Our President, The Coward?

Jump to Last Post 51-65 of 65 discussions (227 posts)
  1. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

good point ad good to see you btw

2. galal4real profile image55
    galal4realposted 14 years ago

AM REALLY IMPRESSED WITH SILVER LININGS IDEA, BUT ITS AMAZING TO BELIEVE THAT WITH ALL THE KIND OF INTELLECTUAL ABILITY DISPLAYED TO THE WHOLE WORLD BY OBAMA CAN PROVES 2B JUST A PAWN BY THE REAL POWER PLAYERS BEHIND THE SEAN.

1. profile image52
      learn to be youposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Exactly its quite sad actually he will actually help
      alot though!! if only it would last

3. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 14 years ago

Healthyminds wrote:
    Darfour....how can that be related to Islam or to any religion. Why do you americans insist that every thing that some twisted man (like Bin Laden) is a belief is Islam...I just want to deliver one thing:
    These people in darfour/terrorists/taliban/bin laden, etc..DOES NOT represent Islam.

Yes they do.

Show me the outcry from the moderate Imams scholars etc,. Or even some few thousand angry muslims mad about terrorism. Other than the ones crying cause it just happened to them. Cause they are not usually crying when I see them.  It is just not there.

Islam in Darfur shows the true facce of that religion.

And any American who can read and looks to the sources suppiled, and others both inside and outside of Islam, will find the truth as they, Islam loves to pronounce it.

That is the end of my discussion about Islam.

It can speak so much more eloquently viscious and circulairly illogically for itself. Hate em all,-(non-muslims)-, unless they are your slave, Dhimmis or a Muslim.

Then you can love them, and live in peace with them.

But

Islam cannot even live in peace on its own.

Funny eh.

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image64
      AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is an odd argument, given that Darfur is just about the *only* place where Muslims live where there *is* conflict. It's like saying "Look at Northern Ireland. True face of Christianity."

But you still haven't filled out which countries you lived in for some years, and the details of your studies over decades. (I'm serious, if this is true, then your arguments are far more interesting to me)

1. TMMason profile image61
        TMMasonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Go check the conflicts currently ocurring in the world,... Islam is involved in 96%, to 98%, of those.

It is by far the only place. Next laugh

And I share enough personal info here. You don't get no more.

Why don't you just tell me. And compare with those in which Christians are involved. An argument that begins "Go check..." is not an argument -- why should I? If you know, just tell me (but make sure you don't do a count of the last several hundred years, you know the first and second world wars, Korea, Vietnam, Congo, Rwanda, American Civil War, Spanish-American War, American war with Mexico, Napoleonic Wars, Boer War, war with the zulus...)

2. tksensei profile image60
        tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Say wha?????

"wha" (I didn't say the "only"; of course we have Iraq, Afghanistan, and the Israeli conflict, but there are over a *billion* Muslims stretching from the Atlantic (Morocco) to the South Pacific (Malaysia...). I mean, most conflicts are in Africa, and have nothing to do with Islam, or religion of any kind

1. tksensei profile image60

There are no conflicts which in any way involve Muslims that do not (by their own reckoning) involve religion. And don't forget to include SEA, Russia, and China in your accounting.

Man this is tiring. It still does not take away from the fact that 99.99% of the world's Muslims are not involved in any sort of conflict.

And what percentage of every other faith? And where do you get that rather specific figure?

Christians and Jews have both used religion to justify war. Heck, if there is one feature of human history it has been the involvement of (various) religions in warfare. Islam included. But, I mean, the Japanese were not Muslims, the Soviets were not Muslims, the Nazis were not Muslims, the Vietnamese were not Muslims, the Koreans were not Muslims, the French were not Muslims. It's just so tiring. Of course Islam has been used to justify war. Absolutely true. Mohammed spread Islam through war as you know. Of course if you believe the Bible the Israelites founded their homeland using warfare too (not that I actually believe that, but the Israelis definitely pried Palestine from the hands of the British using military tactics, blowing up army installations, and so on).

War is all over the place. Muslims are involved in many wars. This does not mean that Islam=War. The Ottoman Turks sat on top of a massive empire next door to Europe for four hundred years without once attacking the European mainland (I mean, they possessed part of it, but they left the rest alone, for the most part); if that is not getting along with your neighbours, what is

I didn't say it did. Take that up with the guy who did.

4. galal4real profile image55
    galal4realposted 14 years ago

THE MAIN THING THAT WILL KEEP THE WORLD UNSTABLE IS WHEN WE DON'T TREAT OTHER PEOPLES RELIGION WITH RESPECT. WE SHOULD ALWAYS HAVE IT AT THE BACK OF OUR MIND THAT WHAT EVER U SAID TO A MUSLIMS ISLAM SO WILL HE TRY TO SAY SOME THING SIMILAR AND SAY BACK TO CHRISTIANITY AND THAT LEADS US ONLY TO ANARCHY, IF WHAT ONE WILL SAY U THINK WILL NOT SOUND WELL OR BE ACCEPTABLE TO ANOTHER PERSON IS BETTER TO KEEP IT IN MIND, IT WILL BE BETTER IF WE USE THIS MEDIUM AS AN AVENUE WERE WE CAN REACT TO THINGS INTELLECTUALLY.

