Gays and transsexuals can't enter heaven..?

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (102 posts)
  1. profile image54
    fun2hubposted 14 years ago

A Roman Catholic Cardinal told homosexuals and transsexuals on Wednesday they would never get into heaven, prompting a rebuke from the Vatican itself.

"Transsexuals and homosexuals will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven, it's not me who says it but St. Paul," said Mexican Cardinal Javier Barragan, a former Vatican official who recently retired, referring to one of St. Paul's epistles.

Source: http://in.news.yahoo.com/137/20091203/7 … er-he.html

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is this a joke ??!! yikes

and if it's not, I'm sure they wouldn't care.
      A lot of boring people in Heaven
      I ain't going there either ! lol

1. fatfist profile image65
        fatfistposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Tantrum,
        If it makes you feel any better, these priests are being dishonest. I am willing to bet anything that all priests and pastors want to go to the same place you will be going. Even if it is in hell. As long as you are wearing that nice bikini!
        And who can blame them? Certainly not God - he made you smile

I hope You're wrong.
          Don't want to see them by my side ! lol lol

2. profile image0
        lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And I am going to laugh in his face when HE doesn't get into Heaven and all of the homosexuals and transsexuals pass him up in line to get into Heaven

3. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is not exactly scriptural but is what I think that it may be like.
        somebody is going to tell me that I am wrong but I'm going to say this anyway. I think that it is sorta like this...  there are diffrent levels in the after life as described in the bible.
         The kingdom of God will have the most elect serving as the governing body.  Ya gotta be almost perfect to be here.  The Mother Teressa types etc..
      They have the best jobs

Heaven will be a second level  for those that were really doing their best as they knew how but were mislead from time to time, fell down a lot but tried to get back up 

and paradise as a third level; Who is allowed in this level I wouldn't say except... I am sure that this is where those that did the fewest good deeds on earth will be rewarded accordingly. And they will be happy to have whatever jobs that they have.
          I can't explain this properly but I think that is going to be kinda like that.
          We are not supposed to PASS  JUDGMENT over things that we know little about.  To your question.  I Don't know.

1. CarolineLee profile image61
        CarolineLeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hello! I was just wondering where and in what version of the Bible this is in?

1. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Here ya go!
            "If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."  (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

