how many more can he ad

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (40 posts)
  1. funnebone profile image72
    funneboneposted 15 years ago

robertkelleher  has been becoming a fan of hubbers for 3 days straight now...how many do you think he has added

1. Stooge profile image67
      Stoogeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

My estimate is between 250-300. Its a big range, but man, has he been active.

2. Eunice Apia profile image60
      Eunice Apiaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I met the famous RobertKelleher(He fanned me)...he seems harmless. I think I will fan him back. I mean he already has a thread dedicated to him. That says a lot. How many people can say the have a thread about them?

1. SweetiePie profile image83
        SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I agree.  His poetry is actually inspiring and I became his fan.  I even commented on his hub.

Where the hell are you? For the past one week, we have not been able to match our timing. All well?

2. Stooge profile image67

Where the hell are you? For the past one week, we have not been able to match our timing. All well?

1. SweetiePie profile image83
            SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I have been busy so not on the forums as much.

Oh. Thats all right. Anyway, its my time to sign off now. Have to get up early. Goodnight all.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

Some people seem to add every name they come across. I don't see the logic myself except that you expect to be friended in return.

3. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL he seems to irk you smile Take it easy, we had others of this kind before, and we'll have them after... Look at manoharv for example big_smile

4. First_home_buyer profile image55
    First_home_buyerposted 15 years ago

to each his own...

5. funnebone profile image72

Obviously he isn't having emails sent to himself each time someone posts a new hub. And it isn't each is own. There is obviously a sinister motive behind it if not some OCD episode.

Well, if you look at his profile, he does not appear to be capable of any kind of sin. Pretty cool family guy I would say. Really not sure why is he doing this. Let me leave a fan mail to him and ask.

6. funnebone profile image72

In 5 days he has added 1200 people, left 2 comments and posted one hub. That kind of behavior has abnormal written all over it. I stopped looking after 60 pages of additions. He has been on here for two weeks so if we were to go back another 9 days he could break 5,000. He is like a crazy cat lady except instead of fluffyboots and tiggers he has Mishas and Uninvited's.

7. funnebone profile image72

And does the each is own theory apply to people who post picture galleries also?

8. trish1048 profile image68
    trish1048posted 15 years ago

Who cares how many hubbers someone adds?  What difference does it make?  Just curious,,,

9. funnebone profile image72

I don't know yet but I am sure we will all know sometime soon. There really has to be some reason that someone spends two weeks just adding people. He is not reading the hubs or at least not leaving comments on them so it is obvious his motive is not pure literary lust. Maybe he has a program that will email all of the hubbers and collect their email addresses. Perhaps he is banking on picking up a few hundred fans from adding 5,000 to his list and then expects an onslaught of comments and obligatory up votes. I am just saying something smells fishy in the sushibar.

10. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

Perhaps he's under the impression that being a fan of lots of people will be of some benefit.

Or maybe he's following the advice I've seen elsewhere that says when you join Hubpages, become the fan of a lot of people.

Anyway, I see that many people here join the fan clubs of lots of others on a daily basis - almost as if they have a  daily task to add as many fans as they can.

The only thing this guy is doing differently is adding them in larger blocks, and without the benefit of an established reputation here.

So I'm just a semi interested bystander  smile

1. crashcromwell profile image67
      crashcromwellposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Eric here. To me, there is a lot of mystery into what it takes to become a top hubber. I'm sure that he has a reason for this, and I don't see any harm in what he is doing. Of course, sooner or later he's got to start writing.

Jim

11. funnebone profile image72

Eric as usual you are the voice of reason while I accept my role as the blow hard. I guess I take offense to someone padding their list in this fashion. I will admit that I want other people to produce bad hubs for months at a time like I did and hope that pity and charity prevail ! Out of principle I removed myself as a fan of his solely because I have no principles and I figured it was time I developed some.

12. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

On sites like myspace it is popular to add many friends, so I think people come to Hubpages and probably feel the same way.

