What happened to being "Born gay"?

Jump to Last Post 1-39 of 39 discussions (134 posts)
  1. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago
    1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did you not understand the article? Were there too many big words in it? Which words would you like explained? Maybe you could just look at the pictures instead.

Or are you just scared of lesbians as well as liberals and gay men?

1. profile image0
        A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm just scared of you and your friends in the oil business cause you're so tough.

2. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Gays are so scary for some people ! lol
        why would that be ??? yikes big_smile

1. profile image0
          Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Literally, they are afraid they may have gay tendencies, wink.

1. profile image0
            shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yep, they MIGHT EVEN have to LOOK at who they actually are!  Now, that wouldnt do, would it? 

I think if you truly know yourself, then you become accepting of all.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The article pretty clearly supports the idea that she was born gay. Welcome to the dark side Tex.

1. profile image0

does it really matter, whether born gay or not?  Let people just be.

Life is for living!

3. profile image0
      thetruthhurts2009posted 14 years agoin reply to this
      1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol, that is a legitimate site...one that "cures" homosexuality smile

4. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This proves nothing as far as being 'born gay', because there is no such thing. It's a gimmick purported on the side of gay rights, so less resistance would be given. And, I'm aware that some studies have been done on some gay people to get an complete understanding.

NO ONE is 'hard-wired' to be gay or a lesbian. It's a myth.

And, Yes, I did read the article and didn't even look at the pictures, except for the one picture that had her and her girlfriend.

This isn't a problem, but also men and women, don't have a complete understanding about their Life- therefore it leads one to conclude that being gay or a lesbian is fine. When the truth of the matter is - it's against the nature of men and women to spend or waste their life with a partner who is of the same sex.

This isn't hatred against them, but to show a lack of knowledge for understanding one's life is obviously missing and with some of the responses in the forum, shows I'm correct.

You can respond however you want, but I won't be answering it anyways, because to explain would require putting it in a Hub because the explanation would be too long to post in a forum.

1. tksensei profile image59
        tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No offense, but you seem to say that A LOT.

2. SteffyRose profile image59
        SteffyRoseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why do you even bother?
        You clearly dislike the LGBT community yet you seem to be stating your opinion in a lot of these LGBT forums. Why not just let us be?

1. Cagsil profile image69
          Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Okay, first off, do not assume you know anything about me or what I am in favor of?

Secondly, you would have received a nicer response, had you not had an attitude, because you're bias. As for this being a lesbian or gay forum is quite irrelevant, considering it is an open PUBLIC forum, and if you don't like it too bad.
          The fact that it takes much more than you can fathom, to understand the bigger picture of life for humanity isn't a problem as of yet.

However, as my post that you replied to, stated, there is no evidence to prove otherwise than what was said. Being gay or lesbian is a choice.

Before you can make a decision, the thought runs through your mind, and then once you take action, you institute choice.

Other than that- live your life however you choose. I do not care what you do in the privacy of your own home. I do not care, up to a point, what you do out in public either. You act as if there is something special about being gay or lesbian, and the actual truth is there isn't.

So, please.

1. Sab Oh profile image55
            Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"it takes much more than you can fathom, to understand the bigger picture of life for humanity "

Ah 'guru' mode again...

2. Elpaso profile image60
            Elpasoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is a Seven Month Old forum! And some recent comments in it are as ignorant and opinion based as the arguments of 70 years ago. How can people talk this long and still learn nothing? Mentioning sexual choice in an intelligent conversation is cheap theathrics to continue a dead issue. The science proves theirs is no choice in who you are sexually. There's no real argument left on the subject, just an attempt to fill empty space.

The fact that you bring up the fact that this thread is 7 months old...in your post is completely and utterly foolish action.

Or do you not use the mind that is in your head? hmm

I was responding, if you follow the thread, to someone who posted to this thread, against my post.

So, what's your problem? Did you eat your wheaties this morning and decide to want to come and push this thread some more?

Your post about science finding a gene? Is irrelevant, because before EVERY ACTION is choice. So please.