1. Missyhalo profile image60
            Missyhaloposted 10 years agoin reply to this

AND HERE I GO...
            TRANSSEXUALISM- THE TRUTH BETWEEN MY GOD AND I.
            The only thing or part of me that is a superficial body part of a man, is my long clitoris that developed into a penis in my mothers womb. In other words, everyone experiences being a female during the beginning stages of conception. Its clear that when a male to female girl is raised up as such, that girls whole bone struture developes and grows to be a woman etc. A lot of people don't have the decency to educate themselves on anything they hate or can't understand and doesn't applys to them. Perhaps we transsexuals are hated and labeled according to the DSM book for selfish self created business gains and opportunity pleasures in that sense of advantage. What people fail to understand is that,
            Everyone has a little bit of mommy and daddy in them, like red and white makes pink, a new color. Only thing is, the genes of one out weights the other. You see, angels may transform, but I am who I am. I, myself am a transexual-intersexual-natal/cis gender woman, so if God don't make mistakes, and suppose he created me with a penis and a vagina, and I decide to lay or have sexual intercourse in marriage with a man who has a penis like I do, or if I decide to lay or have sexual intercourse with a woman who has a vagina like I do , I don't see how I would be gay, wrong, or sinning. Or is it wrong also for a woman born with a vagina whose genetic chromosomes are XXY intersexual, to dress like a man or to dress like a woman and be attracted to woman? Gee's, what would churches think of such a lady? opps!, I mean man, I mean woman, I mean both! How about women with huge penis size and penis looking clitorises? Men who are orally attracted to them must really be gay huh? Wrong! The debate goes on as to whether or not the mind of a transsexuals is female, making them intersexuals, which obviously they are. There are many different types of intersexuals, some of which are transsexuals- I am a woman, just a different type of classy woman. Homosexuality labels was man-made or society created nonsense. To bad society and churches got caught up in stupidty and perhaps believe everything almost everything they read, rather than studying the Bible and testing the spirits- you know you love me, sadly said. God does not condem transsexualism-intersexualism, he condems homosexuality/anal sex, and crossdressers. But if you read between the legs of a true intersex being, you'll know that the Bible and prophets and the corrupt side of society are inconsistant with themselves. God don't make mistakes, yet, God will correct the blinded, crippled, dwarf(s), conjoint, born in the wrong body, the ignorant like you, etc. in the beginning. Heterosexual men and women swearing by their graves and gay or bi and lesbians believe that transsexuals are a worst form of being gay. Well then, why does the difference between sexual orientation and gender orientation exist? Its obvious even the educated are totally confuse and greatly mistaken. And did you ever thought that the reason why many transsexuals are bisexual is part or the whole reason that one day perhaps they will run into someone who will bare a child for them before they get a sex change. Well it's truth. To conclude, transsexuals are women. Their spirit rules over their bodies, mind, and soul, so don't try turning them into someone they are not, because it won't work. It'll only work if society rejects them until they eventually commit suicide, or churches who put fear into them because they are repulsive and afriad to be corrected with the truth of literature like mines, so they try taking advantage of transsexuals who don't understand to defend and guard themselves, and allow people to call them men, gay, etc. Or, they might repent if they are promised a wife for their obedience, if that even exists, or perhaps evening repenting, because they were never a woman to begin with. So the inconsistansies, which really are lies due to someone lying, for example, the inconsistancies of the Bible or prophets being inconsistent with themselves or each other, mislead them, the weak transsexual to astray. Transsexuals who are mislead astray by many verses in the Bible and are weak and believe that so called power of the Bible/prophets/God, will suffer how people rule, convince, or tell them they should live their lives. And by the way, I am a Christian believer. I believe everyone should reconsider who we really are inside. After all, heaven is a matter within us.

4. thevoice profile image61
      thevoiceposted 14 years agoin reply to this

this wrong no one judges yet God Jesus the holy spirit. THe voice

5. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

but hatchet murderers, puppy killers and philanderers are ok! big_smile

1. getitrite profile image70
        getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I guess as long as they repent?!!!! lol lol

1. Presigo profile image61
          Presigoposted 14 years agoin reply to this
        2. tantrum profile image60

That's why Heaven is so packed up! lol

It's like a Bingo nite ! lol

6. dishyum profile image56
      dishyumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

gatekeeper?

7. profile image0
      loriamooreposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Fun2Hub,

I don't agree with that statement.  As Christians we are taught to love the sinner yet hate the sin.  The point the church should be making is that when one starts to love God and draw closer to Him, he/she will walk away from their behaviors or activities that offend God.

Yes, transexuals and gays who have accepted Christ will go to Heaven.

Why a God should be offended by LOVE ??
        don't you know gay people are capable of love ?
        and in the name of what should they stop loving the person they love ?

8. pylos26 profile image71
      pylos26posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nope...and its cus they're to nasty.

9. Tom Cornett profile image80
      Tom Cornettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Then who...may I ask...is going to decorate MY MANSION!  smile

10. OregonWino profile image59
      OregonWinoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

St. Paul knew some tranies?

11. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No one is going to be entering heaven, because it doesn't exist, as it's told. lol lol

12. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

that is strange, because as of the "New Catechism" many liberal RC Churches are allowing homosexual priests. guess they figured it was a better alternative to petaphiliac. anyway....

as for why:
      simple, if you had a farm of apples and all of a sudden a pumpkin patch started growing, would you be able to say you had just an apple farm? or keep the crop from getting overtaken by pumpkins, or would you put the pumpkins somewhere outside the apple farm?
      just sayin`

13. DGB profile image59
      DGBposted 14 years agoin reply to this

they can, the church states it is ok now,you can be gay but you are not allowed to have sex. the reason for this is because the church says a couple have to get married before they have sex and if they have sex it is on the purpose of making a child, which evidently gay people can't do. they are not discrmanated that way. anyways i dont believe in heaven.

