MIA Hubbers

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (35 posts)
  1. DJ Funktual profile image76
    DJ Funktualposted 15 years ago

I sure do miss IĆ°unn and rockinjoe around here sometimes.  Jonathan too. (vreccc)

Anybody else you wanna put on this Milk Carton thread devoted to the ones that got away?

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

I miss them, too sad

Not sure what milk carton thread is and what am I supposed to do, though?

3. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

Missing people used to be put on the side of those paper milk quarts, Misha!

I miss vreccc too.

4. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Got ya. smile

Now, challenge for graphic designers around - to make such quart smile

5. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

That's almost too easy, Misha.  wink

1. stephhicks68 profile image87
      stephhicks68posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Do it!!  I would love to see it!

6. DJ Funktual profile image76

Sorry to add to the list but i guess. I'm MIA as well.

I am retiring from hubbing for awhile. 

Enjoy all my work.  i did it for you.  Peace.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image73
      Maddie Ruudposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Jamie!  Where are you going?

2. Doc Rich profile image59
      Doc Richposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Wow! I was becoming hooked on your work. I wish you well...take care of yourself.neutral

3. stephhicks68 profile image87

WHAT????

4. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Come on! You are kidding, right?

5. lady luck profile image68
      lady luckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

DJ youre such a drama queen tongue

7. Rik Ravado profile image87
    Rik Ravadoposted 15 years ago

DJ

You rock.  We'll really miss you while you're gone.

A quote from your profile:

"That is what a DJ is. The guy who sticks his musical knowledge his mixing abilities and basically his balls on the table and says check this out!"

Come back soon and keep your balls safe!

8. DJ Funktual profile image76

Nah.  I gotta work on other things.  I'll be checking the comments but that's it for awhile.  I just spend too much with it as it stands now.    Maybe100 Funniest Movies will get worked on sporadically in the future but...

I can't make money at this.  Hubpages doesn't appear to be hiring so...

Gotta go get that money.   Thanks to all.  You guys helped me a lot. 

Check ya later.

1. vietnamese profile image67
      vietnameseposted 15 years agoin reply to this

DJ, don't go! You can make money and be here also. We'll miss you!

2. stephhicks68 profile image87

But you've got to post and publish a Hub every once in a while.  Perhaps if you just budgeted your Hub time, you can have fun and make money too?  Really, we need our DJ to stay!

9. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Good luck then buddy! And waiting for your return smile

10. WeddingConsultant profile image65
    WeddingConsultantposted 15 years ago

Well whatever you choose, DJ, I wish you luck!  Hate to see you go, but if you need more time then it's probably for the better.

It was fun getting to know you.

11. Dorsi profile image88
    Dorsiposted 15 years ago

Nooooo!! Don't go- read my hub about internet fasting- maybe you just need to take a break from the net for a bit-
    and replan your money making strategy.........
    I'm in the same boat you are-
    I just have to figure out how to discipline my time, balance that with writing on the net and finding a stream of income in the "outside" world...
    We need our DJ!

12. DJ Funktual profile image76

No worries guys.  I'll be around.  Like you say in the introduction to hubpages is very addictive.  I'm sure a lot of you know how much time it takes to make 150 hubs in 4 months.  Moderation is the problem, of course.

I want to be a Daddy and as the great REM once said

I CAN'T GET THERE FROM HERE.

I was made for this medium but there's also a reason why I was so clueless about computers when I arrived.  I'm not a hunch over the keyboard guy.
    I'm a hunch over the mixing board guy.   

You guys can always comment and I know I'll respond.  Maybe I'll just check it once a day and leave it alone until things get better on track.

ONE LAST FUNNY STORY
    when I got my new computer recently
    i awoke to find the monitor wasn't receiving any signal from the pc.  i was scared and angry and confused so I attached my old monitor, again nothing.  rather than call the compny's phone number on the box, mr. sensible that i am, i drove all the way back to best buy in this ungodly heat (READ: homesick NYer)  and put my computer on the table where the geeks work.  i was visibly agry and there was no one on line before me.  several people had seen my eyes and just turned around and went back behind the curtain.  this went on about 7 minutes until steam was blowing out my ears and then approached a very kind looking and patiently smiling accomodating person he took the stuff out of the box with a smile as I began recanting the steps that led up to my current mood.  he plugged it in to monitor from 1984 and lo and behold there was the internet.  i was flabberghasted and embarassed but also sort of relieved and he says why did your other monitor not work.  we checked my new monitor, again..fine.  wtf.   all i could muster was 'the power button wasn't yellow before..now it's blue what did you do?"

he smiled that ever so kind but 'OMG is this guy dumb' and explained (in front of about 4 other customers who arrived after me but very concerned to solve the problem as well)

uh...sir.  you put your computer to sleep.   

