Something Strange With Adsense too??????

Jump to Last Post 1-37 of 37 discussions (72 posts)
  1. crazyhorsesghost profile image70
    crazyhorsesghostposted 14 years ago

Up until Thanksgiving Day I was averaging $9.28 a day. Since then it has gone in the tank. While I know the traffic is about the same. It has dropped away to almost nothing.

Something is not right here folks.

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My adsense looks fine. Sorry to hear about yours. Perhaps you should contact Paul Deeds as well as habee, so he can see if there is pattern.

1. profile image0
        shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OMG.. Your are a mind of information!  Respect Guru *bows in honour!* hehehe

1. profile image0
          Chris Friendposted 14 years agoin reply to this
    2. ngureco profile image81
      ngurecoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. Something must have changed.

3. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've had exactly the same thing happen. Traffic stable (or rising) and all stats look good. Since Thanksgiving, I've had several days where I've made less than 10 cents and I haven't had that happen to me since I started with AdSense several years ago. I thought it was just me!

This is not a HubPages problems. This is happening across all of my blogs/sites as well as HP.

1. profile image0

OMG that's horrible!!!!! You poor thing!!! How is your traffic? Is it stable or is it down too? If your traffic is stable or increasing, is it possible that visitors are clicking on Amazon capsules and you're not converting within one session?

1. Lily Rose profile image85
          Lily Roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was going to start a thread asking if anyone else is seeing a downturn but I found this one - I've been noticing lately that my 24 hour page views are way down.  It's usually at around 240ish and the last several days it's been at around 150 - yuk!

My adsense is also down the last few weeks - in early November I was averaging about $2 a day, now it's less than $1 most days!

On another note, though, my Amazon is increasing - yesterday I sold 16 items!!  I think that was just a fluke, but I do seem to have at least 1 sale a day, which is way more than when I first started (zero sales).  I'm a bit worried about what'll happen after Christmas - Amazon will probably come to a stand still, but I hope not...

4. relache profile image71
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Have you looked at Analytics to see what is happening with your traffic? 

My earnings were crap in November but since December 1st, things are back to normal.

2. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

Mine has bottomed out also..... $1 for 3500 impressions yesterday..... second worst day of the past 2 months..... I averaged about $7 a day last month....

1. profile image0

are they buying stuff instead?

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually my Amazon is doing OK(ish).... but that is still without a doubt my lowest ever CPM....

3. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

i have to agree. i am getting lots of impressions but not a lot of $ all of a sudden. maybe the system is overloaded?

4. profile image0
    Chris Friendposted 14 years ago

I haven't earned a dime so far. Don't know why.

1. livewithrichard profile image72
      livewithrichardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Chris maybe you should consider going back to your hubs and reworking them.  You have some interesting titles but your text looks all bunched together.  Try seperating it into multiple text modules, add some pictures and video and a news rss feed.  These small changes can boost your hub scores and readership which will in turn boost your adsense revenue.

2. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
      pauldeedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Chris, you haven't completed signing up for or associating your Google AdSense account.  That's why you haven't earned a dime.

5. lakeerieartists profile image63
    lakeerieartistsposted 14 years ago

Mine seems to be working just fine.

6. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

I think people are shopping sales in local stores, there are very good sales going on now. or online at specific store sites.

7. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Nelle -- Amazon is earning. The problem seems to be just with Adsense. Traffic is stable -- no problems there. But I've just had three days in a row of ZERO Adsense earnings across all of my hubs/blogs/sites. Never happened to me before.

Relache -- Can't tell anything from Analytics. Traffic is good, but the problem seems to be too broad to narrow anything down. I had a pretty good November, though.

8. wrenfrost56 profile image57
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

mmmmm.....I haven't checked mine lately, may have to have a look. Seems this is happening to a few people. A issue with adsense maybe?

9. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

My Adsense seems to be working just fine.  Of course thats all  across the board. 

