Any One Earn More Than $ 25 Per Day From Hubpages ?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (38 posts)
  1. profile image0
    dnrkrishnan25posted 14 years ago

Any One Earn Through Adsense More Than $25 Per Day From Hubpages ?

My Earnings are Very Low.....

Give some tips to earn more.....

1. Michael Willis profile image66
      Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wish I could reach that amount a month. lol Your question is futile. Those that make more will not tell their secrets of success. They probably learned by experience. We, you and  myself included will have to learn on our own. Good luck.

Remind me of the job search years ago when companies only looked for experienced help only, but then you asked."How do you get experience without work?"

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

On the contrary, Michael, I've always found Hubbers very willing to share their secrets of success.  Go and read some of Darkside's Hubs about Hubbing, or Lissie's Hubs about how to make money online.  Read the whole Getting Started Guide including all the how-to Hubs mentioned there. 

All the information is there waiting for you.  No one will spoon-feed it to you though - learning how to make money online takes hard work.

Marisa...you and Darkside are one of the few. And appreciated! I don't want the OP to get their hopes up for more.

...then there's Lrohner, Sunforged, Lissie, Relache, Mark Knowles when he's here and not busy being sarky on the religious forums, Misha...

I can agree with you to a point, but there are some that are rude about this subject in the forums. You and those listed have been helpful to me, but there are those in the forums that are rude to us newbies to Hubpages. It does make it necessary to warn others so they do not get discouraged. Been there.
              You are one of those here I do hold in high respect. And I do thank you for that.

Mike, it's very rare for experienced Hubbers to be rude to newbies if they ask a sensible question about Hubbing.  Relache, Misha and I are all inclined (especially when we're rushed) to give you "just the facts", which may mean we just post a link to the answer and leave it at that.  That's not rudeness, that's directness.

There are people who are rude in the general forums, especially religion, but that's a totally separate thing.

1. Kidgas profile image64
                  Kidgasposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just wanted to echo what Marisa is saying.  I started on Squidoo and HubPages within days of each other and found that the community here was much more involved and willing to help.

The information is available to those who would seek for it.  But, it takes work and no one will do that work for you.  The bottom line is those who are making money have worked for it and didn't expect it to fall into their laps.

2. Whitney05 profile image85
          Whitney05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's hard to tell someone what has worked for them. I can tell you I earn anywhere from $20 to $30 a day on HP via Adsense plus Amazon and Ebay, but I don't have any secrets.

I don't promote. I don't research high paying keywords. I don't do anything other than write whatever I want to write.

In a lot of cases, that is the case. There's not always a secret to share.

I'm always willing to help, but in terms of secrets, sometimes there just aren't any.

dnrkrishnan25, A quick search in the forums and on the site will show you many tips for earning on HubPages. Some do research on keywords. 

Marisa, don't let Michael get to you. He's only been here for 5 months. He can't really speak for everyone, as he hasn't seen enough.

2. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't make photo hubs of Indian actresses and celebrities.  They may draw traffic but they will never earn much.

There's a huge category of Hubs about making Hubs, earning money, increasing HubScore and really anything else you could ask about.  It's a great resource, but only if you take the time to use it.

http://hubpages.com/topics/hubpages/2848

Exactly.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

What is your definition of very low?

Your Hubs are on subjects which do not earn high Adsense dollars.

Write fewer Hubs on better subjects.

3. profile image0
    dnrkrishnan25posted 14 years ago

Thanks...

4. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Yes I have been making more than $25 a day on Hubpages, but not all from adsense.

1. profile image57
      C.J. Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yea, but your a machine!!!!! Your like the consumer's report of hub pages!

1. profile image0
        Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey, if it works, it works. I just can't let incredible google traffic go to waste. You never know when it will turn on you!

For those of you who are using keyword tools in the hope of making more money - remember that they are backword looking and do not always accurately protray future trends. For example they'll tell you who the hot chefs were last year. But if you want to know who's cookbook to push on Amazon this year, you might have to check out the Food Network as well. And take a large leap of faith.