1. Elpaso profile image60

You seem to be really smart, why the juvinile attack? Do you want a juvinile response?
                Any, I agree, before every action there's a choice. It's not always your choice.

Juvenile attack? You're joking right? roll

You were the one who said, not me. I said it was foolish to say in the first place. I didn't revive the thread. So your point to tell or remind me that the thread was 7 months old was not juvenile in nature?

I'm glad we agreed on choice. But, please stop and think. hmm

2. Elpaso profile image60

The length of the forum was an observation. My comment on your constant JUVENILE name calling is directed towards you. Why get off subject and resort to baiting people. Do you want someone to argue with you, or exchange different ideas and opinions. I prefer the latter. You seem so angry. You want to talk about that? I'll listen to you.

WOW! roll

2. kerryg profile image84
                kerrygposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No.

Being gay and lesbian is not an action, it's a state of being.

Having gay or lesbian sex IS an action, but the act of having gay or lesbian sex does not automatically make you gay or lesbian, and you can be gay or lesbian even if you have never had gay or lesbian sex.

2. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

I dont know why it is that people are so prejudice!  Why cant we all live and let live.  Life is too short for using others as emotional punchbags. 

I dont do same sex, but that doesnt mean that I decry others who do.  LIFE IS FOR LIVING!

1. tantrum profile image60

And moving on! smile

2. profile image51
      rialeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am the mother of a lesbian and a straight (who sometimes refers to Bi-Curious) but atm has a hetro relationship. I love them both equally and THEY are both worthwhile productive members of society. Their sexuality doesn't define who they are or their values, it defines their sexuality. So Gay people are born gay and Bi people make the choice. There is nothing more to say on the issue.
      Cheers

3. profile image0

Broken records. I'm just asking what happened to being born gay? She just discovered in the past 7 years why she had a hard time with relationships involving men. I would think if you were born gay you would know a little sooner in life.

Of course she found out sooner, but people pointing out fingers, labeling gays as sinners and all that bla bla bla,make her conceal her  preferences. I'm sure !

1. profile image0

exactly.  People are all to quick to judge!

1. profile image0

Yeah, y'all sure are!

2. tantrum profile image60

Isn't this clear enough ?

1. profile image0

Sure its clear, but it got lost in your usual boring attempt at belittling someone, isn't that clear?

Not very difficult to do, in your case ! lol

1. profile image0

Uh huh

Can't you take a joke, mister ?
                It's your fault.
                I really enjoy when you get somewhat angry lol
                Maybe I'm a sadist  sad

1. profile image0

Uhhhh, I'm somewhat angry? I'm somewhat bored with people who think that anything said about homosexuals is a sign of latent homosexuality. I'm just confused with the "I discovered I was gay late in life!" I ain't buying the "born gay" routine anymore.

1. profile image0
                    cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

why does it matter?

2. Mark Knowles profile image58

You do have an awful strong interest in other people's sexual preferences.

Do you find yourself attracted to men?

Do you watch a lot of baseball or football?

Do you think about being in the changing rooms after the games?

There is no shame here.

No one is judging you.

You are among friends.

2. Michellcat profile image60
      Michellcatposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's not that she didn't know she was more attracted to women. It's that she didn't realize that meant she was gay.

Our whole culture is constantly bombarding us with the message that women are hot and sexy and men are kinda gross. A gay man immediately notices he's out of step with this thinking. A gay woman, OTOH, will just think, "yeah, I'm not that attracted to guys, but that's normal. Women just don't like sex as much as men."

Because our culture also tells women they don't really want sex, they want to cuddle, and that they aren't really that turned on by men anyway. Generations of gay women have lived with men, and relied heavily on vibrators. So have generations of straight women, because women's actual sexual needs have only very recently been acknowledged.

3. TheGlassSpider profile image65
      TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

While I can understand your confusion, I have known people who were totally blind to the fact that they were homosexual until they were capable/strong enough to see it and accept it. This can sometimes be the result of strongly judgmental families or communities...the kind of social messages that tell people that to be gay will result in punishment (on multiple levels).

For some people, even making such an admission to oneself would be tantamount to rebelling against (what one perceives as) the entire world.

