Politics & World Wars I and II

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (49 posts)
  1. profile image57
    rowleydaposted 14 years ago

I love to write about issues that concern national and international politics.  In addition, I have studied 20th Century history in great detail.  I find it important to write about the myriad reasons that started WWI which, inevitably led to WWII.  How could I possibly make any money writing about historical contents and current world events?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i think if you write content wise, many students will click on your articles and those who read history....mostly college students have a job already so they can click and look at google adsense,,,

why not write a book about it, piece by piece and you can post every chapter or piece to hubpages

1. profile image57
        rowleydaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your input.  That is a good idea.

2. sooner than later profile image60
    sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

current world events could be particularly popular. But you would have to lure them in with a picture of some celebrity on the front doing something obscene- especially considering most of Americans are extremely ignorant. So, basically any world news leading to the next war is new to them.

1. profile image57

What you just said is the truth!  Many Americans are ignorant of history and critical issues that face our country.  They watch Fox news or some other news channel that bends and distorts the truth and they take it as gospel rather than searching and studying for truth.  I did read some where that many children in Oklahoma do not know who the first president of the US was.  That to me is incredible...and scary.

2. profile image0
      Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, that was harsh statement. I see the visual of all Americans being ignorant is all that others outside of the States see. That's a shame.

1. sooner than later profile image60
        sooner than laterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Go to www.cnn.com and on the right hand side click "news pulse" it will amaze you what top news is in America. Its really sad that people dont do investigative research- our media is so corrupt that we should start over.

1. profile image0

Perhaps, but people individually do have the smarts to see that our government doesn't always act in our best interest and see past what they tell us. big_smile

Minimal amount of people.

In case you missed it, here's the top news for Americans today.

1. "Model dies after plastic surgery"
            2. "Tiger Woods cited for crash outside of home"
            3. "Woman denies affair with Tiger Woods"
            4. "Adam Lambert: 'I once weighed 250 pounds'"

1. profile image0

Again you're lumping everyone in a certain set. I could care less about those things; it's all about reading between the lines to get your truth.

3. visitmaniac profile image59
    visitmaniacposted 14 years ago

Write about them people need to learn and understand history.
    Those who fail to study history are bound to repeat it.

1. profile image57

It is amazing how history does repeat itself.  When I think of Afghanistan and the saying that it is "The graveyard of Empires," I get queasy.

4. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

Tarnishing a whole society as ignorant is over the top.  People are people and we need to look at them as individuals x

1. profile image0

Amen. You are a voice of reason yet again smile

1. profile image0
        shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

D..you and me are similar babes x

1. profile image0

I do believe that is true, Shaz big_smile

2. profile image57

You are right.  There are some incredibly brilliant and informed people in our country from all walks of life.  We can't forget who invented the automobile; airplane; nuclear weaponry (which has many negatives); computer technology; etc.  The list goes on and on.  I will say that I do see something in our society that causes me concern and this does not apply to all Americans.  Many people seem to be more interested in consumerism and the self rather than uplifting society as a whole and becoming acting in areas that would make the lives of all Americans better, and the world.  Altruism is not alive and thriving here as vigorously as it should. There is also a tendency of some to glamorize and idolize the rich and famous rather than those who work behind the scenes to make life better for other human beings.  You are also right that human beings are human beings no matter where they come from.  The human animal is complex.

5. pay2cEM profile image80
    pay2cEMposted 14 years ago

Instead of looking just at the EVENTS that led up to both wars, delve into the people that played a major part.  Read their biographies, their memoirs, their private correspondences.  Do a psych analysis profiling on them and dig up the stuff that no one ever learns about. (Like how Hitler had a complex over only having 1 testicle; and wrote extensively in his diaries that he sincerely believed Jesus wanted him to kill the Jews in retribution for the Crucifixion)

Figure out the PERSONAL motivation that led to the action that became the event that jump started off the war.  I would read that.