1. Flightkeeper profile image66
        Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dang, gay people can't seem to get a break with the church.

1. The Rope profile image60
          The Ropeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There are at least 40 Christian denominations that accept ALL people and foster open and affirming worship.  Almost all have published statements or resolutions that affirm all humans as being God's children with gifts to offer the rest of the world and affirm that judgments are not ours to make.  These are blended denominations of straight and GBLT members as well as all backgrounds, ethnicity, etc...Each of the denominations believe all persons are equal in God's eyes.

1. Flightkeeper profile image66
            Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Rope, my apologies, I was trying to be funny. I am well aware that there are many denominations that are very accepting.

14. Missyhalo profile image60

Transsexuals are transsexual-intersexual-natal/cis gender females, GET OVER IT! Red and white mixed makes blue, a new color- I am that new color. Therefore, there is a little of a women in every man and vise verse women. Sometimes the woman in a boy out weights the boy, and although they were born boys (not men), they become or raise themselves innocently as girls/ or women like transgender fish. Yes, us transsexuals are boys/men but also we are women- its called intersexed XXY, a different type of turn-on- chicks with dick:) Please the the persecution.

2. blogdigz profile image57
    blogdigzposted 14 years ago

It's strange!

3. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

OMG why are all the women in this thread sexy, can I be one too,

1. K Partin profile image61
      K Partinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

U are Maita!! smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
        prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thnaks K, youre a friend, very LOYAL

1. K Partin profile image61
          K Partinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile

4. K Partin profile image61
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

Why not? Someone created them right?

5. pay2cEM profile image82
    pay2cEMposted 14 years ago

Is it possible for Christians two go 2 weeks without sticking their foot in their mouth?

6. Presigo profile image61
    Presigoposted 14 years ago

Any unrepentant sinner will not enter the kingdom of God. One cannot mix red paint with white paint and still have white paint.

Nice words !! big_smile
      that's what you think
      but

AWFUL!!!!!!!!! sad

2. Missyhalo profile image60

No, there be a new nice color called lovely "pink!"

7. alexandriaruthk profile image69
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

but they are humans too

as we all are, their sin just seems to get more play. We all have things we do that are sin, God will judge us, we shouldnt do it to each other, for we are imminently unqualified. Judging is not condemning, judging can also be advocating in that case we have judged it acceptable

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you Presigo...no one can judge us but Him. and yea I feel bad that trans and homos get picked on the most just because they are different. It's so sad!

2. tantrum profile image60

You said :

'Any unrepentant sinner will not enter the kingdom of God. One cannot mix red paint with white paint and still have white paint.'

Is that not judging ?

I think you have 'double personality' problems.

Not at all, I did not make gay sex a sin, just like I didnt make adultry sin. I dont define what is sin and what isnt. I know all of us have sin, but we should not judge lest we be judged, it is clear

What is clear is, that you're judging me ,saying I'm a sinner just like you.
            speak for yourself!
            I don't sin as I don't believe!
            THANK YOU !!
            I hope that's clear enough for one of your personalities!

Your failure to admit to your sin does not change the fact that it is sin. You and I do not define what is and isnt sin, Our submission to He who does define sin is the difference between repentant and unrepentant sin

lol lol lol
                what a joke!

and
                What a nerve !!!!!
                Really ??!!!

lol
                I can't believe people like you exist.
                Something is very wrong with your mind.

Dont be angry, it wont help you, you are just not ready to acknowledge that A creator exists that loves you, you will someday, of that I am sure.

lol lol
                    who's angry?!
                    I'm laughing like Hell
                    lol lol lol

2. Valerie F profile image59
              Valerie Fposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So is stealing okay if you don't believe it's a sin?

1. drej2522 profile image68
                drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

wait...stealing isn't okay??

Damnit! smile

3. Natasha Luve profile image57
              Natasha Luveposted 8 years agoin reply to this

So Much passion and dualality here I luvgod and do the best I can to be a good person I am also a sinner that luves pink color. Yet also doesn't believe in heaven. I am a powerful strong woman hit like a man yet speak soft with a smile everyday the world is a fkd up and beautiful place IMA do me everyone can do them godmade me both yet IMA transexual woman.everyday of my life it just depends where u stand how u see things

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
          Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh no - you have it all wrong.