DJF   ~   I did wha? 

sir you put your computer to sleep.

DJF  ~  you mean with my hubs?  they were boring?. 

sir i don't know what a hub is but you simply put your computer to sleep.

DJF  ??????????

sir when you turned off your computer last night, you just put it to sleep.

DJF (turns around like WTF only to see the rest of the people on line cover their mouths and laughter while I AM STILL CLUELESS!   

rofl.
    i didn't have the nerve to tell it at the time but there it is.  my last humbling experience on this stupid thing.   THE COMPUTER.

i can hear your laughter even though it hasn't happened yet.  enjoy yourselves guys.

and try to remember what i have theorized

If the funky were more intellectual and the intellectuals got more funky we could save modern music today.

(my suggestion is to start with Curtis Mayfield)
    The Impressions ~ people get ready, it's all right.
    later the pimpin stuff
    freddie's dead
    superfly
    pusher man

These songs were ANTI-Blaxpoitation songs being put in blaxpoitation flims.
    He was bucking the system right under their noses & they didn't have a clue.
    but the people did.

Peace.

I really gotta go so.
    bye.  For a while...

13. Cailin Gallagher profile image68
    Cailin Gallagherposted 15 years ago

We'll miss you D.J.  We honestly will.  I know how disheartening it can be when you have family demands on your time and a need for steady income.   This is a slow-moving enterprise in a fast-paced world.  Keep writing if you get some free-time.  We'll be here!

14. DJ Funktual profile image76
  15. crashcromwell profile image68
    crashcromwellposted 15 years ago

DJ - sorry to see you go. I agree that hubbing can be highly addictive. My wife just read me the riot act a couple days ago, which is why I haven't been around as much. I, too, feel the need to rejoin the human world, but I have no plans of saying hasta lasagna to the hubpages. Moderation is the key my friend.

1. SweetiePie profile image81
      SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Just a thought: have you asked your wife to join you at Hubpages?  If you can't beat them join them!

1. crashcromwell profile image68
        crashcromwellposted 15 years agoin reply to this

If you knew my wife, you would know how funny that comment is.....Suffice to say we are a great example of opposites attracting.

It's OK, though. We're both a little stressed because we're about to move, and I think things will calm down once we're in the new house.

Jim

1. SweetiePie profile image81
          SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I just thought maybe she was not very familar with it.  However, it sounds like it is not her thing so I can understand.

1. crashcromwell profile image68
            crashcromwellposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I wish my wife would get a hobby so she wouldn't hold it against me for having one.

16. DJ Funktual profile image76

My wife has nothing to do with it, thanks.

17. DJ Funktual profile image76

With 28,000 hits in 4 months, and half of them this past 30 days.  I guess there is too much momentum for me to stop cold turkey like I planned, but my days of playing games around the fourms however are definitely finished until I win lotto.

In the meantime I will be having a 24-Hour Fundraising Telethon of Hubs today! 

My first video of the day came out last night (link above) and there are gonna be a few more before I'm done.  I ain't goin down without a fight.  Or at least a benefit concert. 

100 Funniest Movie lovers will be shouting "I Want My $2 Dollars" soon too!

18. Angela Harris profile image67
    Angela Harrisposted 15 years ago

Lady luck, I was thinking the same thing. wink

19. ripplemaker profile image78
    ripplemakerposted 15 years ago

sad    smile  you you you...TICKLE!!

20. DJ Funktual profile image76

That's Drama King to you.    tongue

I gotta go to bed now so I can be fresh for my show for FUTURE HALL-of-FAMER 
    Warren Sapp (( 300 person Pool Party at a Mansion in Miami Beach)).    Drama? oh hell no!  REALITY SUCKAS!

Enjoy that dusty taste!

21. Angela Harris profile image67
    Angela Harrisposted 15 years ago

Congratulations on the gig, DJ.

1. DJ Funktual profile image76
      DJ Funktualposted 15 years agoin reply to this

thanks Ange!  keep it real.    Goodnight all.  It's from 2-6pm so i'm sure I'll be hubbing more half naked ladies by 10pm latest.

22. DJ Funktual profile image76

p.s.    I only need twelve more fans and I win a toaster!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)