With the amount of people with the issue it does sound like something is wrong or its just a big coincidence.

10. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

I had a weird drop in clicks from hubpages over the last couple of days, but the impressions are still registering so I cant blame it on hubpages.

My other adsense locations are performing well if not better, so I cant blame it on adsense

I think its weird that so many of us are experiencing this though

11. profile image0

I just can't figure this stuff out. Period. Ive tried several times. Im not computer literate.

1. profile image0

You just need to go to 'Affiliate settings' tab, sign up for adsense, then copy and paste the ID you are given into the relevant field. If you can use a forum then you can do that.

12. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

My Ad Sense dropped off a cliff after Thanksgiving. I was making dollars a day--I had several $10+ days in the summer--and now I'm down to two or three cents a day, worse than when I first came here two years ago.

I really never have been able to understand Adsense or get Amazon to work for me. I'm just not that marketable I think. I'm from some other dinosaur generation of writers.

1. profile image0

Pam I think we're about the same age - you're not a dinosaur girl. Just pick out some products and start describing them.

1. profile image0
        pgrundyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nelle, I should indeed try that. I had some Amazon ideas last night as i was  falling asleep...lol!

Seriously I did.

I just have to do it.

But seriously, I AM a dinosaur... you are not! There's something about my brain that just can't get with the web entrepreneur thing. Maybe it's not so much age as just my temperament. I'm bad at math too--Word things I can do. Money things, not so good at them. smile

13. profile image0

I was just now told my URL wasa illegal and I have no idea what that could even mean.

1. Dame Scribe profile image56
      Dame Scribeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As long as you are not a illegal alien, I don't know why you would be told that either yikes wowsy!

2. profile image0
  14. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Pam you're talking yourself out of this. I've read your well-written complicated, oh so interesting hubs. You are more than capable to do this.

1. profile image0

You're right, by God. You've convinced me.

Expect to see stuff hubs from me on a regular basis! (Quaking in boots, crossing fingers behind back...)

15. profile image0

Well, Im bested Im afraid. I have worked on this and worked on it. I may look like a computer nerd but Im afraid I am totally at a loss. I worked on this thing all evening and still can't figure it out.

16. profile image0

That's the   problem with this whole process. There is nothing here that is in plain language and I just can't figure this stuff out.Ive worked on it all evening and seems like I just about get it figured out and then there's proverbial monkey wrench in the machine. Now it's my E-Mail and password that is giving me fits and I don't know what that's about.

17. SandyMcCollum profile image63
    SandyMcCollumposted 14 years ago

Chris, tell us more about what's happening.

I've had ZERO days lately and I thought it was just me. I'm not alone it seems, so I'll keep checking to see if someone has found the answer.

18. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

I've seen a 34% drop in my average daily Adsense revenue.  4th Qtr to date Amazon is already doubled 3rd quarter and I still have the rest of the month to go.

19. profile image0

KCC and Lily Rose don't you think that there's the possibility that your adsense is down because your Amazon is up? Instead of clicking on ads their clicking on products - which may or may not convert.

1. Lily Rose profile image85
      Lily Roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's a very good point, Nelle, and I hope that you're right - as long as they convert, that is!

20. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Absolutely.  They can't click in two places at one time.  smile

21. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

Having the same results with adsense as others here.  Where before it was dollars it's now pennies most of the time.  But nothing really surprises me on these sites anymore.

22. visitmaniac profile image60
    visitmaniacposted 14 years ago

I know this is most likely not the case however advertisers are starting to smarten up and only have their ads show on search results instead of on content pages. It yields more trust and quality clicks.

1. sunforged profile image71
      sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Advertisers and marketers have known to focus on the search network rather than the content network for years, I doubt that those who do use the content network are suddenly making changes this month..especially at a level that we would notice

1. profile image0
        EmpressFelicityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Relative newbie here: can somebody explain what the two of you mean in words of one syllable?  lol

1. profile image0

Less cash for us from hubs, i try make you get it, type with one syl hard; soz cant do it.

