200 years.

2. tksensei profile image60
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

A country's enemies would love to see your advice followed.

3. tksensei profile image60

I for one am glad and grateful that military recruiting is on the rise.

1. rhamson profile image71
      rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You have to ask yourself why recruiting is on the rise.  Is it for patriotic bravado or is it out of the lack of jobs for the poor?

1. profile image55
        C.J. Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Both. In the beginning of a conflict, its normal for a substantial increase in applicants. Normally the trend continues for 24 months or so. Then it slowly declines.
        A poor performing job market does increase the number of applicants, but not as sharply.

tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not sure why you think patriotism is "bravado," maybe it is in your country.  Almost everyone I know who is in the military is at least a college grad and could certainly be doing something else.

4. Bovine Currency profile image60

happy joy for you then tk.  Must be awesome to be you.

1. profile image0
      Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's awesome for me, too.  big_smile

5. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image59
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 14 years ago

In special circumstances, war is a must. In 1990, Sadam Hussein of Iraq annexed Kuwait. If the US failed to intervene, he would have continued to annex more countries. There, war was a must.

In 1971, Pakistan's Yahya Khan declared martial law on a territory in his own country and suppressed their uprising, killing hundreds of thousands. Refugees over one crore poured into India, creating social and financial hardships. If India kept quiet, the struggle of a whole people of Bangladesh for freedom of culture, language and identity would have gone waste. There, war was a must.

In 2001, the twin towers of USA were demolished ruthlessly by religious terrorists, just to harm the pride of America. If the US kept quiet, future would have laughed at the Americans. There, war was a must.

To ensure the safety of the people of a nation, and to protect freedom and destroy the evils, war is necessary.

We are not Jesus, who would advise to show the next cheek... only to be slapped again.

Offence is the best form of defence... Hitler.

1. MJSagesse profile image59
      MJSagesseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think the best way to have avoided the attack on the Twin Towers would have been not to have armed Saddam Hussain in the first place. This lead to his expansionism, which lead to a U.S invasion of Iraq. This, like all U.S invasions, lead to the slaughtering of civilians and the general enragement of the people of Iraq against an invading Imperialist power. Anger at the killing of civilians leads to violent action (9/11) and everything comes full circle. Now the U.S./U.K/NATO is in Iraq and Afghanistan, still killing civilians and still suffering terrorist attacks (one of the London 7/7 bombers actually cited the invasion of Afghanistan as the reason for his actions). Going to war perpetuates war, leaders perpetuate war to make money/secure strategic regional interests. The only way for war to be stopped is for soldiers, and everyone else, to strike until the Western governments withdraw ALL troops. Simple and effective.

6. profile image0
    bloodnlatexposted 14 years ago

So has anyone seen Full Metal Jacket lately?

7. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image59
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 14 years ago

In ancient Tamil history, a King waging war on another country will order the people to join the invasion. Those who are afraid and not willing or incapable (women, children, and the aged) will be ordered to keep off and stay indoors. Here also, those who dont want war, may keep quiet and stay indoors, if and when war comes.

Doesn't do much good when the war comes through your front door and blows things up.

1. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image59
        VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That will be a short experience... After the war is over all the dust settle down and there will be fresh and clean air. War clears the mess from which we are unable to come out. It is like an evil which cannot be avoided at times.

8. profile image58
    songsterposted 14 years ago

great to see people quoting hitler again, he's been out in the cold far too long.

9. Bovine Currency profile image60

Venugopal Sivagna, I agree with some of what you say but not entirely.  To clarify, I believe war is necessary.  Furthermore, I do not necessarily advocate an opposition to war based on poor reasoning.  War serves a variety of purpose.  One of those being population control.  I believe that at some point, if our human race is to survive, sacrifice is necessary.  For the same reason I believe in birth control.  Our world is being destroyed by overpopulation and on that point alone, I really couldn't care about the reasons behind any given war.  FOR THE GREATER GOOD

I don't have time right now nor the will to discuss the finer points but I have watched many of your posts and I wouldn't tell you something you don't know.  We may not always agree but I appreciate your efforts in the forums.

1. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image59
      VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have already come across people who could not argue or discuss with me with valid points, but simply say 'you dont know'.  I have no time or will or need to discuss with them.

10. bukan profile image59
    bukanposted 14 years ago

I totally against of this "War", It should be stopped.

Maybe you are right.  It will not stop though.  Never.  War does not stop.

Which one?

11. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

Everyone seems to think war is stupid, nobody wants it, but it keeps going someone fuels the fire......