In other words, the whole thing might have been such a scary thought that she completely denied her own nature for most of her life until she had the personal strength to accept herself as she is.

It's a more common story than you might think.

4. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There's such a thing as being in denial.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Not always, it seems to happen a lot. I guess some people suppress their natural feelings because they are afraid of what it might mean.

1. profile image0

But why suppress these feelings? I have never suppressed my heterosexuality.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60

But what are you suppressing?  Are you a closet fan of...............

..............The N F L?

1. profile image0

I have been lately. Been watching the Titans.

Watch this Sunday.

2. profile image0

because straight people don't live in an oppressive millieu.

1. profile image0

Thats not the point, I couldn't pretend to be gay, so how can someone who is attracted to the same sex do it?

1. profile image0

it's called 'being in the closet'. because of a society that ridicules and even lashes out against homosexuals, gay people have been forced to hide their sexuality.

"pretend to be gay"?

how does someone pretend to be gay?

why do you care anyway? seriously...did we not learn anything from Matthew Shepard?

Which society would that be?

2. profile image0

How does someone pretend to be Heterosexual? Happens a lot apparently. Are you afraid of me asking a question about this?

1. profile image0

haha of course not. i'm just wondering why this is such an issue. what does it matter HOW someone becomes gay? i'm just trying to understand your position.

1. profile image0

My position? I asked a question, that is not having a position!

1. profile image0

i believe your position, in addtion to asking the question "what happened to being born gay" is, and i quote:

which is what prompted me to ask you why this matters to you - HOW someone becomes gay - whether by choice or by genetics. (which you still haven't answered by the way, but you have your reasons, so, whatever)

5. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Hopefully this will clear the air people are really born differently,  http://www.thetech.org/genetics/ask.php?id=155 smile

6. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

OOOoooo.  Reading for context and main idea.  D.

7. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Oh how lovely. Another thread about being gay.

Well, I knew I was gay from a very young age. Always laughing and smiling, so I was. And here I am - at 41, still laughing, still smiling.

Feeling hoppy all the time. I love being gay smile

And nothing happened to being born gay. Unless you factor in ignorance, the bible and other spurious nonsense about the origins of being gay.

8. profile image0

The typical comments from the "geniuses" of hubpages just show where the lack of tolerance really is.

You said it!

Ahhhhhhhh, another MENSA meeting.
        lol

1. profile image0

Ain't it? So Ron, you think the Colts will end the Titans run?

I'm praying that Jeff Fisher channels his inner Bill Belichick and gives us a break.  It's not inconceivable that Tennessee could be in the Super Bowl this year.  Unlikely due to their start, but right now they look like the most complete team in the NFL.

9. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

@atexan
    Don't you see, that by posting this thread, you are obviously concerned in something that shouldn't be a problem at all ?
    And we're quick to judge ?
    you're quicker to make a fool of yourself !
    and I'm not judging.
    Just my opinion ! big_smile lol

1. profile image0

No, I don't see how asking a question is a problem. The problem is no one can answer the question. Uninvited Writer came up with an answer but the rest is just typical Bullshit from the typical Bullshitters!

Really?
        Well I just said in a post above ,the same thing as UW.
        lol
        so give me a medal ! lol lol

2. Mark Knowles profile image58

The words you are looking for are "latent homosexual."

Not that I am judging. big_smile

10. uliveulearn profile image68
    uliveulearnposted 14 years ago

I was married to a gay man.  Was he born gay?  If so, he didn't know it.  When did he know?  He never told me.  I believe he was scared to lose his family and was never able to "come out" until after we separated.  We were married 24 years.  I feel bad that he had to live with this.  I still and always will love him but wish we were able to talk about it.  He died this year at 47 from lung cancer and he was a wonderful person, friend, father and grandfather.

11. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Do gay people hurt you? Do they make your life miserable, leave them alone, they just want to live a life...like us...they are humans too....they eat the same food, and needs money too, they do most of the things we do, they know how to love, to work....but of course they make love differently, it doesnt mean, they are lower mortals..

LEAVE them ALONE......