1. profile image0

lol OK, so monosyllables won't do it... how about plain English?

2. sunforged profile image71
            sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

he said, less people use adwords a certain way, less money for us using adsense

I say,no, that is not a recent trend - I should have added, feel free to show me some recent stats or industry news -otherwise that is VERY old news and is irrelevant to discussion

In your case it would be easier to pretend you never read either of our comments as the point is moot

1. profile image0

OK, I think I get it now... thanks

23. itcoll profile image61
    itcollposted 14 years ago

I do not see any change at all.

24. Papa Sez profile image67
    Papa Sezposted 14 years ago

I read some good info in this thread.  Thanks, I am quite new to this.  It's scary though that there are these unexplainable dips in adsense revenue.  And it seems that we end up just guessing what's going on and why.

25. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I haven't said anything because I figured it was just me, but my adsense earnings have TANKED big time in the past few days! Like others here, mine have gone from dollars to cents.

26. richypee profile image59
    richypeeposted 14 years ago

Just Yesterday my $91 adsense account has been disabled, perhaps am fed up with google adsense team. I was hoping few days from now I will hit my first paycheck but not knowing my account was disabled yesterday. Am thinking if google will send back the advertisers money to them.

27. profile image0

Well none of it is very transparent. Google is hard to fathom for most of us geezers, and HP stays kind of out of it for the most part, which I understand but sometimes it is frustrating. It wasn't frustrating until I got used to seeing Google deposits into my bank account. Now that they are suddenly not forthcoming I am left feeling frustrated, like, oh who moved my cheese THIS time?

This cheese moving gets old real fast.

I get emails from newbies--what percentage does HP let you have? and blah blah. It irritates me. People fomenting insurrection before they've even written two words. And yet, really, at a site like this we aren't really in control. You trade some control for the instant page views of a popular site.

I think I just need to go back to not caring about Adsense or I'll go crazy real fast. Or, crazier. yikes

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The moving cheese is normal I am afraid. And - as you say - google is completely opaque. Totally.

I mentioned some time back that I thought certain subjects had been penalized here. Mostly financial subjects. And this had cost me substantially. Several hundred dollars a month gone from adsense.

I do not see what hubpages can do about it and I blame the incredible amount of "foreclosure cleaning service" spam on the site. etc etc.

I really really like hubpages as a venue because they take care of a lot of the technical crap that I hate - but - it is not my site and I have LOTS of other sites now. smile

But - everyone seems hell bent on creating so much new content they are actually unable to see what is going on.

Sure - I made more money last month with amazon - but that is because my pages are older and I have more of them. The fact is - their recent changes cost me 20% of my revenue. sad

1. profile image0

Mark, if you are feeling it, I don't feel so bad. I know how hard you work at maximizing your revenue here. I don't work at all (except on the writing) so I am lamenting a monthly 'free money' check not a drop in my bread and butter pay the bills receipts.

Also that explains a lot since many of my hubs are on financial topics.

I wondered if the influx of content at HP and on the web in general was diluting things. I mean, everyone and their mother is trying to make buck online now. Common sense tells me that only a few will be able to really do it, and the more people trying, the worse the chances.

28. ngureco profile image81
    ngurecoposted 14 years ago

People are silent here. It looks as if this adsense drop is not affecting many people here but it is affecting me.

1. Aya Katz profile image83
      Aya Katzposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's affecting me, too. I was just starting to earn last month after my PIN fiasco, but now it's almost down to nothing again.

29. profile image0

Well, personally Ive completely given up. I got into it without understanding how to do it. It's a great venue for those who are computer literate but Im completely confused over it. As for my writing, I use the library computer here in Parkersburg and write the articles fast.Alot of you seem very well schooled in computers and can figure this stuff all out. Not me. I think it's a great tool for those who know what they are doing. Right now it won't accept my E-Mail or password. So, I know when Ive been licked.