1. TMMason profile image61
      TMMasonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I read Christian Hate speech and call it as I see it. I will do the same to all things I encounter in life.

I am tired of the PC attitude, that just cause someone might not like the truth. We shouldn't say it.

Are we so stupid as to ignore truth!

I have read and studied Islam. I have determined that in my opinion it is hate speech.

Place Christ, where it says mohhammud in the Quran, and God where it says Allah,(Which means God), but it is more comfortable to many Christians to say God instead of Allah.

Change those two things and read the Quran and Hadis, and tell me then that it isnt hate speech.

Also remember the Chronology of the Qu'ran. It is not in the proper order of revelation. A trick played? Or just some wierd mistake.

I think it is ordered for affect. You come away thinking the peaceful stuff came last. It did not!

Nice trick

Here is the Chronological order as set by Noeldeke through diligent research into the original sources of Islam.

Chronologically, Noeldeke divides the Qu'ran into the first period in Mecca,... 96, 74, 111, 106, 108, 104, 107, 102,105, 92, 90, 94, 93, 97, 86, 91, 80, 68, 87, 95 103, 85, 73, 101, 99, 82, 81, 53, 84, 100, 79, 77, 78, 88, 89, 75, 83, 69, 51, 52,56,70, 55, 112, 109, 113, 114, 1.

The Middle Period In Mecca,... 54, 37, 71, 76, 44, 50, 20, 26, 15, 19, 8, 36, 43, 72, 67, 23, 21, 25, 17, 27, 18.

The Late Period in Mecca,... 32, 41, 45, 16, 30, 11, 14, 12, 40, 28, 39, 29, 31, 42, 10, 34, 35, 7, 46, 6, 13.

And in Al'Madina2, 98, 64, 62, 8, 47, 3, 61, 57, 4, 65, 59, 33, 63, 24, 58, 22, 48, 68, 60, 110, 49, 9, 5.

And take note surahs 9 and 5 were the last revcealed to moohhammud and proclaimedxd to the Ummah. So they over-rule any previous suras thet may contradict them.

Have fun. Allah says kill and convert, and you must submit to it.

5. TMMason profile image61

Oh I am not argueing it is a fact. I know it already.

HAHAHAH you are funny. Christianity is not at war in 96 percent of the conflicts in the world.

Islam cannot get along with its neighbors. It is a fact of history. I don't have to argue it. lol funny.

Look, I seriously would like to get to the bottom of this. Why can't you just tell me.

6. TMMason profile image61

okay man I will give a reply in seriousness if you don't resort to the racist this and that, and hater BS.

That is just red herring an arguement. My dislike is not for each individual Muslim. It is for Islam, as it was concieved and is to be practiced. If one follows its purest form in the example of Mohhammud.

Well, if it's any consolation, from what I have seen of Muslims in Morocco, and elsewhere, the biggest threat to Islam is greater than any army (of course, maybe it's not a "threat", maybe in some ways it is a good thing); it is the march of "globalization" -- American movies, European cable TV, British and American pop and rock music, Western ideas of democracy and feminism -- trust me, from what I see, Islam will be as diluted as Christianity is in Europe right now, before too long; it is hard to beat out McDonald's, Britney Spears, and the power of... soccer...

7. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

haha....people go

"Barack HUSSEIN Obama", with an arch look.... big_smile

i don't like Barack Obama but i don't think he has a secret "put Islam first" agenda.

Now that Paula Abdul...

8. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

haha! big_smile

9. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

What about the artist formerly known as Cat Stevens?

1. SweetiePie profile image81
      SweetiePieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He is of Greek descent.  Not all Arabs are Muslims, and not all Muslims are Arabs smile.

10. Mezo profile image61
    Mezoposted 14 years ago

By Healthyminds from Mezo's account:

This is going to be my last reply...You stated that Surah 5 & 9, and here are some verses from Chapter 5, from the Quran..
    Surat Al-ma'ida (5):
    ==============================================================
    (68)
    Say (O Muhammad ) "O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! You have nothing (as regards guidance) till you act according to the Taurât (Torah), the Injeel (Gospel), and what has (now) been sent down to you from your Lord (the Qur’ân)." Verily, that which has been sent down to you (Muhammad) from your Lord increases in most of them (their) obstinate rebellion and disbelief. So be not sorrowful over the people who disbelieve.

(82)
    Verily, you will find the strongest among men in enmity to the believers (Muslims) the Jews and those who are idolaters(pagans) [of Mecca] and you will find the nearest in love to the believers (Muslims) those who say: "We are Christians." That is because amongst them are priests, devout worshippers and monks, and they are not conceited(not arrogant).
    (83)
    And when they (who call themselves Christians) listen to what has been sent down to the Messenger (Muhammad), you see their eyes overflowing with tears because of the truth they have recognised. They say: "Our Lord! We believe; so write us down among the witnesses.

==========================================================
    So does this mean Islam hates chrisrianity?