Like leave Britney ALONE hehe

1. profile image0

Who is picking on Gay people?

12. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Whatever
    Not my problem

1. profile image0

Then that would be the only thing thats not your problem.

lol lol
        I love the way you continue to come back for more ! lol
        not giving you any more! lol
        Maybe if you behave good. Next time ! big_smile lol

My regards to Texas !smile

13. livelonger profile image87
    livelongerposted 14 years ago

Tex,

Maybe you're right. Maybe people suddenly choose to "go gay" later in life. I'm guessing that with yours and Sneako's obsessions about this topic, that you might be considering a switch yourself. I mean, if it's a choice, then it's one that you could easily make yourself.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel we might expect a "revelation" of a similar sort from the two of you soon. And when you do, please keep in mind that we'll accept you both with open arms. big_smile

1. profile image0

You are so accepting of gay people yet use their sexuality as a put down, do you ever think you may be a hypocrite?

1. livelonger profile image87
        livelongerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Their sexuality? You do realize I'm gay, right?

I certainly don't see homosexuality as something bad, but I'm well aware that insecure "straight" men do. And they're usually the ones who make lives difficult for gay people.

1. profile image0

How the hell would I know if you're gay? People can be whatever they want in this cyberworld. I could be a Green beret or a Priest, and you can say you're gay and not be , funny how that works.

Well, some of the "old timers" here know. But you are free to doubt.

1. profile image0

I don't care if you are gay or not, I am asking what happened to being born gay? That is what has been said for as long as I can remember but all of a sudden people are discovering their sexual preferences, seems odd to me.

I believe I was born gay. I don't remember ever having a choice in the matter, but during childhood and my teen years I completely kept it hidden. You do know about homophobia, right? I didn't come out until I started college. That doesn't mean I chose to be gay in college.

There are no more gay people than there have been in the past. Just a higher percentage of them are finding an environment accepting enough to make that leap and be open about it. I realize that older people might misinterpret it and think it's "catching," but it's obvious younger people have no such worries. That's because they've seen enough of their own peers comfortable enough to come out of the closet. Older people often don't have that luxury.

And a lot of young people nowadays have gay parents  or gay bros and sis and they know about it. And everything is OK..
                  A lot of bisexual people as well came in the open.

14. uliveulearn profile image68

I so agree livelonger.  My husband and I started dating at 15 and married at 19 years old many years ago.  Teenagers don't often know who they are yet let alone know how you were born.  Living in a small town and having children, I can appreciate that it would have been difficult for my husband to come forward no matter when he realized he was or might be gay.  Getting to know who we are is a personal process with many discoveries along the way.  It does not matter how we are born.

I must say you are remarkably understanding and sympathetic about a revelation that must have been equally difficult for you.

2. kerryg profile image84
      kerrygposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Indeed. Add in anti-LGBT bullying, and it's a wonder there are as many "out" teens and young adults as there are. 90% of self-described LGBT teens report having been bullied as a result of their orientation in the previous 12 months. Most of the bullying is verbal, but 16% are physically harassed and 8% are assaulted.

90% of all teenagers report having heard the word "gay" used in a derogatory way, and there is also significant bullying based on perceived orientation. One study estimated that for every actual LGBT teen who is a victim of homophobic bullying, four straight students are bullied because they are perceived to be gay.

A Texan, the fact that you never "suppressed your heterosexuality" just means you are lucky enough to live in a society where your sexuality is privileged.

1. profile image0

The supposed tolerant people on this thread have used the term in a derogatory manner. I do not care what ones sexuality is I am just curious as to how it can be suppressed for many years. Some have answered with well thought out responses while others respond with "you must be a closet gay" as if thats a bad thing. The reason I did not suppress my heterosexuality is because its what I am!!

15. uliveulearn profile image68

Thank you livelonger.  I've had much to be understanding and sympathetic to in life and learned that we each have our paths to live.  Forgive, try to understand and move on.  I am still trying to figure it all out and don't get to talk about it much.  Bottom line is he was a wonderful person who had his own struggles.

