what will I do if my article is posted on another website?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (35 posts)
  1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago
    1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They gave you credit didn't steal it I would comment and say 'Thank You'. smile

prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

it was posted by another person and they didnt have acknowledgement or at least informed me, seems the one who post is a member of that community??

2. tony0724 profile image61
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

Very Interesting !

Hi Tony

3. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

Would it be crass to post the thank you with a link back to your hubs here?

Aevans is right in she at least gave you credit that is more than most do.

ok then, thanks to both of you

4. prettydarkhorse profile image62

I informed them already because it is a newspaper and it said they have copyright on it

1. profile image0
      lynnechandlerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Posted at the same time apparently. Yeah if it says they have copyright that is wrong. They need to take it down.

ok thanks Lynne, I will email them again

5. profile image0

Maita, I would be miffed no doubt about it. It is either a sincere form of a compliment that she enjoyed your article greatly or she just didn't know any better than to do it the way she did.

Send her a nice comment that you are glad she enjoyed your article at hubpages and while you are flattered you would appreciate it if she had asked permission.

I know for me I would either respond by leaving her a comment or contacting her in private.

6. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

i would join the site and comment to that post and say i hope you enjoyed my article, then put a referral link to my HubPages profile, inviting people to read more and privately ask them not to copy anything in the future without permission.

all it says at first is 'By prettydarkhorse' but then it goes on and on and nowhere does she say she did not write it or that she herself isn't prettydarkhorse. it's one thing to copy without telling you but to obviously give you credit, and then another to just copy it with just the author's name there but not say anything about it. (beautiful article, by the way. it made me want that soup).

thnaks cosette, I emailed them already

7. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

groovy! smile

huh, but everytime I emaild them my email bounced back after fifteen minutes, this is a newspaper huh

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

it looks like this 'senior member' likes to use other peoples work without permission. if you google the name of the newspaper, you can find their contact info link at the bottom of their front page. good luck!

8. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 14 years ago

When other sites take my work from HubPages, I file notices of infringement (per DMCA guidelines) and get the material taken down.

9. prettydarkhorse profile image62

thanks Ms Rebekahelle and relache,

10. SandyMcCollum profile image63
    SandyMcCollumposted 14 years ago

It's the China Daily, isn't that funny? Isn't China the one that makes all the knock-offs? Doesn't surprise me, but it does surprise me at the same time.

Sorry PDH! Keep us posted if you ever do get ahold of them!
    *Sandy

ok sandy thanks

11. SandyMcCollum profile image63
    SandyMcCollumposted 14 years ago

Well, I went to the link and registered as a member. Then, I left a note saying it was a beautiful article with great pictures, and I can see why a thief would want to steal PrettyDarkHorse's article and print it as their own. And, why did she do it? I'll keep checking back to see if "Anne-anne" responds or removes it.

12. Pearldiver profile image69
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Maita Hi... File your DMCA and don't engage in nice stuff with the posting party. She is a senior member and gets personal credit for 'her' posts.  She knew what she was doing! sad

Their forum and posting TOS specifically states the copyright standards ( of which she has agred to ).  There is nothing complimentary about it as far as you are concerned.  She has merely phished your work.

They will take it down with a DMCA. and advise you; probably wth an offer to submit work directly. Interesting.

Good Luck.... Sorry they picked on you.... you must write TOO Well Horsie lol

thanks so much PD< I will do what you say, and will do it now, I will eat first, want coffee everyone?

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes, I'll take another cup of coffee, Maita! getting ready to do the holiday decorating inside! good luck with the DMCA.

13. profile image0

Good luck, Maita! and yes, a good strong cup for me. I'm cutting out pj's today.

14. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

You can legaly ask them to take it down, it is your work and owned by yourself.

If they refuse threaten legal action via a DMCA notice, and send a copy to their ISP.  If they do not take the post down a simple follow up email should ensure that the entire website is temporarily removed until they agree to fix the problem.

Copyright theft is a crime, if you do not want the work up there, you can ask it to be removed (it may cause your own hub to be flagged as a duplicate). 

Now i'm going to watch some streaming movies on the internet. tongue

15. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Also if they have used it in a publication for which they have charged WITHOUT your written consent, you can sue the company. in most cases pointing out that your material has been used illegally without payment will result in you receiving an apology attached to a rather nicely sized cheque though.

16. KCC Big Country profile image86
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

We seem to have some knowledgeable folks here talking about this topic.  I've had an ongoing problem with a site that has had one of my articles up on it since May. I've had trouble figuring out where/how to file the complaint on this one.  I have done it rather easily on others in the past.   This is the link to where they have my article up.  I'm the one towards the bottom that talks about menstrual charts...the title even has the word "hub" in it.  LOL  http://www.sunday136.cn/

This is the link to the WhoIs.  http://whois.domaintools.com/sunday136.cn

How do I file the complaint with that?

1. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I assume in these cases you contact the ISP directly and so on this occasion it may be dreamhost.com, although when you view the source code of the website it is a wordpress template, but could be a blogger blog.

It looks like a chinese scraper site to me!

17. KCC Big Country profile image86

Thanks Wayne! I went to the dreamhost.com and when I clicked on the "Contact Us" info they had a spot for DMCA complaints.  I just filed a complaint through them.  Hopefully, that will do the trick.

18. KCC Big Country profile image86

In less than 40 minutes, it's down. I just got an email from Dreamhost notifying me that they have taken it down. When I click on it, the link is now broken. How is that for service, folks?  I'm very impessed.  Thanks so much for pointing me to the right direction.  I didn't have the "who is" piece before this forum thread.  That, and Wayne's help....it's done!

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That was cool. Glad to hear they took it down.

2. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Whoa I actually helped someone!!! yay!! glad it's been taken off as I do remember a previous post about that very same site!

19. KCC Big Country profile image86

I don't remember how many articles were on that page, but it was at least 7-8 more.  I might have just helped 7-8 others, because I don't know who those articles may have belonged to. The hosting company took the entire thing down.

20. KCC Big Country profile image86

You're my hero, Wayne.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)