I hate it too don't you

12. profile image58

consumerism fuels the fire of many current wars. wars are usually for land and resources, resources are need to make things to sell to consumers and to provide energy for the global economy, which is (in large part)another term for economic colonisation, western imperialism, or neocolonialism.
    the global economy is dominated by the west with the big brother being america. western develpoed countries suck the life out of the third world to make stuff to sell to consumers who then pay taxes to send to third world elites to buy them off so they will run their countries to the liking of 1st world elites and corps. If they dont run their countries to the liking of 1st world elites there will be a coup or an invasion by a proxy army that appears to not have anything to do with the west but is actually a puppet government paid for by western tax payers. this allows access to raw materials by mining companies or oil companies and the vicious cycle goes on. just about every country in africa gets western military aid and traing and is thus armed too even both sides in a war. of course china and russia and israel and germany and many others are also involved in getting a peice of the pie.

13. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

so war makes money for people sad world we are in, very sad

14. Bovine Currency profile image60

China will lead this world soon.  That is my bet.

15. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

Here are two other quotes you may consider when defining a warmonger.

“Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your soul, and the other for your freedom.”

While the first is subject to belief, the second is indisputable fact.

-- A US soldier in Iraq stating why he re-enlisted, "because as I look around at the state of this nation and see all of the weak little pampered candy-asses that are whining about this or protesting that, I’d be afraid to leave the fate of this nation entirely up to them."

Progressives you may take note this soldier is talking about you.

I think that this is a good reason why the constitution put the military in a subservient role to the civilian leadership.  I would rather listen to a cooler head in charge than the one charged with executing it.

16. aware profile image68
    awareposted 14 years ago

like it or not war is here .i think alot about how man could end war. maybe there's a war gene we could remove from our dna. who else has ideas?

17. profile image58

he could call me a candy ass i could call him a nazi.

1. readytoescape profile image60
      readytoescapeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I’d call you a selfish inconsequential bonehead, and the definition of what that soldier was describing, but you obviously would not know what I meant, so why waste the time.

18. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

And the cycle continues......

19. tksensei profile image60

.............  roll

Easier than trying to have an opinion and back it up hey tk?  I love you so much.  You always bring a smile to my face.

20. profile image58

i see present day war in the context of history. around 500 years ago set against much inter european war the white man began his voyage out of europe( apart from the crusades which were earlier).(and the romans)&(greeks) first the spaniards and portugese and later the north tribes. These white tribes began to form empires and these empires competed with each other for territory and trade and booty. They spread around the world to the far east and to africa and to the americas. settlers in a america spread west and south , their influence spreading into latin america and the carribean and across to the philipines. (see the monroe doctrine).Other white tribes as i said went into africa and carved it up after many years of slavery with the Berlin Conference in 1884-1885. Dutch french and British tribes had territories over in the east. The white tribe of russia expanded east to the pacific coast during the 17th century.
    The only areas that the european expansion couldnt overrun were the russian empire and china although britain was successful in the opium wars, and Somalia. This white mans sphere of influence has become the global economy, russia was designated evil because it was resistant to being swallowed up.(also massively murderous).

21. profile image58

as sweetiepie mentioned vietnam was a french colony and the french were fighting a rear guard action to hold on to it but couldnt so america took over, i would think to keep its resources in the hands of the global economy i.e the white mans hegemony. The independence movement in vietnam fought the americans like they fought the french.
    The idea that a soldier is someone that fights so i have the luxury of complaining about war is rubbish. sometimes war is noble most times it isnt. i accept what people are sort of, its when people pretend that what they do is for noble reasons rather than good old fashoined greed for wealth and power.

1. tksensei profile image60

Depending on where you are from, it's true whether that fact is comfortable or not.

Not a fact.  Simple.

22. salt profile image60
    saltposted 14 years ago

your historical discussion of conflict is interesting - I have been looking at similar things, alot has to do with religion and trade. Not all aspects of religious institutions are good. Not all aspects of economic growth are good. Not all aspects of consumerism are good.

The cost to society from war is reflected in the medical and housing costs of veterans that survive, or the cost of caring for the families of those that have died. War creates greater dependance on government and higher social costs. It is not just the conflict itself that costs - it is the long term effects.

If we as a species have spent so much of our time in conflict - how do we move forward and evolve to reduce conflict to discussion and discourse?
    Think peace, act non violently, learn about the past and work to heal!

23. tksensei profile image60

It is quite obviously a fact, and one that should be appreciated espcially by those who exercise the freedoms guaranteed by the lives of others.

Fairy floss

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)