Pointing out what is in the bible is not judging.

They can do this as much as they like and have persuaded themselves that it does not count because god said it - not them - they are just the "messenger."  lol

1. Missyhalo profile image60

You're right, god your god said it, not God, you stupid:)

8. kess profile image61
    kessposted 14 years ago

It is sad to see that people are still yet to understand that the kingdom of their God comes to them while they are still on earth.

And which ever kingdom they lived for on earth that is the kingdom they will inherit,

And therefore those who are "enjoying" a distasteful lifestyle now are going to "enjoy" that lifestyle forever more.

lol
      Another one !
      lol lol

1. Natasha Luve profile image57

Lol

9. Bovine Currency profile image60
    Bovine Currencyposted 14 years ago

Heaven?  Is that place still open?

It's packed wit a lot of repenting sinners too afraid to stay out

1. Bovine Currency profile image60
        Bovine Currencyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I joined a club once.  We got a neat little key ring made of pewter, conveniently shaped for sniffing magic dust tongue

2. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I swore they were temporarily closed for renovations - yeh for us we can still get it, but I'm praying Hell is open, cover charge or not lol

10. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Nice pic, Kim big_smile

11. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

haha!!! big_smile smile lol

it's just kind of strange that they would single out transexuals and homosexuals but overlook hatchet murderers and whatnot.

wierrrd neutral

well, i have to go now. haha tantrum have a fun day!

I would agree

lol

12. profile image0

overcrowding and such....

13. profile image0

so, the overcrowding rumor is false?

No !
      didn't you hear me ?
      It's loaded ! big_smile

2. profile image0

Jackpot!

3. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

what the he.................... is going on here?
      Heaven renovated over 6 months ago and if you read your updated version of the bible you would know this.  I however am more apt to read straight to Hell because they made way cooler renovations.  Just FYI

1. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I missed that memo, too! Damn!

4. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

bump

1. profile image54
        fun2hubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You like bump?

5. DennisBarker profile image61
      DennisBarkerposted 14 years ago

I can't be bothered with this bulls**t.

Life is way too short for people to be making judgements about things that they have no experience of, perhaps that is what will send them to their own hyper critical, why don't you do this instead of that because a 2000 year old book says its right, hell.

christians with tis kind of attitude should just grow up and start dealing with
      1)
      their own repressed sexuallity and oppression of women,
      2)
      anyone who isn't christian,
      3) slavery bollo**ks justified by the bible,
      4)refusal to condemn hitlers slaughter of the jews, and
      5) several other things that get me annoyed by their stupidity.

get a life people, and start leaving others to get their own.

as you can tell, I'm not in the mood for taking prisoners tonight.

lol  lol

6. DennisBarker profile image61
      DennisBarkerposted 14 years ago

There is a very big assumption that transexuals are in some way sinning, didn't god create everyone and everything on the planet including those that sin? why would he do that?

7. profile image0
      pgrundyposted 14 years ago

You'd think from reading these threads that the Bible was 85% about gay people going to hell and 15% about the rest of us going to hell.

The Bible has very little to say about homosexuality, and what it does have to say is contradictory and confusing. Jesus spent ZERO amount of words on condemnation of homosexuality. For all we know, Jesus could have been homosexual. Some scholars even argue that he was. Myself, I think we don't know and it isn't important. It's totally off-message when it comes to Christianity.

1. Friendlyword profile image60
        Friendlywordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Kiss Kiss. Can always count on you to bring some sense to an argument. Here is something I been putting on all of the religious forums:

ST PETER AT THE GATE

St Peter stood guard at the golden gate, with solem mien and air sedate.  When up to the top of the golden stair, a man and a woman ascended there.  Applied for admission, they came and stood, before St Peter so great and good.  In hopes the city of peace to win,  and asked St Peter to let them in.

The woman was tall, and lank, and thin, with a scraggly geardlet upon her chin.  The man was short and thick and stout, his stomach was built so it rounded out.  His face was plaeasant, and all the while, he wore a kindly and pleasant smile.