I know you can reply with many other verses and keep cutting verses out of context and make them appeal as you want, anyway

I'm not coming back to this thread (really tired of this discussion) but if anyone wants to read Quran, and understand the meaning of things, they can do it by themselves:

and you can make sure that I didn't just choose some verses out of their context, go read the whole chapter (Surat Al-Ma'ida):
    http://www.2muslims.com/directory/Quran … ali/5.html

and here are more verses for you:
    ============================================
    [But] they are not all alike: among the followers of earlier revelation (christians and jews) there are upright people, who recite God's messages throughout the night, and prostrate themselves [before Him].

They believe in God and the Last Day, and enjoin the doing of what is right and forbid the doing of what is wrong, and vie with one another in doing good works: and these are among the righteous.
    And whatever good they do, they shall never be denied the reward thereof: for, God has full knowledge of those who are conscious of Him.

The Holy Quran [3:113],[3:114],[3:115]
    Surat Al-Imran

===================================================

I totally agre with you PLEASE people GO READ about Islam. yes you are totally right, Islam speaks for itself...please read and you can start with sites i mentioned in my previous reply, If you want Islam to speak about itself, then read the Islamic websites, and NOT someone (anyone, all respect) who hates Islam talking about Islam! as I said, it is like asking a vegan about his opinion in meat!

Of course there are Muslims causing conflicts who said Muslims are angels? in fact there alot , ALOT of people using the name of Islam for their own benifits which has nothing to do with Islam, just like those in Darfour! But sure, this won't convince you because you just made your mind a long time ago, you are free to believe in what you want, and I'm free to believe that G.W.Bush represented christianity when he talked about the holy crusades!

And please can you name those Muslim countries with wars or conflicts? Egypt? no, KSA? no, UAE, no, Oman? no, Kuwait?, no, Syria? no..Gordan, Tunisia, Morocco,Libya, Algeria,Indonesia, Malaysia, NO...mmmmmmm.Let's see some parts of the Muslim world with conflicts

-Sudan.
    -Afghanistan (America invaded it)
    -Iraq. (America is there, too!)
    -Pakistan. (not an expert about them, sorry!)
    -Palestine (Palestinians are defending their lands, Israelis think it is their land too, USA is supporting Israel...now let's imagine that Palestine was a christian country......would it have just given the Israeli's their land peacefully?
    of course not!

Okay, I hope you name the countries with conficts and tell me who is actually behind them...

I apologize for annoying anyone, I also apologize for discussing religion and writing verses (I know this is not the religion forum) but I just wanted to reply to Mr.Tmmason who mentioned Chapter 5 and 9(which talked about a certain period of time) as evidences against Islam, you can read them by yourself..
    http://www.altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp?tMa … nguageId=2

Thank you.

11. cheaptrick profile image73
    cheaptrickposted 14 years ago

We are doing exactly what THEY want use to do,focusing our attention on Obama.Obama is a PUPPET,a distraction that hinders the exact ID of the REAL people who are draining our freedom.
    How about we focus on them and find out who they are.We still have time to save America if we ignore the distractions and go after the architects of this new world order that requires our individual freedom as payment.

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this
    2. Ralph Deeds profile image65
      Ralph Deedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why don't your tell us who "they" are?

1. cheaptrick profile image73
        cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I didn't say I know who They are.I said we should find out instead of wasting energy on impotent discussions about Obama.

12. Presigo profile image59
    Presigoposted 14 years ago

Not sure if he is a coward or not. Haven't seen evidence either way. Hr certainly is inexperienced in matters of war which we knew coming into the election. I hope we dont have to add cowardice to his resume as well, this is not what we need in these times.

13. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

Coward? No, I don't think so. He's too calculating. Too smart to be a coward. Doesn't mean he's smart at truly solving problems we face as a nation.

Muslim? No, I don't think it serves his political agenda. I don't think the guy is religious or patriotic. I think his agenda is about human rights, which isn't so bad, although no one really knows for sure what his real motives are.

He's illusive and cunning. He won't be pegged one way or another. All the other conservative/religious garbage is just white noise. It's irrelevant. Who wants to listen to fear-mongering and hate? I've had a gut full of that.

I don't necessarily like Obama because you can't really know what he's truly up to. His motives are unclear.

14. rhamson profile image71
    rhamsonposted 14 years ago

@ Daniel Carter

I agree with your assessment of Obama.  It is hard to understand some of the things that he has done and not wonder what his motives are.

He spoke of change and surrounded himself with the same old slime bag lobbyists, banking and business people as all the former presidents have.  These are the people advising him and have influence over his decisions.

The Afghanistan build up is against campaign rhetoric to seemingly draw down troop levels in the middle east is also perplexing.

Is he a coward? I really don't think so and has not proven it yet.

15. Siotosh profile image60
    Siotoshposted 14 years ago

We salute and applaud Obama
    No No No cowardliness is when you away and bomb defenceless nations that can't defend themselves. He's sending men on the ground, something the coward bush should have done on 9/18. Instead of doing so, he let his friends in Afghanistan escape.
    Bush lead us all up the garden path, and now the most academically qualified president in history, has to sort out the mess.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)