13. funnebone profile image72

First I would like to point out that you are such a cutie...That would be fine if we were 13 year olds posting pics of ourselves making gang signs and doing shout outs. I am just stating that I find it unethical to just ad people without even reading anything or posting anything. I will be happy to recant my suspicion if said lover of hubbers uses his list for good intentions.

1. Misha profile image64
      Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

What do you call good intentions? He is obviously trying to "game the system" or get some advantage. Probably to get more audience to his poetry. But aren't you trying to do the same when you ask how to bring more traffic to your hubs?
      I would understand your zeal if you were just writing and putting your work in the table. However, the moment you start posting on Hubpages, you start promoting, and blaming others in the same sin is ... well, you know the answer, don't you? wink
      I think starting to develop principles was a mistake, you were much nicer without them big_smile

1. Eunice Apia profile image60

You're funny. I'm going to add you as a friend!.

1. weblog profile image57
          weblogposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You're interesting. You have got a very good hubscore(for author) with just few hubs in 3 days. I'm below 90, with 166 hubs so far.

Yeah, I'm a bit confused by that too. Why is that?

I don't know. I'm also wondering. There are some hubbers who go on adding fans and joining to others fan clubs daily. I'm still not sure about the exact thing or things that decide our hubscore. And, also our author score effects in our individual hub's scores and vice versa.

Okay cool. I will keep that in mind. It's a bit like stocks. You see them raising and falling. It's cool.

14. funnebone profile image72

You are right......Paki pictures...here I come!

15. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL I had to look Paki up big_smile

16. Eunice Apia profile image60
    Eunice Apiaposted 15 years ago

Blame it on myspace but I add people who I think are interesting...isn't that the whole point of adding friends? What other benefits are there on this site and how can I take advantage of them?

17. profile image0
    Jonno.Nortonposted 15 years ago

I was wondering about people who join a million fanclubs too. I was considering doing it, but then I let my better judgment get the best of me and decided to only join fanclubs of people whose hubs I like and intend to read/be updated on.

About the hubscores, I think people with like 167 hubs and a low hubscore could look at the individual hubs and see what their scores are. If you have a bunch that are pretty low it could be affecting your main score. I bet if you deleted some of the really low scored ones it would raise your score overall. But I'm no expert, as you can plainly see I'm very new to the site smile

18. Eunice Apia profile image60
    Eunice Apiaposted 15 years ago

I wonder if adding external links also influencing the hubscore? I added links to my blogs and youtube pages on my profile page. Right after, I noticed the my hubscore went down. I will remove the links it it makes any difference.

That's nothing to worry about links in your profile page. Hubscore is not constant, naturally it fluctuates almost always for every hubber, atleast 2 points.

Great to know. You are informative. I like you, we can be friends.

I am wondering, does it matter if the score fluctuates a couple of points? If you are constantly above 85, I guess you will be taken seriously enough by other hubbers. Although, something like a 97+ is definitely outstanding. Chances are that you will be liked and respected in most of the cases.

Oh, I didn't know it was a popularity contest. Must get those hubscores up!!! I was an outcast in H.S. Maybe this time around I can do it all over and be one of the popular kids!!! Cool. I don't know which one yet.

I sucked at cheerleading. I don't want to be a sporty chick because the hot guys never go for those. Don't want to be the flirt because after they've been around with a few guys, they become boring. The choices. I will get back to everyone on which hubbie I am.

Wait!!! I could be the hot smart chick. Yeah...I'm into writing, gadgets, computers and all that geeky stuff.

Not exactly a popularity contest, but yes, if you are well respected in the hub community (believe me, it exists), obviously your hubs will be read more and more. Moreover, comments on your hubs are guaranteed, and thats pretty encouraging.

If you are a geek, you are probably at the right place. Many guys around are so involved in that sort of stuff. Have fun.

2. weblog profile image57

Yes, Welcome. We can be friends. smile

19. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

Scores also fluctuate through out the day.  Do not sweat the small stuff smile.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)