The choirs in the distance, the echoes awoke, and the man kept still, while the woman spoke.

"O thou who guards the gate," said she "we two cam hither, beseeching thee, to let us enter the heavenly land, and play our harps with the angle band.  Of me; St Peter, there is no doubt, there is nthing from heaven to bar me out.  I've been to meeitng theree times a week, and almost always I'd rise and speak. I've told the sinners about the day, when they repent of their evil way.  I tld my nneighbors, I've told them all, 'bout Adam and Eve, and the promal fall.  I've shown them what they'd have to do, if they'd pass in with the cholsen few.  I've marked their path of duty clear, laid out the plan for the whole career.   I've talked and talked to em loud and long, for my lungs are good, and my voice is strong.  So good St Peter you'll clearly see, the gate of heaven is open for me.

But my old man...I regret to say, hasn't walked in exactly the narrow way.  He smokes and he swears, and grave faults he's got. And I don't know if he will pass or not. He never would pray with an earnest vin, or go to revival, or join in a hymm. So I had to leave him in sorrow there, while I, with the chosen, united in proyer.  He ate what the pantry chanced to afford, While I, in my purity, sang to the Lord.  And if cucumbers were all he got, It's a chance if he merited them or not.  But O St Peter, I love him so; to the pleasures of heaven , please let him go.  I've done enough, a  saint I've been, wont that atone? Cant you let him in?

By my grim gospel, I know tis so, that the unrepentant must try below.  But isn't there some way you can see, that he may enter, who's dear to me?  It's narrow gospel by which I pray, but the chosen expect to find some way,  of coaxing, or fooling, or bribing you, so that their relations can amble through?

And say..St Peter...it seems to me, the gate isn't kept as it ought to be.  You ought  to satand by the opening there, and never sit down in theat easy chair.  And say...St Peter...my sight is dimmed, But I don't like the way your whiskers are trimmed.  They're cut too wide and outward toss, they'd look better narrow, cut straight across.  Well, we must be going, our crown to win, so open, St Peter and we'll pass in."

St Peter sat quiet and stroked his staff, but , in spite of his office, he had to laugh.  Then said witha fiery gleam in his eye, "Who's tending this gateway, you or I?" And then he arose in his stature tall, and pressed a button upon the wall, and said to an imp, who came all aglow, "Escort this woman to the regions below."

The man stood still a piece of stone, stood sadly, gloomily, there alone.  A lifelong settled idea he had, that his wife was good and he was bad.  He thought if the woman went down below, that he would certainly have to go.  That if she went to the regions dim, there wasn't a ghost of a chance for him.

Slowly he turned, by habit bent, to follow wherever the woman went.  St Peter, standing on duty there, Observed that the top of his head was bare.  He called the gentleman back and said: "Friend, how long have you been wed?"  "Thirty years"(he said with a heavy sigh).  And then he thoughtfully added, "Why?"

St Peter wwas silent.  With head bent down, he raised his hand and scrtched his crown.  Then, seeming a differnt thought to take, slowly, half to himself, he spake: "Thirty years with that woman there, no wonder the man hasn't any hair.  Swearing is wicked, smoking's not good, he smoked and swore...I should think he would.

Thirty years with that tongue so sharp?  O Angel Gabriel, give him  a harp.  A jeweled harp with a golden string.  Good Sir, pass in where the angels sing.  Gabriel, give him a seat alone, one with a cushion up near the Throne.  Call up some angels to play their best.  Let him enjoy the music and rest.  See that on the finest ambrosia he feeds,  he had about all the hell he needs.  It isn't just hardly the thing to do, to roast him on earth and the future too."

They gave him a harp with golden strings, a glittering robe and a pair of wings.  And he said as he entered the Realms of Day "Well this beats cucumbers, anyway."  And so the Sciptures ahd come to pass. The last shall be first, and athe first shall be last.

Written By,
        JOSEPH BERT SMILEY

2. Valerie F profile image59
        Valerie Fposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually, the Bible does not contradict itself at all on the matter of homosexuality, but is quite clear.