30. 2patricias profile image60
    2patriciasposted 14 years ago

I try to think of AdSense as being like a lottery scratch card.  You just don't know what you are going to get.
    We never have big money days, but sometimes are good (by our standards).  Some of those days we get just one click that is worth a few dollars.  Other days we get multiple clicks that add up to less.
    We have tried working on key words, and sometimes think we are 'getting the hang of it' - then income drops to the ground again.
    Our income was higher in October than November.  December so far has been dreadful - including views today.  Maybe everybody is out shopping?

31. yoshi97 profile image56
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

It's Christmas time ... The people who are normally browsing the internet for info are now looking for products to purchase, and they are going to sites like Amazon.com and Walmart.com to look for these goodies ... not Google searches.

Granted, we will see *some* of this traffic, and we should see more Amazon clicks for it, but as I see it, December is a great month to pump out a lot of hubs in preparation for the New Year when people recover back to their usual cycle.

Granted, you could pump out some Christmas hubs, but if you waited this long to drop one on the site you waited too long, as you need to catch a holiday about two months ahead to achieve a solid ranking on it when the holiday occurs. Disregarding that, the holiday only lasts about a month, leaving the hub dry and lifeless for the next 11 months.

So ... write some hubs ... ignore the drought ... and know that the rains will return in January!

I already checked Googles's Adsense forums and Amazon's forums where the veterans scream like a banshee whenever something is wrong with either service and I haven't heard a peep ... so this is all par for the course.

Also, weekends and holidays are traditionally weak (at least for most of us) so don't run off in fear. Just hunker down and enjoy the holiday season ... waiting for Baby New Year to bring in some new revenue. smile

1. profile image0

...always provided that people haven't bankrupted themselves paying for Christmas LOL.  I would be interested to know from people who've been on HP for a couple of years, whether there is always a dip in Adsense revenue during December.  If it happens every December, then it's something you can point to as being an inevitable consequence of people buying stuff from real shops instead of the Internet during that month.  If this December is the first time it's happened, then obviously something else is at work.

32. profile image0

Just to inject a positive note, I still like writing here.

Just got used to the cash. smile

I still like writing here also. I wouldn't do it if I didn't.

But it has definitely been a case of, "one step forward, two steps back" lately. And not just here. LOL

Trust me - a 30% drop in the value of the dollar against the Euro has not helped. wink

33. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

I could be wrong of course, but looks like the euro seen its best days. Loving the most recent action LOL

No - I agree with you. The Dubai fallout is going to be huge. Bought dollars a couple of weeks ago and expect them to be heading down any day soon. against the Euro any day now......

Please....... lol

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And what happened in Dubai? I don;t follow the news, you know... smile

LOL

You mean you are not following my blog?

http://blog.luxuryproperty.com/dubai-wo … d-of-hurt/

Shame on you. $60 billion in debts about to be defaulted on. Citibank should be OK - they loaned directly to the government Inc - but the Euro zone banks are exposed all the way.

Gentlemen - Start your printing presses. sad

34. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

i will be clear and state, i have had absolutely no drop in traffic, in fact it is still steadily increasing.

But for some odd reason, almost no clicks are being generated via hubpages, click revenue and frequency is increasing at my other sources

The only theory said earlier that relates to my situation, is an increase in amazon traffic is substituting for the adsense clicks..i havent really tracked non paying clicks in the past..maybe a higher percentage of readers are exiting via amazon and ebay (which is really up)

it seemed like a couple of commenters were in the same place as me, no traffic change, adsense impressions still showing..just no clicky clicky?

Im just going to put more effort into promoting the topics and hubs that are still are earning for this season

35. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Thank you. I will bookmark it for daily reading wink

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Misha! You are back...missed you...

36. profile image0

Yes, Welcome back Misha!

37. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

Misha!  When did they let you out?

1. yoshi97 profile image56
      yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I heard Russian asylums always let out a few patients around Christmas time. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)