1. profile image57
          C.J. Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nelle, I hope you know I meant that as a compliment!

5. videl05 profile image41
    videl05posted 14 years ago

I am a new Hubber here, and I was asking the same question to myself, then I started to find answer by reading other Hubbers' tips on how to make more money, there are lots of great hubs out there to help you monetize your hubs. In general, all their success stories can be summarized into:

1. Don't put all your eggs in one basket, these Hubbers didn't rely fully on HubPages, most of them write on other sites like Blogs and Squidoo etc.. Diversification is always good way to reduce your risks.

2. Don't count on Google, there're other tools like Amazon and Ebay, you should get the most out of other tools as well. Some of these Hubbers have had great success with Amazon instead of Google. Google is sometimes unpredictable if you rely too much on it.

3. There are also some great SEO techniques, which I am now keeping on learning.

If you want to read more Hubs on that, I recommend Hubs from Darkside, Janet21 etc. We should always Keep on reading and thinking to be successful.

6. shanekruger profile image61
    shanekrugerposted 14 years ago

Never!

7. THE LIP profile image60
    THE LIPposted 14 years ago

I've not even managed to get my Ad Sense account functional leave alone 25$ per month.I've still to earn a shilling even though I'm across 100 hubs and almost an year old hubber!!

1. Siotosh profile image60
      Siotoshposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Tell me the problem why account is not functional: I may be able to help, send info via mail if necessary

8. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Which proves exactly what Relache and Marisa are saying.

9. profile image0
    bloodnlatexposted 14 years ago

So far I've made $8.31 in 7 months...  I'm making it now!

10. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I understand what Michael is saying. Most of the "old timers" here are very helpful - Relache, Marisa, Ralwus, Misha, Sunforged, Lissie, UW, Darkside, and others. There are a couple, however, you have no patience with newbies. I think the advice to newbies should be that if they get the cold shoulder from one old pro, they shouldn't be put off - there are those who are willing to help.

1. Bibowen profile image87
      Bibowenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree. I have not been at this long, but if there is a more helpful online community, I don't know where it is. Plenty has been written on most problems that hubbing newbies are going to face. You just have to find those hubs, start reading, and then ask your questions. To their credit, there are several on here that don't seem to mind saying the same things over and over. They should run for public office.

11. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I agree, Kidgas. Some newbies don't want to do the work involved. They expect to start earning big bucks after writing just a couple of hubs. When newbies on Helium learned of my success with Marketplace, I actually had a couple of new Heliumites email me and ask me to help them write some articles! I didn't mind looking over a couple of their articles and offering constructive criticism, but help them write articles? I think that was asking a bit much.

12. livewithrichard profile image73
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

I make about half of that a day on hubpages but it's not all from Adsense.  As a matter of fact, I just wrote a hub a few days ago sharing the secrets of my success to earning money online. 

I may not be the greatest example of earning money online but what I do earn is plenty for most people.  Will I quit my day job for this? NO Will I take 3 to 4 good family vacations a year from it? YES

What you get from my hub is that you cannot rely on just one source of income, you have to build multiple streams of income.
    I explain how I do it and the streams that I use to earn $1200 - $1800 a month.

13. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Rich has some great hubs about making money online!

14. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

There are some people making over $50 per day. I am not one of them, but it is my intention to become one of them.

1. kephrira profile image60
      kephriraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That would be very nice indeed! I'm making roughly a couple of hundred per month at the moment, so for me $25 a day is probably a more realistic target to aim for, but you never know...

15. Dr23 profile image60
    Dr23posted 14 years ago

I'm averaging roughly $0.15 a day, which is frankly more than I was expecting when I first started. I imagined it would take quite some time before I saw any returns.

I'm no where near a payout, but I'll take slow and steady returns that (hopefully) improve any day.