Well, the OT is anyway! lol

3. Natasha Luve profile image57

Hahahaha

8. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years ago

i know, right? he didn't even want those people stoning that streetwalker...

1. profile image0
        pgrundyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah! What you said, cosette. smile

9. dragonbear profile image73
      dragonbearposted 14 years ago

Some words used by the late Cardinal Basil Hume when asked about getting to heaven.....

A priest started his homily at a funeral by saying, 'I am going to preach about judgement.' There was dismay in the congregation. But he went on: 'Judgement is whispering into the ear of a merciful and compassionate God the story of my life which I had never been able to tell.'

God will put his arm around us and walk with us to heaven while we tell him our story - warts and all. He knows us, loves us and won't abandon us. He forgives our failings and welcomes us when we truly say sorry.

Being Gay, Bi, transgender is not a failing though, it's who we are; the church may take time to understand and change, but God is way ahead already. Don't be afraid - his arms await.

We will all get to heaven eventually - even that Cardinal! :-)

10. Flightkeeper profile image66
      Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

The cardinal siting Paul is inappropriate. Paul isn't Jesus or God. As far as I'm concerned it's just Paul's opinion as well as the cardinal's. It has no bearing.

11. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years ago

lol

12. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 14 years ago

The way I see it written in scripture; the opening statement is correct. Gays and transsexuals are not going to enter into the kingdom. Neither will liars, thieves, whore mongers etc.

Does anyone really know what exactly the "Kingdom" of heaven is. Sounds to me that the Kingdom is  "OF" heaven, it is not Heaven. And I do not know that Paradise and heaven is the same place either.
         I say this because Jesus told the thief on the cross that today he would be with Jesus in Paradise. And yet the first fruits unto the Lord had not been reaped at that time as Jesus had promised that was to occur at some time in their future.
        Therefore Paradise and Heaven must be two diffrent places.

I think that there might be a place for "All" sinners in Paradise; maybe in heaven. But definitely not in the Kingdom"
         That is how I read the possibilities. I make few if any statements of certainty as to how God will manage his creation.

I constantly question my own interpretations of what I think scripture actually says. I think that everyone should.
         I think that all apearence of contradiction of scripture is just a figment of our interpretations.

13. aware profile image67
      awareposted 14 years ago

if heaven aint alot like dixie i dont wanna go

14. profile image0
      TheVerbalAxiomposted 14 years ago

Smh @ Heaven's requirements.

God already knows what's under my skirt smhlmfao I swear smile

15. aware profile image67
      awareposted 14 years ago

whats heaven like you think .? does it rain there? are there lions tigers and bears there?  what color is the sky? are the beaches clean?  i need some tourist info before i commit to the trip

1. goldenpath profile image67
        goldenpathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, to all.

16. goldenpath profile image67
      goldenpathposted 14 years ago

At this point the question, or accusation, is mute.  Judgement is NOT ours but for someone with waaaaay more authority than any of us.  My personal views on the subject are irrelevant yet, again, I support and encourage the practice of understanding and tolerance.  We are all human and part of the same great family.  I'm not about nor ever have been about casting stones.

17. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years ago

The only thing I am going to say is that no one will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven without first being changed into a new creature. There has to be a change no matter who you are.

1. profile image0
        cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i want to be a unicorn.

U and me both

2. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you completely. We have to be changed before we can enter.
           And I am not referring to anyone when I say  that we must not fall into the trap of saying; "Thank you Lord for not letting me be a sinner like him" and yet, never forget that except for the grace of God.. there I go.

We can be thankful for who we are and what we have been given; and yet not see anyone else as less than we are.

Whether we are Theist or Atheist it is a bad thing to judge anyone. Supposing ourselves to be better than they.
           And it is not being judgmental to not enjoy anyone's company for any reason that we choose.
           For example.. I have never meet a ballet dancer that I could have a good conversation with. Nothing against them.. just choose to not hang around a bunch of um.

18. Anti-Valentine profile image75
      Anti-Valentineposted 14 years ago

Well, I didn't read the whole thread, but let me just say that the cardinal who said gays and transsexuals can't enter heaven should take a long hard look at the state of the Catholic church, particularly the pedophile priests and so on. Perhaps they won't enter heaven either?