Kerryg, I will never understand the need for violence or bullying except to say that it stems from insecurity and ignorance.

I agree, living according to an accepted path of society is obviously easy.

16. progressiveWiccan profile image60
    progressiveWiccanposted 14 years ago

TEX ASKS....WHATEVER HAPPEN TO BEING BORN GAY? YOU ALL PRESENT SOME HONEST, INTELLIGENT RESPONSES. SO FOR A SIMPLE MIND A SIMPLE RESPONSE...
    WHAT HAPPENED TO BEING BORN GAY? NOTHING....3 MORE WERE BORN AS I TYPED.
    I AM 46 AND I HAVE LEARNED, THERE ARE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD THAT JUST DONT WANT TO LEARN ANYTHING NEW. THEY ASK STUPID QUESTIONS JUST TO GET FOLKS UPSET WHEN THEY KNOW THE ANSWER ALL ALONG. ALL WE CAN DO IS TURN TO YOUR DIETY AND PRAY FOR THEM.

17. TLMinut profile image61
    TLMinutposted 14 years ago

rialee said bi people make the choice - why would they be different? The only bi I personally know is attracted to men but 'experimented' with women as a rebellion to her parents. But that's only one person, wonder why it would be different than being born one way or another.

And Tex, maybe the ones who don't know just didn't recognize it because those feelings weren't recognized as sexual. Lots of women can openly talk about how attractive another woman is without meaning anything sexual at all. I can see how a young girl could find another woman attractive without thinking it means anything other than that the woman is obviously pretty or sexy.
    I don't know about guys, usually when I've heard men talk about another man being attractive, they're angry! Mad that that guy will get the women without having to work for it.

18. Watch Tower profile image60
    Watch Towerposted 14 years ago

this might have been already said.

thought his question keeps coming up so here is my answer.

People fear what they do not understand, or can not on any level relate to.

Taking out the over used Biblical reason

People fear or hate gays, because they do not understand how two males, or two females could love one another as much or more than a relationship between a man and a woman.

Just as people fear or hate people that are not of their own race.

Yet these fears are more often than not based on false and irrational thinking and beliefs that more often than not contradict themselves. Though to say people that do not understand doesn't refer to their intelligence. It only means they closed their minds to new knowledge, ideas and looking at,and from new perspectives.

19. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

No.
    It simply means they know wrong from right and choose to not engage in, nor advocate for, a plainly wrong and dirty lifestyle.
    My mind is closed to calling what's plainly wrong, right.

20. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Oh man. I wish people had the knowledge before they made such bold statements.

21. profile image0

How could you possibly know that they don't "have the knowledge"?

And indeed a person doesn't have to have literal experience anyway in order to know something isn't right.  It's called conscience plus common sense.

22. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

One person common sense is another person insanity lol

23. profile image0

Then it's no longer common sense, is it?

1. Colebabie profile image59
      Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not for the other person.

24. Colebabie profile image59

If what you deem "right" is based on your own religion, then those standards should apply to your life and the life of those whose religion you share. You cannot tell someone they are "wrong" because they do not believe as you do.

That is just one example.

25. profile image0

Yes, actually, I can.

And can you be friends with people you believe are "wrong"?

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

To a degree, yes.
        Same with you I'm sure.

Umm, I'm not generally friends with people who believe I'm "wrong". I like to surround myself with people who are supportive and care about my happiness.

1. profile image0

You surround yourself with people who only agree with you? You must be very boring!

"Wrong" in the sense that how I live my life is immoral. Not "wrong" as in I have to be right about everything.

1. profile image0

Ok, if you say so.

Yes, that was the context of the word in Brenda and I's conversation. I know I'm not right all the time (or even most of the time).

2. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can, surely. Does not mean anybody but your co-religionists will be listening to you. smile

26. profile image0

That's true, Misha.

27. profile image0

This thread is still around? Does Hubpages ever delete anything?

28. profile image0

I can understand that.
    But I'd rather be surrounded by people who care about my soul.

There are misunderstanding about the "friendship" thing.  Even where Jesus is mentioned.