16. NaomiR profile image77
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

I'm not at $25 a day yet, but in a few months, I've gone from making a few cents to dollars a day — and I plan to keep multiplying that. It's taken A LOT of work, though. I've read all of the hubs about making money and laying out page and have taken the advice of the accomplished hubbers. I've also found success in diversifying, such as writing for other sites like Triond. And even while I keep writing new hubs, I'm always going back and fixing and changing stuff on my old ones. Like I said, it's a constant work in progress! This is definitely not a get rich quick process.

I'm not yet at a point where I can live off of my earnings, but I'm trying to work hard and be patient ... and in the meantime, it's nice to have the extra $$ for a nice dinner or night out at the movies.

17. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

I have a long long long long long way to go before I am earning £25 (in the UK so get pounds instead of dollars but hey same difference)! I earned a whopping £0.16 yesterday, nada so far today and the day before yesterday zilch! I am just a few pence away from £4 earnings with google and continually check amazon for nothing. I get the idea that well I am not doing too badly for a couple month old member but that there are those who got things going more quickly as well. I guess the moral of the story is, don't spend to much time comparing yourself with others. Keep trying to write good hubs, play with the google keyword tool when you want to try for some higher paying topics, ask for advice in a concise way and avoid asking for someone to do the leg work for you. I have asked loads of questions in my short time here and have been directed to some great hubs, have been given good advice and been encouraged to be patient and keep working on new hubs and improving existing ones. The learning curve is pretty steep and even if someone was happy to do it for you it wouldn't work, you really must keep trying as this stuff is not magic and wont make you rich overnight.

When I do get clicks they come from unexpected places. Many of my older hubs are starting to crawl up in their score and are starting to get better traffic. It certainly seems that hubs need a chance to age (like a fine wine) and can be back linked organically to more effect then when you try to do it yourself (tho there is no reason not to do some yourself).

1. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I thought it was just me!  I've earned the equivalent of about $2 with Adsense so far (11 clicks' worth - woohoo!), and nothing as yet with Amazon.  Like you, I've been using the Google keyword tool with my recent hubs, so hopefully that will make a difference (I'm kicking myself because my highest traffic hub by far is one of my earlier ones, created before I knew about high paying keywords).

BTW, is a <snipped CTR - violation of AdSense TOS> click rate normal?  That's what I've got at the mo.  Seems on the low side - I seem to remember someone saying that about 2% is normal, or did I get that wrong?

1. kirstenblog profile image77
        kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have no real idea of what a good ctr would be, mine is currently <snipped CTR - violation of AdSense TOS> and yesterday it was <snipped CTR - violation of AdSense TOS>. So long as its not .00% I know with enough hubs I can earn enough to give up my minimum wage part time job big_smile (not like that is going to be huge earnings but when its fun and technically passive income why not?). I am one stubborn something or another and I will eventually get a good angle on earning with amazon! I may have to review every book I have ever read and enjoyed or something to see earnings there but if that don't work I will try product reviews! Heck I could try to challenge my readers to search amazon for something they would buy where the product is related to the hub and please report back what they found and top products get listed on the hub and maybe they will end up buying that thing they found big_smile. If that don't work I will try another strategy....and I will happily accept any other strategies you have to offer big_smile

18. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

smile

19. wannabwestern profile image93
    wannabwesternposted 14 years ago

My earnings are quite modest compared to most of the comments I've read here. And I'd say Google Adsense payouts can be very fickle. But for my part, writing here isn't 100% about making money. It is a creative outlet, a window to the world, and a way to stretch myself beyond my role as a mother.

I would be disingenuous if I said money wasn't an important part, but for me it isn't the only part. My hubs reflect my interests as much as they are about earning. That's why I keep writing so many children's book hubs.

I'm still learning though so this was a great forum to read.

20. fdoleac profile image59
    fdoleacposted 14 years ago

I have not been able to solve the riddle of signing up for AdSense with an existing Google account.  For me it's not the money, it's the curiosity of how much is possible.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)