Quotes that apply here:

"Judge not lest ye be judged", or

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone", or

"How can you say to your brother, `Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?".

19. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Who could believe in this crud! A pile of homophobic rubbish is dished out in a book, so people believe it?
      Common sense would indicate that any place that is "special, and only I can go there" is a childish nonsense!
      Religion always includes exclusion and threats like this to many minorities.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Earnest, have you seen this thread? big_smile

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/34520#top

Yep! I saw it a couple of days ago when I was banned. smile

20. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 14 years ago

it all comes down to choice.

i still cannot grasp why folks blame the Creator for everything.
      rules are rules.

apples are apples, oranges oranges, chicken is chicken, rules are rules.

yet for some odd reason people blame Him for everything.
      for not getting into heaven. for getting into the metallic machine made by men, loaded up with man-made booze, that struck another man-made machine which happened because another man-made weapon with a man-made bullet in it was pointed at the person in the machine in a drive-by shooting, which went out of control' accidentally' slammed into yet another a man-made object - a building where a child happened to be sitting watching a man-made machine called television.

oh wait, that is all His fault.

humans should learn to follow the rules, learn to accept the consequences of their own action/lack of....

just sayin`

21. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 14 years ago

Jerami wrote:
         This is not exactly scriptural but is what I think that it may be like.
        somebody is going to tell me that I am wrong but I'm going to say this anyway. I think that it is sorta like this...  there are diffrent levels in the after life as described in the bible.
         The kingdom of God will have the most elect serving as the governing body.  Ya gotta be almost perfect to be here.  The Mother Teressa types etc..
      They have the best jobs

Heaven will be a second level  for those that were really doing their best as they knew how but were mislead from time to time, fell down a lot but tried to get back up 

and paradise as a third level; Who is allowed in this level I wouldn't say except... I am sure that this is where those that did the fewest good deeds on earth will be rewarded accordingly. And they will be happy to have whatever jobs that they have.
          I can't explain this properly but I think that is going to be kinda like that.
          We are not supposed to PASS  JUDGMENT over things that we know little about.  To your question.  I Don't know.

=

=====================================================
      Caroline Lee  said  Hello! I was just wondering where and in what version of the Bible this is in?
      ===================================================

Hello Caroline  I will answer your question as best as I can from my prospective.
         As I said in the first sentence this is not exactually scripural. But an opinion based upon many things written.
        Just my perseption.
      Since you asked for biblical references I will express my opinion this way.  ......
        Salvation is said to be a free gift paid for by Christ.
        It is taught that Jesus died for our sins almost 2000 years before we were born. 2000 years before we committed our first sin. 2000 years before we commit our next one.
         I would assume that we all are going to recieve salvation.   
         I will leave the definition of salvation open.
      It is written that we will recieve rewards according to our behaveior. To be stored in Heaven.
         If everything is true that I have heard about Mother Teresa; she certainly should recieve a greater reward than I.
          Jesus said while on the cross to the one thief (who was a sinner)" Today you shall be with me in Paradise".
          Are  Heaven and Paradise the same place? I personally do not think so.
          Then we would come to the Kingdom of God. I think this is the ruling class.
      I would think that the purest of heart and conscience would be counted among the ruling class. Posabily the 144000 that were given the seal of God for they were sinless. Including the 12 desciples and the 12 patriarchs of the 12 tribes. Anyway you get the Idea.
          I do believe in an afterlife and a discription of what I think it will be like would be something similar to this.
          So to finally answer again the origional question weeks ago.
        I think that there will be a place in Paradise, or heaven for Gays, and transvestites, whores and whoremongers and bank robbers and and pheodophiles, liars thieves and hypocrits..
          Now I don't know about devil worshipers ??? and etc.
      I think that what it is like when we get there depends upon the condition of our hearts upon crossing over to whatever paradise and  heaven is.

Actualy the concept of reincarnation taught in Budist and Hindu sounds atractive also.
          I have always said  Why does everything  have to be either - or
         Why can there not be some truth in both?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)