Jesus was a friend to sinners.
    That meant He cared about them.  It meant He cared about where they'd spend eternity.
    It didn't mean that He partied with them in THEIR way or condoned sin.

It also doesn't mean that THEY were HIS friends.

Someone can be a friend TO someone and not be a friend OF them,  as in.....Jesus was a friend to sinners,  but they weren't friends to Him because they didn't really care about Him.

Make any sense?

1. profile image0

Uhhhhhhhhhhh, yeah?

Damn Tex, when I left for work 8 hours ago you were in here spouting a bunch of B.S.  I come home and find you still in here spouting B. S.

Get a life man! yikes

2. Colebabie profile image59

Yes that makes sense. And the friends OF me care about me.

29. Colebabie profile image59

I wouldn't want a friend TO me, who just wants to change me.

30. profile image0

I understand that.
    Many felt that way.
    And many still do.

Jesus Loved everyone.
    He gave up his dignity, his opportunity for a long life here on earth, his freedom, his comfort,  ..his very life, for them.

And how many will even give up their lusts for him?
    Those who want to take his friendship but never return it, never take up a Cross and follow him.....

31. Colebabie profile image59

How can you love someone who's life you believe is immoral?

32. profile image0

With the same Love that God Loved with.
    Agape Love.
    Unconditional Love.

His Love for all mankind is unconditional.
    But not His judgement.

I had a difficult time understanding this once, until a friend of mine pointed out that Christians are Commanded to Love everyone;  and that it's possible to pray to God and ask Him to give us that Love in our hearts for someone we may not even like, much less "love"...

33. Colebabie profile image59

Well this thread is supposed to be about homosexuality. Sorry to the OP for taking it off on a religious tangent. In regards to my first statement. In my opinion, those who form their opinions on homosexuality based on religion do not know much about the subject but what is said in the bible. And because of that lack of knowledge I find it inappropriate to judge.

If you are against homosexuality... then don't be gay. Those who do not follow your religion should not be judged by it. I'm sorry that your beliefs mean that you must call others lives immoral. And although you say all Christians must love unconditionally, I do not understand your definition of love. How can unconditional love not also mean support and happiness?

34. profile image0

Okay.

Suppose you have a friend who's an alcoholic.
    Drinking isn't against the law.
    It isn't even against God's laws.
    But being a drunkard is.
    Being a drunkard while driving is against the law.
    In some places, just having liquor in one's possession is illegal.
    Not to mention, even, the many effects it has one's life in other ways.
    Your friend is happy as long as he has his liquor bottle whenever he wants it.
    You, however, are very aware of the problems his drinking has, is, and will have.  Or, even if it hasn't caused him any visible problems yet, you're smart enough to realize it can and will cause problems.

..Do you ever warn him about it?  Or not?

Are you relating someone who is not a Christian to someone that has a disease?

Alcoholism is a disease. Driving while intoxicated is illegal. Having family members in my family who are alcoholics, I can assure you they are not happy and that is why they drink. I have been to AA with a friend for support. Being at an AA meeting with her is to support her so that she can be happy.

This example doesn't mean anything to me in relation to religion, I'm sorry.

35. profile image0

Actually the BS is over in the pets section.
    Or should I say the CS (chicken S) is in that section.
    Someone made an innuendo thread and thought it was funny I guess.

36. profile image0

Alright, Colebabie.
    I tried.
    I'll call it a day with this subject.

It just doesn't relate, I'm sorry Brenda. To me religion is something personal. It isn't right to tell someone what to believe. Nor to exclude others from your life.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60

Now you can tell your fellow snake handlers that you harrassed your quota of heathens today smile

37. profile image0

haha funny one Ron. wink

...I have no fellow snake handler friends, believe it or not.
    And it wasn't about any quota.
    It was about an opportunity to share something important.

But anyway....

I know.  Your beliefs dictate that you spread the truth as you see it.  (or in your terms, the truth God has provided)

38. Colebabie profile image59

And understanding homosexuality and its acceptance is something I feel is important...
    We both tried Brenda.

39. profile image0

Yes.
    It's what He died for.
    It's what Christians both live and die for.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)