1. profile image57

You know, I do have that in mind.  Hitler was one weird cat in many ways aside from being a psychopathic murderer.  Stalin too had some strange habits and did many quirky things.  Yes, human nature is fascinating and I would like to delve into those issues because they are interesting to people.

6. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Afghanistan brought down the Soviet Union, it will do the same to the U.S. if we don't wise up and get out of there.

1. profile image57

I agree.  The American people are paying and will continue to pay for "that war" while the standard of living continues to decline for most Americans.  We are in Afghanistan to keep the military industrial complex in business.  If you get a chance, read Gore Vidal's "Perpetual War for Perpetual Peace."  It's a great read and prophetic in a sense.

1. profile image0

It's all about and has always been about big business. Capitalism as a concept is a great idea; it fosters growth in all areas. The perversion of that(BB), fosters nothing good, whatsoever.

2. Bovine Currency profile image59
        Bovine Currencyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The germans are paying Israel under WW2 peace treaty.  America is in the middle east because import/export is the main function of its economy and of course the US government might still believe world domination is possible LOLOLOL!!!big_smile

7. sooner than later profile image60

need to look again, "most of Americans"

am i wrong?

here's an example-

most sheep still don't understand how they have been betrayed by Obama, then most of them wouldn't care if they found out.

8. sooner than later profile image60

"The human animal is complex."

snicker, that doesn't make sense.

1. profile image57

Okay -- let me say it another way, that might work.  The human brain is complex -- human behavior is complex.  There are scientists who study animal behavior primarily in an effort to better understand human behavior.  Jane Goodall is one such scientist.  Humans are animals -- in more ways than one.

9. profile image0

Government as a whole dupes the masses; doesn't matter to what party they belong.

10. profile image0

Interesting in that they both had unusually harsh childhoods; if not physical, then psychological.

1. profile image57

Both men were physically abused by their fathers.

2. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hope someone can remember a television series I think was called "Our sick leaders" It showed many leaders amongst them Stalin who had brain tumors, syphilis or other brain affecting illnesses.

1. profile image0

It's incredible how this stuff is discovered far too late, however.

11. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Adolf! It's time to clean your room.

Dad don't be abusing on me!

1. profile image0

Pretty much. That and much maneuvering in the political arena, too.

12. sooner than later profile image60

We have wars to fight within our borders. the Federal Reserve # 1.

What ever happened to the unacountable trillions lost by the "bail out"

"for those of you that oppose the bail out, its time to man up" Obama.

1. profile image0

Okay, so now this is an Obama-bashing thread?

nope, just thought that was an interesting quote.

1. profile image0

And there are some who could attribute a quote or two to Bush, and that solves?.....

Obama signed Bush's Patriot act, something he swore he wouldn't do. I think they are actually very similar.

1. profile image0

I think they're both idiots. But, Anarchy is illegal, so, ........

haha indeed.

1. profile image57
                  1. Bovine Currency profile image59
                    Bovine Currencyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

if you can't beat them you join them or if you try beat them and they cant beat you, they will pay someone to beat you, or shoot you.

13. profile image0

The scary part is that these individuals(Hitler and Stalin) were given Carte Blanche to carry out their actions at first. It's still possible as evidenced by the various crackpot regimes around the world today.

14. profile image0

Hmm, that was a unique shuffling of our conversation, I think. I don't recall some of it, however.....

1. profile image57

Oh, for heaven's sake -- I did something wrong and you got credit for saying it!  I'm sorry.  I just started today.

1. profile image57

I have another question for whomever.  Can you really make any money on HubPages?  From what I have read, it just sounds too good to be true.

1. profile image0

First off, no offense taken. Secondly, if you produce good, quality hubs and market them shrewdly, you can make money. I suggest you check out the HubHelp sites on HP; they will be a great tool to setting up your game plan. big_smile

15. sooner than later profile image60

watch "obama deception" on youtube- it is not "right wing" bashing as I suspected- but it really puts some things into perspective. Bush included.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)